Chase for NASCAR Sprint Cup S2 Champs: RFLX_Niop, Hendrick, Chevy

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,095 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that created on Dreamweaver? I do web design as part of my IT course. Looks brilliant Chqr!

Thanks, its actually created using a web-editing program we have at college called LogoStar which was developed by students. The slideshow javascript, body css is template though. The tables and modules css is all mine though.

Thanks, Crazy. However, I think the website would be good for the sole purpose of displaying news articles, series' information and driver information in a nice easy to read manner that looks attractive to other drivers in GTP or not in GTP.

The Christmas 250 is tonight at 8 Eastern right? I plan on attending. Also I had a couple of ideas that we could maybe try out tonight snce its an exhibition

Cautions: We could test out cautions. A caution would be thrown at the discretion of the host for any accident that involves 3 or more cars. Single car spins or accidents that only involve 1 car would not create a caution

Double File Starts/Restarts: We could do one pace lap directly after the countdown to green to create a tighter and more realistic start

Also Chqr, that website looks absolutely awesome and I would HIGHLY support the use of a league site. Keep up the good work :D

The Christmas 250 is tonight at 8 Eastern right? I plan on attending. Also I had a couple of ideas that we could maybe try out tonight snce its an exhibition

Cautions: We could test out cautions. A caution would be thrown at the discretion of the host for any accident that involves 3 or more cars. Single car spins or accidents that only involve 1 car would not create a caution

Double File Starts/Restarts: We could do one pace lap directly after the countdown to green to create a tighter and more realistic start

Also Chqr, that website looks absolutely awesome and I would HIGHLY support the use of a league site. Keep up the good work :D

I'm up for that and if all attending agree then let's do it.

What I was also thinking, that as it seems R Softs don't give you long life, then Qualification is allowed on RS, with the race on RH. However, you are only allowed one stint to qualify .... as soon as your RS tyres are done, so is your qualifying. You must then come in and replace for your RH's once you have effectively ruined your tyres.

To confusing or is it a goer?

EDIT : Plus I am sure Mudd will be up for cautions :lol:

For cautions, I have ran them like this:

2 car incident deems a caution......vehicles under distress type caution in chat. All vehicles on track keep their speed to the line without passing. At line you drive at 100mph (or whatever is decided) the pack reforms and does one pace lap.

You can restart from there or .....

You can go pro and keep the pace lap going for more laps, as the pack is all together on the first pace lap, as you enter turn 4, drivers can go to the pitlane and open pits, but drivers who choose to stay out will follow pace one more additional lap. And race starts at next drive past the line with or without pitters.

This method has been done before. For additional input ask Homeslice (via LZanta)

I'm okay with cautions, as long as pitting isn't allowed during the caution. Otherwise, everyone will pit on every single caution because there's nothing to lose. And that will take strategy out of the equation. But once the tyres get bad and cautions breed cautions, then people will start complaining that they can't wait till the green flag because their tyres are too bad and they need to pit under caution. So I personally would prefer to run without cautions, but I'm up for testing them in tonight's race.

Chqr, nice work. And I like the website idea.

Knelly: You might remember when you saw me giving out some small parts of my road course setup to help someone (ride height and LSD if I remember right). The ride height figures are no longer correct, as I've finally gotten around to adapting it for different tracks.

Joe's original all-round road course setup, December 2010 - December 2011.

It lasted me a whole year without changing any of it. :drool:

Had to get the thousandth post eh Drop. We'll hold on as best we can but it will be 01:00 here when we start.

EDIT : Thousandth reply at least.

Sick

Just my frickin luck. Running hard with quality pushing by Crazy, out in front with a good lead, then suddenly everyone disappears and I am left running around Daytona on my own.

Been waiting for this since I woke this morning, 17 hours ago.

Absolutely gutted. Hope you had fun.

Merry Frickin Christmas.

Last edited:
Yea, feel the same way. Isn't there a minimum speed required in NASCAR? Meaning just because you went one lap down, you shouldn't be allowed to hit the brakes every few laps, totally screwing up the draft packs, just to go several more laps down so you can help your buddy? Maybe I'm wrong, but that type of racing left me hung out to dry. Disappointing, to say the least.

Yea I have to agree with you mudd that ?#*? was quite annoying and very much all over the place. He spun me once but whatever, exhibition race anyways with lots of lag n lag bumps!

Last edited:
I've lost alot of respect for a couple of the racers in here...I really don't know what else to say.

Official Christmas 250 Exhibition RESULTS

1. Droptop2001gt
2. dowhat13
3. RFLX_Niop
4. homeslice47
5. CrAzY_bAsSiSt_83
6. Chadwicksracing
7. funkyDucks
8. M-Stall41
9. ACDCROCKS123
10. webman4888
11. Mudd
12. Knelly

Race Comeback of the Season

Niop, Monza, Season 2, week 3

Most Improved Driver of the Season

For me, this has to be Crazy_Bassist_83. He showed flashes of promise in his limited late-season action in season 1. But in season 2, you can tell he's bringing a lot more speed to the track every single week. His final results haven't always reflected just how fast he is week-to-week. With a little more luck, I think he's definitely in line to win a race in the Chase, and fight for a top 5 points finish.

Rookie of the Season

It's almost not fair to classify M-Stall41 as a rookie, but he did only participate in one race in season one. That one race was a second place at Daytona, where he lost by maybe a bumper. As the only driver with two race victories this season, he's the runaway favorite to win this award, unless some of the other new drivers go on a real hot streak in the Chase.

Unluckiest Driver of the Season

Mudd. I don't think anyone needs any explanation here. We all know Mudd is talented enough to be in the top 5 just about anywhere we go, but he always seems to get caught up in someone else's misfortune. I think some of this is caused by Mudd being too tentative at times. Luck is a strange thing though, and it can obviously change at any time. Hopefully things start looking better for Mudd sooner, rather than later.

Driver Rivalry of the Season

I'm going to avoid the driver-vs-driver angle here and say the best rivalry on the track has been the Team Rivalry between Ford Racing and Joe Gibbs Racing. They are currently tied in the team owner standings. I think the last six races will be an absolute battle between these two teams, as they both try to take a run at each other, on the way to attempting to topple Hendrick Motorsports.

Let's not forget the #18 Knelly's challenge so I'm going to remind everyone:

18FanChallenge.png

So far predictions have been made by:

Chqr: 1. Homeslice, 2. Knelly, 3. NIOP, 4. MustangRyan, 5. ACDCROCKS123
Drop: 1.ACDCROCKS123, 2. RFLX_Niop, 3. Homeslice47, 4. M-Stall41, 5. JoeOfTheFire
Knelly: 1st MStall, 2nd Homeslice, 3rd Niop, 4th Knelly 5th Mudd

Somebody's bound to win this.

I never said that would be the final finishing order. I said I think that if all things break right for those five drivers, they are the five to beat. However, I wouldn't bet on Joe's connection. If I was betting on what I think will happen, this is how I would bet:

1. RFLX_Niop
2. M-Stall41
3. ACDCROCKS123
4. Homeslice47
5. Droptop2001gt

Yea I have to agree with you mudd that ?#*? was quite annoying and very much all over the place. He spun me once but whatever, exhibition race anyways with lots of lag n lag bumps!

I do agree that the lag was very turbulent tonight, much more so than usual. I'm sure you guys are referring to ACDC dropping back to pick up Niop during the race, but there's nothing wrong with it. Homeslice did it in the 500 this year after he had to pull over. He helped everyone on the track at some point or another, and just kept dropping back to help a different person. I think he even did it last season in the season finale too, helping Knelly catch back up to the lead pack, making the end of the race much more interesting.

I don't think this is something you should worry about going forward, as ACDC is definitely a championship contender. This was just a fun exhibition race, and I don't see him willingly dropping back and giving up valuable points when the races actually start counting for points again.

Last edited:
I know its cool to drop back to help your teammate out. I think that some of the moments he choose to slow down put other guys out of the lead draft. That's all, it was fun anyways. I was most interested in seeing how the cars handling n tire was with the update.

I know there's nothing in the rules to prevent it, and I'm not saying there should be. But there's a certain level of respect that MOST of us share as online racers, at least I thought there was. Earlier this season I spent about 25 laps pushing a driver back to the lead pack, only to have that same driver actually pull down below the yellow just to avoid giving me any draft what-so-ever. Of course it's "legal", but that's just plain poor sportsmanship, and you can bet I will cost myself a finishing position just to return that favor. Freakin' disgusted right now.

Chad turned up?? I've not even spoken to him since he stopped SCANA. (still on his friends list though. Same deal for Gtuuk and FND.) Is he thinking about joining for season 3?

I remind you that my only issue is the router. We should be able get a new one in time for Suzuka East. If not I'll have to hope I can get it to work OK for Suzuka East (Indy was unfortunate. It usually has that race ending issue much sooner, so I didn't know it'd happen. It's the same thing that happened to Knelly in the christmas 250) and that we then get the new one very soon after that.

About your nomination for Mudd as unluckiest driver: I also used to be that unlucky with wrecks/other people's incidents etc, but it seems to have turned around for me recently (other than me being in the wrong place in our last Daytona race when Crazy's tyres went). His bad luck will pass onto someone else soon enough.

Last edited:
Nice win drop, never even saw you the whole race.

Lost 20 seconds on lap 1 because I got wrecked by a lagging car. Rflx came back to get me and we made it back to the front, thanks Rflx. Thanks for the help too mstall, I owe you guys.

That was probably the laggyest room i have ever been in. Hopefully it was a one time thing.

Should everyone mute there mics before the next one? Maybe that will help.

I have had a lot of lag in lobbies lately... think PD servers are struggling...

Christmas break means more people online than normal, which probably explains the slow servers. By January 7th, I think we'll be ok again.

All the race quarrels and rivalries aside, Merry Christmas fellow racers! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back