Chase for NASCAR Sprint Cup S2 Champs: RFLX_Niop, Hendrick, Chevy

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,095 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, 8:00 Est race starts in Friday. Can't really do any later as want to be awake by the end. :)

See you all there tomorrow.

Knelly
It's all about Niop 👍

And Drop, if he wanted to.

I hope I can get a new wheel soon. My DFGT gave up on me last night, while drifting the 86 around.

click

Special Performances Recognised In NASCAR’s Top Series

Welcome to the Inaugural, and 1st Annual SPRINTS. This is the beginning of the process that will honour those drivers who have accomplished greatness in Season 2, through a number of categories that we will all have the opportunity to vote for. Categories that will be in this Seasons SPRINTS are:

Race Comeback of the Season

This will be awarded by vote to the driver who achieved the best comeback in any single race throughout the Season. This does not necessarily require the driver winning the race but making up a large number of places throughout.

Race Battle of the Season

This will be awarded by vote to the drivers who were involved in the most entertaining fight for position, whether it be at the start, middle or end of a race. To be eligible for this SPRINT, the battle has to last a minimum of 3 laps on a Road Course, or 5 on an Oval.

Most Improved Driver of the Season

This award will only be eligible to those drivers who participated in Season 1, for more than 2 races. Anyone can vote, whether new or not, but must give good reasons as to why they feel the Improvement Award is justified. The Nominees to vote for will be advised closer to voting stage.

Rookie of the Season

This award is eligible for any driver who has participated in 5 or more races in Season 2, and did not compete in any more than 2 races in Season 1. Good reasons as to why you feel the Rookie Award is justified. The Nominees to vote for will be advised closer to voting stage.

Unluckiest Driver of the Season

This award goes out to driver who is deemed by vote to have had the most misfortune throughout the Season. Reasons require justification.

Driver Rivalry of the Season

This award is honoured for the two (or three) drivers who have had the biggest rivalry throughout the Season, again by vote.

These six prestigious SPRINTS will be awarded at the end of the Season during the Inaugural Ceremony. Voting for all categories will start 12 February 2012, the day after the final showdown at Indianapolis, and will last for one week before the Ceremony on 19 February 2012.

I have all the replays saved and have my own ideas for some of the nominations in some categories. However I will need all your help to improve the number of nominations we can get for each category. When the season is over and all nominations are in, I will then whittle each category down to three nominations in each, when voting will begin by PM.

In order to keep thread discussions going, please advise of any nominations you would like to see included. Your nominations could include yourself, or based on what you recall from certain races involving other drivers.

For example, during Monza, Niop found himself in (or close to) last place and then spent the majority of the race fighting through the pack to get himself to fighting for the lead. This no doubt will be a nomination for Race Comeback of the Season.

I will also use historic discussions on the thread, as well as future discussions, coupled with any that you can remind me of for me to check via replays.

On behalf of Drop and myself, we would love this to become a Seasonal Award Ceremony, and look forward to your reminders of those nominations deserving of a SPRINT.

Please remember at this stage that you are only supplying Nominations, and not actual Votes. By nominating for drivers or situations, you are not committing yourself to voting for the same.

Oh, and thanks to Chqr for the Image.

Knelly

Last edited:
I think I should be nominated for unluckiest driver of the season due to my connection issues. (last season too).

DrifterJoe
I think I should be nominated for unluckiest driver of the season due to my connection issues. (last season too).

Very true. I was just about to nominate you Joe.

Aside from the very unlucky and unfortunate connection issue boys, I may have had the most unluckiest race (if there were such an award) in the 500 where I had five consecutive drivethroughs and a disconnection when I was bumping Knelly to the lead pack...

Most Improved Driver of the Season - I would nominate myself if possible...

Unluckiest Driver of the Season - See above. Or DrifterJoe

Driver Rivalry of the Season - I appear to have a rivalry with anything Hendrick - whether it be drop, or ACDC or RFLX ...

and a disconnection when I was bumping Knelly to the lead pack...

We seeing a pattern here? At Indy last week I was getting pushed to the lead pack by Jakob only for him to .... guess what .... get disconnected!

I reckon Hendrick have a Spotter who sees that I am gaining and puts a stop to it.

This is not including running for a strong finish in the 500 while telling Crazy not to push me due to tyres, only for him to spin me (no hard feelings man, just saying).

Race Comeback of the Season - RFLX_Niop
To come back from last position on a track as tricky as Monza and drive away from the competition led me to this conclusion.

Race Battle of the Season - Mustardaddict and Mudd at the Preseason Race
They were battling very hard indeed for the lead when they both crashed hard. They fought as if there was no tomorrow on Daytona.

Most Improved Driver of the Season - Homeslice47
From running a limited schedule in Season 1, he has become very well respected amongst the series' members and considered the most gifted in the series. He is also well known nowadays as the tire conservationist. If there was the Best Driver of the Season, it would be homeslice in my eyes too.

Rookie of the Season -Dowhat13
Stepped in for me and mustard at short notice and has performed strongly, a string of top tens and has beaten his veteran team mate, Crazy, in 2 of the last 3 races.

Unluckiest Driver of the Season - JoeOfTheFire and Knelly
Many disconnection issues over many races. Let's pray his chase goes smoothly.

Knelly for losing his wingman on numerous occassions whether it be his teammate (if there were any near him in the race) or another driver from another team. He was just plain unlucky to not be at the top of the table this season so far.

Driver Rivalry of the Season - no idea....

Last edited:
Haven't been able to run much with you guys this season, but from what i've seen and heard Mudd has been pretty damn unlucky getting caught in wrecks he didn't cause.

I am willing to put a car up to £1m, up for any Driver who gets the top five right, in the correct order but your final list has to be in before the Chase starts.

Let's not forget the #18 Knelly's challenge so I'm going to remind everyone:

18FanChallenge.png

So far predictions have been made by:

Chqr: 1. Homeslice, 2. Knelly, 3. NIOP, 4. MustangRyan, 5. ACDCROCKS123
Drop: 1.ACDCROCKS123, 2. RFLX_Niop, 3. Homeslice47, 4. M-Stall41, 5. JoeOfTheFire
Knelly: 1st MStall, 2nd Homeslice, 3rd Niop, 4th Knelly 5th Mudd

Somebody's bound to win this.

I can't bring myself to make any predictions right now, i think anybody can win it.

Practice at Suzuka and High Speed Ring around 730 est. (Room name=NASCAR 503HP)

My Prediction:

1. Drop
2. Niop
3. MStall
4. Homeslice
5. Knelly

(This is assuming Joe's connection continues to fail him)

Last edited:
1. Joe
2. Niop
3. Homeslice
4. MStall
5. Knelly

Just gotta hope we get a new router in time for Suzuka East, or I'm out of it.

I love that no one picks red bull to be in top five. Just wait, things are about to cool down here in the garage. And red bull will be in the leaders rear view damnnnn soon!

kenkwilinski
I love that no one picks red bull to be in top five. Just wait, things are about to cool down here in the garage. And red bull will be in the leaders rear view damnnnn soon!

Just wait and see. Red bull will be running hard in the chase. I've been taking it easy trying to figure out the field.

Just wait and see. Red bull will be running hard in the chase. I've been taking it easy trying to figure out the field.

That's what I'm saying. I have been running real aggressive setups n strategies. I haven't even taken a lax approach. I have just been tryin to push the limits. Wait untli I get into race mode. And whoever mentioned dowhat beating me two of the last three races. Reason being I tried to no stop both thise races, that's what an owner does. An owner experiments on indy n daytona for their team, as that's anyones game. Look at the road course results if u don't believe me.

That's what I'm saying. I have been running real aggressive setups n strategies. I haven't even taken a lax approach. I have just been tryin to push the limits. Wait untli I get into race mode. And whoever mentioned dowhat beating me two of the last three races. Reason being I tried to no stop both thise races, that's what an owner does. An owner experiments on indy n daytona for their team, as that's anyones game. Look at the road course results if u don't believe me.

I have a different way of testing. I plan ahead a lot. For road courses I find out the fastest pit strategy and how much quicker it is than the other strategy (such as 1 stop vs 2 stops). Like at Sarthe, I worked out that 0 stops was faster than 1 stop by 6 seconds, which won me the race (won by 3.5 seconds). Of course 10 laps at Sarthe would now definitely be a 1 stop race due to the changed tyre wear, so that only worked for me once at that track. For ovals I work out tyre wear running solo and then work stuff out from there for the race. Another important thing for all tracks is to know how to drive the car in order to get certain results, such as saving fuel, using up as much fuel as possible, and preserving tyres. Being able to do these will add to your possible strategies.

I've already shared strategies for the remaining races with Homeslice and gotten his opinion on parts of them. I think they are all possible, though he doesn't agree on a couple. One is also hit and miss as I've not tested it enough yet.

Your "experiments" may mean nothing now, due to the different tyre wear, so get practicing. :sly:

On another note, HSR in the chase will be an interesting race for me. It will be tougher for me to do the same as last season there.

Last edited:
I've been working behind the scenes this season developing something for Season 3. I've spoken with Drop and him and I would like to ask you guys whether or not we need something like this:

http://gtpnascar.webs.com

Simply, a website for the Series - housing all of the Series' Information, News Articles, Driver Credentials, Schedule Times, Events, Standings and much more. It would be a supplement to the thread.

Why I planned to build this? Well, web-design has been a great passion of mine and I always wondered why don't Race Series do these. I also felt a lot of Nascar drivers don't have GTPlanet Memberships so putting a website on your welcome and leaving message in a room or posting the link might attract a new breed of drivers. The thread is bursting with information too so maybe something like this could help. In addition, this could help to elevate the status of the Series to be come one of the best in the Online Racing Series forum.

Finally, comments would be great guys. This website is designed to open for Season 3 - many links might not work yet, pictures aren't official, driver stats might need correcting and finetuning is needed too. So yeah, feel free to have a browse and by the way the news articles are fake so don't worry lol.

If we don't need this, don't worry, this only took a few hours, nothing more. I'm only proposing a different way of displaying information floating around in the depths of the thread.

I've been working behind the scenes this season developing something for Season 3. I've spoken with Drop and him and I would like to ask you guys whether or not we need something like this:

Simply, a website for the Series - housing all of the Series' Information, News Articles, Driver Credentials, Schedule Times, Events, Standings and much more. It would be a supplement to the thread.

Why I planned to build this? Well, web-design has been a great passion of mine and I always wondered why don't Race Series do these. I also felt a lot of Nascar drivers don't have GTPlanet Memberships so putting a website on your welcome and leaving message in a room or posting the link might attract a new breed of drivers. The thread is bursting with information too so maybe something like this could help. In addition, this could help to elevate the status of the Series to be come one of the best in the Online Racing Series forum.

Finally, comments would be great guys. This website is designed to open for Season 3 - many links might not work yet, pictures aren't official, driver stats might need correcting and finetuning is needed too. So yeah, feel free to have a browse and by the way the news articles are fake so don't worry lol.

If we don't need this, don't worry, this only took a few hours, nothing more. I'm only proposing a different way of displaying information floating around in the depths of the thread.

Is that created on Dreamweaver? I do web design as part of my IT course. Looks brilliant Chqr!

Just over one hour to the Christmas 250.

The winner will receive a premium car of their choice, up to £1m <little finger to side of mouth>.

I will host unless Drop confirms he can make it. This will be in open lobby to maybe get some stragglers involved if need be.

Thats why i won't pick anyone, don't want to tick anyone off.

You now have your motivation for the chase, go get em!

I like it. I think this is what we need. I am currently in another league that used to talk on GTP but we moved everything over to our own site and there's much more you can with our own personalized site. Other than that I think the layout and format will work good. Keep filling in the blanks. Thank You Chqr!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back