◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,534 comments
Sorry I've been absent the past few weeks. I've been running into some scheduling conflicts with other series, and may have to do a part-time with this. Maybe I'll go every other week like Forced. I'm happy to see the loads of competition we're getting flooding into D1. Next week looks to be a fast blast! Glad to have you on board Jeff!

When is Bill's deadline? I'm testing some options depending on tie-breaker. Provided results are now official, I can get you guys my "choice" pretty kwik after his decision. Otherwise I would be happy to break the tie. :) ... Jk

No results will be official until, at earliest, this 10PM EST tonight, roundabout when I'll be making a post saying such.

I was looking at the list of events that SNAIL is associated with. Some are more successful than others and I was wondering if anyone had thought about running a series almost identical to SNAIL Sunday races but using Standard Cars in stock, unmodified form.

I know that the biggest problem with this is picking cars that everyone owns. Most of us have several hundred cars in our garages though. If a car was picked that not everyone owns then someone could dupe them or gift them to a SNAIL Lounge for distribution.

I'm thinking participation of this league wouldn't be nearly as high as SNAIL Sunday but it would probably be higher than some of the other events currently running.

Instead of the current 3 venue format, 2 races at each venue, each race over 10 minutes. We could do 2 venues, 2 races at each venue, each race over 15mins. With the standard 10 min qualifying. This should make the overall night be about the same length.

This would open up car selection and make the races a little less sprint like. Which might ease up on the tension a bit.

Ideas? Thoughts?

Any events planned for tonight? I would love some touge or CAT AND MOUSE. You guys remember that, right? Rally are you reading this?

you got it fella! if you don't mind an earlier start. We can do some touge until we get enough participants for C&M. So, Everyone whom is interested. 8 o' the clock on the eastern board. Division 3, come one and come all to a night of thills and mayhem. A night of entertainment for the ages. Forget the grind of breaking in a car, and just break a car!! To those who have not experienced it, cat & mouse is a game to behold! And those whom have experienced it, sing of its glory!!! Join one another, in team battle, as you try to be the first team to get their mouse across the line. Valiant battles of survival are all but assured. Do not miss out on this fine event. Lest to gods may not grant you favor come Sunday night!

Hows that Goat? Think I spurred people into a roar? Been watching to much Spartacus with a wee bit of Darby O'Gill too. Tried for showmanship with bravado.

I was looking at the list of events that SNAIL is associated with. Some are more successful than others and I was wondering if anyone had thought about running a series almost identical to SNAIL Sunday races but using Standard Cars in stock, unmodified form.

I know that the biggest problem with this is picking cars that everyone owns. Most of us have several hundred cars in our garages though. If a car was picked that not everyone owns then someone could dupe them or gift them to a SNAIL Lounge for distribution.

I'm thinking participation of this league wouldn't be nearly as high as SNAIL Sunday but it would probably be higher than some of the other events currently running.

Instead of the current 3 venue format, 2 races at each venue, each race over 10 minutes. We could do 2 venues, 2 races at each venue, each race over 15mins. With the standard 10 min qualifying. This should make the overall night be about the same length.

This would open up car selection and make the races a little less sprint like. Which might ease up on the tension a bit.

Ideas? Thoughts?

It's call eSCarGot, or Standard Car Thursdays.

I guess Kart Space was a love or hate kind of affair. I thought it was awesome, lol :D

I liked the racing there. My only issue was with the lighting of the track. It's kind of a blur after a few laps and my eyes start to burn like I've been racing for hours when I've only run 10 laps. I did most of my break in and practice on the forward configuration and didn't have the same issues with the lighting. For the Sunday races, I had to turn the brightness all the way down and wear some glare reducing sunglasses during the race.

you got it fella! if you don't mind an earlier start. We can do some touge until we get enough participants for C&M. So, Everyone whom is interested. 8 o' the clock on the eastern board. Division 3, come one and come all to a night of thills and mayhem. A night of entertainment for the ages. Forget the grind of breaking in a car, and just break a car!! To those who have not experienced it, cat & mouse is a game to behold! And those whom have experienced it, sing of its glory!!! Join one another, in team battle, as you try to be the first team to get their mouse across the line. Valiant battles of survival are all but assured. Do not miss out on this fine event. Lest to gods may not grant you favor come Sunday night!

Hows that Goat? Think I spurred people into a roar? Been watching to much Spartacus with a wee bit of Darby O'Gill too. Tried for showmanship with bravado.

WOW. Talk about a sales job, I'm in (if time allows). I've never done c&m on gt5. Give me rules, cars, etc.

Ideas? Thoughts?

Yeah, just look for the SCT thread under clubs. You should try it out if your Thursdays are available, I had a lot of fun.

Good racing on Saturday by the way. It was close until my concentration (and connection) faded away.

Ideas? Thoughts?

It's call eSCarGot, or Standard Car Thursdays.

I think Joe is suggesting a 'spec' series in which everyone is driving the same car, not just selecting a car within certain guidelines. I like the idea, but oh man would duping cars become a chore! :scared:

On the other hand, what if the cars were limited to cars in the OCD? That would make all the cars available to everyone at the same time. Perhaps create :gtplanet:'s first OCD-exclusive series? Or has that already been done :confused:

It's true that the cars available for selection would be much more limited, but you can also view that as a good way to force everyone out of their "comfort zone" from time to time. Plus, we'd never have to break-in any cars! 👍

Last edited:
No Dabney...everyone runs the exact same car.

Yes Zero.

I don't think duping would be a huge problem unless people start choosing really odd stuff like the Kugelwagon. Participation would likely be somewhat low so even if a couple of people didn't have the two cars chosen, then the duping wouldn't be ridiculous. But I know some people who have garages over 1000 cars. I only have a few hundred because I only keep cars I like.

If we only get 10 people to start then it will be a victory. It may explode depending on the day and time it occurs.

Just kicking it around...

Last edited:
A dupe chain is certainly feasible. I have all but 3 of the standard cars with a few multiples. Even if I were not to run in that series, I would be happy to help with car distribution.

There would only be two cars a week. One or both may carry over from week to week.

And if you didn't immediately have the car you could always cycle the used cars a few time to see what comes up.

Still kicking it around.

Just wanted to remind everyone that the deadline to file a complaint is tonight at 10pm Eastern / 7pm Pacific.

Also, as seen in the above link, there have been some significant changes to the list of Division Stewards. The idea behind those assignments is to have each division with a Division Steward that is in the division directly below their division. We weren't able to stick to that formula last month because Goat was promoted from D4 to D3 and we no longer had a steward in D4. However, we've fixed that now because..

I'd like to welcome jobyone as the newest S.N.A.I.L. steward! He also happens to be a stats junkie who produced some really helpful data for us to use during our Promotion and Relegation discussions. Thanks jobyone! :cheers:

Ideas? Thoughts?

I'd be into something like this but I'd leave the duping to the dupers!
I think zer0's idea of OCD cars is a good idea. There's a lot to choose from and not breaking the car in would make it simple.

No Dabney...everyone runs the exact same car.

Yes Zero.

I don't think duping would be a huge problem unless people start choosing really odd stuff like the Kugelwagon. Participation would likely be somewhat low so even if a couple of people didn't have the two cars chosen, then the duping wouldn't be ridiculous. But I know some people who have garages over 1000 cars. I only have a few hundred because I only keep cars I like.

If we only get 10 people to start then it will be a victory. It may explode depending on the day and time it occurs.

Just kicking it around...
I would love to do this and have every car bar one. My problem is timing. It needs to be later than normal S.N.A.I.L. time for me to take part. But I like everything you suggested.

Since we're just kicking ideas around, what about making this a "low boost" event? :D

I think low boost is a great way to encourage drivers from all divisions to take part because it keeps the field together and equalizes the talent. While it's true that boost is not realistic at all, it's not such a bad idea if you're just going for a casual race environment where it's more about having a good time than it is about keeping score.

If anyone of you newer SNAILs ever wondered what the third post on this thread was all about, it was a the only "low boost" event that we ever had and it was a load of fun!

Anyways, just thowin' it out there.. :)

I'd be more likely available at a later time as well. Weekdays only, though. I could run nearly any standard car as I have over 1000 total cars and am always trying to pick up those that I don't yet have.

Few of the standard cars would ever need to be broken in. It's not often that you'll run into one that's got fewer than 200 miles and didn't come from the OCD (save for those that were won as prizes). Wear down from high mileage cars would be more likely, but that's typically a lesser issue.

Putting boost on would probably discourage me from attending, no matter the average level of the competition.

Just wanted to remind everyone that the deadline to file a complaint is tonight at 10pm Eastern / 7pm Pacific.

Also, as seen in the above link, there have been some significant changes to the list of Division Stewards. The idea behind those assignments is to have each division with a Division Steward that is in the division directly below their division. We weren't able to stick to that formula last month because Goat was promoted from D4 to D3 and we no longer had a steward in D4. However, we've fixed that now because..

I'd like to welcome jobyone as the newest S.N.A.I.L. steward! He also happens to be a stats junkie who produced some really helpful data for us to use during our Promotion and Relegation discussions. Thanks jobyone! :cheers:
Speaking of Stats. I came up with what I call The Power Rating while looking at the stats on Sunday. It basically ranks everyone by their times across all divisions. Fastest time gets 100 points, 2nd gets 99 etc. Then I combine the points for all 6 combos and Voilà you have a ranking across divisions to see where you stand. This can be done for both total time and fast laps (assuming we have the data).

As an example here is the power rating for the week of 11/25 (excludes D1 as the data for D1 was not input into the results) showing the top 10 for the fast laps. Maximum points would be 600.

574 - dangerzone641
571 - zer05ive
564 - DrKronin
558 - BerdiyevA
551 - GTP_BeRandom
550 - kendawg198
543 - wackylatino
536 - AG07WRXTR
520 - Drrgreenthumb67
517 - GTP_mike46an2

This is just something I am doing for fun but happy to share if people like the idea.

Since we're just kicking ideas around, what about making this a "low boost" event? :D

I have a question about low boost. I've only done a few boost races. And it was fantastic fun. I could keep up with some really great drivers.

If you did low boost with full damage, would that balance things out a bit? The idea in my mind is, it would keep the crowd closer together, but keep people from doing stupid things because they know they can just catch back up.

My wonder is... would the boost be so powerful that it doesn't matter if you pit (or drive with damage), you'll still catch up.

Speaking of Stats.

That is interesting, but it will compare drivers at their best. Last night, I had a problem with not messing up. I would be faster than the driver infront of me (which doesn't happen often), I would catch up to him, and then just wreck and watch them run away. :/

So... maybe capture not only lap time, but capture total race time, too. Mind you, there are other factors that will affect the total race time, like getting caught up in someone else's wreck, or just being caught in traffic. There are, too, other factors to affect fastest lap, like drafting or traffic.

That is interesting, but it will compare drivers at their best. Last night, I had a problem with not messing up. I would be faster than the driver infront of me (which doesn't happen often), I would catch up to him, and then just wreck and watch them run away. :/

So... maybe capture not only lap time, but capture total race time, too. Mind you, there are other factors that will affect the total race time, like getting caught up in someone else's wreck, or just being caught in traffic. There are, too, other factors to affect fastest lap, like drafting or traffic.
I do realize that there are so many factors to consider. Like if you get disconnected you will not have a total time for a combo. I could average it out but just not gotten there yet plus it's just for fun.

I do have both fast laps and total time. Here is a slightly revised list as I had the wrong sort on.

Fast Laps 11/25
574- dangerzone641
571- zer05ive
569- Ice_Warden
564- DrKronin
558- BerdiyevA
551- GTP_BeRandom
550- kendawg198
543- wackylatino
540- spooble
536- AG07WRXTR

Total Time 11/25
561- BerdiyevA
556- GTP_BeRandom
547- DrKronin
547- wackylatino
545- dangerzone641
544- AG07WRXTR
544- GTP_mike46an2
541- kendawg198
540- Drrgreenthumb67
539- zer05ive

Again D1 is excluded until I get the data input so the PR score will change.

edit - One thing I would suggest to everyone is that it really pays to not give up on a race and to continue to finish a race as quickly as possible even when you are in last place.

Last edited:
One last shout out. 8 EST, tonight, Thats like right now! Cat and mouse. with touge fun while we wait for the room to fill up, division 3.
For the uninitiated. The rules are simple. you have one mouse car (low pp) and a number for fast cars, cats (high pp). Be the team with the mouse across first to win. Cats have free reign to help their team or hinder anothers.
Its a great way to relax after a long week of grinding and practicing.

Back