STOCK CLUB - Cancelled, (I'm hosting casual Open Lobbies from now on).

• Thread starter VBR
  • 114 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Vote For Your Preffered Choice Of Championship!

1. VW Golf RM World Championship (world tracks).

2. Civic Type R RM Japanese Championship (Japanese tracks).

3. Cappuccino Juniors Championship (various short tracks).

Get voting! :D

VBR
If GTP_w-g-e turns up, none of us will be able too, hehe!
Flattered, but that's not true.;)

I'm racing in a championship on sunday evenings.

I have to vote for the Golf RM. I hope this championship won't be on Saturdays though, because I'm already running a Golf RM series that day ;)

who to i add to my friends list to join the lobby on time (a little less than an hour) ?

and what is a recommended garage? do i need to have these cars or not? i dont have two of them and i added the person with the lobby to my friend list but he hasnt gotten back yet.

id just like two of those things answered. recommended garage? and it takes place in this series creators lobby, right-o?

Last edited:
I don't think you need those cars, they will probably be selected from the "recommended" list.

If VBR hasn't gotten back to you I guess you can add me (eran0004). Don't know if that is enough to let you join the lobby, but we can try.

Sorry my bad, I shouldn't speak when I'm not sure. It was room number the only event i've been in. :)

Phouchg
Sorry my bad, I shouldn't speak when I'm not sure. It was room number the only event i've been in. :)

No worries, I think vbr's event post has all the room and car details in it.

Trophy Case For The 10 Lapper Event!

:gtpflag:

Eiger Nordwand 10 Lapper
eran_1st_Eiger.jpg

Sakery_2nd_Eiger.jpg
Red_3rd_Eiger.jpg

Fuji GT 10 Lapper
VBR_1st_Fuji_GT.jpg

Red_2nd_Fuji.jpg
Sakery_3rd_Fuji_GT.jpg

Daytona Road 10 Lapper
VBR_1st_Daytona.jpg

Sakery_2nd_Daytona.jpg
eran_3rd_Daytona.jpg

Suzuka 10 Lapper
Red_Leader_1st_Suzuka.jpg

eran_2nd_Suzuka.jpg
VBR_3rd_Suzuka.jpg

Congratulations to all the winners! Seems to have been a lot of the same names in the top, I guess you guys are just awesome. How many were there in total?

How many were there in total?

We had a maximum of 8 for the Daytona Road event, & a minimum of 5 for the Suzuka event. I had an absolutely awesome evening, lots of close racing & no one damaged me. Now all we need are a few more drivers turning up & this is gonna be epic!

Big thanks to all who raced tonight. :cheers:

If the next event is at a time I don't have any other commitment (last wednesday was one such occation but as you know I forgot ^^) I will definitely join.

Mee too!

I had great fun last night, even if I'm the back marker of the current field. (But the again - I expect I'm old enough to be the father of most of the competition).
First race: Great fight! I was doing quite good, when I well and truly beached my ride in the sand at the top of the mountain. After that, my race for the podium was over. Dropped about 7-8 seconds there, and you can't make that up with this lineup...
Second race: I HATE Elise's, I drive like an ass in that bathtub. Had great fun, though, and had en epic fight with - was it Eran0004? Lost out by 2/10'ths, man that was fun!
Third race: Love the car, but I'm not fast on that track. Did quite good, though, untill Erann0004 overdid it and went for the sand/guardrail. Now, I should have cruised by him, wawing for thanks, but for some reason I found it more suitable to follow him into the rough. I think both of us damaged a wheel, even without making contact with each other! Eran chose to nurse his car home (you do some wicked nursing, eran!), I had to pit in to get the damage fixed, and after that... I couldn't even catch Eran, though I did close in.
Race four was a disaster! I missed the start as I was pouring another beer. Yeah, I know, dumb excuse, but that was what happened. I should have been paying attention. Weather was a beautiful addition, really spiced up the race! But I suck in 4wd's, so I couldn't catch up the second or two I lost in the beer pouring incident. Then one of the kids woke up, and I had to go tuck her in again, which is why I was parked in a sand trap for a while.

All in all I had a great evening, look forward to racing you guys again!

Any time but wednesdays an saturdays, as that's my IRL sports days (pistol shooting), I'm in!

VBR
We had a maximum of 8 for the Daytona Road event, & a minimum of 5 for the Suzuka event. I had an absolutely awesome evening, lots of close racing & no one damaged me. Now all we need are a few more drivers turning up & this is gonna be epic!

Big thanks to all who raced tonight. :cheers:

hey, VBR, i sent You a friend request 45min before the race was about to start.
You didnt reply to it and eventually it disappeared altogether which means You probably replayed No to my friends request :indiff:

Yesterday was pretty much superb.
Eiger for example was one of the best races in GT5 I ever took part in. Super fair super clean and first 4 or 5 finished within 1 second.
I lost with 0.094 seconds due to a mistake in the 9th lap.
Plus I did a great pass on Red at the last Turn outside (I think it was pretty much awesome) :D

Fuji was good for me too, although MR´s aren´t my favs and I tend to smoke the rear tires too much.

Daytona in the Mazda was good too, but me wasn´t good enough at first Turn braking (I am to cautious here and don´t want to slam my car into the wall).
Had a good battle with iamsupernasty but somehow he blamed me for getting damaged and left although I waited and wanted to go by the "damage-rule".
Sneeked passed Red due to him having damage too.

Suzuka:
Well right at the beginning I had an Contact with VBR and I let him through again plus lost another position to eran.
After that Red was pretty much gone. VBR and me fought till end and at Lap 7ish we had another "comming together" at the Esses (no problem VBR everything is and was fine :D).
This made eran close the gap to us and a super threeway battle went on for the last laps.
At the 130R on the last lap my fuel went gone and therefore couldn´t fight for my 2nd position anymore and eran passed VBR (who got empty tank aswell but after the last chicane) and me.

Loved it and if a few more racers (which are not faster than me xDDDDD) could join it would be great.

Suzuka:
Well right at the beginning I had an Contact with VBR and I let him through again plus lost another position to eran.
After that Red was pretty much gone. VBR and me fought till end and at Lap 7ish we had another "comming together" at the Esses (no problem VBR everything is and was fine :D).
This made eran close the gap to us and a super threeway battle went on for the last laps.
At the 130R on the last lap my fuel went gone and therefore couldn´t fight for my 2nd position anymore and eran passed VBR (who got empty tank aswell but after the last chicane) and me.

Loved it and if a few more racers (which are not faster than me xDDDDD) could join it would be great.

I did brake early at turn 2 on lap 1, slow in fast out, so maybe that contributed to you hitting me off. But there was no damage & you gave the place back so no probelm, mistakes happen.

I never saw you in the esses, you were in my blind spot. I waited & gave the place back though.

I never ran out of fuel on the last lap, I thought I had forced you off the track through 130R, so I waited for you, Turns out I didn't, you went off all by yourself, nevermind. That let Erik through for 2nd.

A good race evening all in all, but a little bit too much contact in the last race. Even though there was no damage, I think we need to pay attention to it for next time & try to aim for a higher standard.

:D

PS: All trophies have been sent out via PSN as well. 👍

Yeah maybe due to the lateness ??
But the driving was pretty much top-level 👍

Sorry for implementing you ran out of fuel :D I thought you did due to your slowness on the last bit of the main straight :D
But again what did you guys do to not run out of fuel ??
You even drafted more than me probably ? you lifted a bit more often :D

But again what did you guys do to not run out of fuel ? You lifted a bit more often?

I usually lift a lot & use engine braking to slow me down through the esses, so yes it is possible. I was also short shifting in the wet & when the tyres wore, so maybe saved fuel that way too. You must've used more fuel (unless it was a bug), I'll have to check the replay. Was funny that you ran out though! :lol:

First race was great, I had to fight for the first half of the race to even stay in touch with the trio in the top. Then I made contact again and from there on I was just lucky and could take advantage of the mistakes that others made.

Second race was not a great success, I can never find any good visual cues for when to start braking at Fuji :/ But we had a close fight in the back of the field too :)

Third race on Daytona... well, as I see it, Daytona's road course is just two big death traps with a bit of tarmac in between. I brake way too early by fear of crashing and burning, and when I try to brake a little bit later it usually ends in disaster. It must have been lap 4 or something when I ran straight into the wall in corner 1 and lost my rear right suspension. From there on I had a car with 3,5 wheels and very dodgy brakes, so I had to chose between going for a pit stop or staying out. A pit stop would cost me 20-30 seconds, so I could afford to lose 4-5 seconds per lap if I stayed out. I took a bit of a gamble and it payed off.

Fourth race. Looking at the replay, my fuel meter is actually red by the time I reach the finish line, so this race was really on the limits. Didn't expect anyone to run out of fuel, so I was caught by surprise when you slowed down and I caused some dents there :/ I'll pay for the repairs though!

...well, as I see it, Daytona's road course is just two big death traps with a bit of tarmac in between!

That's by far the best description of Daytona Road that I've ever heard! :D It's my favourite track in GT5, & I love racing there. My 7 lap battle with Rob last night was simply awesome, no contact at all, just hard-fast-clean racing.

Fourth race. Looking at the replay, my fuel meter is actually red by the time I reach the finish line, so this race was really on the limits. Didn't expect anyone to run out of fuel, so I was caught by surprise when you slowed down and I caused some dents there :/ I'll pay for the repairs though!

The contact was partly my fault too Erik, I'd slowed down for Sakery as I mistakenly thought I'd forced him off through 130R. I did pull off line to let you through, but maybe not enough. Oh well, at least it was at the end of the race. :lol:

Check out the Upcoming Events section in the first post for Wednesdays racing. It will be all reverse grids for the whole night, thanks to Rob for suggesting it. 👍

Last edited:
I will try to make it this Wednesday. Would love to join that tight racing and see if i can mix in with the best or will be left in the dust. :)

I have a question: How do we know when the room is up and the race is happening? I was watching the thread for notification but there was never any mention of racing yesterday until the events were finished. Do we just presume everything is happening according to schedule and show up? I would think you'd want to make a post to let everyone know the room is open and bump the thread so it gets seen by people looking to race.

I have a question: How do we know when the room is up and the race is happening? I was watching the thread for notification but there was never any mention of racing yesterday until the events were finished. Do we just presume everything is happening according to schedule and show up? I would think you'd want to make a post to let everyone know the room is open and bump the thread so it gets seen by people looking to race.

VBR
Wed 13th: Reverse Grid Night! ← Please follow the link & read the Rules & Regs before attending. It will be held in My Lounge, & is first come first served.

All events are listed in the first post under Upcoming Events, all relevant information is also posted in the event listing, just click on the link & read the description, & the rules & regs. If you want to join, you'll have to sign up using the application form, & re-read the SCR & OP as they've been updated since the first time we tried. Most events will be held in My Lounge, not in an open lobby, so just turn up at the correct time, but not before as per the R&R.

👍

EDIT: I've changed the wording to; "It will be held in My Lounge (not open lobby), & is first come first served." so as to avoid confusion. Obviously, everyone who signs up in this thread would need to be on my friends list on PSN as well to join the room. 👍

Last edited:
Right, and all of that is understood. I was just trying to make a point that since you said you want more people to show up it might be a good idea to make a post in this thread that the room is open, at the very least it bumps your thread to the top of the list and reminds people that Stock Club is happening.

I really wanted to participate yesterday but I have not memorized all the rules and necessary reading and while I pride myself on being an exceptionally clean racer I was afraid I would miss some little detail/rule and get banned for life. So I have more studying to do. I was going to hop in your lounge to watch the races yesterday to see how things went down but I didn't see any notification here that anything was happening, that's the only reason I brought it up. Some people may have been out there wanting to race and were eagerly watching the thread to see when the room opened, after seeing no activity they presumed there was no race and moved on.

Just trying to be helpful. :cheers:

Thanks, I appreciate your input. :)

Funnily enough, there will be a rule in the championship I'm organising, that if broken, would result in a permanent ban. :ouch: But there wasn't one in last nights event as it was just a casual turn up & race affair.

My idea for Stock Club is to use it as a platform to run many different events from, each with thier own Rules & Regs. Maybe that will catch a few people out!

Hey everyone,

I had a great time at last event, but some things has popped up which means that I simply don't have the time anymore.

Good luck to all of you and perhaps I'll see you on the track again some time!
Thanks for the racing!

I PM'd all 15 members & asked them to vote for a championship, but only 3 did, so seeing as the interest is minimal I'm shelving that idea. I might run one in the future as a seperate series to Stock Club, & if I do it will be posted up in the Race Series forum.

We'll just keep things nice & simple from now on with casual events on a Wednesday &/or Sunday. Keep an eye on the Upcoming Events in the op, & just turn up as & when you want to.

:)

EDIT: Bye Erik, & all the best with your Golf RM enduro series.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back