Poll: Cockpit view

Would you prefer any kind of cockpit view in the standard cars rather than none?

• Yes

Votes: 246 76.4%
  • No

Votes: 76 23.6%

• Total voters

SuperCobraJet

(Banned)
United States
Virginia USA
SuperCobraJet1
I just had an idea. I don't see how it could take but so long to develope maybe four generic cockpit views based on, roadster, coupe, whatever or different styles and apply them possibly by selection to the standard cars.

Just one, applicable to all would be preferable I would imagine, as opposed to no cockpit view.

The biggest problem maybe the manufacturers, but hey if Kaz knows about GTP then we can let our desires known through the pole, who knows maybe we could get somekind of cockpitview. The blacked over if nothing else.

It maybe for naught, but you never know.

Oh for crying out loud!!

Nowhere does it say there's no cockpit view!

Kaz stated the standard cars don't have an 'interior view'. This means they haven't modelled all the seats, transmission tunnel, door trim etc. Hence when you see the vids of the standard cars, they have tinted windows and just an silhouette of the seats, as opposed to the Enzo which has clear windows and a fully modelled interior.

You will still be able to drive the standard cars from 'in car'/cockpit view complete with modelled dash and instruments, they just won't have the fully modelled 360 degrees interior like the premium cars.

How much clearer can it be!

I don't give a crap about the standard cars, and to be honest I find it odd so many are excited about them.

Oh for crying out loud!!

Kaz stated the standard cars don't have an 'interior view'. This means they haven't modelled all the seats, transmission tunnel, door trim etc. Hence when you see the vids of the standard cars, they have tinted windows and just an silhouette of the seats, as opposed to the Enzo which has clear windows and a fully modelled interior.

You will still be able to drive the standard cars from 'in car'/cockpit view complete with modelled dash and instruments, they just won't have the fully modelled 360 degrees interior like the premium cars.

It doesn't appear anything is clear at this point.
Nowhere so far have I seen your pronouncement stated as part of the standard cars features.
Kaz did indicate it was possible to use black frames interior view, but didn't say they would have it.

Last edited:
Oh for crying out loud!!

It clearly stated in the official website that standard cars will not have Interior view, whether the interior is the cockpit view is yet to be determined.

What kind of a poll is this? Of course we'd want cockpit view over no cockpit view. Why isn't there an option for "makes no difference"?

I don't see why they can't implement maybe 30-50 generic cockpits to fill up another 400+ cars. But a) that would take more time and b) People would constantly bombard them with critiscism of the innaccuracies of a lot of the standard car interiors.

Would I prefer it? Yes. Is it going to happen? No, not a chance. The black outline like in GTPSP is far more likely.

I don't see why they can't implement maybe 30-50 generic cockpits to fill up another 400+ cars. But a) that would take more time and b) People would constantly bombard them with critiscism of the innaccuracies of a lot of the standard car interiors.

Would I prefer it? Yes. Is it going to happen? No, not a chance. The black outline like in GTPSP is far more likely.

They won't exactly escape criticism with no cockpit view either.

But making those generic cockpits is simply time wasted if they're going to go back and update all the standard cars later on.

Assuming thats their intention, why didn't Kaz just say they will have the black frame interior until they are modeled and offered later?

I don't give a crap about the standard cars, and to be honest I find it odd so many are excited about them.

Because the standard cars are most likely the lower-end cars, as PD would probably focus more on the higher end exotic cars. (Other than the Prologue vehicles).

You are going to end up playing with these lower end cars at the beginning of the game. So, Its important that when people start off the game and spend there 15 grand on a used skyline that it includes the cockpit view.

I find it odd how you didn't understand this.

Frankly, I would like to see the road cars (Civics, Lancers, Supras) all being the actual premium cars, and the high end supercars being the standard ones.
Its more exciting to use cockpit for the regular low-end cars then some 700Hp+ super car.

I voted for the poll. I think even the quality of GT5 Prologue is acceptable. If there is no cockpit view, there will be no face-tracking in standard cars.

Last edited:

Agreed. 30-40 generic views are acceptable for me.:)

I would take the PSP view, any day, over no interior view at all!

I'd actually prefer a bonnet- or rooftop-mounted camera like the one in GT4. I find that I need to see where I'm pointing the nose of the car in order to get the best lap time.

I would even take the GT PSP style, just because I like that view.

Hear hear! It would be nice. I'd actually prefer that to fully rendered premium cockpits... because, yeah, seeing the car's unique steering wheel is nice. But I've got a real one right in front of me, and if I want to see it, I can look down.

I would prefer it if all cars were standard, with the GT PSP cockpit view.

i gotta say….. cockpit cam is great for a few races….. but i quickly switch back to bonnet/bumper cam for precision racing…… so really doesnt effect me one bit
if anything, it’ll make earning the premium cars all the more special.

As a game’s developer myself, i appreciate the amount of work it takes to make a game. 200 premium cars with full interiors is a HUGE task. Having all 1000+ cars with fully modelled interiors probably wouldnt even be possible.. certainly not to the high standards we expect from PD. Also, 200 premium cars is still a LOT more cars than most racing games have in total, so to have 1000+…. what more do you want? Animated ants at the side of the track? Fluid dynamics for the fuel as it passes through the engine?

If the 'No interior view' only means 'no seats, door trims etc' but all 1000+ cars will have cockpit cam i'd truely be gobsmacked.... thats a HUGE task to pull that off. I cant see it happening, but i'd applaud them if they manage it. Either way, this game will be epic.

Of course. I like to play racing sim on cockpit view only :)

I know some guys with wheels do not prefer but for me it is important. Hope before release they announce all standard cars too will have cockpit views :nervous:

Of course. I like to play racing sim on cockpit view only :)

I know some guys with wheels do not prefer but for me it is important. Hope before release they announce all standard cars too will have cockpit views :nervous:

I'm not a wheel man so it is not a huge dissapointment for me.
However if I was, as many at GTP are, it would be.
It's less likely I will become one now as well.

I also hope there will be a cockpit view, black frame if nothing else.

A cockpit view by GT5:P standards is the minimum acceptable, IMO.
Honestly, what do you think is going to happen with statements like this? That PD will see the reception the 800 standard cars will get and decide to upgrade them all to Premium? It would take years to recreate them all, and more importantly, it can't be done. PD found the limits of the PS3 in making those 200.

Back