GTP ORB Vintage Sports Car Series | Next Race Thursday @ 9pm

• Thread starter JLawrence
  • 600 comments
GTP_FreakinWolfy
jjfMII.png
picture.php

The idea behind this series is to emulate the production groups run by the SCCA. There is limited prep allowed, though the tires will be a step above street level. The cars allowed have all been thoroughly tested at the allowed power level, and are all competitive in the hands of the right driver, meaning there is no clear cut fastest car, and races will be determined by driver skill. If you need help with a tune don't hesitate to ask and someone will give you a hand. Drivers have until the final pre-season race to make a final pick for a car.

Announcements:

Video from the Fuji GT Vintage Shootout posted here

Race One of the Regular Season TODAY AT 6PM EST:

Race Day Procedure:
Lobby will be opened between 5:45 and 6:00 EST
Racers are allowed to drive freely until 6:10
At 6:10 the track will be reset, and qualifying will begin. Once you have entered the course and completed a timed lap it is asked that you don't leave.
6:30 the race will start
There is a mandatory pitsop required before the end of the race

Regulations:
440-460pp as listed
Racing Hard Tires
No Aero

Information on GTP ORB Policies (Soon to be Added to GTP ORB OP, plus license times)

Last edited:
Put me down tentatively for the RS200

Should be a lot of fun! My availibility may be iffy around 6-ish, but other than that I should be ok.

Last edited:
I'll be representing good 'ole American muscle, Camaro SS

you can put me down for this - I probably won't make more than 1 in 2 or 3 races as saturdays are not the best for me. Can't decide what to drive ... likely to be between the lotuses, alfas & the e type. I'll let you know.

By the way is lotuses the plural of lotus ... doesn't look right ... maybe it should be loti!

you can put me down for this - I probably won't make more than 1 in 2 or 3 races as saturdays are not the best for me. Can't decide what to drive ... likely to be between the lotuses, alfas & the e type. I'll let you know.

By the way is lotuses the plural of lotus ... doesn't look right ... maybe it should be loti!

Can do Jack! I think it is just Lotus, but I could be wrong
And I've been hosting lobbies most every night for the 440Pp Btw

I might need to change my car to the 512BB. We might need to do more practice runs to see how competitive it is. The car is very power limited though.

When you brought that out I thought for sure it would be too fast, but I actually kept up very nicely in the E-Type, then blew the time out of the water with the Lancia, which by the way, if the two of us keep getting better with might have to be added to the list with my BMW :/

friends I work from monday to saturday and race before *pm and sundays, thank for your invitation

I'm not sure I can make that time on a regular basis, but I'll hopefully make a few events and practices. Tentative on car at this time too. Probably 240Z though.

And evening during the week around 8 is good for me. There is one Saturday a month I cannot make due to kart racing. And anytime Sunday I'm good

May not be able to make all races at the time mentioned above but I'll do my best. Count me in. I'll be running the BMW 2002

First pre-season race this Saturday (7/16/11) at 6pm EST
Add me on PSN (JLawrence_) and we'll get this show on the road.

You may have to send me a message so I can delete someone as my friends list is full.

First race has been postponed. It will be run the following Saturday, the 23rd, at the same time 6EST

im just wondering, but since the camaro SS is in it, shouldnt the ole' mustang be in there as well ? if so, sign me up with it, and if not, ill take an E-Type

I did a good bit of running with the Mach 1 in testing and found that I was consistently faster with it than the majority of the others so I decided to exclude it. I'll go ahead and sign you up for the Jag, but for the preseason races, since they are for us to do final testing and whatnot I wouldn't have an issue with you trying the Ford. It may turn out that I just had a few good runs with it and it's not as brilliant as I thought ;)

Been away for a bit JL but i might be able to participate in this. I havent decided on the Jag or the Stratos so ill have to drive both a while to figure out which one.

Sounds good.

Just a few words of wisdom though, for tracks like Tsukuba, Grand Valley, and flat tracks like that the STRATOS is more or less unbeatable, but give it elevation changes and it becomes ridiculously squirrely no matter how good the tune.

I did a good bit of running with the Mach 1 in testing and found that I was consistently faster with it than the majority of the others so I decided to exclude it. I'll go ahead and sign you up for the Jag, but for the preseason races, since they are for us to do final testing and whatnot I wouldn't have an issue with you trying the Ford. It may turn out that I just had a few good runs with it and it's not as brilliant as I thought ;)

lol true the mustang is a ford.. so it is superior.. ;P it doesnt matter that much, ill stick to the E-type if ya want

That's prolly what I'll ask for you to do, but if you hop in one of my lobbies we can do some test runs

I was going to ask to see if the Golf I GTI '76 could get added to the car list, but now I realize I will have to miss the first pre-season race as I will be out of town. If it's not biggy to miss the first race, is it possible to have the GTI MK1 added?

If not, put me down for the Alfa Romeo Guila Sprint GTA

-Rob

It'll prolly be fine.
Like I told Mitch, if you can hop into a lobby with me we can do some testing'

MOTORTRENDmitch
lol true the mustang is a ford.. so it is superior.. ;P it doesnt matter that much, ill stick to the E-type if ya want

Ahem...my Z28 was disqualified for too much speed as well...just for the record.:mischievous:

Back