GT5 PS3 Resources

• Thread starter Lilday
  • 27 comments
Lilday / GTP_Lilday
Welcome to the GTPlanet Gran Turismo 5 Themes, Wallpapers, Icons and Resources thread. Feel free to contribute your own work or comment on others!​

RULES
-Only post content which you have created, or have permission to use & distribute.
-If you have content to add to the database, post it in this thread and send me a PM so I am aware that your content should be added to the original post.
-Offer comments & criticism to other users, but (and this goes without saying) do it nicely, telling somebody "Your wallpaper sucks" wont help them improve and certainly wont give them any incentive to contribute more.
-If posting images, ensure they are .PNG format

If you decide to use any wallpapers/themes/icons please post in the thread which you chose, This way I can track the most popular items.
Here is a video example of how I have made my PS3 look:

Theme used: Aniom Tesla v3.1.5 (http://www.nyleveia.com/download.php?dl=AniomTesla_v3.1.5.p3t)
Images of my PS3 setup (Click for Larger versions):

Background used: GT5RED

Background used: GT5BLUE
Icons used: GT5BlackL & GT5RBL

----------The Database----------

----------Wallpapers----------
(Click thumbnails for full size)

Name: GT5Orig
Author: Lilday
Resolution: 1920x1080

Name: GT5Gradient

Name: GT5LogoR

Name:GT5IconsR

Name:GT5IconsLogoL

Name:GT5IconsLogoR

Name:GT5GTRIcons
Author: Lilday, Credit to Advan/Neova for GTR

Name:GT5GTR

Name:GT5BLUE

Name:GT5RED

Name:ABR8
Author: Abraxas

Name:ABM3

Name:ABEiger

Name:ABMK4

Name:ABLambo

Name:GTPEnzo1
Author: Teh Loserer

Name:GTPEnzo2
Author: Teh Loserer

----------Icons----------
(Click thumbnails for full size)

Name:GT5BlackL
Resolution:440x330

Name:GT5RBL
Resolution:295x181

Name:GT5LogoLB
Author: Wakas
Resolution:1833x1875

Name:GT5AlbaIconsBlue(InsertCountryHere)
Author: Alba
These Icons are created by Alba, click the link for the relative Icon.
Example:
unitedkingdom.png

Australia --- Belgium --- Brazil --- Canada --- Croatia --- Denmark --- Europe --- Finland

France --- germany --- Gran Turismo --- Hong Kong --- Ireland --- Italy --- Japan --- Japan 2

Mexico --- Netherlands --- Norway --- Poland --- Pholyphony --- Porto Rico --- Portugal --- Russia

Spain --- Sweden --- United Kingdom --- United States --- Wales

Name:GT5AlbaIconsRed(InsertCountryHere)
These Icons are created by Alba, click the link for the relative Icon.
Example:
unitedkingdom.png

Australia --- Belgium --- Brazil --- Canada --- Croatia --- Denmark --- Europe --- Finland

France --- germany --- Gran Turismo --- Hong Kong --- Ireland --- Italy --- Japan --- Japan 2

Mexico --- Netherlands --- Norway --- Poland --- Pholyphony --- Porto Rico --- Portugal --- Russia

Spain --- Sweden --- United Kingdom --- United States --- Wales

----------Themes----------
(Click links to download)

Name:AlbaGT5Blue
granturismo.png

Link to Download

Name:AlbaGT5Red
granturismo.png

Link to Download

----------Resource sheets----------
(Click images for full size)

Name:GT5Resources
Resolution:1551x949

Name:1080pSIZEGRID
Resolution:1920x1080

Be sure to post any comments/criticism to authors, and post any of your own work to be added to the database!

----------Installation----------
Save any items from this database directly to a flash drive and then upload/store them on your PS3, or as an alternative, send an online message via PSN to GTP_Lilday including the name of the file you would like, and I will send you the file as an attachment through the PSN message system.

*All credits and citations were correct at the time of creating, if you notice an incorrect credit or wish for your work to be removed please contact me via PM or gonein60seconds@hotmail.co.uk

Last edited:
Here's my contribution......
With full transparency

Thanks for that, Added it to the list. (It shows up as a black image due to the default settings on the thumbnails having black backgrounds, but I made a comment explaining.)

Thanks for the comments guys, good to see people already contributing.

edit: never mind, fixed the issue with the black background :)

Updated the original post with Albas themes and all of his icons for each country. Looks like this thread is taking shape now.

(Sorry for the double post but I thought it would be better to let everybody know the themes are now online).

Someone can make a theme using the icons from the menu screens we got from the tokyo game show. Those screens offer a lot to work with. Just a suggestion. 👍

Someone can make a theme using the icons from the menu screens we got from the tokyo game show. Those screens offer a lot to work with. Just a suggestion. 👍

I attempted to use the icons but they are small, and I don't have the experience in PS to scale them up at the same time as keeping their quality acceptable.

You can see in some of the wallpapers I created I have used the icons from the TGS screens as part of the background, but that is the highest quality I can get them.

Hi, i'v recently download one of the themes and background (albaGT5 blue)
and i followed the instructions in the read-me but im having trouble getting the Blue background with the GTR show up.

The icons etc from the theme work fine its just the background that doesnt show.
When i go into select backgrounds the options for the GT5 screen is there but when i selected it, nothing changes and it stays the same as default.

If anyone could help me out, it would be greatly appreciated.

cheers

I'll try to contribute something til GT5 release. I hope I won't have any delays :D

Hi, i'v recently download one of the themes and background (albaGT5 blue)
and i followed the instructions in the read-me but im having trouble getting the Blue background with the GTR show up.

The icons etc from the theme work fine its just the background that doesnt show.
When i go into select backgrounds the options for the GT5 screen is there but when i selected it, nothing changes and it stays the same as default.

If anyone could help me out, it would be greatly appreciated.

cheers

The gt5 Blue wallpaper with the GTR is not included with the theme. You need to download the image seperately and then put it on your PS3, Then view the image and select 'set as wallpaper.'

Abraxas : I will update the post with your wallpapers when I get home :)

I got tons more but I need to clean them up and put them together lol :P

Out of curiosity, what do the "icons" do? Can you download them on the PS3 and have them replace your current themes icons?

Great work on the theme and backgrounds as well. You guys know how to do some really cool stuff.

Out of curiosity, what do the "icons" do? Can you download them on the PS3 and have them replace your current themes icons?

Great work on the theme and backgrounds as well. You guys know how to do some really cool stuff.

The Icons can be downloaded to your PS3 and saved as images, you can then go to the user selection (far left of the screen) and press triangle on the person/account you want to change the logo of. (Right now you may have a smiley face or another default that comes on the PS3?) But once you have pressed triangle on the user you can select 'Information', and then press 'X' on the image. In the bottom right it allows you to use a picture from your HDD, so you can use one of the Icons as your profile image.

(Check the beginning of the video for an example. However I am now using Alba's Icons.)

This image also shows my User accounts with custom icons:
http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/7607/dsc00917ly.jpg

I decided this thread needed some Ferrari love, but I'm at work on a crappy computer and don't have PS. So here's what I threw together, using teh intArwebs, a couple of images already submitted and MS paint.
:D

Enjoy!

*edit*
Here's the same thing with a few changes made so it looks right on the PSP.

Last edited:
hi OP, aka Mr. Lilday .. i just needed to let you know that you suck :)

haha ... just kidding. but that picture of your setup with the blue lighting?? ... i want it!

i just showed my wife that pic and her reaction was like "oh god, we're gonna have a blue room now" ... i just said, "hell yeah!"

thanks for the idea ... and any recommendations/advice you can give me on setting that up?

Back