STOCK CLUB - Cancelled, (I'm hosting casual Open Lobbies from now on).

• Thread starter VBR
  • 114 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
It proves you're playing attention to the detail.

Like the classic Van Halen brown M&Ms contract rider.

Last edited:
I would like to join today's race if there is a spot.

QUESTION: Do you actually understand what it means to be a clean, competent, & conscientious driver?
ANSWER: Yes.

QUESTION: Do you have lots of online racing experience in clean lobbies, & do you tend not to cause incidents?

QUESTION: Have you read the SCR thoroughly, & do you understand how to apply them in race & qually situations?

QUESTION: Do you give your word, that you will always use a wired connection when racing at Stock Club events?
ANSWER: Yes. Wired all the time.

QUESTION: Are you willing, & confident enough in your understandiing of the SCR, to act as a Steward when necessary?

What a great nights racing, & a total contrast to last weeks mayhem! A stunning performance by all, 5 races & no damage caused by other drivers. And to watch the replays with everyone making a huge effort to stick to the track as per the SCR, just looked magnificent. Bravo gentlemen!

Now, if we could get a full grid of 12 drivers like Red_Leader, Hennessey_86, JohnScoonsBeard & ChuthuluGoat who raced tonight, then we'll have a rather awesome series on our hands me thinks.

:cheers:

Sorry I missed the event, sounds like good fun. Wish I didn't have to work for a living...lol..💡

I hope you can make it Sunday, should be epic with a few more top class drivers.

:D

I've sent a friend request.

QUESTION: What is the air speed velocity of a swallow?
ANSWER: African or European?

"I don't know" Full of win!!!

VBR
What a great nights racing, & a total contrast to last weeks mayhem! A stunning performance by all, 5 races & no damage caused by other drivers. And to watch the replays with everyone making a huge effort to stick to the track as per the SCR, just looked magnificent. Bravo gentlemen!

Now, if we could get a full grid of 12 drivers like Red_Leader, Hennessey_86, JohnScoonsBeard & ChuthuluGoat who raced tonight, then we'll have a rather awesome series on our hands me thinks.

Can't wait to get in on this when I get off the road from working. VBR and the rest of you guys best of luck holding it together.

On another note. I don't think there is a way to determine if somebody is using the suggested gear/brake indicator, but I really wish the indicator had a way to be disabled in a lobby. I've seen ALL kinds of race incidents and even listened to fights because of people that don't race the car in front of them but instead race the indicator and if you get on the brakes before their indicator tells them to stop KABOOOOM. And this happens the other way around because there is a lot of corners that can be driven in way hotter, later braking than what is suggested by the indicator as well. Now that falls into "race the car in front of you category", but I can't remember off the top of my head which tracks and corners but various tracks have/had a few corners that the indicator was way off and it causes major pile ups.

Braking/suggested gear indicator is a race destroyer....even more so on full damage. I've found that the drivers that use the indicator are full throttle or full brake most all times.

Last edited:
VBR

Sounds great! Too bad I couldn't join, but I'll be there on Sunday!

If anyone is looking for a race on Saturday, I'm hosting an endurance (well, 80-90 minutes) race at Suzuka. It's for the VW Golf RM and all aids are off. Click the image to get to the forum where you can read more and sign up! 👍

Nice advert Erik! Do you do much graphical design?

Sorry I missed the race, I had forgot to subscribe to the thread.. Glad to hear you had a great time at least. :)

Sorry I missed the race, I had forgot to subscribe to the thread.. Glad to hear you had a great time at least. :)

Got to the Calendar, click on the Stock Club event listed for Sunday the 10th, & click on Request Reminder For This Event. You'll never miss it this way! :D

Last edited:
Can I RSVP my 5x oui VB!? :D I'm liking the look of this!

Cant guarantee my participation week in week out, but if you bring all the usual boys to the yard I can safely say I shall make the effort.

Oh and regarding graphics work, if eran isnt your man I will be. PSN me anything you're after and i'll see what i can do 👍

QUESTION: Do you actually understand what it means to be a clean, competent, & conscientious driver?

QUESTION: Do you have lots of online racing experience in clean lobbies, & do you tend not to cause incidents?

QUESTION: Have you read the SCR thoroughly, & do you understand how to apply them in race & qually situations?

QUESTION: Do you give your word, that you will always use a wired connection when racing at Stock Club events?

QUESTION: Are you willing, & confident enough in your understandiing of the SCR, to act as a Steward when necessary?

I am heading out of town for a few days. Might be back for Sunday but I already have an event set for 2pm. I'm only in one race series and I have a conflict..what are the odds!!:grumpy:

Oh and regarding graphics work, if eran isnt your man I will be. PSN me anything you're after and i'll see what i can do 👍

I may just take you up on that sometime. Welcome to Stock Club. :)

Thanks, I do quite a lot actually! Although that one was made in Apple's Preview application on MacBook, not the most powerful tool...

Here are some of the stuff I have done: http://eran0004.deviantart.com/gallery/

Good stuff Erik. 👍 I can't do graphic design at all, as you can tell by my efforts in the OP! :lol:

i am very willing to play along but right now my gt5 disc is not playing normally, it doesnt let me into gt mode, arcade mode etc. basically it freezes where there should become a video playing in the background of various car related things or racing in general and then you choose gt mode or whatever. well, for me, this is not possible. ive had that problem before and it has gone away itself like a god damn ghost but for now i cant play gt5 offline or online. as soon as i can play it again, you guys will be the first i will let know so i can be part of the races You create.

I'm out the now until i get my wheel fixed again, upshift isn't working but going to switch over the micro switch and see how i get on, when i'm back up and running i'll be back to give roh a rub for his money lol.

Here is my application to join Stock Club.

ANSWER: Yes I do.

QUESTION: Are you willing, & confident enough in your understanding of the SCR, to act as a Steward when necessary?
ANSWER: Yes I am.

I may not make every Sunday race, but will do my best. Tomorrow is free and clear 👍

NEWSFLASH! I'll be running a serious team based championship on the 24th of February. You'll be able to vote for which one you want out of 3 possible options. You'll all get a PM regarding them on Sunday night. Watch this space!

:D

I've a question about race 4 on Sunday, Race 4: Suzuka Circuit/Change Weather, SUBARU IMPREZA Sedan WRX STI '10 (AWD), Comfort Soft, 10 lapper = 25 minutes? (wet race ) ( Weather = 50%, Surface Water = 50%, & Weather Changeability = 1.).

You've listed Comfort Soft tyres, with 50% Surface water, I'm assuming we're NOT allowed to use Rain or Intermediate Tyres?

Thanks!

I've a question about race 4 on Sunday, Race 4: Suzuka Circuit/Change Weather, SUBARU IMPREZA Sedan WRX STI '10 (AWD), Comfort Soft, 10 lapper = 25 minutes? (wet race ) ( Weather = 50%, Surface Water = 50%, & Weather Changeability = 1.).

You've listed Comfort Soft tyres, with 50% Surface water, I'm assuming we're NOT allowed to use Rain or Intermediate Tyres?

Thanks!

Your assumptions are correct. The Impreza has a huge amount of grip in the wet, even for an AWD car. Also, Comfort Softs clear the standing water really well, the car is actually quite stable on this combo.

VBR
Your assumptions are correct. The Impreza has a huge amount of grip in the wet, even for an AWD car. Also, Comfort Softs clear the standing water really well, the car is actually quite stable on this combo.

Thanks for clearing that up for me 👍 Just wanted to be sure!

Thanks for clearing that up for me 👍 Just wanted to be sure!

You're welcome sir, I hope to drive with you tomorrow. :D

VBR
If GTP_w-g-e turns up, none of us will be able too, hehe!

I, ah, hope he's busy :lol:

Right on with the Subbie, a surprising amount of grip 👍 Braking distances still evading me, just hate to be on them that long ;)

Right on with the Subbie, a surprising amount of grip 👍 Braking distances still evading me, just hate to be on them that long ;)

If you use RA Functions, try changing the brake balance to see if that helps.

Can't do tonight's racing.. It's a great time for me though.. so great I have another series the same time. The vintage oval series. ^^

so there's a race tomorrow? can anyone give me the specs please so i can see if i have the car thats required, in the first place, and then - if i do - i'll be there :)

so there's a race tomorrow? can anyone give me the specs please so i can see if i have the car thats required, in the first place, and then - if i do - i'll be there :)

All that information is available under the heading; Upcoming Events in the OP.

👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back