400PP Nordschleife Shootout

• Thread starter CSLACR
  • 1,639 comments
Your in trouble now! I may have a merc that will have you begging for mercy then.:D:crazy:

Hahahaha:crazy: cool, can bring your cars everybody, if Madame is OK, me too i will test all of them. Great idea. Why not doing another round with everybody, sure it will be a very positive result for the community..:):)
><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

You decide , i´m ready to do this.Ok:tup:

I thought it was made 2 rounds to not kill the test drivers. I remember seeing formulas like-

30 cars x 8 minutes x 3 laps = 4.95 months.

If its taken seriously i dont mind, i will take care of it :dopey:
I would have thought about using it in the first round but would have had to run it dirty to keep it at or below 400PP. 420PP and free use of ballast should make it a very interesting drive.:D Besides isn't running the Nordschleife what all Mercedes were meant for?:crazy::lol:

@Milldrum I originally suggested dividing the entries into 2 groups to help with the time load involved. However mike, praiano and a few others have a deep love for this track and live to challenge it with any car they can get their hands on.👍👍

So no MR2s in the second round? Or will people be able to pick a slightly different MR2 than the ones in the 400PP?

Or will it be just a full field of S2000's? Do any of the NSX's get to 420PP with stale oil and a load of junk in the trunk?

Hahahaha:crazy: cool, can bring your cars everybody, if Madame is OK, me too i will test all of them. Great idea. Why not doing another round with everybody, sure it will be a very positive result for the community..:):)
><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

You decide , i´m ready to do this.Ok:tup:
I don't know if we have more then 2 test drivers for all 30 cars a second time though, I know I can't. :(

So no MR2s in the second round? Or will people be able to pick a slightly different MR2 than the ones in the 400PP?

Or will it be just a full field of S2000's? Do any of the NSX's get to 420PP with stale oil and a load of junk in the trunk?
All this and more will be seen in the second round. ;) (except for MR2's, they all got used up in round 1 I believe)
I have an RX-7 Type R at the moment. :mischievous:

I don't know if we have more then 2 test drivers for all 30 cars a second time though, I know I can't. :(

All this and more will be seen in the second round. ;) (except for MR2's, they all got used up in round 1 I believe)
I have an RX-7 Type R at the moment. :mischievous:

Ok, 10 cars, but MR2 is not a problem if race again , at this PP theyare no more dominating. I would say that we need them to not allow another car dominate..:):):):sly:

All the cars were great, not one of them had any major problems. I want to appolgize for my slow times I have not been on gt5 in over 3 weeks due to school and playing a different game. I am just testing group 1 because I am short on time and will be dropping out of part 2 of this shootout. Times are in order of fastest to slowest.

Rotary Junkie = 8:38:846
Praiano63 = 8:39:113
Tris_73 = 8:40:828
jackthalad = 8:42:661
Bypo = 8:44:986
Raver = 8:47:239
cykosis1973 = 8:47:692
onboy = 8:48:006
Vtiroj = 8:50:161
Mrgrado = 8:50:432
Digitalbaka= 8:50:595
Solidsnake7735 = 8:51:242
Oppositelock = 8:52:508
Xdesperado67 = 8:53:580
C-zeta = 8:53:654

Ok, 10 cars, but MR2 is not a problem if race again , at this PP theyare no more dominating. I would say that we need them to not allow another car dominate..:):):):sly:
Well the MR2 hasn't really dominated at 400PP either, I've only tested 2 MR2's so far, but right now, an RX-8 has a pretty massive lead, off 1 single lap with 0 restarts. :drool:

I wanted totally different cars more for variety than anything, are there only 1-3 particular cars you're finding that have a shot? (don't need specific names, just amount ;) )
I expect this RX-7 I found should do pretty well, the S2000, any NSX's that can fit, Maybe the Clio or an Elise, etc, not sure what all fits into 420PP with no PL and unlimited ballast though.

All the cars were great, not one of them had any major problems. I want to appolgize for my slow times I have not been on gt5 in over 3 weeks due to school and playing a different game. I am just testing group 1 because I am short on time and will be dropping out of part 2 of this shootout. Times are in order of fastest to slowest.

No need to apologize, well done. 👍

ryangt

Ack! Couldn't edge the hybrid?! I'm gonna go cry in the corner now. :(

Just kidding. :D Thanks for all your effort on limited time. I can appreciate it as I am in a similar situation. Well done to give it your best shot. 👍

*throws a ball at the Insight and runs away* :lol:

Well the MR2 hasn't really dominated at 400PP either, I've only tested 2 MR2's so far, but right now, an RX-8 has a pretty massive lead, off 1 single lap with 0 restarts. :drool:

I wanted totally different cars more for variety than anything, are there only 1-3 particular cars you're finding that have a shot? (don't need specific names, just amount ;) )
I expect this RX-7 I found should do pretty well, the S2000, any NSX's that can fit, Maybe the Clio or an Elise, etc, not sure what all fits into 420PP with no PL and unlimited ballast though.

No need to apologize, well done. 👍

Yes ,if you don´t include the top 400PP from the first round only 3 cars are above the others at 420pp . All the rest is far behind, from what i have already tested (i think aroud 95% of the fast cars).

From first round:
Toyota MR2 G-Limited `97
Acura Integra type R 2001*
Mazda RX8 Type E `03
Toyota MR2 Spyder (6MT) `02
can sticks to the top cars at 420PP

This is my opinion, but like every shootout, perhaps there is still a gem to be discover.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Very good drive ryangt, congrats, great job.

Ack! Couldn't edge the hybrid?! I'm gonna go cry in the corner now. :(

Just kidding. :D Thanks for all your effort on limited time. I can appreciate it as I am in a similar situation. Well done to give it your best shot. 👍

*throws a ball at the Insight and runs away* :lol:

mlfw236_Skeletor2.jpg

Mwahahaha! :mischievous:

Thanks for testing, Ryan! 👍

Yes ,if you don´t include the top 400PP from the first round only 3 cars are above the others at 420pp . All the rest is far behind, from what i have already tested (i think aroud 95% of the fast cars).

From first round:
Toyota MR2 G-Limited `97
Acura Integra type R 2001*
Mazda RX8 Type E `03
Toyota MR2 Spyder (6MT) `02
can sticks to the top cars at 420PP

This is my opinion, but like every shootout, perhaps there is still a gem to be discover.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Very good drive ryangt, congrats, great job.
You're the master, is there a better PP range we could use, or better to just allow round 1 cars?

You're the master, is there a better PP range we could use, or better to just allow round 1 cars?

I think without power limiter till 450PP the top 420pp still rules, this is their best range.
I really don´t know ,perhaps i`m wrong, but i don`t have any chrystal ball :), i have tested a lot of cars, really !!

Staying the way it is ??? at 420PP ?? with the best round 1 cars include ?? More the 4WD ?? It will be good for the surprise factor.

But still without tuners cars ........

Really don`t know. I have my car, for 420,425,450PP. It`s matte black and it´s fast.:scared::):) !!!

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Round 1 cars allowed, 420PP, 5% PL and unlimited ballast sound good?

Cslacr, is this the final regulation? :)

4x4 not allowed? ;) it should open a few surprises i think...

I like the ballast free use and a bit of power limiter. its perfect like that ;)

When we will know who passes to the second round?

Cslacr, is this the final regulation? :)

4x4 not allowed? ;) it should open a few surprises i think...

I like the ballast free use and a bit of power limiter. its perfect like that ;)

When we will know who passes to the second round?
Everything you need to know.

Of course, it can't start until the testers have all submitted, or the testing deadline has arrived.

I have more times for group 2 which will be posted later tonight after the kids are asleep. I'm down to the last few and should finish by Tuesday/Wednesday I should think. Probably won't get to group 1 but some have asked for feedback "offline" and I will get to those soon.

I do have a question though regarding oopssorryy's Celica. I seem to remember there was some back and forth about the settings for the transmission. Was that ever figured out? I drove it yesterday and it was....well, not what I expected. I didn't have the time to go over the settings to check. Is the shared version correct? :ill:

DigitalBaka
I have more times for group 2 which will be posted later tonight after the kids are asleep. I'm down to the last few and should finish by Tuesday/Wednesday I should think. Probably won't get to group 1 but some have asked for feedback "offline" and I will get to those soon.

I do have a question though regarding oopssorryy's Celica. I seem to remember there was some back and forth about the settings for the transmission. Was that ever figured out? I drove it yesterday and it was....well, not what I expected. I didn't have the time to go over the settings to check. Is the shared version correct? :ill:

Yep, the shared one is correct.

Thanks for all of the tune updates. Still missing a few. Does anyone have access to their cars on share and have the time to provide these remaining updates?

Rallywagon - controller used and GT Auto Services performed?
I use a wheel and no services performed.

Well good, if you're doing group 2 we have even numbers and I can do them all.:dopey:

Back