Official Benchmark: Final Fantasy XIV

• Thread starter Pako
  • 125 comments
Gear Acquisition Syndrome, nice one :lol:👍

I just need something to use that gear for. Some sort of excuse to go out and buy stuff...

[seed_planting]
144hz displays x3

There, go get your gear. ;)

I will say, after going from 60hz to 144hz with vsync locked at 144 fps, I will never go back. It is liquid man.
[/seed_planting]

Last edited:
Sorry TB, looks like djinline bumped ya with his AMD machine. :)

It did better than I initially expected, not exactly a rig for maxing out games. :sly:

Is this one benchmark per member only or can we benchmark a score for other resolutions too, Sir? I understand if we cannot. :)

It did better than I initially expected, not exactly a rig for maxing out games. :sly:

Is this one benchmark per member only or can we benchmark a score for other resolutions too, Sir? I understand if we cannot. :)

👍

Oh, by all means, run it for all resolutions if you like. It's interesting to see how some setups will exceed the scores at some resolutions, but fall behind in others, even when comparing like systems.

I will only post your top score per resolution, per category, however.

:cheers:

👍

Oh, by all means, run it for all resolutions if you like. It's interesting to see how some setups will exceed the scores at some resolutions, but fall behind in others, even when comparing like systems.

I will only post your top score per resolution, per category, however.

:cheers:

Alright, thank you very much, Sir! I added the benchmark results for other resolutions in my previous post! :cheers: 👍

[seed_planting]
That seed is more like a palm tree now :lol:

However:

ex9E9dL.jpg

That's my desk. Can't fit much more on it without being unable to open my remaining window :D

More coconut planting ..... Three monitors rotated in portrait mode would not only be sick, but it would fit just fine. ;). Just a thought.....

Alright, thank you very much, Sir! I added the benchmark results for other resolutions in my previous post! :cheers: 👍

Alright! I got all your scores updated. 👍

@Luminis:

I took the liberty to give you an idea what your gaming space could look like as described in my previous post.
NF724lR.jpg

Personally, I don't see why people are satisfied with monitor bezel's in the middle of their screens. They drive me nuts, and besides the nausea, the bezel is why I stopped my triple monitor setup. I was also setup with x3 27" horizontally and actually had to turn my head to see far left and far right. A portrait setup would be way cooler in my opinion, but again, the bezel's are a huge deterrent for me to go back to multi-monitor gaming.

With all that set, there is still a huge "coolness" factor that needs to be taken into consideration. :D

With all of that said, I am saving my money now so when 4k displays become more mainstream and available and geared towards high refresh rates and low response times, I will be ready to make the next transition.

Last edited:
Pako, you're kinda sorta evil :lol: My bank account says so, at the very least :lol:

But I get that point about the bezels. I'd rather have one HUGE screen than three smaller ones... But having three monitors in portrait mode is extremely random, isn't it? That might be why I like the idea :lol:

Three monitors at 1920x1080 in portrait is roughly the same proportions as a single landscaped 1920x1080 but with higher resolution.

[/watering the seeds] ;)

Dan0543 - i7 3820@3.8ghz - [1] x msi gtx770 gaming edition @ 1162MHz/1752MHz - asetek 510lc (120mm radiator)/stock gpu cooling on air

Nice run! 👍 Way to take the single card lead. Updated.

Thanks:) I'd better hope you don't decide to run one of your 780s :scared:
Still got plenty of room for overclocking the gpu, its at stock at the moment. shame this benchmark can't run at my native resolution of 2560x1080, but I've tested and the full game can 👍

Thanks:) I'd better hope you don't decide to run one of your 780s :scared:
Still got plenty of room for overclocking the gpu, its at stock at the moment. shame this benchmark can't run at my native resolution of 2560x1080, but I've tested and the full game can 👍

:) I've thought about running a single card run, but am holding off for now. :D

As far as custom resolutions, you can tweak the ffxivbenchmarklauncher.ini file to set different custom resolutions.

2560x1080? That's some crazy wide aspect you got there. What monitor are you running?

Why am I seeing a membrane keyboard there, Pako? You need to fix that and get a mech keyboard.

I'm contemplating running this on my old AMD setup and on my current setup but swapping the 6950's for the 4870 I still have.

Why am I seeing a membrane keyboard there, Pako? You need to fix that and get a mech keyboard.

I'm contemplating running this on my old AMD setup and on my current setup but swapping the 6950's for the 4870 I still have.

Membrane what??? Whatchu Twalkin Aboot???

[EDITED] Ohhhhhh...... No, that's not my setup. I just did a mock up of what a 3way monitor setup could look like for Luminis while maintaining his horizontal limitations, not wanting to block the window. :)

I am running mechanical on everything I touch except my laptop. 👍

:)
2560x1080? That's some crazy wide aspect you got there. What monitor are you running?

I'm using the asus sonicmaster mx299q to be precise, picked it up 2 weeks ago. 21:9 ultra wide, after having seen a few demos i couldn't help but get it! its an ips panel, and with evga precision it can overclock to 80hz very smoothly which gives it a nice boost:)

I'm using the asus sonicmaster mx299q to be precise, picked it up 2 weeks ago. 21:9 ultra wide, after having seen a few demos i couldn't help but get it! its an ips panel, and with evga precision it can overclock to 80hz very smoothly which gives it a nice boost:)

Very nice! 21:9 aspect is very nice. Almost like having a dual monitor setup without the bezel!

Membrane what??? Whatchu Twalkin Aboot???

[EDITED] Ohhhhhh...... No, that's not my setup. I just did a mock up of what a 3way monitor setup could look like for Luminis while maintaining his horizontal limitations, not wanting to block the window. :)

I am running mechanical on everything I touch except my laptop. 👍

Ah. Sorry about that then. :lol:

Ah. Sorry about that then. :lol:

I mean, come on man.... Honestly. :lol:

In other news, how are you liking the game dan0543? I've almost pulled the trigger several times. Just not sure I want to get into grinding to get my character leveled, etc.... Just too much other distractions at the moment. Looks fun though if the US servers are up and authenticating.

Yeah, rub some salt on the wound, why don't you?

:lol:
:lol:

I mean, come on man.... Honestly. :lol:

In other news, how are you liking the game dan0543? I've almost pulled the trigger several times. Just not sure I want to get into grinding to get my character leveled, etc.... Just too much other distractions at the moment. Looks fun though if the US servers are up and authenticating.

I'm playing as we speak. looks really nice, if you can get past the ridiculously old fashioned and convuluted server system and service accounts. Really you need somebody to play it with, teaming up on quests gains you more experience and shortens the amount of slow downs between each main quest you do. plus there's a lot of mechanics to discuss.
Playing with a freind now, joining the only server with free space and i had to queue for that one too! but that's just mmo's at release in general i suppose.

I'm playing as we speak. looks really nice, if you can get past the ridiculously old fashioned and convuluted server system and service accounts. Really you need somebody to play it with, teaming up on quests gains you more experience and shortens the amount of slow downs between each main quest you do. plus there's a lot of mechanics to discuss.
Playing with a freind now, joining the only server with free space and i had to queue for that one too! but that's just mmo's at release in general i suppose.

I've heard that alot, solo runs just aren't that fun or productive. Not sure if I'll jump into the FFX MMO world, but you never know.... :D

Let's pretend none of this happened. :dopey:

Pretend none of what happened??? :dopey: ;)

TB - 3570k @ 3.6Ghz - [1] x GTX 770 @ 1085/1753 - Air/Air

Last edited:
Back