Nurburging Tuner Challenge - Results & Prizes Announced! Page 19

• Thread starter JackWilson
  • 390 comments
Not quite the best car for the ring. I think it's a bit too light and gets thrown around too much, but fun to try and stay ahead of the ghost nonetheless. Would have been just under 8min, but I lost it right before the first 2nd gear turn before the finish and the grass killed it

Yea, 800kg isn't a lot, certainly not enough to keep it pinned down in some areas of the track. It's good that you managed to find it fun, since pace is where it always disappoints. Hopefully you didn't have to work all that hard getting it around the track, it looked like quite a handful from the videos posted. :lol:

Thanks for taking the time to test it. 👍

Shelby Series One Super-Charged {9} '03 8:00.145
trackripper123

Right up there with the M3 CSL, but I wanted to keep this one out longer. One more lap, just one more lap, then I'm done! Didn't get the time I wanted (sub-8) because I'd always push it too hard and go off track somewhere. Got a lot of false indication with this one too. "2nd gear here" .....NO! 4th!!! And all the gas!

The limits with the Shelby come fairly quickly actually, but you can feel them very early allowing you to adjust. That said, I can understand you pushing it too hard, when I was testing myself I never got a clean lap. :lol:
Great to know it worked well for you, thanks for the feedback. 👍 :)

I'm not going to make it, sorry.
I got through some cars and I can post some incomplete results later for anyone interested.

My results are below. Thanks to the tuners for some great rides. I really enjoyed almost all of the cars, and I always love the 'Ring.

I am amazed at the times turned in by mike_gt3 and some of you guys. I'm not sure I can ever be that fast, but I'll continue trying to improve.

Thanks Jack for putting this together

1st
Tuner Krenkme - Lotus Elise 111R '04
Fastest Lap - 07:38.242
Rating - 9.5/10

Comments: This was my fastest lap and by far my favorite car. What a joy to drive! An amazing ride! I immediately went out and bought another Elise for my garage and put this tune on it. The cornering and handling of this car were perfect. With such great handling with a little more power it would have been unbeatable.

2nd
Tuner Praiano - Honda HSC '03
Fastest lap - 07:38.661
Rating - 8/10

Comments: This car was definitely fast and powerful, but a handful to drive. Praiano, you are definitely the tune master and I generally love all your tunes, but I wish this car were just a little more stable. Maybe this tune just requires a better driver than I am :) I did very much enjoy the car, but because I wiped out so many times if I was just barely off my line I couldn't give it a higher score, even though I was able to turn in a couple of fast laps.

3rd
Tuner Robrabbitman - BMW M3 CSL '03
Fastest lap - 07:41.171
Rating - 8.5/10

Comments: I'm a huge fan of BMW and especially the M3 CSL. This car corners like it's on rails! Not quite as fun as the Elise to drive but very enjoyable and easy to handle. I felt the suspension to be just a little stiff at times, but this is more personal preference than anythying.

4th
Tuner S2k2k3/HaylRazor - BMW GTR '03 ''Razer''
Fastest lap - 07:42.589
Rating - 9/10

I really enjoyed both the BMW tunes in this shootout, but this one just a little more. Even though it was just a tad slower (for me), I enjoyed the feel and handling of this one a bit more. No complaints, a great ride.

5th
Tuner LineR32 - Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec II R32 '94
Fastest lap - 07:42.842
Rating - 8/10

Comments: I found this car very easy to drive with great balance. No complaints, a fine ride, not quite as enjoyable as the Elise and the BMWs

6th
Tuner trackripper123 - Shelby Series one Super-Charged '03
Fastest lap - 07:44.810
Rating - 7.5/10

Comments: Love the sound of this car! Overall a fun and easy car to drive. My only complaint is that the suspension felt a bit "spongy". I don't know how better to desribe it, but if it were a little tighter I think I could have recorded a better time

7th
Tuner NEWDRIVER2 - Subaru Impreza Coupe WRX STI Version VI '99
Fastest lap - 07:48.079
Rating - 7.5/10

Comments: I always enjoy the Imprezas. From a handling perspective I really had no complaints about this car, it was very easy to drive and control. It just was underpowered compared to the rest of the field

8th
SolidSnake7735 - Mazda RX-8 Type-S '08
Fastest lap - 07:48.159
Rating - 6/10

Comments: This car was very frustrating. It took me quite a while to get used to it. It simply didn't feel like an RX-8. I expect RX-7/8 to have a bit of oversteer and generally glide around the course. This was just the opposite. Lots of understeer. Althought the power seemed good, this resulted in having to enter corners much more slowly and drive too conservatively to have either a good time or an enjoyable drive. Maybe this just didn't fit my style.

9th
Tuner Onboy123 - Autobacs Garaiya '00
Fastest lap - 07:48.319
Rating - 8/10

Comments: This car was very fun to drive! I loved the handling, maybe just a little oversteer but didn't take much to get used to. It felt very similar to the Elise. It was simply underpowered. Not sure if that was the car or the tune but that's what kept it from getting a higher rating

10th
Tuner XDesperado67 - Toyota Celica GT-FOUR (ST205) '98, "N400 Edition"
Fastest lap - 07:51.519
Rating - 6/10

Comments: This car was also very frustrating. The significant understeer on corner entry kind of ruined it for me and was very hard to get used to. The car also felt very "heavy", I'm not sure if this was due to underpowered brakes or the corner entry understeer, but it contributed to the slow lap time.

Well done luv2drive :)

With more practice you will improve, some cars need more time to really find what work and what not.

My results are below. Thanks to the tuners for some great rides. I really enjoyed almost all of the cars, and I always love the 'Ring.

I am amazed at the times turned in by mike_gt3 and some of you guys. I'm not sure I can ever be that fast, but I'll continue trying to improve.

Thanks Jack for putting this together

2nd
Tuner Praiano - Honda HSC '03
Fastest lap - 07:38.661
Rating - 8/10

Comments: This car was definitely fast and powerful, but a handful to drive. Praiano, you are definitely the tune master and I generally love all your tunes, but I wish this car were just a little more stable. Maybe this tune just requires a better driver than I am :) I did very much enjoy the car, but because I wiped out so many times if I was just barely off my line I couldn't give it a higher score, even though I was able to turn in a couple of fast laps.

Thanks my friend. I'm happy again to see my car there without testing it. It was tuned to be sharp with sport soft tires, so i think it's not too bad if it's still "drivable":scared:.
Well done. Have a good day.

luv2drive

7th
Tuner NEWDRIVER2 - Subaru Impreza Coupe WRX STI Version VI '99
Fastest lap - 07:48.079
Rating - 7.5/10

Comments: I always enjoy the Imprezas. From a handling perspective I really had no complaints about this car, it was very easy to drive and control. It just was underpowered compared to the rest of the field

Thanks Lu2drive good that i see you enjoy my ride that's what i want 👍

I will gather all the results together and work out who place where shortly.

Big thanks to all those who took part, especially the testers for putting in the time, I never seem to be able to commit myself to such a task. Because of that, all testers who managed to submit complete results will receive a bonus prize.

Was a fun shootout, thanks for hosting it Jack! I realize a lot of tuners probably enjoy experimenting with some of the more obscure cars for shootouts (especially since the game is a few years old now) but a practical shootout like this one is very appealing to someone like me who tends to drive a lot more than tune.

My one regret is that there weren't more cars to try. Actually I don't regret it, 10 was plenty for the 'Ring, I would've burned out. :lol: But I wouldn't mind seeing a part 2 someday where the cars entered in this round were prohibited to get fresh set of contenders. Some obvious choices were missing this time around and I would've liked to see how they measured up, as well as some other unlikely contenders.

Regardless of score, I enjoyed driving every car. A good range of cars and tunes, all requiring different driving styles. 👍

Well I do plan to host a part 2, probably with different car specs though.

Thanks for your results smrtb0mb and I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Thanks my friend. I'm happy again to see my car there without testing it. It was tuned to be sharp with sport soft tires, so i think it's not too bad if it's still "drivable":scared:.
Well done. Have a good day.

You know that's very interesting. I'll be very curious to see how it does with SS tires. I bet that makes a significant difference. I'll try that out tonight and let you know :)

Thank you to all testers. This car has been a favorite of mine for a while, and it looks like it may be for others as well. :cheers: Great job and thanks again. :dopey:

Also great job to all tuners for a close competition. 👍

You know that's very interesting. I'll be very curious to see how it does with SS tires. I bet that makes a significant difference. I'll try that out tonight and let you know :)

My tune also started off as a sport soft tune. I did tweak it for hard tires but the car still loves the SS tires. Now that the challenge is over I'm putting the SS back on forever! :D

NurburgringFinalResults.png

Easier to view here.

**Prizes**
Krenkme - Any car worth up to 1,000,000cr
Praiano63 - Lamborghini NOMAD Diablo GT-1 '00
robrabbitman - Any car worth up to 500,000cr

mike_gt3 - Any car worth up to 1,000,000cr
smrtb0mb - Any car worth up to 1,000,000cr
Malydiabel - Any car worth up to 1,000,000cr
jtqmopar - Any car worth up to 1,000,000cr
Luv2drive - Any car worth up to 1,000,000cr

Last edited:
Very happy with my results,close finish, nice shootout. Congratulation to everybody testers ,tuners ,especially to Clueless Mr Krenkme, i was already a fan of his 111R since the touge shootout. So much fan that i've asked him to give me this car with his tune as a prize car after the shootout. I still have it in my garage as one of my favorite.
As prize car for this one , i would like a Lamborghini NOMAD Diablo GT-1 '00 ,i pretend to work hard on this car when i'll be back in the game.

Thanks, have a nice day everybody

I'm pleased to get such high driver ratings.

Thanks again to the testers. These things only work if people are willing to put in the time and effort to test. 👍

Great shootout 9th good for me and 7.8 also good as i am NEW here and in tune and also there is tuneres with me perfect in tune cars from long time so thanks for the testers good job tuners and thanks Jack 👍

Last edited:
I've decided I really dislike averages.:crazy: I mean only one driver had my car last for time yet my "average" was the slowest.:odd::lol:

Great job everyone and thanks for putting up with my understeering mess and delivering some great laps in it.👍👍

Great shootout everyone. Very close battle with all tunes/tuners, and amazing driving by the testers. Thank you to the testers for saying such kind words about my tune and to Praiano for a close finish and also liking the tune too :cheers:

A big thank you to my former boss and fellow tuner, Jack, for hosting this shootout. Great job :cheers:

As for a car.... any Viper will be fine :sly::lol::dopey:

Ooh presents! Hmmm, since it just doesn't seem to be showing up in the UCD for my GTP_ account, an M3 GTR would be nice, in stock form without engine overhaul would be great. Don't worry about that last part if that makes it a pain. Alternately, a Ford GT No Stripe would do just as well. :)

This shootout was great fun, absolutely loved test driving & then putting all the cars through their paces on Nordschleife. Thanks for hosting this Jack & Congratulation to all the tuners/ testers for their hard work! Great results!

Even if I didn't do…any driving…at all during this shootout, I have to say, it's definitely a good one. I'm surprised a guess tune worked so well for fun factor…now, time to screw some more speed out of that thing, I guess. Thanks for all the time, testers. 👍

Wow, 3rd overall. Not bad for my first shootout.
And again, great job to all of the testers and tuners. You all worked hard to make this a close and fun competition.

As for my prize, I'd like the 370Z Tuned Car (GT Academy Version) '08 if that's at all possible. If not, I can choose something else. (Though, it doesn't really have a price tag..)

Wow, 3rd overall. Not bad for my first shootout.
And again, great job to all of the testers and tuners. You all worked hard to make this a close and fun competition.

As for my prize, I'd like the 370Z Tuned Car (GT Academy Version) '08 if that's at all possible. If not, I can choose something else. (Though, it doesn't really have a price tag..)

Thank you for participating and well done for your first shootout, I haven't tried your CSL tune yet but will as soon as I can. And as for the 370z is the the one from a whlie back as is it from the latest GT Academy?

It was good fun driving all the cars, thx for posting them :)

Thank you for participating and well done for your first shootout, I haven't tried your CSL tune yet but will as soon as I can. And as for the 370z is the the one from a whlie back as is it from the latest GT Academy?

Thank you very much. And I was referring to the older model from a car ticket.

Back