Nurburging Tuner Challenge - Results & Prizes Announced! Page 19

• Thread starter JackWilson
  • 390 comments
Well done Malydiabel :) although i would have liked to see a view from the driver with the hud ''on''.

Heres Praiano's HSC run:

Well done Malydiabel :) although i would have liked to see a view from the driver with the hud ''on''.

Heres Praiano's HSC run:

You're the boss...:):). Great lap my friend.
Didn't know i were a drift tuner :scared::scared:

Have a good day.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Malydiabel, with your new updated results you have posted there are some car's which you have posted slower times than you original results. Your original times are posted here.

Can you please explain this because I have to take the fastest times you posted.
Cheers

The original times were invalidated by Mal himself, since he decided to redo all his tests with ghost replays as he didn't save any replays the first time round.

The original times were invalidated by Mal himself, since he decided to redo all his tests with ghost replays as he didn't save any replays the first time round.

Invalidated for what reason? If they were valid laps, what makes them invalid laps? :confused:

His own judgment. :P That, and because he didn't save the replays for any of the first laps, so he couldn't post the exact laps that he did. Or something like that.

His own judgment. :P That, and because he didn't save the replays for any of the first laps, so he couldn't post the exact laps that he did. Or something like that.

Your 100% right :D. My game capture device wasn't connected at the time during the first runs, so I re-done them while trying to maintain equal pace for all runs 👍

Quick question Malydiabel did you use any aids in your testing? I have reason to believe that you used SRF.

I failed to mention if SRF was allowed or not in the OP.
I would of preferred it to not have been used and I think the tuners would also have liked it not to have been used.

If you could say if it was or wasn't would be much appreciated, thanks 👍

Hmm&#8230;what particular reason or instance can you suspect his use of SRF? That he was faster than our Mike of the 'Ring with a DS3, or was it the behaviour of certain cars he drove not matching to yours?

I think he did say in his post "no aids apart from ABS:1"&#8230;I think.

Quick question Malydiabel did you use any aids in your testing? I have reason to believe that you used SRF.

I failed to mention if SRF was allowed or not in the OP.
I would of preferred it to not have been used and I think the tuners would also have liked it not to have been used.

If you could say if it was or wasn't would be much appreciated, thanks 👍

Nope, all aids were off during tests. Apart from ABS which was on 1, currently trying to have ABS off :scared::nervous::lol: Just used the same technique as I did in GT Academy :dopey:

Hmm&#8230;what particular reason or instance can you suspect his use of SRF? That he was faster than our Mike of the 'Ring with a DS3, or was it the behaviour of certain cars he drove not matching to yours?

I think he did say in his post "no aids apart from ABS:1"&#8230;I think.

The behaviour of the car.

Nope, all aids were off during tests. Apart from ABS which was on 1, currently trying to have ABS off :scared::nervous::lol: Just used the same technique as I did in GT Academy :dopey:
Ok mate no worries.

I still need SolidSnake to accept my FR, and s2k2k3/newdriver2 to accept now that their psn has been updated in the OP.

Need to meet Mike in an online room and have fun together racing a few Nordschleife laps without tire wear. Do you have him on your friend list ?? Then post the replay for everybody enjoy this great moment.:)
DS3 against wheel.:nervous:

Have a good night .

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

I am the one who mentionned it look like SRF is used :ill:, not in a negative way though :D, not to blame anyone, or to punish, just to ask if it should be mentionned at least for anyone to make things fair.
i have absolutly no problem being beaten by anyone even if SRF is used, :) when that happen i try to learn from it and improve.

What happened is i watched the replay of the Garaiya again because something didnt looked ''right'' to me, more like i couldnt see how i can make the car handle as smooth braking so late and accelerating that early, couldnt nail it since its hard to see the line used without driver view.
I was curious how he could shave 1.5 seconds off my time, wich was still at a decent pace i think.

Then at 4:17 on the Garaiya replay, the curve before the Karoussel you enter the curve and keep left with a nice slide turning right, not a lot but just enought, then snap the throttle very early in the curve in 2nd gear, you then just release briefly then punch again with the car keeping its line steady no sign of unbalance.

At this time i was just trying to see how you could do it and may be learn something new, i tested this a lot yesterday, i could somewhat come close 1 time out of 5 but i still had to counter steer and it was visible in the replay, and i cant ''punch'' the throttle like that as early otherwise it start to drift, unless i very quickly counter steer, and the way the power on the ground is spread is very different than on your video.

then i tried the SRF just to see what would be the effect, and the car felt exactly like in your video, i could do the same line and accelerate as early. Even the HSC, i couldnt apply throttle like you did, i had to go slowly.

Theres no problem in using it, but i think its not bad to admit it if that happened, for me i dont mind, you can keep the time you posted and you can even try to beat the others i will not redo mine, i do it for testing cars and share comments about them. :)

I thought you may had forgot about it or didnt know about it,

in case you would want to prove it, you can do a live lap with your camera showing the options at ''off'' right before you do your lap, this way it will be visible if the car react the same way with it ''off'', if you can end within 1.5 second of your lap, i will admit i was wrong, wich is okay with me. :D

either way i am not telling you to prove anything or to remove your time, i just stated that to me SRF seemed used, and asked Jack if he thought it should be posted by the tester if that is used to make things ''fair'' for those that want to compare their time without it. :)

Didnt wanted to start anything :scared:

I still need SolidSnake to accept my FR, and s2k2k3/newdriver2 to accept now that their psn has been updated in the OP.

Dom i can put the RX-8 on share if you want. :)

I am the one who mentionned it look like SRF is used :ill:

I have often thought that the game helps pad users by "smoothing" their control inputs. From watching the replays of pad drivers I have noticed that they make large sudden changes in control inputs that would send me spinning and it works for them.

I could be completely full of... imagination.

On car with downforce and good tires you can throw the car and it will work, but for the Garaiya you have to countersteer, its like driving on ice when you push that much.

like i said i dont bother with the fact he used it or not, just thought it would be more fair for everyone wanting to compare their time with his laptime to know he used it.

And im not doubting about his skills, even if its an SRF laptime it is still good. Again if im proved wrong its okay with me :D i dont want to make a drama out of this.

I received no FR. And when I tried to add you it said you have reached your maximum number of friends.

Newdriver sent me a fr tonight, accepted.

I have often thought that the game helps pad users by "smoothing" their control inputs. From watching the replays of pad drivers I have noticed that they make large sudden changes in control inputs that would send me spinning and it works for them.

I could be completely full of... imagination.
There are wickedly fast DS3 users that have left me looking stupid, certainly. DS3 users that can even beat Mike_GT3 around the 'Ring, but probably less than a couple dozen on the planet.

I received no FR. And when I tried to add you it said you have reached your maximum number of friends.
GTP_CSL is usually full, CSLACR has lots of room left.(Made it just to be able to continue these shootouts)
Plus, the first time I checked it just had 2sk2k3 listed in the OP, so I have a pending FR to....someone.:lol: I'll send another tonight if I don't forget.

Dom i can put the RX-8 on share if you want. :)
That would be superb.👍

With a pad you can't feel how the car is behaving, so it's irelevant. All I can say is that some cars had understeer, some oversteer & some a bit of both.
I haven't seen the replay in question, and I'm not commenting on that, but this statement here is about as untrue as they come.

Plus, the first time I checked it just had 2sk2k3 listed in the OP, so I have a pending FR to....someone.:lol: I'll send another tonight if I don't forget.

You sent a request to my old psn account that I can't get into any more. And since that account is dead I'm changing my user name to HaylRayzor as soon as I can figure out how. :lol:

OK figured it out. Should be changed shortly.

Last edited:
I will put the RX-8 on share when i'll get back from work tonight :)

And yes there are im sure faster driver than me with a DS3, one of the quickest i see is someone called ''moudamekamo'' not sure of spelling... on the ring i have to work hard to beat him.

Heres a little video i made for fun to show what i am talking about, i tried to show the wheel to really see how sensitive the car is, then theres a little fun with the Garaiya:dopey:, nothing crazy i didnt really praticed to get a more intense run, sorry for poor quality, i had to convert to .mov video to read in movie maker...

You say "nothing crazy"&#8230;but you then go and drift, through Flugplatz, at a speed which would have sent any of us flying into barriers, and then dust it off like nothing. :lol: You insane man. The Collin Mcrae of Tarmac. :lol:

Anyway, you looked like you were working quite hard there, I heard some furniture break when you were fighting the car. Now, where's the video of the proper lap? :P

I will put the RX-8 on share when i'll get back from work tonight :)

And yes there are im sure faster driver than me with a DS3, one of the quickest i see is someone called ''moudamekamo'' not sure of spelling... on the ring i have to work hard to beat him.

Heres a little video i made for fun to show what i am talking about, i tried to show the wheel to really see how sensitive the car is, then theres a little fun with the Garaiya:dopey:, nothing crazy i didnt really praticed to get a more intense run, sorry for poor quality, i had to convert to .mov video to read in movie maker...

Great footage mike 👍 I have a question about the G27 (I'm planning on getting either the G27 or the thrustmaster T500 RS with stick shift) but I'd probably go with G27 as it's around £170 cheeper :lol: I just wanted to know how close it feels to a real car :) Thanks! 👍

I haven't seen the replay in question, and I'm not commenting on that, but this statement here is about as untrue as they come.

Technically, you can't really feel the car using DS3. There's no force feedback :lol: (Rumble just doesn't cut it). But yeah, I've already wrote my reviews for each car :D

Sorry for double post, using my mobile phone :(

Great footage mike 👍 I have a question about the G27 (I'm planning on getting either the G27 or the thrustmaster T500 RS with stick shift) but I'd probably go with G27 as it's around £170 cheeper :lol: I just wanted to know how close it feels to a real car :) Thanks! 👍

Thx, i havent tried other wheels but to me it feels realistic and i can anticipate somehow what will happen like you can see a little in the video when i touched the grass. :)

Back