The Next TGC

• Thread starter Jetboy.
  • 43 comments
United States
Pennsylvania
Darkdeeds427
Aaaaaannnd we're back again. TGC3 is working out the same as the previous two in structure and form, but it would be nice to have a new discussion thread since the last was crowded with two series' worth of jumbled info. :lol:

So here's the release of info:

WHAT IS IT?
This racing series deals with top tuning garages of GTPlanet and their competition against each other. It is to be run as a six race series.​

WHAT ARE THE CAR SPECIFICATIONS?
All cars fall into the power to weight ratio of 4.6 killograms per horsepower. That means, if a garage is nuts enough to enter a 500 horsepower car, it will have to weigh 2300 killos. Alternately, a car that weighs 700 killo's can only generate a maximum 152 horsepower. All cars will be run on N2 ("Comfort") tires. Spoilers and nitrous are NOT allowed.​

EXPLAIN MORE RULES
It works as thus: Each tuning garage supplies two vehicles that are to be shown within this post. The car has to be pre-existing within their garage prior to this competition starting (Monday March 29th).​

Pre-existing cars may be tweaked from their counterparts in horsepower and weight only but! Suspension/ Transmission settings are to be left alone, as this is the search for the best All Around vehicle. Also, if the car was pre-developed with a spoiler, you will have to remove it.
(Example: M.F.T. has their Grim R34per as most of us know. It could presumably be used, but the weight/power must be changed to adapt to this competition as well as the spoiler must be stripped, whereas the suspension of transmission must remain as first developed.)

Cars developed for this competition must be hosted in the garage to be elligible.

The cars oil must be changed prior to tuning.

Cars with factory-adjustable downforce may not be used. (E.g.: Merc-Benz 190E)

Race Cars, The Opera S2000, Amuse S2000 GT1, the R390 GT1 Road Car, Honda NSX LM Road Car, The Viper GTSR Concept, Cadillac Cien, and the Suzuki GSXR4 are not elligible for competition. I'm looking for built, not bought.​

Track Listing will Not be revealed until the starting day of that race week.

Privateers may not enter their own car. You must be associated with a garage or the creater of a garage.​

Privateers may not be allowed cross reference between garages. However, either of the two garage rides are at your disposal. You may use either one to get your best time.​

There now are three systems for points. Points are awarded for: the top Garage Owner/Proprietor's placement, Privateers, and individuals.

Example for Privateer/Garage Owner Points
1st: Smallhorses-------(Privateer)-----20 pts
2nd: Austin343--------(Privateer)-----18 pts
3rd: Greycap----------(Owner MFT)---20 pts
4th: Jetboy-----------(Owner JHoS)---18 pts
5th: KingofWeasels----(Privateer)------16 pts
6th: TheStig13--------(Privateer)------14 pts
7th: sejtur------------(Privateer)------12 pts
8th: Leonidae---------(Owner MFT)-----0 pts
9th: shoman----------(Owner SPM)----16 pts

Individual Points
1st: Smallhorses-------20 pts
2nd: Austin343--------18 pts
3rd: Greycap----------16 pts
4th: Jetboy-----------14 pts
5th: KingofWeasels----12 pts
6th: TheStig13--------10 pts
7th: sejtur-------------8 pts
8th: Leonidae----------6 pts
9th: shoman-----------4 pts

Notice the difference from the last series. Instead of a garage having a "hired gun" to make them look well, this system shows the abilities of the garage's owner/tuner. In the Garage Owner Standings, notice Leo as the second Owner get no points because MFT's other owner finished ahead of him.​

Frequently Asked Questions
FAQ #1.: If a garage doesn't want to participate can the member(s) of said garage drive for another?
Answer: I have no issue with this. I ask, however, that the participants stick to one garage as they do this.

FAQ #2.: All of the cars will have WPR's of 4.6 or higher, run on N2's and must be able to be bought (No Concept Cars), right? Or do you have to get permission to use certain cars (Like, say, the Pontiac Solsitce Coupe Concept or the Acura HSC)?

Answer: Correct. Certain cars, such as the Viper GTSR and the Suzuki GSXR4 have a serious performance advantage over normal vehicles. The Suzuki is the LM-Car Killer; the Viper with superior downforce values. Also, the Opera S2000 is not ellegible for its inhuman grip, as the R390 GT1 and the NSX LM Road Car for their amazing downforce.

However: If there's a concept car you really want to try out for competition, and it (as in this comp) exists in your or your proprietor's garage, you can ask and I will weigh if there's a specific vehicular advantage. I see personally no issues with the aforementioned Solstice or the Acura.

FAQ #3.: To top it off there will a seperate "Privateer Class" for people who aren't affiliated with a Tuning Garage and want to compete with cars of they're own creation, correct?

Answer: Not correct. You can pick a garage to run with as last time, just your points will be allocated differently. ;)

So here we go again. :mischievous:

Last edited:
You know, I think that perhaps there should be a handicap applied to cars that have extreme mechanical grip from factory, such as SLK and Crossfire..

Last edited:
Yep, I'm certainly excited to be using N2 tires. I'm going to be driving once agian for Jetboy. 👍

Sounds interesting, I'm in if I can get some drivers. (Smallhorses? :D)

I missed the last season so I'm thinking of joining for this season one way or another.

MadMax

Sounds interesting, I'm in if I can get some drivers. (Smallhorses? :D)

I'm going to be in England, and away from the PS2 for the next 6 weekends, and 5 full weeks.
Guess that limits my capabilities as a driver really?!!! :ouch:

Last edited:
You know, I think that perhaps there should be a handicap applied to cars that have extreme mechanical grip from factory, such as SLK and Crossfire..

Well, I was going to suggest a listing of various cars in your opinions that would inspire you to cry fowl. I know the First-Gen Corvette is... Incredible no matter what tires it's on, same with the Elan.

I missed the last season so I'm thinking of joining for this season one way or another.
Thanks for saddling up once again, 'Max. :)
PF
Bought in-game or IRL? For example prize cars that can't be bought in-game but can IRL.
Well, as stated before with the example of the Solstice or the Acura, ask me and I'll release a verdict. There's a distinct possibility that even I am going to use a concept vehicle.. So if you have a car in mind, PM me.

Edit: I just saw where you quoted. That was a question asked; there never was a rule distinctly against using concept vehicles. However, depending upon vehicle, there may be a distinct performance capability over a normal car, hence why I ask that you ask before using/developing the car.

I'm going to be in England, and away from the PS2 for the next 6 weekends, and 5 full weeks.
Guess that limits my capabilities as a driver really?!!! :ouch:
Crap. :(

Also, there are some small amendments I apparently need to make in the first post for clarification purposes, so I'm going to give it a keener eye. Anyone has any other questions, please ask. :)

Cheers
Corey

Last edited:
I need a driver also I would really like stidriver pilot my skyline since he did an excellent job on the ring.

Hi, I would like to get a ride for the next event. Where do I send my resume?
This is pretty much it, just toss it out there and wait for a Garage to pick you up. :) It helps if you put down some stats like your licenses and so on. 👍

Hm... to me, it looks like there isn't enough interest from drivers or from tuners to contest this series. :indiff: I really don't envision that interest would suddenly appear from out of thin air near the start of the competition. It's too bad, but I think that many people either are bored of TGCs or have been scared away by the N2 tires.

I ain't scared. Just have limited time and am still trying to find a couple cars that work well on N2's.

Also, not much if any cars in my GT4 garage have a WPR of 4.600.

Hm... to me, it looks like there isn't enough interest from drivers or from tuners to contest this series. :indiff: I really don't envision that interest would suddenly appear from out of thin air near the start of the competition. It's too bad, but I think that many people either are bored of TGCs or have been scared away by the N2 tires.
I seriously hope not..
I ain't scared. Just have limited time and am still trying to find a couple cars that work well on N2's.

Also, not much if any cars in my GT4 garage have a WPR of 4.600.
Yeah, that's the challenge of it; I even had a hell of a time :lol:. I'm going to put out a line of PMs to the various garages. So far I can tell you this:

JHoS (Duh) is online.
MFT is in.
PF and a string of others working together were looking to tune for it.
Apparently MCG is reappearing (Thank you Adam).

Grease Monkey is a blank thusfar, same with AMMT or Incredible Tuning or whatever the hell they decided to call themselves this month.

I'll churn out those PMs and see what we got.

Would rather finish TCv5 lightweight and middleweight before I do another TGC. Sorry Corey, count me out personally this time, but I am willing to do a couple of cars IF I have some hired monkeys to do the driving so that GME is represented. 👍

I'll be racing again for this season of TGC, but I will wait until the garages release their cars as the car I was in last season didn't suit my driving style.

I did find a car that is a possibility. Stock weight and almost stock power, but it seems to handle N2's ok.

I did find a car that is a possibility. Stock weight and almost stock power, but it seems to handle N2's ok.

With his permission, I'll be driving for MCG again. But he still needs a good driver. :lol:

Jetboy
Pre-existing cars may be tweaked from their counterparts in horsepower and weight only but!

So , power and weight are adjustable. Transmission and suspension not..

Most , no.. All my tunes are Drag-spec and have no custom brakes. Can I add and adjust the brakes?
Also.. my tunes have TCS guite high. So can't I turn that off?
And then , the ballast comes by tune. Can it be adjusted and repositioned as part of power-weight adjustments.

About power figures and power to weight ratio , where am I supposed to grab them?
(garage/engine curve and garage/count by self)

Then , cars pre-existing.. before Marc 29th or before post #1 Mar 04 2010, 7:26 AM ?

MadMax

So , power and weight are adjustable. Transmission and suspension not..

Correct.

Most , no.. All my tunes are Drag-spec and have no custom brakes. Can I add and adjust the brakes?
Also.. my tunes have TCS guite high. So can't I turn that off?
And then , the ballast comes by tune. Can it be adjusted and repositioned as part of power-weight adjustments.

Yes, yes, and yes. But I'd feel using a drag car, unless a real surpriser, would prolly be a bad idea. I'd rather clean-sheet a new ride, but it's your call. However, if you do alter a pre-existing car, you'll have to show on the setup what changes were made obviously so your teamates can build their own.

About power figures and power to weight ratio , where am I supposed to grab them?
(garage/engine curve and garage/count by self)
You're in your garage display, where you can select cars; select either drop-down menu (Horsepower or Driven are the defaults) and select Power To Weight Ratio.

Then , cars pre-existing.. before Marc 29th or before post #1 Mar 04 2010, 7:26 AM ?

Before the March 29th Launch.

MadMax

Thanks for showing interest, Max. :D

It is to be run as a six race series.

So is this races, or hotlaps as in the previous series?

If it's "just" hotlaps, then I may be interested. I'll give it more thought once cars start being released ;)

So is this races, or hotlaps as in the previous series?

If it's "just" hotlaps, then I may be interested. I'll give it more thought once cars start being released ;)

If I am correct. It is just hot laps. Just as the two previous series were. Short and sweet.

OH GOD HOW CAN YOU PEOPLE TUNE CARS ON THESE GODFORSAKEN ****ING TYRES?

*exhale*

Thanks for letting me vent, I needed to say it to people who know what I'm on about. Have used N3s a fair bit in 200pt-hunting mode, but always with a mediocre/dreadful car that's not worth the effort to tune. I've just gotta get the idea, the concept ... bloody something.

N2's aren't as bad as I first thought they would be. I thought lateral grip and forward traction would be a problem, but not as much as I thought. The biggest problem is under braking. The wheels just lock up and slide.

Back