Road Classics Mixer Series - looking for more drivers! Join now! :)

Are you doing your testing from your own Lounge?

In the practice mode, the game would turn my laps red if I exceeded the track boundaries, but in my Lounge, I seem to be able to exceed the track boundaries without getting red-flagged.:nervous:

Is there an option to turn this on, that I'm overlooking?

Yes, I'm doing testing usually in my own lounge as I'm not really interested in randoms coming into the room.

And, yes, online doesn't have that possibility to red-flag your laps. I think the equivalent would be to switch on penalties, so that you get power cuts when you go off-track. For testing, I guess you'll just have to be honest to yourself. Usually you know best when you cut a corner anyway...

I'm just missing that damn civic and that skyline 2000 GT-B. Anyone got them?

Thanks gtsail290 for sending the Civic 79.
Coreyb, I sent you the Skyline on Wednesday. Are you sure you checked your gifts & your truck?

I've been keeping track of the car sending here:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/group.php?do=discuss&group=&discussionid=4689

RE: testing

I've been doing most of my testing in the VCRC Lounge.
But I've done it in my own lounge too.
You can put penalties switched to "weak" and "effective in free run", which is enough to let you know when you've cut the track.

The only places on these tracks that would be an issue, I think are the Cape Ring Inside chicane, Autumn Ring Mini, and maybe the Deep Forest Reverse concrete. Otherwise, I don't know there's any significantly cut-worthy corners. ?? Oh... maybe Cote Dazur?

I suppose there are parts of some of the tracks where illegally "going wide" might gain you some time, but I think in almost all of these tracks, there's no danger of you doing it by accident & not realize it - you would have to do it deliberately, or at least you would know you did it.
And oddly, the in-game penalty system often doesn't penalize you for it! Because it's on the "outside"... the game penalty system seems to only penalize off-roading when it's on the "inside". :boggled:
(But I would give post-race penalties for it, if someone was off-roading like that - either grass mowing or 3-4 wheels in run-off areas, habitually lap after lap. In that, once might be an error, 3-4 times would surely be a habit.)

Last edited:
Last night, I loaded the Aso-Dijon track into my Lounge and ran some laps:

Aso - Dijon (1.73 miles)
01:18.689 - Mazda MX-5 Miata (NA) '89 - GTsail2
01:19.216 - Volkswagen Golf I GTI '76 - GTsail2
01:19.491 - Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA 1600 '65 - GTsail2
01:19.715 - Toyota Celica 1600GT (TA22) '70 - GTsail2
01:19.964 - Mitsubishi Lancer 1600 GSR '74 - GTsail2
01:20.293 - Honda 1300 Coupe 9 S '70 - GTsail2
01:21.016 - Nissan Skyline 2000GT-B (S54B) '67 - GTsail2
01:22.556 - Honda Civic 1500 3door CX '79 - GTsail2
01:23.223 - Marcos Mini GT '70 - GTsail2
01:25.740 - Autobianchi A112 Abarth '79 - GTsail2

All of the above laps were run with the tire wear on "normal".

I then ran some laps with the tire wear on "fast" and found that I could match the above times, but that my cars felt just a little more loose, but still controllable. Generally, I was only running two or three laps (after the initial warm-up lap), so I'm not sure that tire wear had really kicked in yet. I had the penalties set to "weak" but this didn't seem to make any difference. Perhaps I didn't exceed the track boundaries anywhere, so they didn't have a chance to kick in.

Great fun!
GTsail

Melon -
I think I have time to run one more test cycle tonite, and I would like to try a test with the tire wear on "fast".:scared:

Do you have a preference for which track I should try next?

GTsail

One of them that no one has done yet already?
(Other than monza which is going to be a spec race so no sense testing there.)
Such as Trial Mountain Reverse, Rome, or Cote Daazur?
Thanks!

I'll do GP/D soon Melon. Gotta practice for my races first ;).

One of them that no one has done yet already?
Such as Trial Mountain Reverse ?
Thanks!

Good suggestion! I think that I will try Trial Mountain Reverse next!

I will turn on the penalties "strong" and see if I have any problems with the yellow cross-hatched areas. I probably should be ok since I will be running the track in reverse.

If I was running the Trial Mountain track forward, I'm sure that the track stewards would come down hard on me:ill:, because my normal racing line takes me thru the yellow cross-hatches!:guilty:

See you on the track!
GTsail

I don't think that's considered outside track boundaries... ??
(If I'm thinking about the right spot.)

Who's up for some practice test racing today? Anyone?
I can probably get in some racing in the next couple of hours.

I don't think that's considered outside track boundaries... ??
(If I'm thinking about the right spot.)

Who's up for some practice test racing today?

I'm alluding to the two areas on the inside of the turns at the beginning of the tunnel hill and at the end of the tunnel hill, where there's some wide yellow cross-hatches. My normal racing line usually takes me thru them, sometimes with two wheels, sometimes with four wheels. Its up to you, our host guru, whether they are inside or outside the track boundaries.:nervous:

I wish I could join you for some practice runs at one of the custom tracks, but I'm not free for more practice until later tonite.

Respectfully,
GTsail

We used those fully in the MPV's and all other series I have raced we were allowed to use them.

I've never thought to police that area as an outside the track boundary, likely because the in-game penalty system has never to my memory penalized that area. Moreover, I think you need all the track you can get in that corner (either direction) in a race, as that's a typical place for smash ups & spin outs as it is. :scared:

We used those fully in the MPV's and all other series I have raced we were allowed to use them.

I hope that we can use them since I've been conditioned to use them (after all the miles I've run at TM).:crazy: I would say that about 90-95% of the races I've run at Trial Mountain have allowed their use. It was a stuggle not to use them during the few times that I've had to race at TM when passing thru the yellow cross-hatches was considered outside the track boundaries.:nervous:

Respectfully,
GTsail

Ok watermelon I'll check in the morning tomorrow before I go to work for the skyline and then I'll add sail so he cans send the civic. Work is very consuming, sorry.

Based upon all the testing I've received, this is the AVERAGE speed order:

Autobianchi A112 Abarth '79
Honda Civic 1500 3door CX '79
Marcos Mini Marcos GT '70
Nissan Skyline 2000GT-B (S54A) '67
Honda 1300 Coupe 9 S '70
Mitsubishi Lancer 1600 GSR '74
Volkswagen Golf I GTI '76
Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA 1600 '65
Toyota Celica 1600GT (TA22) '70
Mazda MX-5 Miata (NA) '89

I will be working on the car assignment list (for variable amounts of drivers) tonight or tomorrow morning & I'll post it as soon as I've worked it out.

Still seeking more drivers! So tell your friends.
There's still time for me to gift some cars.
And there's a system in place if someone is missing a couple of cars for the first event participation. 👍 (They would just use the next one up in the list of 10 cars.)

Last edited:
Hey GTSail I sent you a friend request, so whenever you get a chance you can send that car to me.

Car Assignment Lists:

roadclassicscarassign003.jpg

Hey GTSail I sent you a friend request, so whenever you get a chance you can send that car to me.

Coreyb -
I saw your FR this morning, so I've sent along the '79 Honda Civic, so you should see it the next time you sign in.

Enjoy!
GTsail

I've completed my testing at the Trial Mountain reverse track by running some laps in my Lounge:

Trial Mountain Reverse (2.47 miles)
01:54.067 - Mazda MX-5 Miata (NA) '89 - GTsail2
01:54.598 - Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA 1600 '65 - GTsail2
01:54.814 - Toyota Celica 1600GT (TA22) '70 - GTsail2
01:55.052 - Mitsubishi Lancer 1600 GSR '74 - GTsail2
01:55.098 - Volkswagen Golf I GTI '76 - GTsail2
01:56.307 - Honda 1300 Coupe 9 S '70 - GTsail2
01:57.247 - Nissan Skyline 2000GT-B (S54B) '67 - GTsail2
01:58.881 - Honda Civic 1500 3door CX '79 - GTsail2
01:59.339 - Marcos Mini GT '70 - GTsail2
02:01.547 - Autobianchi A112 Abarth '79 - GTsail2

I ran the laps with "fast" tire wear and "strong" penalties.

I ran all the cars for 5 laps, but didn't really notice any fall-off in the lap times by the end of 5 laps. What I did notice was that the tires seemed to warm up, and that I was almost always faster on lap # 2 than I was on lap # 1 (partly this of course was due to getting used to each car, but I think some of the time gained was due to the tires being fully "warmed up"). As mentioned above, I did find that my racing line was taking me thru the yellow cross-hatched areas (often with four tires).

Great fun!
GTsail

Last edited:
Although we sadly were just 5 people racing, I must say I had a blast doing those races. Except for the last race, which favoured the more powerful cars, I was basically constantly fighting for position and all very clean throughout.

Race 1 was a great fight with SK, and although I got the feeling he was slightly quicker overall, I managed to get ahead before Parabolica in the last lap and had a seemingly healthy lead that shrunk to 0.0xx on the finishing line. Going down to the line I was just shouting "f..., f..., f...!!", because there was nothing I could have done anymore and the finishing line is so far down the straight. Lucky win.

Race 2 in the Civic suprised me somewhat, because the car accelerates rather well from a standstill. Continued the fight with SK, who was in the Mini Marcos, and again we came in inside of 1 sec, 3rd & 4th.

Race 3 I got to drive the Honda 1300, and was chasing SK's Golf around Manja Bene for the whole duration of the race. Managed to squeeze by on start/finish a couple of times, only to lose the lead uphill shortly after every time. Just not enough torque in that engine. :D

In Race 4 I had the Mini Marcos. I was chasing SK in the Civic, but then johnwells was coming from behind to get me on the straights, and I in turn used the agile little car to get back at him through the turns. Lost too much time to challenge SK though, and got 4th in the end.

Race 5 I was in the Golf, which was clearly the right car for the track. Had a more or less uneventful race.

Thanks for the races, guys!

Hey I'm sorry guys I'm so late in getting the results posted. :( I've been both busy & overwhelmed by allergy season :(
I'll get it posted tomorrow.
But I had some really good races on Tuesday. 👍 Almost all of them very close!

Wednesday Event #1 Results
  1. snowgt / GTP_SnowCrash (19pts)
  2. AudiMan2011 / Street-King-07 (18pts)
  3. Coreyb / Coreyb_26 (16pts)
  4. watermelonpunch / wat3rm370n (15pts)
  5. John Wells / johnwells69 (7pts)
Race #1 @ Autodromo Nazionale Monza - Weather (3.60 miles)
  1. snowgt / GTP_SnowCrash / Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA 1600 '65
  2. AudiMan2011 / Street-King-07 / Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA 1600 '65
  3. Coreyb / Coreyb_26 / Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA 1600 '65
  4. watermelonpunch / wat3rm370n / Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA 1600 '65
  5. John Wells / johnwells69 / Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA 1600 '65
Race #2 @ Rome
  1. watermelonpunch / wat3rm370n / Volkswagen Golf I GTI '76
  2. Coreyb / Coreyb_26 / Honda 1300 Coupe 9 S '70
  3. snowgt / GTP_SnowCrash / Honda Civic 1500 3door CX '79
  4. AudiMan2011 / Street-King-07 / Marcos Mini Marcos GT '70
  5. John Wells / johnwells69 / Toyota Celica 1600GT (TA22) '70
Race #3 @ Manja Bene (Toscana tarmac)
  1. AudiMan2011 / Street-King-07 / Volkswagen Golf I GTI '76
  2. snowgt / GTP_SnowCrash / Honda 1300 Coupe 9 S '70
  3. Coreyb / Coreyb_26 / Marcos Mini Marcos GT '70
  4. watermelonpunch / wat3rm370n / Honda Civic 1500 3door CX '79
Race #4 @ Cape Ring Inside
  1. Coreyb / Coreyb_26 / Honda 1300 Coupe 9 S '70
  2. watermelonpunch / wat3rm370n / Volkswagen Golf I GTI '76
  3. AudiMan2011 / Street-King-07 / Honda Civic 1500 3door CX '79
  4. snowgt / GTP_SnowCrash / Marcos Mini Marcos GT '70
Race #5 @ Blick Auf Das Schloss (Eifel Circuit)
  1. snowgt / GTP_SnowCrash / Volkswagen Golf I GTI '76
  2. AudiMan2011 / Street-King-07 / Honda 1300 Coupe 9 S '70
  3. John Wells / johnwells69 / Toyota Celica 1600GT (TA22) '70
  4. watermelonpunch / wat3rm370n / Marcos Mini Marcos GT '70
  5. Coreyb / Coreyb_26 / Honda Civic 1500 3door CX '79

I doubt that the Saturday series will even go ahead since there's only 4 signups.

UPDATE: My PS3 has started cutting to a blank screen even when in the menu of a game. It's happened with GT5 and Black Ops 2 so I might not make the Saturday race tomorrow.

Last edited:
Yes, I think we've got a too low turn out for the Sat. to work.

And I understand it being spring for many of us...
Like me I've been a bit overwhelmed with tending to real life!
:guilty: Sorry guys.

Hopefully we can get more turn out on Tuesday.
And perhaps get more people together for this or something soon.

Yes, I think we've got a too low turn out for the Sat. to work.

And I understand it being spring for many of us...
Like me I've been a bit overwhelmed with tending to real life!
:guilty: Sorry guys.

Hopefully we can get more turn out on Tuesday.
And perhaps get more people together for this or something soon.

I'm thinking the sheer number of necessary cars might also be scaring some people off. Not everyone has a complete vintage carpark in GT5. :sly:

But spring is certainly a factor as well.

Back