GTP NASCAR Nationwide Series // Season Report/Points // Champions!

• Thread starter Chqr
  • 1,868 comments

Should we race at SSRX this season?

• Yes

Votes: 16 69.6%
  • No

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If you want to update the fastest lap it was a 47.282 by D4LVY_ not that it matters much.

If I'm getting a penalty though, I'd expect Litchi to get one as well, his completely unnecessary move was what got me into that battle in the first place.

Just saying...

If I'm getting a penalty though, I'd expect Litchi to get one as well, his completely unnecessary move was what got me into that battle in the first place.

Just saying...

I think he might have, as Litchi definitely finished 4th ahead of me, but is listed as finishing 5th.

If you want to update the fastest lap it was a 47.282 by D4LVY_ not that it matters much.

Oh everything matters.

Updated.

@Carbonox: The point is. This is Daytona. Accidents happen. If I started penalising drivers for unnecessary movements, I'd end up with about 5 or more as I crashed with akmuq as Crazy did too. Unfortunately this is Nascar where things are very subjective between a penalty and beatin' and bangin' racing where most accidents are not penalised and are treated literally as accidents. Quite the contrary in Touring Cars.

This season, I've tried to be as fair between an accident and an avoidable accident. The only one being my own penalty with racefan78 with Monza where I knew I wrecked him and could have not done it. I demoted him to 5th after that incident but I hope that helps clear things up.

If anyone has the replay, can they please check if it was avoidable or not...

The lap in question was somewhere between 70 and 75.

Trynor leading by 6. Dave up to 5th with only Litchi behind him. JRM in second with a realistic shot of the Constructors. Great reading 👍

If anyone has the replay, can they please check if it was avoidable or not...

The lap in question was somewhere between 70 and 75.

This was a classic example of someone following someone's draft and not knowing someone is underneath them and the two get into each other(possibly lag? my replay is really laggy). If anyone else has a take on it by all means share your thoughts.

The only reason I'm persisting for further investigation is that I want justice. If I get a penalty for being pushed over the yellow line in an otherwise 100% clean and acceptable overtaking attempt, then a penalty must also be given for wrecking two cars out of contention altogether with a passing move doomed to fail.

chqr can't watch the replay as his file is corrupt. If someone can send him the replay over the pond there, it would be better as chqr would know how to handle it.

chqr can't watch the replay as his file is corrupt. If someone can send him the replay over the pond there, it would be better as chqr would know how to handle it.

Or RFLX get it on Youtube? 💡

I just got back, I have no problem with Carbon going over line, because it wasn't intentional, I accidentally put him there because i didnt know he was next to me. He had more speed from the draft, he shouldn't have had to slow.

Edit: Are you guys talking about the last lap?

Carbon got 6th
I got 7th
Nater got 8th

I just got back, I have no problem with Carbon going over line, because it wasn't intentional, I accidentally put him there because i didnt know he was next to me. He had more speed from the draft, he shouldn't have had to slow.

Edit: Are you guys talking about the last lap?

Carbon got 6th
I got 7th
Nater got 8th

Wrong you finished behind me

Not on my screen.

Can someone clarify this?

I believe I saw Nater coming there first, did you check the gaps?

In the WTCC race 1 which I watched, Dax and Gokartman went side by side across the line and Dax showed up as 'winner' despite Gokart actually finishing 1st by 0.05 seconds.

Difficult. Carb had a hell of a run and was forced down there, no question. But maybe he could have let off slightly. I know its the last lap but...

The first overtake on the #11 was legal as he was forced there. I reckon the #11 gave him space once he had gone below the yellow however. The overtake on the #20 was illegal. I'd place: 20#, then Carb, then the #11.

@Carb it occasionally shows 2nd as the winner, key is of they have "-" before there split time or not.

Carbonox
I believe I saw Nater coming there first, did you check the gaps?

In the WTCC race 1 which I watched, Dax and Gokartman went side by side across the line and Dax showed up as 'winner' despite Gokart actually finishing 1st by 0.05 seconds.

I saw me ahead of him on the standings and final results at the end.

Niop can you check this too?

Looks as though he did get pushed down, yes. But also that he had plenty of time to come back up and be legal.

Maybe 1 spot and call it a night, and remember I wrote this and everyone ignored it :sly:

Trynor leading by 6. Dave up to 5th with only Litchi behind him. JRM in second with a realistic shot of the Constructors. Great reading 👍

Difficult. Carb had a hell of a run and was forced down there, no question. But maybe he could have let off slightly. I know its the last lap but...

The first overtake on the #11 was legal as he was forced there. I reckon the #11 gave him space once he had gone below the yellow however. The overtake on the #20 was illegal. I'd place: 20#, then Carb, then the #11.

That's exactly what I was thinking right after the race finished and watched the replay a few times.

@Carb it occasionally shows 2nd as the winner, key is of they have "-" before there split time or not.

If I may continue to express my opinions, remember that it's not particularly easy to check if there's space on the side when travelling at ~320km/h after dragging the other guys for the entire final lap.

EDIT: Bwah, should have probably quoted Knelly's post instead, but whatever, Furi nearly had the same point. :dopey:

What was he supposed to do, slow down and let you pass? He was already side by side with you, if he didn't pass you it would've been my fault.

Race Results @ Daytona 200

*denotes driver's points are illegible towards the Drivers' Championship due to driving in the GTP Nascar Sprint Cup Championship.
DNS = Did not start
DSQ = Disqualified

262kv21.png

Drivers' Championship
Your worst two points finishes excluding the season finale are dropped.

2czwv8p.png

Owners' Championship

2jsbcx.png

Last edited:
To me, Carb was clearly forced below the yellow line by Cowboys. There was nothing Carb could do, as he was visibly forced down below the yellow line. The pass on Cowboys should stand.

However, even with that huge run, Carb couldn't have legally passed Nater on the inside, and there wouldn't have been room to slash between Nater and Cowboys to pass Nater on the outside, as Cowboys was still there. Carb's only legal and clean option would have been to push Nater to complete the pass on Cowboys.

The finishing order should be Nater, Carb, Cowboys.

EDIT - and Litchi definitely finished in 4th place, just ahead of me.

Massive thank you to Niop for the replay. That's helped enormously and he's done brilliantly with all his feedback with points, standings, lead laps and hosting over the course of the season. I think for S2, I should be okay to lead it by myself hopefully.

Carbonox slips a spot for his move on Nate but makes a gain on Cowboys for that move. Fellow stewards seem to agree on my verdict here.

As what happened in the D4LVY_ incident back at Monza, I will try and be subjective in my ruling but as always, I'm open to appeals and suggestions and I will often overturn and not be afraid of changing what I've done.

Again, thank you to Niop for giving RCR a headache ahead of Indy not least Carbonox. :sly:

Back