Layout - AWD
Transmission - 4-speed automatic
Power - 230 HP @ 5400 RPM
Torque - 227 lb-ft @ 4400 RPM
Curb weight - 3525 lb
Zero to 60 mph - 7.3 sec
Standing 1/4-mile - 15.4 sec @ 92.5 mph
Price - $26,250

I like Subaru's, but not so much these. I like the black top, I always thought that was cool on cars. Interesting styling, something is off about it though, a bunch of weird stuff going on with the windows and rear. I have to give it an uncool. And same as Toronado said, without the rating.

I've missed this car since GT2. i wish PD'd put it back in the game, with the Eunos Cosmo as well...

But it's just kind of an oddity. I like it, but I don't REALLY like it. I think it gets a cool for oddness.

Sub-Zero, this one is one I can't explain. The car is just awesome all over, from the starship look to the useless side windows. And then there is the name I can't even remotely pronounce. Hell even the car's logo looks like it's from some underground organisation out to take over the world.

Alcyone_emblem3.jpg

Sub-Zero, this one is one I can't explain. The car is just awesome all over, from the starship look to the useless side windows. And then there is the name I can't even remotely pronounce. Hell even the car's logo looks like it's from some underground organisation out to take over the world.

Alcyone_emblem3.jpg

This changed my vote from uncool to a cool.👍

I don't know a single thing about this car.

Oh, I know that it's AWD, that it's a Subaru, and that it has a flat six engine. But I don't know if it handles well, if it's reliable or if the interior is any good.

So... I have to default to the superficial coolness meter. Knowing nothing about this car... every time I see it... I think... "cool, an SVX!" It's got windows like a Lamborghini, an engine like a Porsche and a shape straight out of 80's pulp sci-fi. Subzero, just for that.

Subzero, this is one of those cars that the coolness rating can simply be on design alone. Who cares what the drivetrain and suspension are like. :D Always wanted one of these, and they are so very rare. I've seen maybe 8-10 different ones total since 1992, that's it.

Cool, one of the few Japanese cars that hasn't been repeatedly molested by street racers.

1) It's a Subaru.
2) It's not too bad looking.
3) It's very unique(To me at least). Not as well known as the Legacy or Impreza.

Therefore, it's cool.

It's coupe.
It's AWD
It has NA flat six with decent power for the era.
Subaru's answer to Mitsu 3000GT
Not too reliable, however, SVX engine is a common swap into older Porsches.

SUB ZERO!

Two people own SVXs around here. I asked one of them how he liked it, and he said that he would trade nothing for it.

Sub-zero, if you haven't guessed.

Cool - just look at it. It's so weird it's (somehow) cool.

Would be S-Z with a six-speed manual and an Impreza STi engine.

Cool - just look at it. It's so weird it's (somehow) cool.

Would be S-Z with a six-speed manual and an Impreza STi engine.

that is what I was thinking.

Cool.

Theres an old guy in town that has driven one of these for atleast the last 12 years (since new I suppose) and I've always turned my head to look at it. The windows would be annoying in the summer and the fact that it only came with an AT is sort of lame, but the AWD and unique styling (and logo as Joey pointed out) make this a cool car.

Ugly, slow, stupid. Seriously uncool.

You seem to be on a tangent :lol:. What about it is stupid? The speed is irrelevant, but the styling and at that time a good drivetrain if taken care of should at least get a cool.

I'd go against the grain and say I wouldn't want a turbo motor in there. Maybe one of the newer Boxer6s (such as the EZ36 currently in the B9 Tribeca), but with a 6 speed manual it would be perfectly alright with the engine it has.

I'd go against the grain and say I wouldn't want a turbo motor in there. Maybe one of the newer Boxer6s (such as the EZ36 currently in the B9 Tribeca), but with a 6 speed manual it would be perfectly alright with the engine it has.

+1 A 6spd would be a good addition for this car and it would scoot along much better.

Looks like a fun little runaround car, and not very many people who drive them are complete err... morons. Come to think of it, I don't really see these cars very much.

COOL

For all those complaining about the lack of manual, bolting a 6spd out of a WRX into these is apparently very easy, many owners do such a conversion.
I was surprised to see one of these lives in my local area, very rare, but driven by a 50yr old lady.:lol:
User CraftyLandShark used to own one on here, but he left and hasn't been back for ages. His was black on black rims and looked a hell of a lot nicer than the one in the first post.
I won't be voting though since some people can't handle my opinion on here.:rolleyes:

CraftyLandShark is around, he's usually stirring up trouble in the Opinion forum.

Back