Used Cars Rarity

• Thread starter teccboxx
  • 805 comments
Anyone know if there are rare used cars that come available on certain days like in GT3?

I just know that I already missed the BMW 2002 turbo that was there first time I went to buy a used car. And I dont see it anymore now :(

Last edited:
If cars go missing for the whole game, that would be another stupid thing. In GT4 and much there were a handful of cars you can miss, like the Black Edition cars. If you can miss regular ole' cars, I'll be pissed. And the Used car system blows badly. Cannot find a POS when I am high leveled and have tons of cash. Great idea PD, lets make it so you can't get what car you can cause we are douches. I hate how all standards are in this random used lot. Why not have a old/used section in the main dealerships of some cars that is easily browseable by Make. It's impossible to find what you want. But no, I can't get a SRT-4 when I want but they have "new" cars that are from the 60's and 70's, but my '03 SRT-4 can only be found in a stupid used lot.

i've been thinking this. iv looked at the official list on the GT5 website and there are a lot of cars that are listed that are not available from dealerships e.g. the list states there is a Ford RS200 in the game but its not in the Ford dealership. the only thing i can think is that you have to drop on lucky in the used car dealership. also, the subaru 22b is not in the dealership!

Rare Cars would be fun to collect. But, honestly I could settle with "Bargain Days" some of the prices on the used car list are a bit much. :indiff:

i've been thinking this. iv looked at the official list on the GT5 website and there are a lot of cars that are listed that are not available from dealerships e.g. the list states there is a Ford RS200 in the game but its not in the Ford dealership. the only thing i can think is that you have to drop on lucky in the used car dealership. also, the subaru 22b is not in the dealership!

only premium cars are in the dealership, all the standards are in the used cars dealership

Anyone know if there are rare used cars that come available on certain days like in GT3?

There weren't any used cars in GT3. :P

Although, we currently aren't aware about secret used cars like in GT4, as they appeared many game days in, I doubt anyone has reached that far yet.

I view the standards as more of a bonus anyways so the fact that you can't just pick out whichever one you want at anytime you want doesn't bother me. I kind of like that it's always random and you never know what is gonna be in there. Though I can see how some people wouldn't like it, I myself think it's a nice idea. Plus when you find the car you're looking for, it will feel so much more rewarding than if you could get it anytime you wanted.

Rare Cars would be fun to collect. But, honestly I could settle with "Bargain Days" some of the prices on the used car list are a bit much. :indiff:

I do agree.

But I kinda liked the way things are harder now. GT games were always too easy. Car collection will have more sense and value now. And lets think about ... in real life its hard to get some old cars in mint condition as in GT5.

I view the standards as more of a bonus anyways so the fact that you can't just pick out whichever one you want at anytime you want doesn't bother me. I kind of like that it's always random and you never know what is gonna be in there. Though I can see how some people wouldn't like it, I myself think it's a nice idea. Plus when you find the car you're looking for, it will feel so much more rewarding than if you could get it anytime you wanted.

And you said it all my friend. You got the idea behind the system!:dopey:👍

Last edited by a moderator:
only premium cars are in the dealership, all the standards are in the used cars dealership

i know the dealerships are only Premium cars, but as for all the other cars; at any one time there is only really small selection of cars in the used car lot. so if i want to buy an RS200, or a 22b, or a Pug 205 T16, i have to count on lady-luck to treat me and provide one in the used car lot?
if so, then its not my cup of tea, but i suppose it has its good aspects like others have said. furthermore it does, i suppose, prevent you from just clicking a few buttons and ending up with a car that would make the game really too easy, whenever you can afford it.

i know the dealerships are only Premium cars, but as for all the other cars; at any one time there is only really small selection of cars in the used car lot. so if i want to buy an RS200, or a 22b, or a Pug 205 T16, i have to count on lady-luck to treat me and provide one in the used car lot?
if so, then its not my cup of tea, but i suppose it has its good aspects like others have said. furthermore it does, i suppose, prevent you from just clicking a few buttons and ending up with a car that would make the game really too easy, whenever you can afford it.
Wouldn't be to easy, I got the CE and I thought those would just be new cars to get. But nope, you own them from the start and can use them. I have to restrict myself from using them, so the move to make it harder is a stupid one because it's not consistent with my experience. I get hand-downs that I don't want. So if I want to use that Lambo, Imma go waste 300-400K on useless things just to adjust to PD's mistake (IMO).

Game is fun though, just some tweaks are needed. Standards don't bother me.

I think the used car dealer is a cool idea. However when you need certain cars to complete races, having to sift through the used car dealership over and over again gets old quick.

I used days getting an ae86, then suddenly today they all popped up, incl the shigeno version, then another shigeno version popped up as well. And yesterday I got all the old school skylines bam like that.

Certain cars seem to be pretty rare. I'm sitting at Level 14 and 709k credits and I still haven't been able to purchase a '91 Prelude. As for GT4's rare cars (Black Beauties), I've yet to see one. I'll just keep searching until I find one... or can afford a McLaren F1.

:grumpy:

I've only seen a RUF once. and i needed 2 more levels for it! :<

the model from 1996... 216K credits or so.

(insert pointless crying here)

guess i just gotta cross my fingers, i even saved a matte black color for just that car!

I think the used car dealer is a cool idea. However when you need certain cars to complete races, having to sift through the used car dealership over and over again gets old quick.

This. I've been waiting for a truck to come around for a while now. Not happening. I want to finish the amateur section! :ouch:

This. I've been waiting for a truck to come around for a while now. Not happening. I want to finish the amateur section! :ouch:

I forget the event -- whole day has been a blur of race after race, sorry -- but you can win a Ram. License? Special event? Bah -- wish I were more help. Go see!

👍

i just found the old type of Mini!
i painted it yellow :P

i find all sorts of odd and special cars, but no Volvo 240... they're not exactly rare cars, why can't i have one? XD

got one IRL, and wanna compare with the game :P

I will definitely make sure I visit the used car dealer on milestone days, like day 100, 500, 1000. I'm sure there will be some gems.

I just wish the Used Car dealership had a view that showed what the cars look like without having to click on the entry to see it. Unless you are an expert and know every single car by the name it's time consuming clicking to get a view at the car.

I have finished several of the competitions and the next one says you must have a pre-1979 Japanese car.
I went through all the used cars, and even checked the new cars at the dealerships for Japanese makers.
Nothing!
:confused:

So what am I supposed to do now?
Does anyone know where I can find one of these cars?

Back