Ronalds Reviews (current: Praianos' AMG)

• Thread starter Ronald6
  • 198 comments
Hey Ronald, here is a rally tune for the Mitsubishi Pajero Evolution Rally Raid Car '03. It might me '02, but I don't think so. Tuned on dirt tires at Eiger Nordwand K Trail. Like all my tunes, transmission was left stock. Have a good day.
Venom Labs Directory Link

@GamerDog: Your review is on page 2. I'm almost done with it and should be able to finish it tonight, family willing.

-----
Edit: GamerDogs' "Red Bull" review is complete. Some day soon I will take the Bull and its Modded brother out to a track where it can properly stretch its legs.

DigitalBakas' '69 Vet (premium) is up next. It will be a long form review and if ACSR421s' Vet has similar numbers then I will do a dueling review. One Base Model review, two Modded Models, and two Tuned versions.

Base Model:
290hp, 1552kg, 451pp @ 0.0 miles.

DigitalBaka Tuned:
352hp, 1257kg, 500pp (posted stats)

ACSR421 Tuned:
373hp, 1280kg, 500pp @ 470.6 (condition unknown, numbers taken from gifted car)

At least the pp are equal.

They were both in the Rustbuckets on the Riviera shootout that Clueless hosted so they should be pretty close. It will be interesting to see if your results are the same as they were for the other testers in that event. :sly:

I remember he opted for a 4-speed authentic muscle car trans where I went with 5. And of course the slight power and weight difference. Mine has been a "go to" for a lot of the 500PP seasonals and is a pretty consistent performer in my hands. :) Eager to see how you find these two.

Last edited:
DigitalBaka & ACSR421 / Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (C3) '69
DB:https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6482267#post6482267
ACSR: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6481211#post6481211

Stage 1: Base Model
290hp, 1552kg, 451pp @ 0.0 miles (no maintenance)
Since this will be the same car I transform into DigitalBakas' tune I already painted it (Honda) Nurburgring Blue Metallic w/ Dark Blue Mica Metallic custom wheels. (To the best of my knowledge changing to custom wheels has no effect in performance.)

Standard setup,
Comfort Soft Tyres

Trial Mountain (Reverse): 1:48.432
Very comfortable to sport in. If you work with the soft suspension it's alot of fun.
The tail can get over exuberant very quickly and violently. And even if you do catch the sudden swing out of the tail the retaliation as the soft suspension tries to catch the weight can be devastating.
Be aware of just how far the back tyres can be pushed (keep in mind that the CS tyres cannot take alot of continues heat through a single corner or tight complex, give them time to cool down) and keep it just below that.
The gearing is long but the engine has more than enough power to overpower the tyres, almost, on demand.
Breaking is fine, perhaps great. Breaking produces noticeable under-steer. But the break lift-off on entrance produces very predictable over-steer.
Be smooth, patient. Push upwards to the cars limit. Break early and use the attitude adjustment break lift-off provides to power through the tighter corners.
The tyres are lasting at least eleven laps. Not bad for softs. Alot of the unpredictability goes away as both the front and back tyres heat to a nice, steady blue-white.

Deep Forest: 1:34.678
Don't push till the tyres heat up evenly and it's enjoyable.
The break and throttle steering make the long and sweeping corners (like the first one) easy to navigate and adjust mid-corner.
The camber and elevation changes don't disturb the cars attitude unduly. After the tyres heat almost every over-rotation due to camber/elevation changes was fairly easy to correct, even if it cost me a hot lap.
Powering through a low angle corner produces slight under-steer, which throttle steering easily corrects when needed.

Autumn Ring: 1:34.263
Good fun.
The breaks are excellent for comforts, as proved by the first corner and the downhill-U-downhill. Not only is the stopping distance good the control while trail breaking is very good.
The slalom is relatively easy, the car doesn't seem to have a problem keeping up with the weight shifts despite the soft suspension.
The longer corners are nice. Turn in is somewhat sharp and the break/throttle steering make mid- and corner exits easy to adjust.
If you choose to steer more with the wheel than the pedals you can. Feedback is good and the front tyres will accept a large turning input and still produce a change in rotation. Unlike many cars which only accept steering inputs up to a small degree and after that point won't respond to and more steering inputs.

Cape Ring: 3:13:044
Excellent balance between low, mid and, somewhat, high speed cornering.
Again the cars ability to break/throttle steer makes it very comfortable and easy to control.
The car gets unpredictable very quickly when pushed to the limit. So stay just under the limit. After this many laps its fairly easy now to work upwards nudging against the limit.

Autodromo Nazionale Monza (No Chicane): 1:09.014
I'm testing on this track more to familiarize myself with it than to test the car.
The long straights make me wish I had more than four gears and a top speed of 135mph.
High speed cornering is easy once you get the breaking points down. Be smooth with the break and try not to trail-break too much, stay on the throttle as much as you can.
Don't rush the entrances to the S-complexes, you'll only upset the cars balance.

Sports Soft Tyres:
I made the mistake of Modding DBs Vet before I tested the Base Model on SS tyres. So I got a fresh vehicle.

Trial Mountain (Reverse): 1:41.244
Much better feel for where the limit is and despite the increase in speed it's easier to recover from a near spin.
The suspension doesn't seem to have a problem keeping up with the cambered and elevation changing corners.

Deep Forest: 1:28.124
Not any mentionable improvement except all around better grip. Again the cambered and elevation changing corners didn't upset the car unduly.

Autumn Ring: 1:27.190
Might as well be lapping on Racing tyres. The excessive grip is much more than this car needs. I won't bother testing the Base Model on SS anymore. Just assume a better time.

Last edited:

Stage 2a: Modded Model: DigitalBaka
347hp, 1257kg, 500pp @ 99.2 miles (no maintenance)
All parts added from DBs tune except custom LSD and 5 speed Tranny.
Sports Soft Tyres

Trial Mountain (Reverse): 1:37.308
Even with the extra power and weight loss the SS tyres feel too grippy. Once they heat up there's almost no chance for loss of control. On CS tyres controlling over-steer was the problem, on SS you're pushing the front end through instead.
If the car is at the limit some of the small humps can be devastating.
The line between hot lapping and sporting around is minimal. It's all fun till it's not.

Deep Forest: 1:24.015
Very stable. The cambered and elevation changing corners didn't upset the car unduly.
Even pushed beyond its limit it will calmly over- or under-rotate as it slides off track.
Most of my fine control still comes from pedal steering.

Autumn Ring: 1:24.260
Again the suspension has no problem keeping up with the slalom or the tight turns.
The sudden loss of traction is gone and the long corners are very forgiving. Unlike the comfort tyres, the sport tyres don't mind continuous heat and don't overheat as easily on the longer corners.
The gearing is very long for this track, even with only four gears.

Cape Ring (Full): 2:51.834
That's alot of fun. It's everything I like about the Base Model (pedal steering; response and feedback from the wheel from lock to lock; balance and stability), but without the snap over-steer (unless you do something very wrong).
Again the over grippy tyres make the car underpowered and produces under-steer unless situational over-steer is induced.

Monza (No Chicane): 1:56.799
I'm still new to this track so the time is probably slow.
This track felt better for this car than the others. I'm glad I added it to my list (thanks Despy). Because of the over grippy tyres on the longer corners the edge between under- and over-steer is thin. The longer corners, like the first, can be taken at full throttle using the wheel to both aim and bleed off excessive speed.

Sport Hard Tyres:
352hp, 1257kg, 502pp @ 175.0 miles (no maintenance)

The SS tyres were too grippy. And I realized that ACSRs tune was on SH.

Trial Mountain (Reverse): 1:41.988
Much better now. The SH tyres allow for quicker cornering and bring out the personality better than the CS (not enough heat absorption) and SS (too grippy).
Be careful, breaking causes under-steer, and this car under-steers on corner entry enough as it is. Break early and use the throttle to keep the weight back.
The car feels a little slow to respond to steering inputs, especially in a slalom.

Deep Forest: 1:27.428
The car doesn't seem too slow through the slaloms. It feels easier to manipulate the under- and over-steer when the car is close to its limit.
The cambered and elevation changing corners help setup over-steer without being too disturbing.

Autumn Ring: 1:29.859
I've experienced this one before but I can define it now: when heading into a long corner, like the first, as you exit the corner and uncoil the wheel the car still maintains its attitude and continues to rotate. Get used to minute throttle lift-offs, they go along way to adjusting the cars attitude.
Not much problem through the slaloms, perhaps a tad slow reacting to inputs.
The longer corners are easier than CS or SS. Heat soak is better than CS and the SH allow for more personality/attitude than the SS.

Cape Ring (Full): 3:00.246
My breaking problems from yesterday are gone. I'm going to chalk it up to a hardware problem and delete the irrelevant text.
Coming back to the car after a night and morning away makes it feel hyper-sensitive. The front has alot of under-steer and breaking only makes it worse. Throttle steering helps but up to about 70% power (on a "normal" corner) it only produces more under-steer as the rear pushes the already under-steering front. The power delivery is too slow to produce usable over-steer.
Plan your line far ahead. Turn in response is horribly slow, especially when the car is already turning the other way, such as a slalom.

Last edited:

Stage 2b: Modded Model: ACSR421
373hp, 1280kg, 500pp @ 470.6 miles (engine maintenance)
Lil' Ray looks sweet in Gold Metallic.

Sports Hard Tyres

I don't expect a large change in the handling from DBs Modded version and this one.

Trial Mountain (Reverse): 1:41.681
Feels touchier than DBs Modded version. The engine feels more responsive and will produce over-steer faster.
Besides that pretty much the same.

Deep Forest: 1:27.459
It's hard to keep a consistent line.
There's alot of under-steer on entry and the back end is very sensitive to the throttle. You'll be pushing through a corner just fine one moment and then wham, there goes your back-end and your lap.
Once it acquires attitude it doesn't want to release it, uncoiling isn't enough, pedal steering is called for also.
Feels like the ADHD version of DBs Modded version.

Autumn Ring: 1:28.689
The body rolls alot as it exits a corner, uncoil too quickly and you'll start to fishtail, or at least bog for a moment as the body roll hinders transfer of power to the tyres.
Again most of the steering is done with mostly pedal steering. Wheel inputs alone will only accomplish 20% of the turning potential.

Cape Ring (Full): 3:01.554
I don't feel comfortable pushing this car to the limit on this track. The body roll is so slow that complexes that wouldn't be connected in another car are connected in this car.
Directional changes (R to L or L to R) are slow and the pedal steering plays such a large part of controlling the car that it's difficult to use the throttle for acceleration.

All-in-all: almost identical to DBs Modded version but with just a hint more chaotic.

Last edited:

Stage 3a: Tuned Model: DigitalBaka
350hp, 1257kg, 500pp @ 231.8 miles (oil change)

The power limiter is needed to bring the 507pp and 370hp down to 500pp and, consequently, 350hp. Pl@ 94.5%

Sports Hard Tyres

Trial Mountain (Reverse): 1:41.002
So much better than the un-tuned versions.
There's alot less body sway. Which helps in many ways: turn in is much more precise and doesn't depend on pedal steering nearly as much; uncoiling isn't as hazardous and can be done much quicker and without fishtailing; slaloming isn't nearly as chancy as it was, directional changes are much more responsive and forgiving.
Tyre squeal isn't cause for alarm anymore. In the un-tuned versions if you heard the faintest squeak from the tyres it was time to back off or risk losing control immediately. Now it acts like it should, ranging properly through "squeak, squeal, screach," without passing directly from squeak to ahhhhh!
The Close Ratio 5 Speed Tranny gives much better throttle response, and therefore better control, in addition to the increase in HP.
The breaks are vastly improved and much more in harmony with throttle steering. Breaking isn't as destabilizing and is much less likely to disturb the cars attitude unduly.
Pushing the car to the limit is much less scary and more forgiving. Hot lapping is a blast and I'm pushing for every tenth.

Deep Forest: 1:27.011
The car still has a tendency to keep its attitude at the exit of a corner. It's not nearly as overbearing as the stage 1 and 2 models but it is still very noticeable.
The cars new stability through the corners is even more impressive with this tracks cambered and elevation changing corners. Instead of spinning out of control the car will calmly over-rotate as it slides off of the track.
Trail-breaking is much easier to predict and control. Transitioning from breaking to throttle is smooth and undisturbing.

Autumn Ring: 1:27.649
The faster I go the easier it is to rotate the car round the corners and through the slaloms.
The new suspension and gearing easily keep up with the tight track.
The rear tyres are easy to keep at a steady temperature through the loop even when pushed to the limit and held there.

Cape Ring (Full): 3:00.056
So much range of steering, I keep turning and it keeps responding. Wonderful.
Again the breaks feel very in balance with throttle control.
It's very easy, after a few laps, to go into a corner hot, trail-break to rotate the car and then throttle through the corner, maintaining attitude and a high angle, then uncoil just before the car hits the straight to rocket out. One of the very, very few cars that feels like it's faster through a corner drifting.

DigitalBakas' tune keeps the nature of the original Vet but made it more controllable and enjoyable.

Ending Mileage: 309.9

Last edited:

Stage 3b: Tuned Model: ACSR421 "Lil' Ray"
373hp, 1280kg, 500pp @ 525.9 miles (oil change {dude, how do you pour the oil in from down there?})

Trial Mountain: 1:39.804
First thing I notice is that the first moment of turn in is very responsive. But it takes more than a moment for the body roll to catch up.
The tyres need a lap to heat up before I can even begin sporting around. The car is very hard to control till the tyres heat up.
Holy cow, is this thing hyper sensitive to steering inputs. On most corners anything more than 15° will spin you out. Even the sharpest corner on the field doesn't need more than 60° even when sporting around.
It is easy to feel how DBs Vet was set up for a bit of push (under-steer) under throttle. Lil' Ray will have none of that. Any amount of throttle will rotate (over-steer) the car.
Entrances are more precise, if you can be smooth with the pedals. Mid-corner has more control provided by over-steer on demand. Corner exit is tricky, the car still likes to keep its attitude exiting and the car will not accept full throttle till long after the car is pointed in the correct direction.
Trail breaking is possible but the breaks are far out of harmony with the throttle. Break lo g before the corner, let the car ar settle, then accelerate to balance, then turn in.
Hot lapping is almost impossible and even sporting around is difficult. The car has too much dis-harmony, in the pedals and body roll, to be easy to push to the limit or even close. This car requires much more skill than I have. I'm trying to be smooth but I'm constantly making tiny adjustments as I decide between throttle for control and throttle for acceleration.

Deep Forest: 1:27.250
Just like on TrMtn the cars attitude is extremely hard to maintain and keep still. The car either wants to under- or over-rotate, and will never stay balanced between the two.
Also like Trial Mountain the car is chewing through the tyres relatively quickly.
The cambered and elevation (c'e) changing corners don't help the problem, but the extra hindrance is hardly noticeable.
Most of my laps were red. A much better time can be had but it would take many hours to string each corner together perfectly. It takes so long for the body to settle after a corner that the track is pretty much one long complex. The idea of Cape Ring Full is daunting.

Autumn Ring: 1:27.952
Still hyper responsive to pedal control.
For example, going into the first corner: Break very early, release the breaks slowly and then accelerate gently to even out the weight. Turn gently then lift-off the throttle *gently* to help rotate the car the correct amount. As the car assumes the correct attitude turn the wheel to keep the attitude, as you approach the exit uncoil and *gently* throttle into the extra traction. As the car straightens out gently lift-off the throttle to keep the body sway in check. Do all that in order, without overlapping the steps and hope you get it done before the second corner.
Short shifting can help, but the gearing is so long that there is little room for overlap between two gears. Trying to go up or down two gears is pointless.
Again the car has a problem pulling out if an arc once it enters it, steering corrections alone usually lead to tank slapping or a massive front end slide. Pedal steering to help the problem needs to be delicate and can lead to problems all its own.

Cape Ring Full: 2:59.559
I'm leaving 0.300 at every corner. The gears are a big part. The rotation disparity wouldn't be so bad if changing gears didn't upset the car so much. There is just so much that is out of sync (steering to pedals, break to throttle, body sway, gearing). Yet somehow, if you can pull it all together it will provide a fun (white knuckled) run with excellent times.

Ending Mileage: 616.6 miles

Last edited:
@DB: the Lil' Ray I have has a custom 5 speed. Do you want to customize yours before I begin the tune comparison/review. It should take me awhile to get through the three sub-reviews before the Tuned versions.

Go ahead and use mine as is for now...I'll just give it a quick run at Cape Ring to make sure it doesn't bounce off the limiter with the close ratio gearbox but it should be OK.

Anyone have a suggestion for a new test track? I need a track to test higher speed cars like GamerDogs' 'Red Bull.' Something somewhat short for easier consistent times but long enough to test the high speed cornering ability of the car.

I though about using Nordschleife, but only up to the sector line just after Aremburg. The full Nordy is too long for testing and I'm not nearly as consistent as I am on the first part.

Anyone have a suggestion for a new test track? I need a track to test higher speed cars like GamerDogs' 'Red Bull.' Something somewhat short for easier consistent times but long enough to test the high speed cornering ability of the car.

I though about using Nordschleife, but only up to the sector line just after Aremburg. The full Nordy is too long for testing and I'm not nearly as consistent as I am on the first part.
Monza no chicane.
Lets you stretch a cars legs on the front straight, couple of nice faster sweepers and some tighter stuff.

If you wanna put me down at any point for one of your reviews, make my colour Scotia White. Best Mitsu colour ;)

XDesperado67
Monza no chicane.
Lets you stretch a cars legs on the front straight, couple of nice faster sweepers and some tighter stuff.

Looks perfect for what I want. Thanks, Harvey.
When I continue with GamerDogs 'bull' I'll take it there.

After the Fireblade Shootout I was thinking of adding SSR5 to my list of standard test tracks. It looks like it could produce very consistent laps. Perhaps in reverse.

C-ZETA
If you wanna put me down at any point for one of your reviews, make my colour Scotia White. Best Mitsu colour ;)

Added (pg 3). Any "sporting" tune you would like me to review?

I don't mind what tune you review as of yet, and you don't necessarily have to review one now.

Desperado / Mazda Cosmo Sport (L10A) '67 "FireStar"
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=7390145#post7390145

Harvey sent me this car out of the blue. How did he know it's one of my favorites in the game? It's been months since I drove one. Feels like a good time for a short form review.

Tuned:
156hp, 940kg, 386pp @ 10.223.0 miles (no maintenance needed)
Standard settings
Comfort Soft Tyres
It's still K2RED, it looks sweet and I don't have a Solar Yellow to paint it with, yet. Maybe Lightning Yellow?

I remember the Base Model being easy to control, fairly well balanced with alot of slip, alot of over-steer, and tail happy when pushed too hard.

Trial Mountain: 1:51.371
Careful with the breaks, the car is fairly light. Harvey has a light thumb when it comes to breaking so I need a sensitive left foot. Very sensitive, more like game pad light instead of RL car breaks. If I just place my foot over the break enough to feel the pedal under my foot it's enough to give me 50% breaking.
It's very planted through the corners. Not as much, "squeek, squeel, screech," as the BM. Instead if riding the "squeek" to "squeel" and holding it back from "screech" I'm now keeping it under "squeek" most of the time.
The body feels rolly-polly. Smooth exits are a must. Let too much momentum sway back after a corner exit and you will find it difficult to keep the power through the rear tyres.
This is most definitely a Wallbanger tune. Go into the corner with just a smidge of breaks. Use break lift-off to produce over-steer, slowly, and get on the throttle as soon as you can, preferably long before the apex. Work with the weight shifts and don't expect mid-corner corrections to the line to be be useful. They will rotate the car just fine, but they will destroy your line.
This feels like the younger brother to Harveys' AE86, who is the younger brother to the G4. This car is much more forgiving than its two siblings. Instead of mid-corner corrections leading to catastrophic consequences it leads to a missed line.
The tyres last a long time, 10 laps at least.
Gearing is good, perhaps a bit long for this track.
Despite the slow body sway the S-complexes aren't a problem and the car doesn't have any problem keeping up.

Autumn Ring: 1:38.573
The car is underpowered for the Comfort Soft tyres. But that doesn't mean the back end won't go out on you.
Again, just because the car has a slow body roll doesn't mean it can't keep up with the quickest slalom in the game, to the best of my knowledge. But pedal steering is a must. Try and do most of the steering with the wheel and you'll just cause yourself pain.
Gearing is long. Even on this track I'm never touching first. This car was made for Eiger Short though.
Breaks are still extremely sensitive.
The tyres hold up well fir comforts on the longer corners. Even the loop doesn't unduly overheat them with a prolonged slip.
The last complex has a slight elevation drop at the corner entrance. Most cars didn't even notice this minor annoyance. The Firestar reacts to it like a body slam.

All-in-all: definitely a Wallbanger tune. An excellent car to learn control on. But you might want to adjust the breaks for personal preference.

Last edited:
Desperado / Mazda Cosmo Sport (L10A) '67 "Firestar"

Harvey sent me this car out of the blue. How did he know it's one of my favorites in the game? It's been months since I drove one. Feels like a good time for a short form review.

Tuned:
156hp, 940kg, 386pp @ 10.223.0 miles (no maintenance needed)
Standard settings
Comfort Soft Tyres
It's still K2RED, it looks sweet and I don't have a Solar Yellow to paint it with, yet. Maybe Lightning Yellow?

I remember the Base Model being easy to control, fairly well balanced with alot of slip, alot of over-steer, and tail happy when pushed too hard.

Trial Mountain:
Careful with the breaks, the car is fairly light. Harvey has a light thumb when it comes to breaking so I need a sensitive left foot.
It's very planted through the corners. Not as much, "squeek, squeel, screech," as the BM. Instead if riding the "squeek" to "squeel" and holding it back from "screech" I'm now keeping it under "squeek" most of the time.
Thanks for the unexpected review.👍👍
Tuned the "FireStar" for HaylRayzor's Classic car Shootout and when I found yet another fairly low mileage copy in my UCD scooped it up. Just thought the car might be something you would enjoy.:D
As for paint colors for my tunes in your garage...if you insist on a yellow why not use Pearl Yellow by Lexus? You can get it in the NCD on I think the LFA so always available as long as you have the credits...:odd:

Ronald - If I can make a suggestion, I think you should make your opening post into a list of the reviews that you have done so far. It is difficult to sort through the pages of posts to find a car/tuner that someone might be interested in. If you right click over the post number you can Copy Shortcut and paste the link in the OP.

Review Schedule and History
======

Current:
OnBoy123: Tommy Karia ZZ-S

Schedule (in no particular order):
OnBoy: Subaru Impreza
NewDriver2: RX-7, Golf (SS tyres)
C-ZETA: Mugen S2000
Jahgee: Chevy Camaro "BumbleBee"
jtqmopar: Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR '09
Diogo: Honda Integra

Review History:
Harvey Wallbanger (Desperado) / Toyota Sprinter Trueno GT-Apex '86, AKA: "Sunshine Express"

Jackthalad / Toyota MR2 GT-S '97

Gamerdog6483 / Lamborghini Murcielago LP 670-4 Superveloce '09

Caterham 7 Fireblade,Stock Car

Caterham 7 FirebladeShootout

Second Annual FF SummerShootout

DigitalBaka & ACSR421 /Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (C3) '69

Desperado /Mazda Cosmo Sport (L10A) '67 "Firestar"

Trackripper /RUF Porsche Boxter S

Krenkme /Ford "Duck" 1

Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ2 Carrozzata da Zagato CN.AR750106 '65 Stock Car

NewDriver2 /Toyota Levin 86

NewDriver2 /RUF BTR '86

CSLACR /RUF CTR "Yellow Bird" '87

MotorCityHamilton /Subaru Inpreza Sti '07

TrackRipper /TVR T350C '03

Krenkme & Onboy /Autobaks Garaiya

Jahgee1124 /Chrysler PT Cruiser '00

Last edited:
How do I change the link to be the text describing the link?

When you first post the URL, it will look like this to you:
[URL=http://www.thelink.com]http;//www.thelink.com[/URL]
As you can see, the URL is printed twice. That would come out as this:
http;//www.thelink.com

If you want to change what people see or click on, it would look like this:

[URL=http://www.thelink.com]Click This![/URL]
Which would look like this:
Click This!
As you can see in the first example, the URL is printed twice. In the second example, it is only printed once. In order to do this correctly, you must delete the second print, which is outside the first brackets, and replace it to what you want it to say. The URL inside the brackets determines what it links to, whilst the URL outside the brackets determines what it displays. Just make sure you keep it before the [/URL]

That was a lot of typing.

I've changed my mind. Instead of having my review list on post one I'll link it to this post. Less clutter in the OP that way. This will allow me to list the cars stats (hp, weight, pp), tyres tested on, and lap times for various tracks along with the link to the review.

How do I change the link to be the text describing the link?

To be edited ...
Make a link in your OP clearly marked as your list of reviews.
Then you can use whatever post you desire as your review list that includes whatever data you want.
Alternatively copy your second post to a new post then use the second post as your listing of reviews and pertinent data.👍👍

My review of DigitalBakas and ACSR421s '69 Vets are done.

Very fun car with alot of attitude.

@Harvey: with your permission I will move your "Sunshine Express" review to the post above then use the second post to store my review history and schedule. Thanks.

Last edited:
TrackRipper123 / RUF 3400 '00
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=7375897#post7375897

319hp, 1300kg, 476pp @ 20,591.1 (engine and chassis rebuild)

Standard Setup
Sports Hard Tyres

Trial Mountain (Reverse): 1:40.683
Let me enumerate the things I don't not like about this car:
°It doesn't need RS tyres.
°No excessive body roll.
°No excessive under- or over-steer.
°No snap under- or over-steer.
°No excessive pedal steering.
It's just a simple, slightly underpowered, FR. Under-steer on entry but the attitude can be adjusted to over-steer by simple pedal steering (aka situational over-steer). It reminds me of the new 86. I wonder if the boxter engine has anything to do with that.

Deep Forest: 1:28.081
The gearing feels very long, especially 3rd.
When pushing hard through a corner exit the car likes to maintain its attitude slightly. The camber and elevation changing corners only accentuates this.
Besides these two minor annoyances the car is easy to drive and push to its limit. If you go into a corner too hot the car will calmly rotate as it slides evenly toward the edge of the track.
Corner entry is not as sharp as I would like but because pedal steering isn't such a large part of controlling the car it isn't fuzzy either.
Mid-corner corrections are simple, gentle sawing doesn't unduly upset the cars balance. Rotation is fairly easy to control, if a tad languid.

Autumn Ring: 1:28.082
A bit slow through the slalom.
Better gearing and possibly a little more hp would solve most of this cars problems. Attitude correction is slow.
The breaks don't provide the stopping power I would like.

Cape Ring Full: 3:01.124
Keep the revs as close to 7k as you can. As long as you are at the high end of the tach the car rotates fine. Unfortunately the gears are so long it's hard yo keep it there.
No real problems with this car/track combo.

Ending Mileage: 20,661.2

Last edited:

Stage 2: Modded Model
363hp, 1196kg, 500pp @ 4,987.5 miles (oil change)

Standard Setup
Sports Hard Tyres

Trial Mountain (Reverse): 1:38.790
Much better throttle steering (less weight, more power) helps with the rotation problem. There's plenty of power for over-steer on demand.
Body roll is a smidge slow, and the car still has a problem with maintaining an arc after the corner exit.

Deep Forest: 1:26.047
Body sway is much more noticeable and detrimental. The car likes to wander and keeping a steady consistent line is difficult when you approach the top end of sporting around.
The long gears are a problem. Turn in accuracy and mid- and corner exit are all affected by where you are on the power band. It's just not possible to stay in a consistent range on the tach.

Autumn Ring: 1:27.433
Body sway and long gears are the problems.
The slalom isn't really a problem, but it's hard to keep enough throttle to rotate the car correctly, keep the speed up and not put the car on a 'maintained attitude' like it wants to. It's a fine line between just enough rotation and rotation that requires countering (counter-steering and/or counter-pedal control).
It's a fun car. The throttle reaction is about where I want it, but I'm having the same problem with sudden power loss or gain because of shifting.

Cape Ring Full: 2:56.718
Hard to believe its only got 500 Power Points. Good time for the pp without a tune and there were seconds left all over that track.
The gearing was the biggest problem. The slow body roll wasn't as much a problem with this tracks rhythm, but the 'maintaining attitude' was.

All-in-all:
Great improvement over the Base Model but still a long way from what I would like.

Last edited:

Stage 3: Tuned Model
363hp, 1196kg, 500pp @ 5057.0 miles (oil change again {it doesn't need it now but I don't want to lose power in the middle of testing})

Standard Setup
Sports Hard Tyres

Trial Mountain (Reverse): 1:37.430
Vast improvement. The two of the three main issues with the Modded Model are gone.
The long gears are now not a problem. Where before you could only choose between one or two gears for any given moment, now you can choose between three.
Excessive body roll is gone. Poof! It makes it much easier to drive. But the extra stability provides so much room for corrections that it's slightly harder to tell when you've reached the proper attitude in the longer corners. I have to keep reminding myself to keep it smooth and think ahead.
In the slalom corners the extra stability is perhaps a touch overdone. But then again it's probably just me. Adapt. Slow in, fast out.
The 'maintaining attitude' problem at corner exit isn't a problem anymore, but it's still present. The extra stability helps when correcting out if it, not as much speed is scrubbed.

Deep Forest: 1:25.852
The extra stability, due to both an improved tranny and suspension, eat up the cambered and elevation changing corners (c'e corners).
When I do over-rotate the 'maintaining attitude' combined with the c'e corners make it difficult to pull the car back in line in time. But the limit of the car is much farther out and the 'maintaining attitude' problem takes more to initiate than before. I'm not sure the problem could be removed entirely without neutering the car.

Autumn Ring: 1:26.794
Two things I haven't mentioned in the previous two tracks: breaks and accuracy.
The stopping distance is noticeably shorter. Trail breaking is fairly easy without unduly upsetting the car (personally I like a smidge more rotation on entry, but that's splitting hairs).
Initial turn in accuracy is much improved. Pedal steering and wheel inputs are sympathetic and feedback is great through the entire range.

Cape Ring Full: 2:56.358
Much easier to control than either the Base or Modded Model.
I think I'm losing most of my time through the multi-faceted right turning complex, as usual. But at least I'm not having the problems I usually have with an under-steering car on that complex.
I'm topping the 'exiting crest' (between the loop and the last three corners) at 101mph. That's the fastest I've even hit that on sports hard tyres. I'm usually aiming for 98.

All-in-all:
Well tamed without losing the cars personality. So easy to control when sporting around you can just relax and lose yourself in it. All the rough edges have been removed.
When pushed to the limit for hot lapping it is much more consistent than it's other Models. The 'maintaining attitude' problem is still mutely present and doesn't cause me to lose half my laps as I take the car a bit too far.

Ending Mileage: 5,112.9

Last edited:
Thanks for the epic review Ronald! :lol: Masterclass in reviewing right there. :P

Great to know it still handles the same when it's not in my hands. I'm not sure that the "mantaining attitude" can be scrubbed out, but personally I don't think it's that big a problem.

trackripper123
Thanks for the epic review Ronald! :lol: Masterclass in reviewing right there. :P

:blushing:

trackripper123
I'm not sure that the "mantaining attitude" can be scrubbed out, but personally I don't think it's that big a problem.

I think I said in the review that the scrubbing out the 'maintaining attitude' problem would probably neuter the car. It is the remaining "problem" with the car, and will be the largest factor (at least for me) in holding my lap times down.

trackripper123
Great to know it still handles the same when it's not in my hands.

It has a classic feel to it. It's an easy car to get used to. Definitely going on my favorites list.

And it looks good in Reflex Spice.

Last edited:
Krenkme / Ford Mustang Mach 1 '71 "Duck 1"
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6731795#post6731795

293hp, 1615kg, 449pp @ 0.0 miles
Painted (Honda) Brilliant Sky Metallic w/ custom wheels (Honda) Long Beach Blue Pearl)

Standard setup
Comfort Soft tyres

Trial Mountain (Reverse): 1:46.698
First thing I notice is that the four speed gear box tops out at around 106-108mph. I'm bouncing the tach at more than one stretch of the track.
Once the tyres heat up the comfort soft tyres are more than enough to make the car feel balanced. Even if pushed too far in a corner the back end will not snap-slip. The resulting slide may not be gentle but it will be recoverable.
It's an easy car to take to the limit. There's little difference between sporting around and hot lapping. The feedback is excellent, probably the best for a Base Model I've tested yet. The car is easy to predict and this makes staying on my chosen line almost effortless.
The only downside I can see in this cars handling is the lack of fine control from throttle steering. The breaks are very good. The stopping distance feels far short for the cars PP/tyres. Trail breaking is easy to control and predict, but is little needed since throttle lift-off is all that is usually needed to adjust the cars attitude.
I would change little about this car if I were to try and tune it. (I tried months ago and failed miserably. Now I'd probably only mess with the tranny.) I can see where this might make a monster drift car. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Deep Forest: 1:34.718
The tranny tops out before the start/finish line and before the tunnel on the downhill. This limits my hot lapping.
Good balance. The camber and elevation (c'e) changing corners hardly disturb the cars attitude. If anything they help compensate for the lack of power over-steer (due to the long, non-overlapping gears).
The excellent feedback makes holding this car at the limit a sinch. Relatively. I spend less tine fighting to keep the car on line and more time choosing and spotting my optimal line.
Turn in is precise. Mid-corner is plagued by lack of power over-steer (again: gearing, not hp). Corner exit is precise and body sway is non-existent.

Autumn Ring: 1:33.601
The car feels purpose built for this track. The tranny isn't as much an issue since I spend most of my time bouncing between gears instead of bouncing off fourth.
The excellent feedback is highlighted here. The sharp and very predictable turn in, good mid-corner (below fourth), and excellent stability on corner exit make this car a power house.
For some cars (:cough: '69 Vet :cough:) I spend half of my laps far below the hot lap time due to mistakes (either red-lapping, or mis-handling the inputs so much that the lap is ill-recoverable). This car lets me know, through wheel feedback and good tyres sounds just how much more room I have. Instead of pushing the cars limits I spend more time finding a better line.
The back end complex brings out the cars turn-in under-steer under throttle.

Cape Ring Full: 3:12.452
The tranny is very limiting. Several places on the track I wish I had o e or two more gears. Both for a better top end and for better power-band control.
The high speed corners bring out the cars smooth transition from under-steer to over-steer and back.

Last edited:

Stage 2: Modded Model
355hp, 1615kg, 490pp @0 54.6 miles (without an oil change)

Installed Areo:
Front Type A, Rear Type A, Wing Type B
(The tune only calls for the wing but the extra areo parts are visual only, and it looks BA.)

On second thought trying the Modded Model is going to be pointless. The gear box is so slow that the Sports Soft tyres will keep the cars max speed through too many corners.

Last edited:

Stage 3: Tuned Model
355hp, 1615kg, 490 @ 54.6 miles (without an oil change, 10pp below posted tune)

Sports Soft Tyres

Trial Mountain (Reverse): 1:36.609
The gearing problem is gone. The custom tranny is well spaced.
The tyres are too grippy. Even with the extra hp and a more constant power-band there is too much grip for proper enjoyment of this tune.
The body roll feels in harmony with the extra speed. The wheel feedback is still excellent even though the tyres aren't as distinctive sounding. Even when screeching the front tyres will still respond to steering inputs. Overstepping the line is easy to recover from.
Trail breaking produces noticeable under-steer and should be avoided. Throttle will still push to a large degree before transitioning into over-steer.

Deep Forest: 1:24.375
Too much over-steer. The body roll feels right but there just isn't enough throttle steering. Probably due to the tyres.
Besides that: rockin! Turn in is still precise, if a bit slow due to under-steer. Mid-corner is harder to control. I wish the extra hp and better gearing equated better throttle range of control.

Autumn Ring: 1:25.155
Good rhythm. But too much over-steer, again.
The tight gearing helps through the slalom, under-steer isn't a problem as long as I keep the revs at peak.
The rest of the track is more problematic.

Cape Ring Full: 2:54.697
The tracks slaloms push the cars grip to the limit. The excellent feedback keeps it interesting and targeting is easy. The many mid- to high-speed corners make rotation fairly easy. But the low speed corners highlight the cars biggest problem, under-steer.

Sports Hard Tyres

Trial Mountain (Reverse): 2:40.972
The input controls are in much better harmony now. Breaking, throttle and steering are working much more in concert.
Throttle control is much more responsive and helps with rotation much more.
Trail-breaking still produces under-steer, but it's not a pronounced and easier to control.

Deep Forest: 1:28.283
So easy to control it's almost bland. Even sports hard tyres might be more than is needed. Even with the c'e corners it's hard to get the car to rotate enough sometimes.

Autumn Ring: 1:28.048
I dub this car "Kevin Smith," "tuns of fun." The slalom fits perfectly with this cars nature. The quick lateral movements help setup for the next corner and the stability keeps the attitude in line while the feedback and incredible predictability keep the car on the line I choose for it.
The other parts of the track are hindered by it's "stability," aka under-steer.

Cape Ring Full: 3:01.105
Not my best laps. Tuns o' fun.
Good rhythm for this car/track combo.
The cambered slaloms help with the under-steer, the long corners benefit from the full throttle stability on corner entrance and exit. It's nice to mash 'n' go, sometimes.
I think this car would be comfortable on Comfort Medium tyres.
The the ghost looks so beautiful. In my rear view mirror.

Last edited:
Back