Chase for NASCAR Sprint Cup S2 Champs: RFLX_Niop, Hendrick, Chevy

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,095 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally understand the wheel obsession now. Gonna make the road courses tough to get used to again, but this wheel is just way too much fun!

I was playing GT5 and it was a handful at Indy...think i may have the FF set too high lol

Yep, I don't think I have mine any higher than 5, but would have to check that. You should become even smoother though now 👍

Is that why it spins when you turn it on and off(i have a driving force gt)? What sucks for me is when my wife comes home i have to shut the ps3 off as fast as i can and pretend i doing something productive, but she always catches me because the wheel is spinning and making all sorts of noise.

Man, you not learnt the trick yet? I'm dissapointed in you Home :guilty: When you hear the car pulling up in the drive and you need to pretend that you haven't been playing GT all day long when you should have been doing something 'constructive', the first thing you do is pull the wire out that leads to the mains. This stops the spinning (and it wil reconfigure when booted back up). It's not ideal, but it saves grief. Made me laugh though, I'm with ya bruvva.

I finally opened up the wallet and bought a turtle beach headset, so I should be able to communicate for an entire race now.

http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/ps3-gaming-headsets/ear-force-px21.aspx

Jealous. These are next on my gadget list .... Or an iPad.

Oh, hold on, this doesn't mean you talk as much as Furi but we've just never head it, does it?

Last edited:
^^ two Furi's on the mic in one race?!? :scared:

IMG_8623.jpg

Wish we could have inter-team frequencies so that only Knelly and M-Stall can hear Furi. I'll admit I'm just as bad as Furi when it comes to talking on the mic in my lobbies too though haha.

Nobody can even hear my mic when there's more than about 11 or 12 people in a room, so I gave up talking for the most part.

Furi is the only person whose mic I am able to hear perfectly for an entire race. I usually can't hear some things that are said by others every so often.

Chqr
Wish we could have inter-team frequencies so that only Knelly and M-Stall can hear Furi. I'll admit I'm just as bad as Furi when it comes to talking on the mic in my lobbies too though haha.

Nooooooo, you can't do that to us .... Everyone must suffer.

Only joking Furi ;)

Saturday's race will be very interesting for me, as I couldn't make the Suzuka East race last season and this will be my first ever NASCAR race at this track. I also have no idea how my pace compares with those who are not in Ford, and what their strategies will be.

I think that I will end up qualifying somewhere around 4th to 7th on the grid.

Joe you are obviously trying to get some teams to leak their info. Well here you go: 51sec laps are average and consistant here for red bull, low 50sec laps have been seen. Consistancy is the key this race and tire wear is the issue. We plan on taking a couple few stops at the pits if you know what I mean :sly:

I don't think you do really, If people could actually hear my mic with more than about 11 people in the room, I'd be asking/checking the same kind of things with my teammates that you are with yours.

To add to my previous post: My qualifying pace may not match my race pace, and this may be the first ever NASCAR road course race that I don't win.

Joe you are obviously trying to get some teams to leak their info. Well here you go: 51sec laps are average and consistant here for red bull, low 50sec laps have been seen. Consistancy is the key this race and tire wear is the issue. We plan on taking a couple few stops at the pits if you know what I mean :sly:

I wasn't really after any particular figures, as I thought people wouldn't want to give them out. I was just after a general idea.

What your figures and pit strategy have done is given me hope that I'm nowhere as bad here as I thought. (I compared them to my results from testing, where I tried out many strategies.)

If you "plan on taking a couple few stops at the pits" then tyre wear shouldn't be an issue for your race.

All I have to say about that is you are like the control tower/spotter on Ovals but it's good stuff so don't quit it!

Well sometimes I feel like people need to know where I am going so they can get out the way :lol:

I haven't done enough testing, so I'm not sure about pit strategy. But I think I have good pace, averaging high 50s with a best of 50.2 I believe.

I finally understand the wheel obsession now. Gonna make the road courses tough to get used to again, but this wheel is just way too much fun!

Definitely going to get a wheel now. Sell off my PSP and buy a FGT off ebay :)

I'm getting used to this wheel now, I'm only 3 tenths or so of my best time at Suzuka East. I ran a 50.5 on the controller, running a 50.8 and improving on the wheel. Big improvement over last nite when I could barely drive without spinning, lol

I'm getting used to this wheel now, I'm only 3 tenths or so of my best time at Suzuka East. I ran a 50.5 on the controller, running a 50.8 and improving on the wheel. Big improvement over last nite when I could barely drive without spinning, lol

I hope the learning curve isn't too steep :nervous: but this should help with my Driving Lessons when I turn 17. One more reason to put to the parents.

I just got the DFGT a week ago and absolutely love it. Definitely a learning curve when you first try it, but well worth it. I feel it's improved the driving experience quite a bit.

Is anyone down to get together around 8 PM tonight to race at Daytona or Indy? I wanna try to get a race under my belt where i use my wheel in a group

I'm planning on NASCAR practice tonight anyways, I'm up for some 'Tona

DFGT £35 Sold to Chqr. Broken screw and table mount thingy broken though.

Gotta love eBay.

The new router has definitely fixed my issues, just ran fine in the 90's DTM.

I might join you for your race(s) later M-Stall, as I've not raced with the new chase cam at Daytona or Indy yet, only by myself. Any idea how many laps we'd be doing, and whether we'll use the regulations from this series?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back