• 521 comments
England
England
WilliamsJIM_Adam
GT4++Logo.jpg
GT4 European Cup - Season 2
GT4++Logo.jpg

Click here for Season 1's thread.

This race series will be based on the GT4 European Cup. Cars are of equal performance in this championship but each have different characteristics and I have tried my best to re-create that in this race series. Clean and fair racing is a requirement if you are to participate in this series and if you haven't already, please read the GTP OLR rules.

-----

-----​

Race times:

This series will race on a Saturday starting at 16:30 BST (GMT+1) and lasting for around 1.5 hours. Click here for the time in your timezone.

At 16:30, the room will open. Practice (free run) will be held for 30 minutes. Practice is not mandatory but you must join 10 minutes before Qualifying starts at 17:00. Qualifying will then be run for 15 minutes determining the grid for the race which will start at 17:15. Race length discussed below.

-----​

Regulations:

Tyres: Racing Hards
Traction Control: OFF
Active Steering: OFF
Skid Recovery Force: OFF
ASM: OFF
Driving Line: OFF
ABS: Optional

Race Length: 40 minutes of racing, with 1 mandatory pit stop within a certain lap-to-lap window*
Grip Reduction of Wet Track/Edge: Real
Damage: Light

*Laps will be given before each race. This amount of laps will roughly equate to 40 minutes of racing + 1 lap. The pits will be open for a certain amount of laps (the amount closest to 10 minutes). The lap at which the pit opens and closes will be specified before each race in the Race Information.

Qualifying: When Qualifying is said to start, everyone should leave the track. The track will be reloaded and qualifying will start the moment it fully loads up. Qualifying will last for 15 minutes. If you are happy with one of your laps before the 15 minutes are up, drive back to the pits and do not leave the track. You should return to the pits making sure you do not interrupt anyone else's lap. If you run wide, cut a corner, or make contact with a barrier, you should abort the lap. You should not start a flying lap just behind someone else starting a flying lap to gain a slipstream as this will probably result in contact between you and the other driver. Please be aware of other cars around you - use your mirrors and if it helps, reduce your track scale under the quick options menu. As soon as 15 minutes are up, the race will start. The grid will have been set to "Fastest First".

Formation lap: Cars will drive at 50mph/80kmh in a staggered formation. The front end of a car shouldn't pass the back end of the car in front (whether the car in front is to your left or right).

The pole position car will start the formation lap on the side of the grid the game places them on. It is up to the pole position car to determine when to start the race (and therefore exceed 50mph) and should do so within appropiate distance of the start/finish line, and not as soon as he turns on to the straight. Time must be given to the cars behind to exit out of the final corner. You should not overtake the car in front before crossing the start/finish line.

-----​

The Cars:

These cars will be loosely based off real GT4 cars from different seasons. To my understanding only 5 of the following 8 cars are participating in the 2011 season. The other 3 cars however are eligible and have participated at some point over the past 4 seasons.

• You must apply the exact parts listed to each car. You cannot reach the given BHP in other ways e.g. adding a turbo instead of a sports ECU.
  • You cannot add parts in order to make up for lost BHP because your engine is not fully broken in.
Weight/Power ratio is used by the GT4 Cup to judge performance, and all cars must be around the 3.5 mark. The lower the number the better performance the car has. I have given these numbers for reference, but through testing and knowledge from Season 1, these cars are very evenly matched.

-----​

Mods which must be installed to all cars:
Oil Change
Fully Customisable Transmission
Fully Customisable Suspension
All drivetrain upgrades (twin-plate clutch, LSD etc)
Rigidity Improvement (Optional)

It is also advised you get your chosen car's engine fully broken in (after 300 km (187.5 miles) miles of driving).

The Nissan 350z:

Figures:
Power: 378 BHP
Weight: 1292 kg
Weight/Power Ratio: 3.42
Performance Points: 494

Mods which must be installed:
Aero parts: -

Body/Chassis: Stages 1 + 2 weight reduction, Windows weight reduction
Engine: Sports ECU
Intake System: - Racing Air Filter
Exhaust: Catalytic converter, Titanium Semi-Racing exhaust

---

The Chevrolet Camaro:

Figures:
Power: 372 BHP
Weight: 1439 kg
Weight/Power Ratio: 3.87
Performance Points: 499

Aero parts: -

Body/Chassis: Stages 1 + 2 weight reduction
Engine: Power limiter @ 83.0%
Intake System: -
Exhaust: -

---

The Nissan 370z:

Figures:
Power: 373 BHP
Weight: 1310 kg
Weight/Power Ratio: 3.51
Performance Points: 491

Aero parts: Any "Front" and "Rear" aero parts are allowed.

Body/Chassis: Stages 1 + 2 weight reduction, Carbon hood (body colour)
Engine: -
Exhaust: Catalytic Converter, Titanium Semi-Racing exhaust

---

The BMW M3:

Figures:
Power: 374 BHP
Weight: 1423 kg
Weight/Power Ratio: 3.80
Performance Points: 490

Aero parts: Type A Front

Body/Chassis: Stages 1 + 2 weight reduction
Engine: Power limiter @ 83.9%
Exhaust: Sports exhaust

---

The Lotus Evora:

Figures:
Power: 329 BHP
Weight: 1330 kg
Weight/Power Ratio: 4.04
Performance Points: 484

Body/Chassis:
Engine: Sports ECU
Intake System:
Exhaust: Sports exhaust manifold, Sports exhaust

---

The Chevrolet Corvette C6: NONE AVAILABLE

Figures:
Power: 359 BHP
Weight: 1421 kg
Weight/Power Ratio: 3.96
Performance Points: 500

Body/Chassis: -
Engine: Power limiter @ 68.0%

---

The BMW Z4 M Coupe: NONE AVAILABLE

Figures:
Power: 350 BHP
Weight: 1240 kg
Weight/Power Ratio: 3.54
Performance Points: 489

Body/Chassis: Stages 1 + 2 + 3 weight reduction, Windows weight reduction, Carbon hood (body colour)
Engine: Power limiter @ 95.7%
Exhaust: Sports exhaust

---

The Maserati GranTurismo S:

Figures:
Power: 386 BHP
Weight: 1449 kg
Weight/Power Ratio: 3.75
Performance Points: 492

Aero parts: Type A Front, Type A Rear

Body/Chassis: Stages 1 + 2 weight reduction, Windows weight reduction
Engine: Power limiter @ 83.6%

---

• You must pick 1 car and stick with it through the whole season.
  • There is a maximum of 3 drivers per car.
  • You must apply the exact aero parts as listed for each car. This is to keep the cars authentic to their real life counter parts.
  • Car Colour is up to you (no chromes or colour shifts).
  • Rim type and colour is up to you (no chromes or ludicrously bright colours e.g. pink)

-----​

Success Ballast:

You can check who has what ballast here.

Weight ballast will be used in order to keep the playing field level. Ballast will differ from each car (but only slightly) so that when ballast is added, their total weight is a factor of 10 and therefore a safe minimum weight can be set when the cars are checked before entering the track.

57 kg for 1st, 37 kg for 2nd, 17 kg for 3rd - M3
58 kg for 1st, 38 kg for 2nd, 18 kg for 3rd - 350z
59 kg for 1st, 39 kg for 2nd, 19 kg for 3rd - Corvette
60 kg for 1st, 40 kg for 2nd, 20 kg for 3rd - 370z, Z4 M Coupe, Evora
61 kg for 1st, 41 kg for 2nd, 21 kg for 3rd - Camaro, GranTurismo S

Ballast can only be removed at 20kg a time if you do not finish a race on the podium. Missing a race completely does not count as missing the podium and therefore no ballast will be removed (thanks to the WSGTC for use of this idea).

Weight ballast may be placed anywhere in the car (using the slider).

-----​

Race Calendar:

Click for race information (must read before the race).

Pre-season 1: Suzuka, 18 laps.
Pre-season 2: Practice Session at Rome - 24th August

1. Rome, 33 laps - 27th August RESULTS
2. Monza (Change Weather)*, 17 laps - 10th September RESULTS
3. Monaco, 23 laps - 17th September RESULTS
4. Grand Valley**, 19 laps - 24th September RESULTS
5. Madrid, 28 laps - 1st October RESULTS
6. Nurb GP/F, 19 Laps - 8th October RESULTS

* fixed rain for race + quali
** as voted by the drivers

-----​

Use of Track and Penalties:

All drivers must read and obey the GTP OLR rules.

Penalties: A time penalty can be given of up to 30 seconds for a range of offences.

Weaving on formation lap: warning+
Crossing the start/finish line before the car in front on the formation lap: 5 seconds.
Pitting outside the pit window: 5 seconds.
Crossing the pit exit line: warning+
Running wide/corner cutting too many times: 5 seconds+
Causing an avoidable collision: 5 seconds+

You will be given a warning if the causes of your actions were only minor. For example you ran wide and gained time, say 6 times in 1 race. However if your driving is overall too agressive and you ignore warnings to calm down, you will be asked to leave the series.

It shows good racing etiquette to wait up for the driver you was just in a collision with, even if you didn't think it was your fault entirely.

Please PM me about any race incidents.

Use of Track:
  • 2 Wheels must be touching what is deemed as "track" at all times! Red+white rumble strips are classed as track. Green concrete/astroturf and run-off areas are not.
  • No contact must be made with walls or track boundaries (especially at Rome, Madrid and Monaco).
  • You will only be given a penalty if you gained time from either driving off track or touching the barriers, and not if you lost time. There is an exception to this rule which is: you cannot use the barrier as you're normal racing line, regardless of whether you gain time from doing so.
  • Uncertain dirty areas of a track will be explained through pictures from in-game showing what is clean and what is dirty before each race in the Race Information.

If you have any further questions about what parts of a track are dirty, then please ask.

Last edited:
1. 20
2. 18
3. 16
4. 15
5. 14
6. 13
7. 12
8. 11
9. 10
10. 9
11. 8
12. 7
13. 6
14. 5
15. 4
16. 3

Pole Position: 1

A driver must complete at least 75% race length to receive any points (PP point is kept).

Your lowest scoring round will be dropped.

Driver Results and Standings:

Click here!

Prizes:

1st place in driver standings: any car worth 1,000,000 or under from the NCD.
2nd place in driver standings: any car worth 750,000 or under from the NCD.
3rd place in driver standings: any car worth under 500,000 or under from the NCD.

Attend all races: any car worth 500,000 or under from the NCD.

Best fastest laps overall time: any car worth 500,000 or under from the NCD.

Click here for the Fastest Laps Table.

Driver sign-up list:

GTP user name (PSN) - Car - Car Colour / Rim Colour

1. Aderrrm (GTP_Aderrrm) - Maserati GranTurismo S - White / Silver qualified
2. Paginas1 (Paginas) - BMW Z4 M Coupe - Sepang Bronze / Gold qualified
3. KamyKaze1098 (KamyKaze1098) - Lotus Evora - Racing Green Metallic / Isotope Green qualified
4. w-g-e (GTP_w-g-e) - Nissan 350z - Matte Pink / Carnival Yellow qualified
5. Biffy (BiffyClyro93) - Chevrolet Corvette - Matte Dark Blue / Antares Red qualified
6. si_berian_tiger (si_berian_tiger) - Lotus Evora - Calypso Red / Black qualified
7. jamesybograt (jamesybograt) - Nissan 370z - Black / Silver qualified
8. Wardez (Wardez) - Chevrolet Corvette - Yellow / Black qualified
9. MÜLE_9242 (MULE_9242) - Chevrolet Corvette - Matt Black / Rubino Mecalizzato qualified
10. MiuraSV (Jay_1086) - Maserati GranTurismo S - Azzuro Acqua Marina / Metallic Orange qualified
11. NEPALII (NEPALII) - Chevrolet Camaro - Blue / White Pearl qualified
12. outlaw4rc (outlaw4rc) - BMW Z4 M Coupe - Le Mans Blue Metallic / Brilliant Red qualified
13. RIP_Welsh_Don (GTP_Welsh-Bain) - BMW M3 - Envy / Grey qualified

Reserves (will race if there is a spot left, but will not influence the points standings):
- Masi_23 (GTP_Masicampo) - Chevrolet Corvette - Red / Black qualified
- SuperSic (GTP_SuperSic) - ? qualified
- Piket (tony1311) - ? qualified

SIGN-UP

To sign up, you must have read the GTP OLR rules and have a steady internet connection (It is advised you have NAT type 1, followed by 2 then 3). Please also send a friend request to GTP_Aderrrm as this will make it easier for you to find the lobby we are racing in. Provide the following information:

- PSN
- Car (you cannot switch car mid-season)
- Car Colour
- Rim Colour

Please do not hesitate to ask any questions you may have. :)👍

Last edited:
I will definately be there again and I hope I will be able to make all races this season. I'll edit my post with the details.

- GTP_w-g-e
- Nissan 350Z
- Matte Pink
- Carnival Yellow

Last edited:
I'm still thinking about it... gah, I'd really love to but I can't be sure I'd be down for Saturday races again. If I do choose to sign-up it'll definitely be in the C6 though.

Great job on the OP though, it's gonna be a great series again.

I should be up for this, might change my car though, will pick at later date

Good stuff Pag. 👍

:D You know you can count me in. 👍

Aha. :D

I will definately be there again and I hope I will be able to make all races this season. I'll edit my post with the details.

Okay cheers wge. 👍

I'm still thinking about it... gah, I'd really love to but I can't be sure I'd be down for Saturday races again. If I do choose to sign-up it'll definitely be in the C6 though.

Great job on the OP though, it's gonna be a great series again.

Okay well let me know if you are up for it. Of course, I'd love it if you did participate. 👍

And cheers. :)

Definitely count me in! Im torn between the evora and 370z, will most probably be the evora in black. But give it some testing!

Think il go for the Z4 this season, i would like to test it first but im drawn towards it...

Any chance of teams? 2 car or 3 car teams, Could be same body colour but with different rims? just some ideas

Think il go for the Z4 this season, i would like to test it first but im drawn towards it...

Any chance of teams? 2 car or 3 car teams, Could be same body colour but with different rims? just some ideas

Okay. Looks like outlaw's campaign to get people to use the Z4 has gone well. :D

I don't really want teams to be honest. It's a bit more work, and I don't want it to turn into something like in the WSGTC at the minute - "yaya we'll bump draft each other to make up the 10 second gap the guy in front worked hard for!!!". I want everyone to fight for every position. :)

Okay. Same colour as last season?

Yep.

British racing colors ftw in the Evora. :P

I'll probably paint the rims though.

EDIT: Need to buy a new Evora.

EDIT 2: I jsut hope this time all my race points are added to the standings :dopey: lol

Last edited:
Sweet!

Sign me up. :)

I'll be racing in a Camaro this season. Think it'll give me a bit of a challenge this time around. The Z, although a pain sometimes, is really easy to drive.

R1600Turbo
Chevrolet Camaro SS '10
Blue
Silver

I can get you specific color names in a couple hours.

EDIT 2: I jsut hope this time all my race points are added to the standings :dopey: lol

Very funny. :sly:

Sweet!

Sign me up. :)

I'll be racing in a Camaro this season. Think it'll give me a bit of a challenge this time around. The Z, although a pain sometimes, is really easy to drive.

R1600Turbo
Chevrolet Camaro SS '10
Blue
Silver

I can get you specific color names in a couple hours.

Great. :)

I'll update everyone's colours when they've definitely chosen.

Definitely thinking about this, sounds fun, something different to race other that Super GT's :sly:

Ahh dammit, honestly not too sure about times etc, but wth, put me down as signed up and I'll come to the first pre-season race and see what it's like :)

PSN - BiffyClyro93

Car choice and colours I'm not too sure of yet, I'll get back to you on these. For now I'll use the Corvette 👍

Note: If I decide to stick around, I won't be able to make the second Pre-season race and the first race of the season, as I'll be on holiday from the 14th-30th August.

Interested in this.

PSN : mcglone1994

Car : BMW Z4 M Coupe.
Colour/Rim: TBA

Last edited:
Sounds fun :) i'm not 100% sure though, u can put me on the maybe (reserve) list :D

PSN - GTP_Masicampo
Car - C6
Car Colour - Red
Rim Colour - Black

I would love too sign up but i am already in a league :( any chance it could be a lunch time meet ish 2pm BST

Hi Aderrm.

Good to hear about Series 2. I will try to make as many of the rounds as possible, but as you know, I start my new job in Sept.

- Si_berian_tiger
- Lotus Evora
- Calypso Red (I'm pretending to be the Lotus Sport UK entry as seen in the British GT series!)
- Black

I'd like to join the GT4 series. :) I might not be able to make every single race, but I'll do my best.

PSN: GTP_Theoretician
Car: M3
Color: Monaco Orange
Rim Color: Black

--Gus (regal)

See my friend wge here so maybe other fast drivers here too. Not decide for car still, i will tell you.

PSN: GTP_SuperSic

Ah god SuperSic, I just hope you look exactly like your avatar does in real life. So funny. "I will be arrest"

Really interested in doing this series.

- PSN - Dantastic-_-
- Car - BMW Z4
- Car Colour - Championship white
- Rim Colour - Black

I totally plan to make every single race, I was just being realistic.

I've already marked 11:30 AM EDT on my calendar through Oct 1.

--Gus

Can you put me down as a maybe? Im not sure what car to pick, I just need to test the cars out and see which one suits me better.

PSN: NEPALII
Car: ?

Back