Chase for NASCAR Sprint Cup S2 Champs: RFLX_Niop, Hendrick, Chevy

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,095 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Generally, the 3 speed gives you an advantage in qualify, and then you would find someone to 'pull' you around the track while your using the low rpm 4th gear to conserve fuel. It's an effective way to finish well, but I've found it makes for a somewhat boring race.

With the restricted HP, a 3 gear setup doesn't give the qualify advantage because the power band is forever. So it makes sense to run lower rpms and save fuel.

At this time in a year from now we will be on season 4. Pretty crazy when you think about it. Do u think there will be talks about a PS4 or GT6 by then? Or do u think we will be right here as is...until there's something new out there?????

Happy New Year everyone. You guys can thank me later for these predictions:

My 2012 Predictions for Chase Standings Finish

1. Matt Kenseth (2 wins)
2. Jeff Gordon (3 wins)
3. Denny Hamlin (3 wins)
4. Kyle Busch (4 wins)
5. Kevin Harvick (2 wins)
6. Clint Bowyer (1 win)
7. Jimmie Johnson (4 wins)
8. Carl Edwards (2 wins)
9. Kasey Kahne (1 win)
10. A. J. Allmendinger (0 wins)
11. Joey Logano (2 wins)
12. Jamie McMurray (0 wins)

13. Brad Keselowski (1 win)
14. Tony Stewart (3 wins)
15. Ryan Newman (1 win)
16. Greg Biffle (1 win)
17. Ambrose (0 wins)
18. Jeff Burton (1 win)
19. Juan Montoya (0 wins)
20. Dale Earnhardt Jr. (0 wins)

Outside of the Top 20: Paul Menard (0 wins), Truex Jr. (1 win) and Kurt Busch (0 wins)

Will need patience and consistency, along with good tires to make clean passes and have a good race. This will be a true test of our skills.

Going back to the Team Ownership System for S3.

I understand that there will be Team Owners and they will pick their drivers and blah, blah, blah.

What if there aren't drivers that Team Owners are looking for so just a suggestion but a Sprint Cup Draft similar to the NFL Draft to fill in those last few seats?

Watching Week 17 of the NFL last night kinda gave me this idea but LET'S GO TEXANS, LET'S GO!

I now have my new router.

I'd ideally like to remain at Ford permanantly. There was something slightly different handling-wise that I preferred with them at Daytona back when I was originally trying cars ages ago for FND. Of course, that was with my old setup so things may be different now.

The most amount of points I will need in order to get in the chase is 6, as my closest rival for the final spot (11th overall) is funkyducks. If he got all 23 points from Suzuka East he would have 5 more points than me. So I just need 6 points to ensure I get through.

Am I secure?

Yep, you're secure by a whole 2 points even if you didn't turn up.

How are we all getting on with Suzuka East? I've sorted out my strategy and am now just going to test a small setup adjustment that homeslice recommended, to see if it works for me.

VIP question here.......are we not allowing ABS??? I have my car dialed-in eitherway with or without ABS. But I thought this should be mentioned since per the OP no aids allowed n now we can disallow the use of ABS.

I'd definitely want to keep ABS.

EDIT: My room is open if people want to practice at Suzuka East. It will also allow me to find out whether the new router has fixed my connection issues or not.

EDIT: Room closed.

Last edited:
I would personally like to keep ABS on but eitherway I'm dialed in for whatever race day throws at us. The only difference with ABS off is you can't slam on the brakes. And with ABS off u need to lower your values in brake balance settings and use a little more thought before you hit the brakes. Either way it can be done but for a good race that's not too sloppy I say leave ABS on. We need droptop to chime in on this.

I vote to keep abs on as well, I'm not dependent on it myself, but NASCAR races are dangerous enough on road courses.

If it's up for vote, I vote we ban it, as the cars in real life don't have ABS. But I won't be disappointed either way.

Real NASCAR doesn't allow it, but I think banning it here will cause alot of punting accidents, especially with those using DS3.

As for the track, so far I've been concentrating on making my car smooth through all those quick transitions and I'm quite happy with it so far. I still need to do a tire test, that's next for me. Really hoping for a better showing this week, would like to build some momentum for the upcoming tracks.

Mudd, I'm on a ds3 and its pretty easy with ABS off. I held some practice for me n dowhat and I turned it off. At first dowhat struggled but within 15min he was dialed in n I was too. Dowhat uses a wheel n we r using the same braking sensitivity settings in lsd n the same values for brake balance. What I'm saying is wheel or no wheel, just give a try with no abs n try my suggested tuning on the brakes. All u need to keep in mind is to tap the brakes not slam them.

Oh, I agree Crazy. I often turn off abs during practice just to help force more brake control and tire life. Just saying it USUALLY causes the punting when turned off for everyone. It's not a deal-breaker for me, though, I'm good either way.

So i finally broke down and got a DFGT...and I love it!!! My only question is...do you have to calibrate it or anything like that? I just plugged it in and started

Should be ready from the box my friend. Every time you turn it on the spinning wheel calibrates it for you (I believe - that's all I do with mine).

Welcome to the wheel world ;)

I think we should leave abs on for the rest of the season(like it has been). Maybe we can talk about it again before season 3.

Should be ready from the box my friend. Every time you turn it on the spinning wheel calibrates it for you (I believe - that's all I do with mine).

Welcome to the wheel world ;)

Is that why it spins when you turn it on and off(i have a driving force gt)? What sucks for me is when my wife comes home i have to shut the ps3 off as fast as i can and pretend i doing something productive, but she always catches me because the wheel is spinning and making all sorts of noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back