◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,532 comments
Gentleman, thanks again for a great night of racing in spite of all the connectivity issues. I am SOOOO sorry for my racing tonight... I just couldn't get my manure in one sock and was all over the place. I feel pretty bad about the whole thing. Sorry zer0, I know I tangled with you on more than one occasion... Time to re-think my approach...

It's all good, Exo. I know you didn't have bad intentions. Overall, the racing tonight was excellent! The biggest problem was the delay trying to start Round 3. That had to be the longest delay in the entire history of the league! :crazy:

Just an FYI, because I promised to explain this: There were a couple of times in D1 tonight that for some reason we had to restart a race (once at least because Spa took too long to load and the race started with all of us looking at black screens). There's a technique that can be used to get everyone in the right order for the restart relatively easily:

1. Set order to Fastest First.
  2. Everyone head out on to the track, as if to qualify again, except only go a few hundred yards and park on track in the order desired, with ample space between cars.
  3. Start the race

The race will start using the order on track. I've heard that this occasionally doesn't work quite right, but it has worked every time I've seen it used.

Edit: I should point out that managing D1 tonight was not an easy task, and I appreciate the effort Mopar, Bowler and Tcrash went to to make it happen tonight.

Last edited:
Here are the official results from our league night on July 8th, 2012. This was our second week using our new format and our tenth week of using the PERFECT 100 points system. Based on the new format, Prize A, Prize B, and Prize C are to be selected by the winners of each division, with the division winner with the highest points total selecting first.

Click here for detailed results and statistics

Division 1
  1. Nic-KL ------------- selected Prize C (finished with 81 points)
  2. Mighty_mopar ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. dabneyd ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. ADR_BRONCO ------ did not submit a vote
  5. jlbowler ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. AJK-VAIL ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. DrKronin ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. AG07WRXTR ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. tcrash15 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  10. bdubclub ----------- did not submit vote
  11. GTP_esh ----------- did not submit vote
  • GTP_BlacqueJack --- DNR
  • kcheeb ------------ DNR
  • Diabolicwyvern ----- DNR

Division 2
  1. rofajole ------------ selected Prize A (finished with 85 points)
  2. zer05ive ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. GTP_dylansan ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. Turbo91stdcivic ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. aubdogg ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. rallywgn81 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. spooble ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. GTP_BeRandom ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. greest_lightnin ----- voted to eliminate Round 2
  10. tezgm99 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  11. ExoSphere64 ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  12. cmbeal317 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  • no_bull_racin97 ---- DNR
  • Oshawa-Joe ------- DNR
  • Apmaddock -------- DNR
  • imtomtomim -------- DNR
  • whatbadgerseat ---- DNR
  • GTP_STRUNS109 --- DNR

Division 3
  1. ChuthuluGoat ------ selected Prize B (finished with 84 points)
  2. moi_2212 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. sethfraz22 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. donconater -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. jbica --------------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. Skills_19657 -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. Vol_Jbolaz ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. Millerhd ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  9. Patches_McFluffy --- voted to eliminate Round 3
  10. g-MachineREX ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  11. yer_mama904 ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  12. Handlebar-Man ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  13. KissMyGlock -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  • nateral00 ----------- DNR
  • atongo619 ---------- DNR
  • j-dogg11985 -------- DNR
  • MLR_DAnGeR_KiiD --- DNR
  • LR-L2L-xDriFtZz ----- DNR
  • SCREAMING_CHIEF -- DNR
  • torres_dong -------- DNR
  • dvdoughboy -------- DNR
  • GTP_CaptainSwan -- DNR

The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 2 - Lotus Elise '96 RM @Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
Therefore it has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since rofajole selected Prize A, he gets to decide which car and track will replace it.

The round that received the second most votes was:
Round 3 - Ferrari 512BB '76 @Circuit de la Sarthe 2009
Therefore, either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since ChuthuluGoat selected Prize B, he gets to decide which is replaced and what replaces it.

Nic-KL gets Prize C, so he gets any gift car ticket listed here.

Last edited:
Division 3 great racing last night wasn't on my game but still had a great time will try to work on my racing technique to be ready for next weeks line up. Welcome Donconater hope to see you in next weeks race!

Great racing last night D3! sad to see spa go.

Division 3 great racing last night wasn't on my game but still had a great time will try to work on my racing technique to be ready for next weeks line up. Welcome Donconater hope to see you in next weeks race!

I heard the same thing from Vol in the debrief after the races. Great to hear that D3 has such close racing! Looks like our new policy on Promotion and Relegation may be paying off already! 👍

Also, I want to second Millerhd's welcome of Donconater. He did very well for his first time racing with us! Hopefully he can get his gtplanet login issues resolved so that he can actually most his own posts. :)

I'm honestly sad to see the Lotus @ Spa race to be voted off. Without a doubt my favorite race out of all 6 or so weeks I've raced with you guys. Hopefully there will be another combo that is just as addicting and that promotes such tight racing soon ! 👍

Edit: I should point out that managing D1 tonight was not an easy task, and I appreciate the effort Mopar, Bowler and Tcrash went to to make it happen tonight.

Thanks to all of you for covering for me, I hope it didn't throw your game off :nervous:

I'm honestly sad to see the Lotus @ Spa race to be voted off. Without a doubt my favorite race out of all 6 or so weeks I've raced with you guys. Hopefully there will be another combo that is just as addicting and that promotes such tight racing soon ! 👍

I'll second this, awesome track to drive and a car that is fun to drive 👍 Sad to see it go, but it was time.

ok, so what is the line between "that happens in racing" and "you purposely tried or did take me out of the race"? I get bumped, I get pushed, and most of the time I just give a verbal warning like "hey, I'm below you" or "Take it easy, I'm below or above you". Sometimes I accidentally bump someone braking into a turn, sometimes I slide out of my racing line and bump someone during a turn. I believe that is "just racing". What is S.N.A.I.L. view as to what is Accidental and What is Punishable?

Those who have raced with me consistently for the past few weeks, I hope my actions on track show that I try to run a clean race every race. I have greatly enjoyed my time in S.N.A.I.L. and S.P.E.C., and I plan on racing with you guys for a long time if you'll have me.... Thank You.

ok, so what is the line between "that happens in racing" and "you purposely tried or did take me out of the race"? I get bumped, I get pushed, and most of the time I just give a verbal warning like "hey, I'm below you" or "Take it easy, I'm below or above you". Sometimes I accidentally bump someone braking into a turn, sometimes I slide out of my racing line and bump someone during a turn. I believe that is "just racing". What is S.N.A.I.L. view as to what is Accidental and What is Punishable?

What you call "just racing" might be seen by some as not being in control of your vehicle. It's not really a matter of intent, but result. We all understand that incidents will happen, but the purpose of the penalty system is to help drivers see what they need to do to improve, and hopefully keep the racing clean and fun.

Agreed, dabney. Frankly, I would hate to see any intentional bumping in this league.

I was bumpdrafting you at Sarthe so we could try to make a break from the pack....didn't end up working given I lost your draft towards the end of lap 1 though.

I find it tricky to judge whether you've left enough room through corners if you go side-by-side. You think there's space but end up rubbing door mirrors....but I don't think that's much of an issue.

What you call "just racing" might be seen by some as not being in control of your vehicle. It's not really a matter of intent, but result. We all understand that incidents will happen, but the purpose of the penalty system is to help drivers see what they need to do to improve, and hopefully keep the racing clean and fun.

Well put dabney, this is exactly how I view it. And as we've seen what at the time feels like 'someone did you wrong' can turn out to be something quite different, given another perspective.

Agreed, dabney. Frankly, I would hate to see any intentional bumping in this league.

Other than bump drafting, I'm quite sure we don't have intentional contact in S.N.A.I.L. Everyone seems fully aware of the consequences.

I find it tricky to judge whether you've left enough room through corners if you go side-by-side. You think there's space but end up rubbing door mirrors....but I don't think that's much of an issue.

But I need my mirrors tez!!!

This happens and over time you get better at judging where the other cars are. One thing that helped me a lot in corners was changing my mini map zoom to 2 or 3. You know at a glance if someone is inside, outside or behind 👍

But I need my mirrors tez!!!

This happens and over time you get better at judging where the other cars are. One thing that helped me a lot in corners was changing my mini map zoom to 2 or 3. You know at a glance if someone is inside, outside or behind 👍

You've still got one on the other side of the car to use :P

I don't look at my map through the corners (I know when a car is there from the rear view mirror and you can see which side they go on if attempting a pass), I'm concentrating on the braking point, leaving enough room and trying not to get oversteer :/

You've still got one on the other side of the car to use :P

I don't look at my map through the corners (I know when a car is there from the rear view mirror and you can see which side they go on if attempting a pass), I'm concentrating on the braking point, leaving enough room and trying not to get oversteer :/

It is a bit of a juggling act for sure. I tend to do quick glances coming out of corners, prior to breaking points and after turn in. I get enough information to tell me whether I need to be concerned about someone and from where :)

Overall, I think I've had enough of the Elise at Spa. It just doesn't provide as tight a field as the other two races, as everyone ends up spreading out with not enough competition. Not that there wasn't any competition, but there could be more.

That said, I'm going to miss that combo, and the car's rock 'n' roll engine. I hope we get to do more races at Spa. I really enjoyed that track more than I expected to.

I would also think if contact is enough to warrant a comment of "Sorry I clipped ya there.." then it probably warrants a glance in the rear view mirror, and at least a brief thought of asking a follow up of "Did you spin out because of that?". That could even be follow by a thought of wondering if a concession should be made. Not always, but some collisions (not just ones I started or participated in), do this inconsistently.

While I like the post race function of the stewards, running at the back of the pack after contact (again, and again), is ... Unfun. My racing skills are not up to making up oodles of lost found, so when we get those reverse grid setups that leave me in last place again after half a lap, it is frustrating, to say the least.

That being said, I also have to admit that when I am in the front or in the thick of things early on, I sometimes lose control and put myself into last all on my lonesome.

While neither result is fun, I can do something about one of them to improve, I guess.

Remember all, Twin Ring Motegi is available this week to pick :)

As a reminder to who ever is picking tracks this week, Twin Ring Motegi is up for grabs, and its 3 layouts. From what's been said here in the past, many can't wait to run it. It is your pick, so you choose what ever you would like, Im just pointing out that's its available =)

Back