Chase for NASCAR Sprint Cup S2 Champs: RFLX_Niop, Hendrick, Chevy

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,095 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been reading people's comments on the new tire wear and I'm liking what I'm hearing so far. Sounds like multiple pit stops per race, that will definitely add some more competitive challenge to our series. Of course, this will play right into the hands of our before mentioned 'tire conservationists'.

My guess is that hard racing tires will still be very similar. People that were used to getting very long stints out of soft tires will be the ones that are most affected.

Homeslice- Yeah, it is that view. Try it on a road course and hold onto your eyeballs. I do like it on the ovals though, as it finally tilts with the car on the banking.

As I said in my testing guys, racing hards seem to wear about 9% quicker than before.

Homeslice- Yeah, it is that view. Try it on a road course and hold onto your eyeballs. I do like it on the ovals though, as it finally tilts with the car on the banking.

As I said in my testing guys, racing hards seem to wear about 9% quicker than before.

Whats the percentage of loss incorporated into the update with Racing Soft Tires?

Looks like softs wear around 140% faster from the quick test I ran. This is awesome!

Whats the percentage of loss incorporated into the update with Racing Soft Tires?

Racing softs last half as long as racing hard used to. Niop has it right, they wear 40% faster than the new racing hards do, or 50% when compared to the old wear rate of racing hards.

With hards wearing 10% faster than they used to, and softs wearing 50% faster than the old hards, I presume mediums will wear 30% faster than the old hards.

I never got round to posting a list of tracks that I wouldn't mind seeing in future seasons (including current tracks), so I'll post that soon.

Got a room open now, number is:

1472 6399 8494 1420 7363

"NASCAR REAL"

I never got round to posting a list of tracks that I wouldn't mind seeing in future seasons (including current tracks), so I'll post that soon.

(Bold is for tracks I'd prefer over non-bolded ones)

World tracks:
  • Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
  • Indianapolis Motor Speedway
  • Daytona International Speedway
  • Indianapolis Road Course
  • Autodromo Nazionale Monza (no chicane)
  • Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
  • Circuit de la Sarthe 2009 (no chicanes)
  • Fuji Speedway GT (this is the layout without the horrible slow chicane)
  • Suzuka Circuit
  • Suzuka Circuit East Course
City tracks:
  • Rome Circuit
  • Circuito de Madrid Mini
Original tracks:
  • High Speed Ring
  • Cape Ring Inside
  • Grand Valley East

(Bold is for tracks I'd prefer over non-bolded ones)

World tracks:
  • Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
  • Indianapolis Motor Speedway
  • Daytona International Speedway
  • Autodromo Nazionale Monza (no chicane)
  • Circuit de la Sarthe 2009 (no chicanes)
  • Suzuka Circuit
City tracks:
  • Circuito de Madrid Mini
Original tracks:
  • High Speed Ring
  • Grand Valley East

I modified to what I like

I modified to what I like

I put Suzuka East higher in preference over the full track just because of the exhibition race(s) run there IRL, otherwise my list would also have the full track as a bold preference. As for Rome, to me it just seems like it'd suit these cars.

If we end up including tracks without pitlanes (such as course maker kart tracks, I'll add SSR7 to my list).

To summarise my list again: bold tracks are ones I'd definitely like to race on, while the non bold tracks are ones I wouldn't mind if they came up.

Last edited:
When considering the track line up we should keep in mind that the DLC tracks can no longer be used by anyone who has not actually downloaded it.

When considering the track line up we should keep in mind that the DLC tracks can no longer be used by anyone who has not actually downloaded it.

True. We can't race on Spa (or future DLC) if people don't have/won't buy the tracks.

Erm .... Huh? :dopey:

The game now won't allow you to race on DLC tracks if you haven't bought them. For us to race there we'd have to make sure that every driver (main and reserve) has bought and installed the DLC tracks.

If I proposed Friday 7:00 Est 100 laps of Daytona, just for mid season fun, would we get enough participants?

I'll have to pass on that Knelly, it's just too much of a pain to get my connection alright every time I join an online room.

I'm very interested in how people are doing at Suzuka East though, it looks like another case of protect the tyres a little by going slightly slower and do 1 stop, or abuse the tyres and go all out and do 2 stops. It will be easy for me to tell the strategy of someone in front of me, just by watching how they take one particular corner.

Oh and I've finally changed my road course setup for the first time ever since the game came out. It was incredibly hard to drive the car at Suzuka East with my old setup.

I will probably use a mid-point betwen the old and new setups on other road courses from now on, except for HSR where I'll use the old one (HSR is the track where the setup was made and tested in december just after the game came out). The upside to the new setup is the way my tyre wear is slower/better than the old setup due to the different/easier handling.

Suzuka East is my worst road course in the season. My laptimes aren't very consistant at all, and controlling the car was a nightmare before I changed my setup. So, it'll be interesting to see how everyone else is doing there.

Last edited:
They have daytona all messed up after the update. Sport hards last about 40 laps, racing hards maybe 25-30 if you take it easy, and racing softs only about 10. (this is with 892 hp) I jumped into a 100 lap daytona room and all the guys were on sport hards:yuck:.

Knelly
If I proposed Friday 7:00 Est 100 laps of Daytona, just for mid season fun, would we get enough participants?

Cool then, we'll get together for a 12:00 GMT race start on Friday. All usual regs, would be good practice for first Chase Race.

Drop, do you want to host or shall I?

Cool then, we'll get together for a 12:00 GMT race start on Friday. All usual regs, would be good practice for first Chase Race.

Drop, do you want to host or shall I?

0700 my time on Friday? I'll be at work. :yuck:

MustangRyan
0700 my time on Friday? I'll be at work. :yuck:

What time you finish? It's likely I'm the only Brit running. Joes a no and I doubt Furi will be up at that time!

So happy for an hour later!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back