FIA GT1 Nurburgring 24h Endurance Challenge - Sunday 1st April

• Thread starter DaxCobra
  • 99 comments
England
Norwich,Norfolk
GTP_DaxCobra
oruyo8.jpg

2 Hours of this challenging circuit in the FIA GT1 Season 3 cars.

Think you have what it takes?

Time:

The race will be held at 3PM GMT (4PM UK Time), and should be over by about 5:30PM GMT (6.30PM UK Time), including Qualifying and slight delays.

It will be held on the 1st of April.

Tyres:

The only tyres allowed are Sports Softs, Racing Intermediates and Racing Rains. No other tyres are allowed, and if you use the wrong compound, you will be Disqualified.

1z6muh.jpg

Qualifying

* At 4PM GMT we will start qualifying. The qualifying session will last 21 minutes and the race will automatically start.

*Once you have entered the track for qualifying, you are not allowed to back out to change your set up. If you need to change your tyres, drive into the pits.

*When you come out of the pits, make sure you stay within the lines. Failure to do so may result in a penalty.

*Be respectful to fellow race drivers. If you are on a fast lap, you shouldn't really be expected to move out of the way for someone else, but excessively holding someone up is frowned upon, especially if you are not on a flying lap.

*Make sure you leave a gap between you and other drivers so incidents do not occur. If you do your best to stay away from others on the track in qualifying, you can't complain about being held up.

Rolling Starts

*At the start of a race, the cars will set off at cruise speed (60 - 80 MPH) around the track for one lap.

*No overtaking is allowed on the outlap, and the car on pole will control the pace.

*Tyre warming is not allowed on the Rolling Start lap.

*The cars will drive up to the start line at 80 MPH. As soon as a car crosses the Start/Finish Line, it is allowed to go flat out.

2vsrfxz.jpg

Race

* No collisions or blocking on purpose are allowed.

*If you hit a driver off of the track or cause them to spin, pull to the side of the circuit to let them through again.

*Nudges and taps are generally accepted in motorsport, however, pushing someone wide to gain a place will earn you a penalty.

* Do not quit the race in anger. It is a long race, anything can happen.

* Backmarkers have to let race leaders through.

* Upon entering and leaving the pits, stay within the white/yellow lines.

* Pit stops ARE madnatory. You will have to pit atleast once in each race.

* If you have suffered due to one of these rules being broken, do NOT talk about it in the chat. Simply file the complaint towards one of the stewards and wait for a decision to be made. We do not want any animosity between racers.

2nvxvkg.jpg

DaxCobra/GTP_DaxCobra - Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe '06 - VenoMMotorsport
neljack/neljack - Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe '06 - VenoMMotorsport

Sumo098/Sumo098 - California '08

ranhammerR34/GTP_ranhammerR34 - California '08

FordMKIVJ5/Marunda - SLR McLaren '09

A_Higher_Place/A_Higher_Place - V12 Vantage '10

akmuq/GTP_akmuq -

Denilson / GTP_chorda

Phouchg / xNikodemusx

Last edited:
Dax... if ya going to use the 24H layout, you'll need around 20 min for quali. An out lap is about 10 minutes...

So the race finishes at 6:15 BST (our time)?

If so I doubt I can make it, as dinner will be in the way. :)

Yeah I'm in.

I'll need to re build an Aston though. First one I weight reduced way to far, and adding that much ballast destroys the handling. But if I reduce less and add less it seems to work much better. Kinda weird like that.

Put me down in the Aston :) This should be a nice test for the series!

Is it ok to join even if i won't race in the series? :P because i might have time for some enduro racing tomorrow ^^

Is it ok to join even if i won't race in the series? :P because i might have time for some enduro racing tomorrow ^^

I'm racing and I pulled out of the series. 👍

I think it's just a fun way of checking the equality of the cars. :)

Great! then i'll take myself a ferrari and see if i can keep up ^^ oh and hope it's not raining because i suck at that :)

So this is tomorrow?

It will be a good connection test for me. 👍

Might not finish due to dinner but I'll try. :)

I got to be honest I haven't built my car yet.:D

I think I'll be able to race tomorrow, doubt I can do the series though, and Dax, put my real GTP name on the OP.:sly:

I probably won't do the full series cause college ends and who knows where I'll be working this summer. If its government then all my weekends are busy.

i had to try the car out and wooow it's amazing compared to those stupid lotuses ^^ this is heavy and stable and reliable.. love it!

Any room left?

If so, I'll go with the Aston Martin. 👍

Back