Chase for NASCAR Sprint Cup S2 Champs: RFLX_Niop, Hendrick, Chevy

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,095 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Damm this thread came to life.

In regards to next season, dump the gamestop car for the toyota's(no one ever runs that car anyway) and add a third car to the ganassi or red bull team. Also i would like to see hendrick racing go down to 3 cars and add a third car to the remaining 2 car team. At least that way each team has 3 cars making things fair for all the teams.

Hey ryan have you been thinking about what tracks to run in season 3? Obviously there will be daytona and indy. I think short road courses would be cool because there should be alot more action with lap traffic and such. I like susuka east and tsukuba circuit. I wouldnt mind giviing autumn ring mini a try. <----everyone probably thinks i'm crazy:dopey:.

In regards to next season, dump the gamestop car for the toyota's(no one ever runs that car anyway) and add a third car to the ganassi or red bull team. Also i would like to see hendrick racing go down to 3 cars and add a third car to the remaining 2 car team. At least that way each team has 3 cars making things fair for all the teams.

Hey ryan have you been thinking about what tracks to run in season 3? Obviously there will be daytona and indy. I think short road courses would be cool because there should be alot more action with lap traffic and such. I like susuka east and tsukuba circuit. I wouldnt mind giviing autumn ring mini a try. <----everyone probably thinks i'm crazy:dopey:.

If you turn fuel use and tyre wear off my Monster Raceway from Trucks and Nationwide?

homeslice47
. I like susuka east and tsukuba circuit. I wouldnt mind giviing autumn ring mini a try. <----everyone probably thinks i'm crazy:dopey:.

...yes, we do...

In all seriousness though, as fun as those tracks may be, I really don't think 15 Nascars would fit very well.

homeslice47

I have the Gamestop Camry, and will almost certainly be driving it next season, if only for the good of the league and competitive balance. The more different-looking cars on track, the better.

As for next season, I am already considering the schedule. I'm thinking that shrinking the schedule from 15 to 12 events might have been a mistake now that we have more committed drivers every week. I think going back to the original 10+5 format would be best, with a longer regular season to decide the Ten chase contenders. I'm absolutely considering autumn ring mini and/or cape ring inside for short track style action. I think LeMans is too long, because it takes lapped traffic out of the equation.

I vote to keep lemans, suzuka east, high speed ring n monza. Totally would love autumn ring. I totally hate, I mean despise cape ring. Please don't add that one???? If u would like to incorporate the custom tracks from furi, I say go for it. Kinda cool no one would be at their hometrack with those custom tracks.

I vote to keep lemans, suzuka east, high speed ring n monza. Totally would love autumn ring. I totally hate, I mean despise cape ring. Please don't add that one???? If u would like to incorporate the custom tracks from furi, I say go for it. Kinda cool no one would be at their hometrack with those custom tracks.

Monster at 0.3 miles maybe a little too small though... JediJoe has a mini-Pocono as well.

Madrid Mini has the feel of a short tri-oval, nice little track and would surely produce close racing.

EDIT: Oh and Furi, just out of interest what made you decide to make Monster right turns instead of the usual left? :P

I think it's safe to assume that Monza, Suzuka East, and High Speed Ring will be on the schedule every season. They are the perfect kind of high-speed road course with sufficient room for side-by-side racing and clean passing. I'd like to keep experimenting with a few other road courses per season, until we find some that race as well as those three do with the NASCARs.

My only problem with created tracks is that the tokyo bay tracks lack a pit road, thus removing pit strategy from the race. I think every race should have some element of race hard vs conservation strategy involved. I purposely design race lengths to promote multiple winning strategies.

Just been watching back a few if the races over past couple of seasons and in particular one driver.

I love the way you do what you do to get to where you're going ..... You know who you are. :sly:

The best reaction I've seen is Homeslice at Monza and his decision, being different to everyone else's.

Verrrry interesting, learned something today without even playing!

I really wish we still had some classic tracks from past GT games. Sears Point/Infineon is an actual NASCAR track. I'm still not sure how they could add the NASCAR license but drop an actual NASCAR course from their catalog of tracks between GT4 and GT5.

Just like Suzuka East, NASCAR has actually held an exhibition race at the Twin Ring Motegi Super Speedway. It would have been great to have another track that has actually held a NASCAR event, and a short oval, all in one.

Fuji 80's/90's would have been a pretty decent replacement for Watkins Glen.

The Test Track, Apricot Hill, Red Rock Valley, or the old Driving Park beginner course could have also been fun to try out.

Autumn Ring Mini is one of my most hated tracks, so I'd much rather have Cape Ring Inside (would be nice to see another of the SCANA tracks return ;)).

Some bright person at PD decided to change the chase cam from being stiff to being dynamic. This poses a problem for me because that is the view I use. I now have to practice to adjust to this new dynamic chase cam. Why couldn't they have just added the new one in as well as keeping the old one. :( It'll take some time for my eyes to get used to having the camera lurch forward when I brake and fly back when I floor it, not to mention have it move around in the corners and over bumps etc.

I'll list tracks that I would not mind seeing in future seasons: (coming in an edit)

EDIT: Guys, we need to do some testing. Tyres may need to change for the series. From the 2.02 change log: "Tyre wear speed adjustment". I don't know if they finally fixed the tyres wear rates so that they're realistic again (hard last longer, but have less grip, while softs don't last as long, but have more grip), or if you can adjust a slider in an online room to change how fast tyres wear. (edit- there is no slider.)

EDIT: Rolling starts are fixed.

EDIT: This edit will have my tyre testing results. Testing is at Indy with our normal room settings. Racing soft tyres lasted 16 laps + an outlap before I understeered into the wall at turn 1. Right side tyres had worn out completely a lap beforehand, but the left side tyres were keeping it going, though they were wearing very quickly because of this. Managed a few more slow laps with bad understeer until all 4 tyres were worn out.

Racing hards lasted 29 laps + an outlap before they reached the same point. I managed to keep it on the road until lap 35, when all 4 tyres were completely worn out. Laptimes after lap 29 were about 8 seconds off the pace of new tyres. I had to drift through a good number of turns to keep it on the road, until all the tyres were worn out and I couldn't control it.

Racing hards have definitely changed though. They seem to have more wear than before. Using the figures below, I worked out that they wear out about 9% faster than before. This setup used to be able to get 32 laps on racing hards before the understeer began to kick in, and I could keep it going until about lap 38. Now the same setup gets 29 and 35 laps for the same things.

Last edited:
I'm racing in a room of unrestricted NASCAR drivers, and there soft tyres are gone after 10 laps ::crazy:

I GOT GREAT NEWS!!!
As of the v2.02 update, roof lights on the Gran Turismo Skyline GT-R (Pace Car) '01 now flash! This means that it stands out against crowd.

Furinkazen
I'm racing in a room of unrestricted NASCAR drivers, and there soft tyres are gone after 10 laps ::crazy:

Sounds like Kaz and PD have changed the rules on us all!

This may give us reason as we are all in the chase to test out different compounds at suzuka. Go for hards and run longer, or get fast but few laps in with extra pits.

Good chance to test it to see if should be implemented or not in season 3.

I'm so partial to the hood camera, and to the one compound rule, as it's the real rule.

Last edited:
Real NASCAR racing keep all cars on the same compound, I like sticking with that and it still leaves tire strategy in play. Real NASCAR does however switch compounds from track to track, that could be something to consider, all though it may be alot of work to test.

That's cool, was just putting it out there as there have been changes.

OMG, have you heard the noise improvements in and out of draft yet? Awesome.

Stuck at work and I havn't even updated yet. :( I think I may develop a cough soon...feel it coming on already...

Seriously bruvva, kinda feels like a new game at the moment. Christmas come early.

Have we finally got the final debugged non-beta version of the game that should have come out last year?

Lol, I doubt it...I think there's still one or two GTR's on the planet that are not featured in the game yet.

Stuck at work and I havn't even updated yet. :( I think I may develop a cough soon...feel it coming on already...

I'm feeling sick too Mudd but someone already called in so I'm stuck at work.
The new update will make tonight race very interesting.

Only running stars n stripes Seasonals in my stock viper acr, and could just be me but feels so much better.

This is almost the game that should have been out a year ago. Brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back