400PP Nordschleife Shootout

• Thread starter CSLACR
  • 1,639 comments
Ok Goldian, thanks for the results, i put your times on my excel file to classify by laptime.

goldianstimes.jpg

Gawddammit, that upset my average times and I'm now out of the top ten! :ouch: :lol: Meh, I didn't think I was going to place in the top ten anyway, so I didn't prepare for that, so I didn't lose that much.

Gawddammit, that upset my average times and I'm now out of the top ten! :ouch: :lol: Meh, I didn't think I was going to place in the top ten anyway, so I didn't prepare for that, so I didn't lose that much.

sorry man :( I think i screwd up everyone with my times anyway :P

Here is the result of the total seconds from who test all the cars. I don`t see how to do to include who have test only 1 group and have fair results.
If somebody know tell me how please.

totalseconds.jpg

I don`t see how to do to include who have test only 1 group and have fair results.

Me neither.. i cant see how is that possible.. We would have to get the testers sorted to each group before they started testing..
If they each choose a group and we end up with 2 testers testing Group A and 3 testers doing the group B, that will be unfair and not possible to do an average time and positioning.. 👎

praiano, you did 8:31 with the 120d or its a typo?
Thx for the graph! make it easier to see :)

Cant wait for round 2! i hope ill have time, i hardly have time to run the WRS this week. :(

I have to hand it to my buddy XDesperado67 his entry may not be fastest but its inspirational his love.for old.cars.
Actually my car is the fastest by a fairly substantial margin. It's just not the quickest around the ring as it doesn't corner as well and dislikes curbs.:crazy::lol:

Take it to say High Speed Ring or Monza and you might see drastically different results as the top speed becomes more important and ability to corner and deal with bumps becomes less important.:D

praiano, you did 8:31 with the 120d or its a typo?
Thx for the graph! make it easier to see :)

Cant wait for round 2! i hope ill have time, i hardly have time to run the WRS this week. :(

No typo. I just change the gears for a custom without tune, he put a Transmission: 6 Speed Close-Ratio Transmission.
Sorry but i don`t want to test a car like this, not fair. does not change a lot the results.

:):)

Here is the result of the total seconds from who test all the cars. I don`t see how to do to include who have test only 1 group and have fair results.
Well, if you want to compare all tuner entries, you simply don't count the division-only runs. (That's the only way I know of, other than going by ranking-points for position and disregarding exact time)

For round 2, it's the top 5 from each division.

Me neither.. i cant see how is that possible.. We would have to get the testers sorted to each group before they started testing..
If they each choose a group and we end up with 2 testers testing Group A and 3 testers doing the group B, that will be unfair and not possible to do an average time and positioning.. 👎

I'm sorry, I agree with the above statement, imo, however "the result is the average of the laptimes" not the total seconds it has taken, as priano has nicely tabled for all to see.

it should be more like (this is just an example):)

Priano test time 8:35.456
Goldian test time 8:56.354
Mike test time 8:36.548
Total time = 26:08.4
total time / number times posted (3) = Average lap time
therefore the result for this example would be = 8:42.8

of course this only works if testers have tested each car, for the testers only using the cars in a particular category (for top 5 from each) this still works, however we can only give an accurate result for the top 5 from that category and not overall as those testers results would skew the overall standings.

Just my thoughts.....

No typo. I just change the gears for a custom without tune, he put a Transmission: 6 Speed Close-Ratio Transmission.
Sorry but i don`t want to test a car like this, not fair. does not change a lot the results.

:):)

I can see why you did it :) it would been good competition if he would have posted this gearing.

Actually my car is the fastest by a fairly substantial margin. It's just not the quickest around the ring as it doesn't corner as well and dislikes curbs.:crazy::lol:

Take it to say High Speed Ring or Monza and you might see drastically different results as the top speed becomes more important and ability to corner and deal with bumps becomes less important.:D

15mph faster than my car, but 3-4secs slower across the life of a lap. Shame, because I really like the Toyota, vintage automotive pr0n at its best...

{Cy}

Where's all the testers gone?! Did they really get scared? I thought with Leo and the loony fins gone they'd be happier to drive…

Sorry for the double post, but in terms of results, I'd suggest that regardless of how many people test each group, the results should be displayed per group. With the top 5 advancing from each group. There's no need to worry about how many people have tested each group then.

The other issue you'll run into, if you list the rankings as one entire group is that I'm currently sat in 7th place, but that doesn't mean I'll qualify for the next round. There are 6 cars above me and all of them could be in my group, meaning that whilst I'm currently 7th quickest overall, I could actually only be 6th or 7th fastest in my group.

I think we should take our concerns over how events run up to the FITT thread and thrash it out there, possibly adding some text to xDee's initial posts, regarding events that take place over various stages. This is the second multi stage event we've run now.

Lastly, can I just take this opportunity to lend my support to CSLACR for this event. I appreciate that it has evolved since initial inception, but for me it has been the best shootout so far in terms of pure enjoyment... 👍

{Cy}

Sorry for the double post, but in terms of results, I'd suggest that regardless of how many people test each group, the results should be displayed per group. With the top 5 advancing from each group. There's no need to worry about how many people have tested each group then.

The other issue you'll run into, if you list the rankings as one entire group is that I'm currently sat in 7th place, but that doesn't mean I'll qualify for the next round. There are 6 cars above me and all of them could be in my group, meaning that whilst I'm currently 7th quickest overall, I could actually only be 6th or 7th fastest in my group.

I think we should take our concerns over how events run up to the FITT thread and thrash it out there, possibly adding some text to xDee's initial posts, regarding events that take place over various stages. This is the second multi stage event we've run now.

Lastly, can I just take this opportunity to lend my support to CSLACR for this event. I appreciate that it has evolved since initial inception, but for me it has been the best shootout so far in terms of pure enjoyment... 👍

{Cy}

Well that's good to hear.:)

I'm not sure why it got brought up now, because it was brought up 2 weeks ago about tuner scoring, or placement.
The tuner list grew larger than I ever anticipated, and a couple testers were asking to drive half the field, or have it divided into brackets, and so it became the top 5 from each division.
This way we will definitely get the top 5 submissions, guaranteed, into the final round, and still allow testers to test half the field.

To me it's 6 and a half dozen, we get more test results this way, but a less direct advancement to the final round.
That said, I'm finally done testing, and should be posting results tomorrow or Friday night. (probably Friday, this early morning stuff takes me out)

Where's all the testers gone?! Did they really get scared? I thought with Leo and the loony fins gone they'd be happier to drive…

I was just wondering where they'd gone. Has anyone been out on the track to see if they're buried in a hedge somewhere..??

Well that's good to hear.:)

Not wanting to take anything away from other events that I've taken part in, because I've enjoyed them all, but this is as much fun as I've had whilst clothed (and sat on the sofa)...

{Cy}

Not wanting to take anything away from other events that I've taken part in, because I've enjoyed them all, but this is as much fun as I've had whilst clothed (and sat on the sofa)...

{Cy}

you wear clothes?????

I play in my Y fronts.......

why we always have sports or comfort tyres for these duels.

god sits and shakes his head at such twisted ice cream lovers, waiting for the next toilet break as we have **rumbles** in our anus.

why we always have sports or comfort tyres for these duels.

god sits and shakes his head at such twisted ice cream lovers, waiting for the next toilet break as we have **rumbles** in our anus.

Because slicks are BORING!!!!1!1!!111111 :lol:

Back