◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,525 comments
Good morning all!! Will be racing for the first time tonight and just wanted to clarify a couple of things. Reading through some of the older posts, am I to assume tranny and suspension mods are allowed or are we running box stock off the showroom floor? I would also like a little more info on the qualifying process. I just want to make sure all my ducks have the right feathers! Thanks and see you all tonight!

Negative.
All you change is the oil, paint, and wheels. Nothing else can be adjusted as far as i know.

Zero or another more qualified member will be able to address the qualifying. I'm not competitive enough yet to be too concerned with all that. Just trying to keep tail lights in my view. Lol

Excellent! Thanks for the info. I read something from way early in this thread and don't have the time right now to read all 150 pages. Box stock is why joined up!! You will have some company chasing tail lights tonight... I'll try to remember to slap on some deodorant to keep my stinking to a minimum!!

Excellent! Thanks for the info. I read something from way early in this thread and don't have the time right now to read all 150 pages. Box stock is why joined up!! You will have some company chasing tail lights tonight... I'll try to remember to slap on some deodorant to keep my stinking to a minimum!!

Hey ExoSphere64, very early in the league we were allowing tuned cars. But we prohibited tuning to make it more of a driver skill league versus a tuning skill league.

As to qualifying, before the first race on each track, we drive in free run for 10 minutes in the respective lounge to establish grid positions for the first race. Pole position earns a single point. The second race is run as a reverse grid based on the last races results.

Move on to the next track, rinse repeat :)

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Hey ExoSphere64, very early in the league we were allowing tuned cars. But we prohibited tuning to make it more of a driver skill league versus a tuning skill league.

If only PD introduced some sort of parc ferme or way to set the parts and tunes for cars. In some cases, I think it would be fun if we were all running the same tune on a car. At other times I think it would be cool to have two points races going on at the same time:

Say there are twelve drivers in a division. We have three our four people build a tune on that car. They then draft drivers from those twelve to run their tune. So you not only have drivers competing against each other, but you have tunes completing against each other.

Truly though, the possibilities of what can be done are endless. Again, PD just doesn't get it. This is not a racing game, this is a car show.

But yes... not sure what that says about the rest of the "racing games" out there.

I wont be able to make it to todays race,my car has been giving me some trouble since last week and sunday is the only day I can work on it,I might have to just drop out of the whole series.

Hey Cheeb and Diabolic. I'm going to be arriving a little late. I should be there for the first race though.

I've had the same experience this weekend as well Sparco. Idler pulley went poo in the jeep last night. Luckily the thing broke down close to the house. Fiancee over heated the thing though. I'm hoping it didn't get too hot.
Anyone noticed the smileys?

Hey Cheeb and Diabolic. I'm going to be arriving a little late. I should be there for the first race though.

Okay, thanks for letting us know.

I wont be able to make it to todays race,my car has been giving me some trouble since last week and sunday is the only day I can work on it,I might have to just drop out of the whole series.

Thanks MLRSparco, bummer about the car. Good thing bout the GT5 cars is they don't break down :) Would hate to see you go.

I think the smileys are an April Fools Day thing.

I think the smileys are an April Fools Day thing.

Been a quiet Fool's Day for me. Google did their thing, Wikipedia did their thing. The only other thing I saw was George Takei announcing a new Star Trek: Excelsior movie.

Awesome idea really, if we could just find a way to ditch J.J. Abrams.

Can I stop an enduro before the end and still have the mileage gained from what I did race?

Can I stop an enduro before the end and still have the mileage gained from what I did race?

No, you must actually finish the race for the mileage to count.

If you are in an online race and the timer counts down before you cross the finish line, you get no mileage added (or mileage is added wrong).

Kodak's is the best I've seen so far.

www.kodak.com

I thought Kodak was bankrupt already.

Rallywagon

Yes. I do this to break in my cars every week. I run the Indy 500 B spec for 75 laps and then quit. All the miles before you quit count.

As stated in the original post, we expect all members to follow GTP OLR Rules. That being said, we are hereby modifying the OLR's section 17: Complaints in order to make them more applicable to our league as well as to simplify the process. Here are the modified rules that have been adapted for S.N.A.I.L.:

This is a rough draft..

All complaints relating to a racing incident must follow this procedure:
Contact the driver concerned privately (GTP_PM or PSN_PM)
Discuss in a manner that is normally acceptable here at GTP (AUP)
Please also inform your Division Director that a complaint has been made
If a complaint cannot be resolved privately then as a last resort contact a GTP_Race Admin
Name PM subject title 'Racing Complaint'
Supply Members PSN_Tag
Supply race number and time of incident

Supply Details and any other relevant information relating to the incident

In case the procedure regarding race incidents is not followed and the driver decides to discuss the racing incident in public here on the GTP forum, the driver may be given a warning or an infraction (in case of repetition or blunt accusations) by one of the OLR racing admins.

All complaints relating to official GTP events should follow the same procedure as above, but the complaint must be sent to the designated Race Steward for any given GTP event.

hi guys, I'd like to join this league. Sharkie invited me a while back, but I'm busy studying often (chem is rough!) , so I'm not sure if I can make all the events. I was reading up on some of the off-night events like cat and mouse, and that sounds really fun.
do you guys keep track of points? I dont want to throw you off by missing races and whatnot...

D1 Folks...I'll be there asap. Im having some connection issues. I had to restore this morning and having the mic on and my labtop is making staying online a terror.

I'm resetting again

Sorry I had to drop tonight. My wheel finally gave out I guess. 3 years of racing action has finally taken its toll on the old MoMo Logitech. Driving down the straights the wheel is now drifting all the way to left lock then jumping weird back to center. And going through corners is guess work at best. Hopefully I get my g27 before next weekend.
Anyway. Again I apologize for having to drop and for the people I bumped. If I have to get relegated then I accept that. I'll get back to d1 as soon as I get my new wheel.

Just refreshed the Leggera back 532 to 539PP and the S2000 from 429 to 431PP . What a silly mistake to not have done that BEFORE the races tonight.

Here are the official results from our league night on April 1st, 2012. It was a really tight battle for the D1 podium as there were only two points separating each of the top three finishers! In the end, M1SS-D3V10US retook the overall championship. D2 was equally as close with jlbowler coming from behind on the last race to overtake HogsterGT by two points. Iceburgeson had triumphant return to the league by taking the D3 crown.
6894742106_f5cd570ae3_b.jpg

Click here for results of all divisions

Division 1
1st: M1SS-D3V10US ---- selected Prize A
2nd: ADR_BRONCO ------ selected Prize C
3rd: Mighty_mopar ------ selected Prize B
4th: Diabolicwyvern ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
5th: AJK-VAIL ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
6th: ND_4_SPD_Naruto -- did not submit a vote
7th: tcrash15 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
8th: kcheeb ------------- voted to eliminate Round 2
9th: racefan78 ---------- did not submit a vote
10th: spooble ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
11th: rallywgn81 -------- did not submit a vote

Division 2
1st: jlbowler ------------- voted to eliminate Round 1
2nd: HogsterGT ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
3rd: zer05ive ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
4th: Psycho-Tuber ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
5th: leadbedr ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
6th: Apmaddock --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
7th: aubdogg ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
8th: tezgm99 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
9th: g-MachineREX ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
DNR: dvdoughboy -------- no-showed without advanced notice
DNR: KissMyGlock -------- no-showed without advanced notice

Division 3
1st: iceburgeson --------- did not submit a vote
2nd: dabneyd ------------ did not submit a vote
3rd: a_garris ------------- voted to eliminate Round 2
4th: ChuthuluGoat -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
5th: Skills_19657 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
6th: cmbeal317 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
7th: exosphere64 --------- did not submit a vote
8th: autoxse-r ------------ did not submit a vote

The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 2 - Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C6) '06 @Trial Mountain Circuit / Reverse
Therefore it has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since M1SS-D3V10US selected Prize A, she gets to decide which car and track will replace it.

The round that received the second most votes was:
Round 3 - Amuse NISMO 380RS Super Leggera @Grand Valley East / Reverse
Therefore, either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since Mighty_mopar got Prize B, he gets to decide which is replaced and what replaces it.

ADR_BRONCO selected Prize C, so he gets any car he wants (up to $999,999).

Last edited:
Drat, two weeks in a row where the combination I nabbed my best results on is the one voted out entirely :lol:

I watched the replay of the second race at Trial Mtn and wow did bowler ever make up some ground!

Last edited:
Thank you Zero for posting the results so quickly.

"Okay Monty, I'm going take Door #1!"

"You can keep that prize, whatever it is, or you can give it back and select another door. What would you like to do?"

*crowd starts to makes all kinda of suggestions*

"I don't know Monty."
*I look into the crowd towards my friends*
"What should I do? ... Door 2? ... I don't know. ... Door 1? ... Stay with Door 1?"

*crowd continues to makes all kinda of suggestions*

"I need your answer, Madalynne."

*a hush comes over the crowd*

"I'm going to stay with Door 1, Monty."

Okay. You've just selected.... Prize A!"

*the crowd starts cheering*

"I Won?! Really? I Won!! I Really Won?!"
*I look into the crowd towards my friends*
"I Won!!"
*I start doing my happy dance*

Last edited:
"I'm going to stay with Door 1, Monty."

Okay. You've just selected.... Prize A!"[/I]

*the crowd starts cheering*

LOL, I figured you'd go with Prize A as always, but I have to ask. Maybe I'm just hoping that one day the 1st place finisher in D1 will choose Prize B instead of Prize A in order to "save" a particular car or track from getting the boot. For example, if you were really attached to the Super Leggera and wanted to ensure that it remained on the line-up. It may never happen, but I like the strategy behind the concept.

Btw, I know mentioned that the cars in the Online Dealership were available for selection, but I don't think we should do that this week. Easter Sunday is next week and we might have to cancel league night. If that happens, we'd need the Online Dealership cars to remain the same for another week. Otherwise, it'd be quite a hassle to make sure everyone in the league (including any new members) gets the car they need.

Back