Used Cars Rarity

• Thread starter teccboxx
  • 805 comments
got the same "problem" and my gf really wants her reallife car

The 240 GL popped up relatively early for me.

I think it happens like this: Theres 2 used car dealership priority lists, 1 with the 280Z, Volvo, Hakosuka Skyline coming first, the other with the AE86`s, etc, coming first.

I and others had 280Z and Volvo 240 GL, Prelude 91` etc (To name a few) coming first, others had AE86, etc, coming first.

If it all goes like I think it does, youre gna have to play for like 48 hours before the Volvo 240GL comes up, and you have to check the used car dealership in between every 2nd or 3rd race, as you get 6 new cars in the list every time you do ONE race, the list is quickly replaced with new cars, as it wont house all the cars, so remember to check often.

If it all goes like I think it does, youre gna have to play for like 48 hours before the Volvo 240GL comes up, and you have to check the used car dealership in between every 2nd or 3rd race, as you get 6 new cars in the list every time you do ONE race, the list is quickly replaced with new cars, as it wont house all the cars, so remember to check often.
Wow really? I thought cars were added at random. Curse my ignorance!

Ok in case anyone else is confused like me, all you have to do is enter a race, not even start it, and the Used Dealer will bring 6 new cars into its shop. I entered a race, but then needed to switch cars so I exited back to the main menu and there were 6 new cars in the Used Dealership.

I just found the Zonda C12 '00 in the used shop, but the demo of it looked terrible. Lots of jagged shadows on the car.

I noticed the muscle cars in Used Car dealers are cheap. I mean, the Plymouth Superbird was 30,000, the Charger 440 was 52k, the '69 Camaro was like 25k. By the way, even a used Superbird in good condition would sell for over twice as much as the used one in GT5.

I noticed the muscle cars in Used Car dealers are cheap. I mean, the Plymouth Superbird was 30,000, the Charger 440 was 52k, the '69 Camaro was like 25k. By the way, even a used Superbird in good condition would sell for over twice as much as the used one in GT5.

Did you buy any of them, and did they drive decently?

I have finished several of the competitions and the next one says you must have a pre-1979 Japanese car.
I went through all the used cars, and even checked the new cars at the dealerships for Japanese makers.
Nothing!
:confused:

So what am I supposed to do now?
Does anyone know where I can find one of these cars?

a saw a Isuzu Bellett 1600 GT-R '69
and the new gt40 without lines option yellow but 71k :guilty:

The Stratos rally car was in the lot first time I looked. 5 million credits, and I hadn't even bought a car yet, lol.

Does anyone have a strategy on which cars to buy and which to pass on? How are we supposed to have any idea if a particular car is rare and won't show up again in the Used Dealership for another year if we don't get it right away?

I've been keeping an eye out for the 67 XR7 but so far have not found it. On GT4 it was the bronze metal prize on the super lic. also showed up with high mileage fairly often in the historic used car lot.

Anyone noticed it yet?

This is ridiculous, I have been playing all day, and keep checking back into the used dealership to find a "truck" for a race. NOTHING!! I get the whole random thing, and how cool it is to find that rare car, but why do it to a vehicle that I need to progress through the game?

This makes no sense, come on PD get with it! I can just imagine my conversation with the game developer:

Me: Where is the truck located for my race I need?
GD: It's in the used car lot, but probably not at this time.

Me: why? I need it for a race to continue my career.
GD: Oh, it will show up some time.

Me: When?
GD: HMM, don't know.

Me: How do I get past this race?
GD: You don't.

Me: Hanging up the phone.

As soon as I started the game I looked in the used car section and the first car there was the Audi Tazio Nuvolari or however you spell his name. Was $4.5 million iirc.

This is ridiculous, I have been playing all day, and keep checking back into the used dealership to find a "truck" for a race. NOTHING!! I get the whole random thing, and how cool it is to find that rare car, but why do it to a vehicle that I need to progress through the game?

This makes no sense, come on PD get with it! I can just imagine my conversation with the game developer:

Me: Where is the truck located for my race I need?
GD: It's in the used car lot, but probably not at this time.

Me: why? I need it for a race to continue my career.
GD: Oh, it will show up some time.

Me: When?
GD: HMM, don't know.

Me: How do I get past this race?
GD: You don't.

Me: Hanging up the phone.

Hey funny you say that because The ram 1500 is in my used lot right now... I would buy and trade to you but I don't have enough credits, Just brought the buick GNX

I'm keeping my out for a DeLorean. That's my number one priority right now. Not sure how rare it is though, but I've heard of it popping up often.

Yeah, I'm not too fond of this system either. Saw the Nomad Diablo early in the game and was pretty peeved that I couldn't buy it and only God knows when it'll show up again when I get enough money. :grumpy:

But I did manage to get another favorite, the Xsaras Rally Car, so I'm pretty content right now.

Forgot the they slipped the Nomad Diablo into every version of the game this time around! xD I'll really wanna get my hands on that!

The best car in my Used on Day 1 (Which Still Is) was the Zonda Race Car from GT4 & 3. It costs 900,000. Not too bad. :P

i managed to grab the RS200 last night for 120K if i remembered correctly and it was a really good car stock tune will be keeping an eye out for more good cars but a bit disappointed with the amount of cars missing from the beginning.

I got the 85' ruf btr and the bmw 2002 tii. Im stilling waiting for the r129 merc's hopefully i will get one of them this evening. :) I also saw the nomad diablo but i couldnt afford it :/

i think the Bugatti Veyron (Standard) cant be buyed at Used Cars.
i think you Win it in a Event or something .

PSN ID: MAidioPT

Just bought my Gran Turismo Skyline R34 Pace Car, with a huge police looking light bar on top, looked funky. Nice for later onlne ha ha.

Hmm, you can win the Veyron, as I just noticed. Where im not going to say :D

My first car was a beast citroen 2cv with 13hp and 380000km on it, on the upside i got 2 trophies for buying it but it was to slow to win anything

Back