Nurburging Tuner Challenge - Results & Prizes Announced! Page 19

• Thread starter JackWilson
  • 390 comments
Thanks Mike great stuff as always!👍👍
If I can ever kick this summer flu bug I'll see about fixing the Celica.
Turn in on the stock car is almost worse than non existent and getting the car to both rotate and grip seems to be the biggest challenge for it. Seemed like every time I got it to rotate quicker it got very floaty and didn't want to grip mid corner. Still I'm pretty sure I can find at least another 5 seconds with a better tune for it. Still won't be a world beater like the Lotus but better for those that like being different.:lol:
Out of curiosity how was the gearing? I set it up for max acceleration on Route X so interested in if it needs serious work for the ring.:odd:

The gearing was good XDesperado, it was well suited for the track. :)
Tuning that car was a big challenge as well. :)

For the Elise and HSC, the HSC can do better laptime but it need a very technical driving, on a race where you cannot really focus on the exact line i think they are both really close.

Praiano, i hope you'll get back behind the wheel soon mate! 👍

I…was correct? WOO YEA!!! :lol: Last ftw. But seriously though, 9/10 for the drive? You had that much fun, eh? Well, I suppose I can take that, screw the lap times. :lol: Thanks for your time, Mike. :D

…now, I've got to wait for my PS3 to get back to rebuild the damn thing……

lol yeah to me it worth 9/10, the oversteer on corner exit was really nice and controllable. :)

Onboy, your Garaiya is tons of fun to drive, it's going to rank highly with me too. It's just too bad it got so screwed by PD's PP system.

Shame we ain't got no driver's choice pick thing this time…ah well. It's good enough that you lot enjoyed it.

Mike…mind showing me just how much fun you had with the Garaiya on your lap? :P Replay please. :D

Here are my results using a DS3 no assistance (ABS1) - Updated Version with videos! :D

10th
Car: Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec R32
Tuner: LineR32
Time: 7:36.991
Rating: 8.8/10
Feedback: Perfectly balanced, really smooth handling & very easy to control. Awesome job 👍

9th
Car: Subaru Impreza Coupe WRX STI Ver VI
Tuner: NEWDRIVER2
Time: 7:34.644
Rating: 6/10
Feedback: The gearing is good, but I'd lower 6th gear just a little for a faster climb. The handling is somewhat weird, It's as if the car is driving you instead of you driving it. It's a bit unstable, understeer & oversteer can be all experienced in a single corner. Also the brakes are a little too weak for my taste, 7/6 would have been a little better in my opinion. But I managed to get a good clean lap :)

8th
Car: Toyota Celica GT-Four (ST205)
Tuner: XDesperado67
Time: 7:32.342
Rating: 7.4/10
Feedback: The Celicas biggest problem is it's nasty corner entry understeer, don't get me wrong. It's fun to drive, has a lot potential to give and it kind of grows on you every time you take it out for a drive. It's kind like an underdog, everyone loves one. The gearing is great, descent top speed and pulls quite nicely. Well done! :)

7th
Car: Autobacs Garaiya
Tuner: Onboy123
Time: 7:31.417
Rating: 8.3/10
Feedback: The Garaiya is an awesome car to drive, much like the Elise 111R. But if you push it too far the Garaiya will hit back. Therefore you have to time everything just right, the breaking, acceleration, corner angles, etc. Good gearing and handling, overall a fun little car to blast around Nurburgring.

6th
Car: Shelby Series-One S/C
Tuner: trackripper123
Time: 7:27.787
Rating: 7.5/10
Feedback: Nicely balanced for a muscle car, great handling and speed. Had a lot of fun blasting this around Nurburgring. Overall a really nice tune, very nice!

5th
Car: Mazda RX-8 Type S
Tuner: SolidSnake7735
Time: 7:25.817
Rating: 6.8/10
Feedback: The more aggressive you drive, the harder it bites. The car has some understeer & oversteer, but as I said above the more aggressively you push it the more it understeers and oversteers. The key is keeping a medium pace, gearing is ok, but could use some adjustments to full use the power.

4th
Car: BMW M3 GTR
Tuner: HaylRayzor
Time: 7:25.298
Rating: 7.5/10
Feedback: The car feels light and easy to control, able of hitting every apex. But the car has a devil within, push it too hard and it will bite you. Gearing is good, overall it's a great tune.

3rd
Car: BMW M3 CSL
Tuner: robrabbitman
Time: 7:23.365
Rating: 8.6/10
Feedback: Same as the M3 GTR, but this CSL is more of an angel. You can push it as hard as you like and it won't bite your head off. Really fun car, great tune! Awesome job!

2nd
Car: Lotus Elise 111R
Tuner: Krenkme
Time: 7:21.958
Rating: 10/10
Feedback: This Elise 111R is like a little F1 rocket, not particularly fast on the straights, but through the corners it's a bullet. It's really easy to drive and control, really fun and fast car. Amazing job!

1st
Car: Honda HSC
Tuner: Praiano
Time: 7:21.248
Rating: 8.7/10
Feedback: The car is all about cutting edge performance. The little understeer is used to come out of every corner at lightning speeds. Gearing is well suited. It takes a great driver to unleash the true potential of it. Great work!

Last edited:
Shame we ain't got no driver's choice pick thing this time…ah well. It's good enough that you lot enjoyed it.

Mike…mind showing me just how much fun you had with the Garaiya on your lap? :P Replay please. :D

I will get a replay during the week no problem :)

Maybe Malydiabel can upload one he even beaten my time :)

WOW guys!!! I set out to make a fun drive, and you testers turned it into a track monster. Great replay mike 👍. Mind if I post that in my garage? (If/when I return home :grumpy: ) It seems I may have to use this tune as a staple of Clueless Tunes, instead of the Beat :lol:

Thanks again :dopey:

WOW guys!!! I set out to make a fun drive, and you testers turned it into a track monster. Great replay mike 👍. Mind if I post that in my garage? (If/when I return home :grumpy: ) It seems I may have to use this tune as a staple of Clueless Tunes, instead of the Beat :lol:

Thanks again :dopey:

I dont mind, go ahead :) its a nice tune 👍

Jesus you guys. I was barely posting 7:35's and you guys blew me out of the water :lol:
My car was hastily released when I should have spent more time on improving it. Glad to see I'm posting 3rd place so far. :D

Thank you Mike its more than my time so iam happey with that but for the car drive i use DS3 not wheel and iam still new in tunes car so iam learning thanks mate .

Consistent 5th after the Elise, HSC and the two M3's? I'm happy. :lol:

Thanks to both testers so far, my fastest was barely a 7.45, so much much improved there. :)

Thanks Malydiabel for your results 👍

And them times are unbelievable almost 20 seconds quicker than my pb so far. Well done guys.

Malydiabel, would you mind posting video of the Garaiya, i will post the HSC soon. :)

Nice laps with a pad.

Thank you s2k2k3 👍,but due to not owning a wheel I can't really give much feedback on how each car behaved :grumpy:

Malydiblo it good time and this almost same my time 7:34:230 so thanks mate .

No problem :D, it was a blast to try out different tuners cars on the ring 👍

Thanks Malydiabel for your results 👍

And them times are unbelievable almost 20 seconds quicker than my pb so far. Well done guys.

It was my pleasure Jack :)

Malydiabel, would you mind posting video of the Garaiya, i will post the HSC soon. :)

Sure, but I'm going to have to do a re-run (Forgot to save the replays:() so the video time might be a little faster/ slower 👍

Who said you needed a wheel to give feedback? You just need o give an idea of how you found the thing behaved, and that's it!

Who said you needed a wheel to give feedback? You just need o give an idea of how you found the thing behaved, and that's it!

With a pad you can't feel how the car is behaving, so it's irelevant. All I can say is that some cars had understeer, some oversteer & some a bit of both.

With a pad you can't feel how the car is behaving, so it's relevant. All I can say is that some cars had understeer, some oversteer & some a bit of both.

Hey, I drive with a DS3 as well, so I know what you're on about, but what you talk about is pretty much what we're after. The stuff on steering response and acceleration is all just subjective, if when you turn into a corner, you feel like the car is not really doing as you want and still going straight, then its steering is lacking response, etc. It's easy, really. The hardest part is driving quick. :P

Onboy123

No one said i think if you use wheel its more faster time than DS3 but for the car drivable its deffernt between the two as if its slide in DS3 i think it will more slide lose her tail in the corners with the wheel and if its understeer in DS3 it will more understeer when use wheel .that what i see my car between two drivers using deffernt ( wheel or DS3 ). Maybe just saying correct me if iam wrong thanks .

Hey, I drive with a DS3 as well, so I know what you're on about, but what you talk about is pretty much what we're after. The stuff on steering response and acceleration is all just subjective, if when you turn into a corner, you feel like the car is not really doing as you want and still going straight, then its steering is lacking response, etc. It's easy, really. The hardest part is driving quick. :P

I'll write up something for each car 👍

I managed to take a picture of some lap time before needing to clear the ranking for the others, here they are. Not really useful now since I'm re-running all of them :dopey:

Picture-2.jpg

The write up needn't be a masterpiece or be as long as the bible, but as long as you feel you've got the main points down on the cars, the length doesn't matter. 👍

Thanks again for the great drive and kind review Mal.👍👍
Watching the video it looks like the suspension is handling the bumps and curbs pretty well which is what I wanted it to do. Will definitely have to see about ridding it of the understeer and getting better turn in on it.:drool:

Back