GTP NASCAR Nationwide Series // Season Report/Points // Champions!

• Thread starter Chqr
  • 1,868 comments

Should we race at SSRX this season?

• Yes

Votes: 16 69.6%
  • No

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just to make it perfectly clear, you cannot drop the finale race.

I've said this everywhere in the thread so I think everyone knows so you must race next weekend.

MÜLE_9242
Race ruined directly due to Toms lag.

Pissed off.

No offence dude, but why didn't you pass me with the 4 car train instead? I'm not gonna sit behind you doing 170 for the entire race. Shouting at me doesn't help, talking to me and working out how the pack should have been set up with me lagging, does.

Apologise to anyone I did take out; lag is never an issue for me, can't understand why this has happened tonight.

TomMcD
No offence dude, but why didn't you pass me with the 4 car train instead? I'm not gonna sit behind you doing 170 for the entire race. Shouting at me doesn't help, talking to me and working out how the pack should have been set up with me lagging, does.

Apologise to anyone I did take out; lag is never an issue for me, can't understand why this has happened tonight.

I did try to pass you, but you were lagging so badly that you were warping all over the place. Nater

MÜLE_9242

I did try to pass you, but you were lagging so badly that you were warping all over the place. Nater

I'm sorry man, I thought it was pretty minor due to the fact Akmuq was pushing me with no issues. Like I said, not normally an issue I have to deal with.

EDIT: From Cup thread:

TomMcD
Found the reason for my NW lag, just received word that my provider is experiencing some difficulties in my area. Hopefully it should be fixed in my area before the race; I'd appreciate it if you guys would take a look at me on track pre-race and see if I'm good or not.

If I'm lagging too badly I'll get somebody to take 2/3 points for me.

Last edited:
Well done Trynor, unlucky for Carb as he also spun just before the end to come 8th, his worst race finish in this I believe which would allow him to drop it and his 6th.

With the last race not able to be dropped, we now know exactly how many points each driver has, and what it's going to take to win the championship. Best of luck to everyone at Indy.

MÜLE_9242;7163932
Race ruined directly due to Toms lag.

Pissed off.

Mule, it wasn't only Tom who was lagging and it wasn't only your race who was ruined. In fact it wasn't ruined and there still plenty of laps to do and Tom kindly parked his car as a result of the lag. You are not setting a very good example as a team owner by ragequitting as a result of this either. You race till the end whatever the circumstance and the fact is you should not be quitting as a result and you could have helped one of your Red Bull drivers get a higher position than they got.

EDIT: Everyone lags at somepoint in a season or one race and you should not be screaming down the headset midrace either. That helps nobody and apparently increases lag even more.

I think Litchi was trying a pretty desperate move TBH, pretty much ruined my chance for any higher points :(

Got a massive run on Cowboys and Nater at the end, then got pushed over the yellow line when making the pass, but I'd guess that pushing part justifies the result somewhat. Whatever the verdict is, there's apparently no difference, 143 points either way. :embarrassed:

Toms lag split the field and made my 1 stop at lap 40 come early at 36. This threw off that strategy and I still went with it. Thanks nater for working with me, together we were able to hold our time steady n on pace. On my second stint, it was looking real good, better than I had planned. I was tailing a 5 car pack of Niop n trynor, I was in super conserve mode n only a lap down to them two. I knew they would pit again n I would be back on the lead. Well, it didn't quite work to well after 20 laps when the pack I was in caught another pack and our speeds were 10mph faster than our original pace. After 5 laps of that I knew I couldn't make it to 80 anymore. But I still stayed out hoping for a miracle. Late in the race I got a little ambitious and wanted to see who I was racing. And I dished out a few bumps n made a couple aggressive moves. That's when I noticed I could be potentially racing for 8th place aginst nater n cowboys. But I backed off as I knew my tires wear getting bad n I would have to go in again around 70. So in all it wasn't a horrible race for me. If I could have stayed with a clean pack n conserved a little more I would have had 40 lap stints with no problem.

Bloody brilliant. Save replay corrupted.

Okay, I know TRYNOR led the most laps but who else led a lap?

I tried to keep going, but I almost wrecked Drop by mistake and figured there was no point in risking that. I can't drive when I'm pissed off, and didn't want to ruin anyone else's race. I don't need a lecture.

I think Litchi was trying a pretty desperate move TBH, pretty much ruined my chance for any higher points :(

Got a massive run on Cowboys and Nater at the end, then got pushed over the yellow line when making the pass, but I'd guess that pushing part justifies the result somewhat. Whatever the verdict is, there's apparently no difference, 143 points either way. :embarrassed:

Watching the replay a couple times you were definetly forced below the yellow line so I don't know what chqr wants to do about it if anything at all.

Bloody brilliant. Save replay corrupted.

Okay, I know TRYNOR led the most laps but who else led a lap?

I didn't save the replay at all :banghead:

However, I vaguely remember leading at least one lap after Trynor & co. went into the pits.

Matty
Well done Trynor, unlucky for Carb as he also spun just before the end to come 8th, his worst race finish in this I believe which would allow him to drop it and his 6th.

Carb got 6th. He slingshot by me and Nater before the line.

:grumpy:

Carbonox

Sorry about that. I went hight but went low to push Nater do we could get more speed. Didn't pay attention to where you were.

Race Results @ Daytona 200

*denotes driver's points are illegible towards the Drivers' Championship due to driving in the GTP Nascar Sprint Cup Championship.
DNS = Did not start
DSQ = Disqualified

262kv21.png

Drivers' Championship
Your worst two points finishes excluding the season finale are dropped.

2czwv8p.png

Owners' Championship

f28pyq.png

Last edited:
If we ran by the S2 Points System Adjustment where lead lap and most led lap points are removed, the difference between the top two is four points.

It almost seems that by being the most attentive and racing every week has almost counted against Carbonox.

If we ran by our original 10 race schedule where only one race was dropped, Carbonox would be Champion.

If we ran by our original 10 race schedule, Richard Childress Racing would be Champions of the Owners' Championship.

If we ran by our original 10 race schedule, smuffy would have finished 3rd and be promoted to 11th in the Sprint Cup Ownership Draft.

--

Of course, the ball game's a lot more different now and the pendulum has swayed.

We can only look to Indianapolis now with great intrigue.

So I did get a penalty? :confused:

Unfortunately so. It was a very difficult one to judge so I looked to official NASCAR Rules and they these words are spoken by its President, Mike Helton.

Helton continued, "Since the end of the race there has been some confusion as to what is allowable during the last lap at Daytona and Talladega. To be clear, as we go forward, there will be no passing under the yellow line at any time during NASCAR races at Daytona or Talladega, period. This includes any passing below the yellow line near the start/finish line on the final lap," said Helton.

--

It doesn't make a difference in your case as those 12 points would be dropped anyway.

Back