GTP NASCAR Nationwide Series // Season Report/Points // Champions!

• Thread starter Chqr
  • 1,868 comments

Should we race at SSRX this season?

• Yes

Votes: 16 69.6%
  • No

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
:lol: at SSRX :(

I just try to pick up what I learn, and use others as best I can. But yeah, a lot of things don't make sense but seem to work.

I'd consider but I usually don;t get home on saturdays until around 6.30pm.

Very early thread but GTP Nascar Nationwide Season II is live!

Please keep all S1 chat and talk here.

S2 Thread is for interested drivers only and any questions, concerns or queries about anything.

There is about two months left to go before the Sprint Cup owners draft. We have 7 Sprint Cup races left, and an off-week between Chase Race 1 and 2. Once the Nationwide season is over, the NASCAR Thunder Series is going to help fill the void until the end of the Sprint Cup season.

MustangRyan
There is about two months left to go before the Sprint Cup owners draft. We have 7 Sprint Cup races left, and an off-week between Chase Race 1 and 2. Once the Nationwide season is over, the NASCAR Thunder Series is going to help fill the void until the end of the Sprint Cup season.

Ok I was just curious

Just so everyone is perfectly clear on how the Sprint Cup team ownership draft works, I'll take a minute to explain it in detail.

The Sprint Cup ownership draft is used to decide who the five new Sprint Cup team owners will be for next season; nothing more and nothing less.

When it's your turn to draft, you have only two options:

Option 1. Claim ownership of any unowned team (Hendrick, Joe Gibbs, Ford Racing, Red Bull, or Stewart-Ganassi). If a team has already been claimed with a previous draft choice, it is no longer available to be picked.

Option 2. Pass on your turn, declining the chance to be a team owner for Sprint Cup season 4 and Nationwide season 2. If you pass on the chance to own a team, you simply become a free agent driver.

The draft is over as soon as new ownership is in place for all of the five teams. Anyone that claims ownership of a team will be the team owner for that team in both the Sprint Cup and the Nationwide Series for next season. It is the job of the car owner to assemble the best possible team of drivers in both leagues. Free agent drivers are allowed to sign with any team owner, to drive for their Sprint Cup or Nationwide team.

The draft is NOT used for team owners to pick drivers that they want to drive for them. No driver can be forced to race for a team if they do not wish to do so.

The draft is NOT used for drivers to decide which car they want to drive next season. No team owner can be forced to take on a driver they don't want racing for them.

Team owners and free agent drivers must come to a mutual agreement in order for a driver to get a seat for next season.

Here is how the ownership draft progressed last season:

MustangRyan
SEASON 3 SPRINT CUP OWNERSHIP DRAFT RESULTS:

With the first pick, Season 2 Sprint Cup points champion RFLX_Niop chooses to own the Stewart-Ganassi team, driving the #14 car. RFLX will need a driver for the #42 car.

With the second pick, points runner-up JoeOfTheFire elects to take ownership of the Ford Racing team, driving the 2010 #43. Joe still needs to announce the drivers for the 2011 #43 and the #99 car, which he says are already spoken for in season 3.

With the third pick, Homeslice47 will pass. Homeslice announces that he is cutting back to part-time for next season.

With the fourth pick, Droptop2001gt will pass, as the league host will not be permitted to own a team now, or in the future.

Knelly, with the fifth pick, passes on the chance to own a team, and signs to drive the #42 for Stewart-Ganassi Racing team boss RFLX_Niop. The SGR team is full for season 3, with two drivers.

With the sixth pick, Mudd passes.

With the seventh pick, Crazy_Bassist_83 selects to own Hendrick Motorsports, driving 2011 car #24. Crazy signs Mudd to drive the 88. The 2010 #24 is still available at this time.

With the eighth pick, Dowhat13 has passed, and signed to drive for Hendrick Motorsports in the #48 car.

With the ninth pick, M-Stall41 has announced his ownership of Joe Gibbs Racing, driving the Home Depot #20. M-Stall41 also announces a driver signing, with Droptop2001gt agreeing to drive the GameStop #20. The #11 car is still available at this time.

ACDCROCKS123 passes on pick #10, signing with Joe Gibbs Racing to drive the #18 car.

Furinkazen, with the eleventh pick, passes, opting to sign with Team Ford Racing to drive the 2011 #43 car.

mustardaddict has used the 12th pick to pass, electing to drive part-time, if at all, next season, due to time constraints and race lengths.

funkyDucks, with the 13th overall pick, has elected to claim ownership of the Red Bull Racing team.

Had funkyDucks passed, the next draft picks would have belonged to, in this order:

MULE_9242
Carbonox
MattyMc1996
Smuffyatfcp
Chqr
Cowboys965

Any questions?

Wow, since Mule got Red Bull in the end, I became very close to being the next guy available for running a team. :embarrassed:

Wow, since Mule got Red Bull in the end, I became very close to being the next guy available for running a team. :embarrassed:

Not true, you already signed up with my team before the last owner was established. This is one of the reasons I filled my team up so quickly was to ensure quality drivers. At the time I was wondering if you would have waited out to own a team.

Oh right, as some people may have noticed, I have received a boost of motivation to continue in NASCAR despite the large amount of tuning involved, but just like Furi, I won't reveal my plans yet. :)

I don't understand why? I have given you every tune so far and you are on top of the standings. You need to give yourself some credit and take those tunes with you to next season. The tunes you have are good, in the SC most drivers have all the premo tunes. It's just how you use them along with strategy and driver skill. All of which you have. I'll admit some tunes (I gave you) haven't been the best but every week in and out I hook you up and you do quite well. Same goes for Smuffy too. Did you get my last minute PSN message before the race last Saturday?

If Funkyducks passed, I would have taken Red Bull anyway. He gave ownership to me since he had to pull out before we started. Only way I was guaranteed a ride, because of how I left season 2, basically.

MÜLE_9242;7148314
If Funkyducks passed, I would have taken Red Bull anyway. He gave ownership to me since he had to pull out before we started. Only way I was guaranteed a ride, because of how I left season 2, basically.

This is another reason I think we will see less people passing up on ownership this year. If you pass, you had better know that you are going to get a Sprint Cup seat, if that's your goal. If enough drivers pass, there might be more free agent drivers than open seats before five owners are set in place. The lower down the list the owners come from, the more competition there will be for those remaining open seats at the top. I wouldn't want to see someone pass up a chance to own a team, and then wind up not even driving in the Sprint Cup because they couldn't get a ride from one of the five team owners.

The example I keep thinking of from last season is Furinkazen. He passed on owning Red Bull with pick number 11, and opted to sign with Joe at Ford Racing instead. When we cut one driver each from four teams to help reduce lag, Furi was out of a ride. Had he opted to own Red Bull, he wouldn't have been in that position.

As the owner, you're always going to be in control of your own situation. For any driver that doesn't feel 100% solid with their chances of getting a Sprint Cup team owner to sign them, that kind of guarantee could be too good to pass up.

This is another reason I think we will see less people passing up on ownership this year. If you pass, you had better know that you are going to get a Sprint Cup seat, if that's your goal. If enough drivers pass, there might be more free agent drivers than open seats before five owners are set in place. The lower down the list the owners come from, the more competition there will be for those remaining open seats at the top. I wouldn't want to see someone pass up a chance to own a team, and then wind up not even driving in the Sprint Cup because they couldn't get a ride from one of the five team owners.

The example I keep thinking of from last season is Furinkazen. He passed on owning Red Bull with pick number 11, and opted to sign with Joe at Ford Racing instead. When we cut one driver each from four teams to help reduce lag, Furi was out of a ride. Had he opted to own Red Bull, he wouldn't have been in that position.

As the owner, you're always going to be in control of your own situation. For any driver that doesn't feel 100% solid with their chances of getting a Sprint Cup team owner to sign them, that kind of guarantee could be too good to pass up.

But I knew from the start I would not be able to commit to the season.

But I knew from the start I would not be able to commit to the season.

But it would still have been a way to guarantee your seat for every race you wanted to run in, without having to find part-time seats with different teams. Nothing says the owner has to be full-time. Being the team owner would have been perfect for you, as you could have run the races you wanted to, and then hired a driver for the longer races you couldn't attend.

i got better a daytona, i will be a future SORE THUMB RACING. who is looking for a driver at daytona,

Since IndyCar are at Indy for the 500 next weekend, the Cup is at the Brickyard for the 400 and Nationwide is there for the 200 I've put together a bit of artwork for the 'Super Weekend'.

SuperWeekend.png

Since IndyCar are at Indy for the 500 next weekend, the Cup is at the Brickyard for the 400 and Nationwide is there for the 200 I've put together a bit of artwork for the 'Super Weekend'.

SuperWeekend.png

well done!!!

I should be good to race tonight, any open seats?

Pop in the room early on.

If there isn't a slot for you, you can be the 16th driver so long as Niop is racing himself and isn't streaming.

I'm in the best mood possible!

60 GOLDS WITH A DS3!

Finally did IC-3 at Indy after an hour, I did it like a boss! :)

:cheers:

Cowboys965
I can make it today, Drop.

As far as I know, Matty is in the 18, Nater is in the 20, and Fox may or may not be able to make it in the 11, depending on his grandmother's condition. If he can't make it, you're in the 11. If he's there, you're free to drive for any other team.

Lobby is open!

Come on in and clear your cache too.

Race start in 57 minutes from now.
Qualifying in 42 minutes from now.

1472-6118-4130-9224-4120

Me too, because I can join you guys. I was racing with Sore Thumb and they said I am doing great. I will be STR_JAKOB88 in the summer.

Last edited:
Sorry guys, something came up and I will not be able to make the race. Sorry to my team for Telling you on short notice, and to my team. Good luck Red Bull.

I'll be driving the #43 for Ford today, looking to bag a second Daytona win.

Latest Posts

Back