◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,534 comments
Hey, doodle. I saw you on top of the 400PP trial the other day. Nice runnin'!

Thanks. Sometimes I think I do the time trials too much :crazy:

I never really run Kart Space in reverse... only forward where I've gotten a 31.9 there and I think I get 32's at reverse. Should be interesting as it looks like D1 got more competitive.

Not sure if i read this right? Am i really in D2? or was that just a mistake?

No, it's not a mistake. :lol:

cheeb, jobyone, and I spent hours upon hours pouring over data over the weekend. It actually took us much longer than normal, but we think we got it right and feel like all the promotions and relegations were fair. 👍

That being said, congrats on being the first SNAIL to ever skip over an entire division! Either you've really improved, or you were sandbaggin' :)

Couldn't get my sponsor signed for this week, so I'll have to sit this round out. Everything looks good for next week... Hint: I'll be back home Tuesday..

No, tt's not a mistake. :lol:

cheeb, jobyone, and I spent hours upon hours pouring over data over the weekend. It actually took us much longer than normal, but we think we got it right and feel like all the promotions and relegations were fair. 👍

That being said, congrats on being the first SNAIL to ever jump two divisions at once! :)

Cool, thanks, i didn't think that i'd even make it this far

From my limited experience racing him would have to agree with danger being promoted past d3. Not that my assessment matters much but he was giving a d1 racer a run for his money a few days ago.

Give him a few weeks and he'll be a lock for d1

be there shortly.

:( request timed out. Clearing cache and rebooting PS.

Last edited:
Thanks for pointing out that post, cheeb. I just sent one to him from the D5 account. 👍

Good stuff, thanks zer0. Trying to figure out a way to get him the Course pack, you need a U.S. address to buy a download code from Gamestop. And then I'm not sure of the code will work in Canada, even though we're in the same PSN region.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this?

Well 🤬. Can't even join D3 lounge now. Reckon I'll have to do that port forwarding thing again to see if that improves my GT5 connectivity. Wife and daughter must be hoggin all my bandwidth. /me looks around, "Where did I put those port forwarding instructions again?"

I also have some ideas about how we could further improve the effort to handicap the "prize" points scoring system that accounts for different size rooms. I'll share that sometime this week. It involves "normalizing" the points won to a field of 10, instead of a blanket multiplier, which, after looking through a lot of the data, I think penalizes smaller rooms just a -bit- too much. I'll explain later when I get some time to create a well written post.

Good luck tonight guys!

-Nick

I look forward to hearing what you have in mind! Just like you aliens are always looking for ways to improve your lap times, I'm always looking for ways to improve the S.N.A.I.L. format. If there's a good idea out there than can improve this league, I'm all for it! :D

That being said, please don't call what we're trying to do a "handicap"! :lol: I think there's a stigma about that word that automatically gives people the wrong idea about its purpose. It's not designed to give anyone an advantage or disadvantage. In fact, the purpose is to eliminate both. :)

Even with the new system that we're going to try tonight for the first time, I still think D1 and D5 are going to win more than their fair share of the prizes. The reason is simple - the bell curve. The divisions at the ends of the bell curve (D1 and D5) are always going to have the widest span in talent levels - that's just how normal distribution works after all.

And if you happen to be on the "right side" (both literally and figuratively) of the span of talent in those divisions, you have an excellent shot at winning a prize - with or without adjustments. But again, I'm definitely interested in hearing your "normalizing" idea! 👍

I'll sadly be missing out tonight. Got a business plan paper to finish for my marketing class. Should be back next weekend!

Hey SNAILs,
As I mentioned at the very bottom of this post, I was going to throw out some ideas that would try to increase the number of drivers that have a shot at winning prizes. Unfortunately, I haven't had time to sit down and do a detailed write-up, so I'll just say this for now:

Those who exhibit good racecraft will soon have opportunities to pick the Prize A and Prize B combos!!

Also, in an effort to prevent new members (who are put in the wrong division based on their Time Trial) from winning prizes over long-time SNAILs, I am implementing a policy (effective immediately) that no new driver is eligible for prize selection until they have gone through a round of Promotion and Relegation. This should prevent the possibility of someone winning one of the coveted prizes simply because they were in the wrong division. 👍

Hey guys, I won't be racing tonight. I've spent the last two days moving and I just got the internet working. I still need more time to get everything connected. I need to go to bed early anyway.

Hey guys, I won't be racing tonight. I've spent the last two days moving and I just got the internet working. I still need more time to get everything connected. I need to go to bed early anyway.

I hope you're a little closer to work now 👍

With Dabney out this week, could someone in D1, at a minimum, save the replays. If you're up for doing the live scoring and/or saving replays let us know and we'll get you set up.

Thanks.

Hello,

Just read we are using a DLC kart tonight. I do not have this, can anyone help me?

Thank you!

Aaron, Snail Div2, AG07WRXTR

I wanna join the league.

Hi redsoxboy80,
Sorry about the tough year the sox had. :crazy: On the brighter side, you've just found a great place to race! ;)

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You run the Time Trial. (NOTE: The tires used for this have more grip than our current tire regulations call for, but please follow the exact directions anyways).
2. You PM me with your time from the time trial (no Sunday racing until this is completed).
3. I assign you to the appropriate Division, to give you the best racing possible.
4. I send you a you a PSN friend request from the appropriate SNAIL_Division1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 account. That is where you race on Sunday night.
6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, post your choices in this thread.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all S.N.A.I.L.s to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Getting my PS3 set up under static IP and port forwarding. Probably gonna be late, if at all.

Back