◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,531 comments
All in all, a great success last night.

Agreed. Touge was a totally new experience for sure.. Too bad we didn't figure out til the end that power-limiting the engine wasn't blocked by the tuning-prohibited setting. That changes everything.. :mischievous:

Cat & Mouse was a blast as always! Then again, when isn't it? Well, except if you're a mouse and you're paired up with me as your cat. My apologies to spooble for our uncompetitiveness on the 'ring when I was the cat.. I just don't know the 'ring well enough to go all out and keep the car on the track, especially while pushing a mouse! :crazy:

Alright, I'll join officially. ;)
PSN: Apmaddock

Thanks!

How do you say your name again? :sly: Sorry for all the guys butchering the pronunciation last night.. It actually seems pretty straight forward to me..

Anyways, please proceed to Steps 2 through 5 of the instructions at the bottom of the original post. That way you can race with us during our official league night instead of limiting yourself to our "unofficial" events as you put it. ;)

I'll join.
PSN: m1ss-d3v10us

Thank you! = )

H-town in the house!! Welcome to our league. Please proceed to Steps 2 through 5 of the instructions at the bottom of the original post. I realize you haven't raced with us yet, so let us know if you have any questions. Some of us will always be around to answer your questions asap. 👍

Last edited:
How do you say your name again? :sly: Sorry for all the guys butchering the pronunciation last night.. It actually seems pretty straight forward to me..

Anyways, please proceed to Steps 2 through 5 of the instructions

Try App-mad-duck or Apmattuck and you'll be close enough.

The name doesn't really mean anything to me, necessarily. I came across it while randomly generating names for Final Fantasy XI about a decade ago. It reminded me of Appomattox, Virginia, the site of a major Civil War battle. I liked the sound of that and it seemed to match the look of my avatar so I went for it. The name's stuck, since, because it's basically always available when I'm signing up for something.

...don't any of you get any ideas, now...

I will complete my registration, etc. shortly. . .

Happy to be here!

Cat & Mouse might be the most fun and intense game early played.

Agreed! When we're playing Cat and Mouse my heart starts racing and I get all nervous. Nothing in Gran Turismo has had me so emotionally geared up, before.

Last edited:
Agreed! When we're playing Cat and Mouse my heart starts racing and I get all nervous. Nothing in Gran Turismo has had me so emotionally geared up, before.

I'm guessing part of it has to do with having a team mate.

From the sounds of things, I'm wishing my Monday nights were free :grumpy:

H-town in the house!! Welcome to our league. Please proceed to Steps 2 through 5 of the instructions at the bottom of the original post. I realize you haven't raced with us yet, so let us know if you have any questions. Some of us will always be around to answer your questions asap. 👍

Thank you for the Welcome. :)

I've already started on the the steps. In fact I bought the cars and then before I posted here, just to get a feel for the NSX car. lol I'm currently on step 4 - break-in the cars with the B-spec drivers, The NSX is ready, the RX7 is being driven now, the Amuse is next.

I do have a question, which may seem a little silly, but may I paint the car, and change the wheels? It's not a tuning thing, it's an appearance thing. I suspect this is okay, but I wanted to be sure before taking these personal steps.

Finally, I'd like to say that I'm glad this league was brought to my attention. I'm really looking forward to being part of this series.

Whaaa another HTowner?!? We are taking over!

I use to live Jersey Village Just west of Beltway 8 on West Rd. LOL But now I just live in Baytown. :indiff: In all honesty, I'm not a native to H-Town or Texas, for that fact - I'm from California. However, I'm still close enough to H-Town to be grouped in with ya'll. (that's the only time you'll see or hear me use that 'word'. LOL

I do have a question, which may seem a little silly, but may I paint the car, and change the wheels? It's not a tuning thing, it's an appearance thing. I suspect this is okay, but I wanted to be sure before taking these personal steps.

Paint and wheels is cool. I've started using similar colours for my vehicles, just so people know at a glance it's me they're passing :lol:

Finally, I'd like to say that I'm glad this league was brought to my attention. I'm really looking forward to being part of this series.

This is a great group, with some really competitive racing. You're going to have a blast!!!

Yes, paint, rims, and oil changes don't count as tuning and won't block you from entering our "Tuning-Prohibited" races. In fact, I highly recommend that you do this. cmbeal317 thought of that idea way back before our very first official race. My response to his idea back then and still today is this:

I love this idea! Having consistent color combination on your body and wheels will give your cars a familiar look and make you instantly recognizable to the regulars in the league.

In fact, I've been painting all of my cars white with red rims for a while, and I know dvdoughboy has been painting all of his cars gold chrome (it helps to put shades on when he's in front of you :cool:). I'll be interested to see what color scheme you come up with. 👍

Who brought this league to your attention? If he's a league member, I'd love to give him a million dollar car as a sort of a "referral bonus" and a "thank you" :cheers:

Paint and wheels is cool. I've started using similar colours for my vehicles, just so people know at a glance it's me they're passing :lol:

Ninja'd again! You're obviously just as fast on your keyboard as you are on the track. :lol: Btw, what colors are you using? I'll probably be in Division2 for a while so I won't get to see for myself.

Ninja'd again! You're obviously just as fast on your keyboard as you are on the track. :lol: Btw, what colors are you using? I'll probably be in Division2 for a while so I won't get to see for myself.

I think we're tied on the Ninja score, 3 - 3.

Shades of purple, seemed appropriate for all the bruises I've given the NSX.

I really wanted to say a Darker Shade of Pale ...

Who brought this league to your attention? If he's a league member, I'd love to give him a million dollar car as a sort of a "referral bonus" and a "thank you" :cheers:

The person who brought this series to my attention is GTP: irmopars or on PSN: Mighty_mopar, but I don't think he's part of the series, yet.

I hadn't planned on painting my cars to all match, but maybe I should. I have many paints, but I don't know if I have enough to paint every (P) car in the game the same color, but I'll work on it,.

Thanks. 👍

The person who brought this series to my attention is GTP: irmopars or on PSN: Mighty_mopar, but I don't think he's part of the series, yet.

I hadn't planned on painting my cars to all match, but maybe I should. I have many paints, but I don't know if I have enough to paint every (P) car in the game the same color, but I'll work on it,.

Thanks. 👍

I don't paint all my cars the same. Just the ones we use for Sundays festivities.

You'll be duping colors till the cows come home if you do that :lol:

I'll jump on board with the colors. From now on, all my cars for Sunday will be painted Reflex Spice with black wheels.

Sharkie, I believe I've ran into you a more then a few time drifting, as well as in shuffle races. Good racer here, no doubt you will be up in Div 1 after next sunday. Glad to have ya on the league.

I'm guessing part of it has to do with having a team mate.
He did have a kick 🤬 teammate... :sly:

ie ME

have no fear cheeb, I'm planning to run Cat/Mouse friday now as well. Its like speed meeting the other drivers. Much better than standard track day fare.

My first two cars will be the same shade of blue or green or somewhere in between while my third car wears yellow paint for the maillot jaune.

Last edited:
Sharkie, I believe I've ran into you a more then a few time drifting, as well as in shuffle races. Good racer here, no doubt you will be up in Div 1 after next sunday. Glad to have ya on the league.

Hey Rally. Yes I drift & race. Thank you for the kind comment. I'm sorry to say that I don't remember you, but then again, I have ran into a lots of people in GT5, I cannot be expected to remember them all. I do try to run clean, as if this game were real life.

I'll jump on board with the colors. From now on, all my cars for Sunday will be painted Reflex Spice with black wheels.

Okay, I'll find another color. Yeah, that's it, and it will be a better color, Too!!

*thinks* ....I need to start looking at colors....

Okay, I'll find another color. Yeah, that's it, and it will be a better color, Too!!

*thinks* ....I need to start looking at colors....

Let me know if you need anything specific. If I have extras I'll send them.

Same goes for any other S.N.A.I.L. too!

Thanks to everyone who made it out last night. The touge went real well I thought. C&M is always fun. However, I think once we get over 3 teams, maybe we should do a set of wild cars, so that another dream team like DiaAb doesnt have such a great chance and consecutive run away wins.

BTW, Did anyone manage to save any replays from last night? I forgot all about doing that.

Were you driving the Tank Car as the Cat :)

I make a good cat. Not that I'm invincible, but I'm confident I'll shake whomever comes up. However, I'm much better as the mouse. when i was pushing we were so far ahead that multiple waves of cats came after us. As the mouse, we were not able to get as big a lead which put a smaller target on our back. hence we won both those.

did that make sense? pretty useless info but i just love talking about it. Such a great game.

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone who made it out last night. The touge went real well I thought. C&M is always fun. However, I think once we get over 3 teams, maybe we should do a set of wild cars, so that another dream team like DiaAb doesnt have such a great chance and consecutive run away wins.

Or just pair up everybody based on their finish in the from the previous Sunday's races. That way, the approximate skill level it spread out evenly throughout. 👍

BTW, Did anyone manage to save any replays from last night? I forgot all about doing that.

Not from last night, but I do have a replay from Friday night. I am planning to embed a clip of it in the Cat & Mouse rules because I think it provides a great visual explanation of what Cat & Mouse is all about. Plus, my team won so... it's a great clip! :sly:

Last edited:
Will be nice to see a video of the Cat & Mouse.

I think I understand but wanna see it in action.

Been trying to get back into racing, pulled a few muscles in my back last week, can't really get online racing that much. Hopefully tonight I can try and join in on whatever is going on.

Quick question:

Everything but Sunday nights will just be in public rooms?

Back