Zonda R featured in Top Gear Show - 1:08.5

• Thread starter conath
  • 43 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
conath86
Episode 4 Season 16.
Stig took Zonda R to the track, lap time: 1:08.5

Now, I`m posting this beacuse I`m curious about your times of Zonda R on TG track in GT5. Thanks in advance:)

Episode 4 Season 16.
Stig took Zonda R to the track, lap time: 1:08.5

Now, I`m posting this beacuse I`m curious about your times of Zonda R on TG track in GT5. Thanks in advance:)

I would say race Hards/Mediums would be equivalent in gt5

sport softs probably. i dont think there are really any cars that use tires as good as GT5 racing tires except perhaps F1 and the like.

Interesting. Can he tell the set-up he uses for the Zonda R, so we can use the exact same set-up and try to beat his time in-game? :D

It would probably be running on Racing Tires because it is a full on racing car and isnt even counted in their power lap times.

This car on racing hards is an animal. I was taking it (stock) out on The Ring and it took me something like 20 tries to get a clean lap, and not even a fast one at that.

I matched the Zonda R WR on the Nurburgring (off by 3 tenths) with Sports Medium, and that wasn't even a grinded laptime.

Racing tires offer WAY to much grip to match the real car.

Stock Zonda R (The one found in arcade mode)
Sport Medium Tires
ABS = 1
Other aids = OFF
Track edge set to REAL

I matched the Zonda R WR on the Nurburgring (off by 3 tenths) with Sports Medium, and that wasn't even a grinded laptime.

Sport Medium Tires
ABS = 1
Other aids = OFF
Track edge set to REAL

Wow!! Looks real and you must be a superior driver! 👍

Nice driving, it looks real!
The most annoying thing is the sound, compare the sound of game and real and its like driving a milkshakemixer in the game and a crazy sportscar with living engine and exhaust in real life. Why cant they just add a little more love to the sound??? (then again, if you love elevator music i guess sound isn't their strong part)

Sport Medium Tires
ABS = 1
Other aids = OFF
Track edge set to REAL

Video 1 - What GT5 sounds like

Video 2 - What GT5 should sound like

Awesome lap though, kudos!

I had a go at the Top Gear track and the Nordschleife after watching this last night. Racing hard tyres were pretty slippy around the Top Gear track, but I managed a 1:06.something despite still struggling with the entry to the first corner.

At the 'Ring, my first clean lap was 6:28 so I definitely agree that there's way too much grip from even the hard slicks. Alternatively, maybe whoever did the real lap did stop for a sandwich, as Clarkson suggested?

I'd definitely give this a go and post my response... if i could beat the inane Samba bus and Elise challenges.

sport softs probably. i dont think there are really any cars that use tires as good as GT5 racing tires except perhaps F1 and the like.

Yep indeed. The moment people CAN throw away race tires the heaven will open for them. But as long as those think they need Race tires to win, heaven will be closed.

If you watched top gear I doubt you can relax as Clarkson was doing on sports medium honestly. The car seems stucked to the ground.

That time on the nurb seems very slow actually for a zonda R. I've seen a GT-R new model (not sure if it was V-Spec or another newer model) did it in 7.14 and the zonda did it in 6.47 ?

For the difference of performance and tyres it dont seems that much.

Funny how my post identical to this got closed....

I justed checked and you are absolutely right. I am in no way a "thread-close" supporter but this case is too obvious, interludes we need your thread closing powers NAU! :lol:

no im not too bothered - let people talk about what they want...

Im just getting a bit bored of putting a new post up for 5 mins later an admin strolling in to close it because he/she/it thinks that the search function is actually a good thing...

pretty much every post could be closed because each subject rolls into another...

Anyway rant done.

Zonda R Rules.

PS I love anarchy.

full on slicks IS sports medium/softs in GT5

PD got it all wrong. In GT5, sports tyres are supposed to be semi slicks, but in actual fact they offer as much grip as a slick tyre in real life. Each car should come with the actual tyres that it comes with from the manufacturer, otherwise all these time trials and comparisons are pointless. Tyres are the most important part of the car so if they are not done right, realism goes out the window.

The first lap I ever did with the Zonda R around the Nordschleife I got a 6:39 on racing hards, nearly 10 seconds faster than the real life lap time.

This car on racing hards is an animal. I was taking it (stock) out on The Ring and it took me something like 20 tries to get a clean lap, and not even a fast one at that.

Lol same here. One small mistake and you're gone. I tried the Mazda 787B before that and it only took 2 tries.

Were they flying or standing start laps?

Top Gear always uses cold starts...

As for the nurburgring lap, I believe it was a rolling start

Great episode BTW just got done watching it. Really enjoyed the 3 same but different BMW convertible review, it was quite funny and the news gave me a few laughs.

bye bye Zonda my ass... this is a great car but c'mon... they have made waaaaay too many versions of it. get to the new car already. a decade with one car is enough. THAT GOES FOR LAMBO AS WELL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back