GT5 Spec 2.0 Physics Update - What to expect?

• Thread starter Illopp00
  • 81 comments
illopp
I would be seriously impressed if there was brake fade modeled...
For those who have played other pure simulators, where are the real differences? Also transmission/clutch engagement improvements, axel hop on launches?

Just wondering the realm of possibilities we could get with a update such as this

I would be seriously impressed if there was brake fade modeled...
For those who have played other pure simulators, where are the real differences? Also transmission/clutch engagement improvements, axel hop on launches?

Just wondering the realm of possibilities we could get with a update such as this

If the Spec 2 update were to include brake fade, that would make GT5 the first sim, PC or console to have that feature. Not even iRacing has that feature!

I think the reason is that even sims like iRacing, nKar and rFactor (three of the best though quite different sims) are still trying to perfect tire/suspension and overall driving feel. Unless everyone are able to afford a pneumatic force feedback brake pedal (I believe you can get one from Frex although it will cost you), there's no point really. In real life, to counter fading brakes, all you have to do is press harder but if you can't feel, how do you know?

Could as well be more realistic draft, improved roll-over physics, improved bouncing-of-wall physics.

theres allready a thread about the physics....

we dont need this ****ing speculation threads... c´mon people just wait this ****ing 4 days:tdown:

i hate the 2.0 because the people spam the forum to death with nonsense things

Well you mentioned brake fade and there are sims/simcades like Tokyo Xtreme Racer on the PS2 that already had it.

Then there's flat spotting on LFS and coming (I believe) to rFactor2.

Expect perfection! :sly:

Hell no.

Expect the worst, hope for the best.

In all seriousness, with an update of this magnitude, I'm already seeing far more than I expected. The announcement totally came as a surprise.

In that light, I'm not really thinking there will be much change to the physics. Not anything noticeable, probably just some minor tweaks.

What I'd love to see though:

Online/offline physics the same. (I don't care which one gets changed or both, just make them identical and I'll be happy)

Better crash physics. More bounce where it should be, less of the front bumper sticking to a wall, better damage modelling application, better roll-over physics.

Come one, 200mph into a wall and all that happens is you come to a dead stop. Please. The damage modelling could be better, but it's fine as long as it's applied properly. All they have to do is let things be damaged more easily and it'll be significantly more realistic. Roll-over physics, yes, I know; this is a racing game, not a crashing game. So what? The cars magically stick to the road more than they should, they should roll over properly and collide better when they do. Ever taken a Samba bus and jacked it way up? Go through a turn and it leans over at a 45 degree angle, but it won't completely tip over. Also, there are no online roll-over physics, and there should be.

There are probably a lot of inadequacies about traction on various surfaces, weight transfer, etc... I'd love them to make those right as well, but I'm not an expert and I think most of the stuff is pretty good already.

Also downforce, again, I'm not an expert, but I'm pretty sure that almost every car out there has some kind of downforce. But it seems that only race cars and special cars have actual downforce in this game. I'm not saying all cars should have downforce, but I know some of them don't in the game when they do in real life. It's obviously not adjustable, but it should at least be noted. Plus adding certain aero parts seems to do nothing on a lot of the cars. (mostly pieces on the front)

Oh, and drafting/slipstream. It's way too effective. It needs to be adjusted, a lot.

Those are my wishes. I sincerely doubt that even a couple of them will actually be in the update. But hey, if they are: Respect.

Could as well be more realistic draft, improved roll-over physics, improved bouncing-of-wall physics.

I'm curious to why PD hasn't made gaurdrails more destructible.

Like Dirt. You hit a gaurdrail and it deforms. I wonder if it is beyond their limitations or is it simply, they haven't done it yet because damage is something that they just don't wish to do (judging by damage on most cars) I also wonder if they just abandoned all of their time to tweek damage.

I suppose it has something to do with most of the track boundries are the gaurdrails, so I'm sure this plays into it as well.

Someone should start making videos of "BEFORE" and on the 11th repeat with the same car/track/conditions doing the "AFTER".

I'm expecting online phisics also for offline, but I hope something even better.

I hope for better tyre physics and wear modeling (in addition to detailed temperature data implementation, flat spots, pressure, dynamic variations of said parameters, etc), better differential physics, better suspension modeling (too much to list here in detail. Many improvements needed), fixing incorrect car specifications, airborne physics, collision detection against fixed barriers and the road, more realistic drafting, proper brake physics, more realistic auxiliary car system modeling (ABS, TC, etc. In GT5 they don't work like real systems, but rather like "ideal devices"), removing the "god's hand" preventing most cars from properly rolling over, fixing the differences between off- and online physics, etc.

Just realized the list is quite long. There's room for much improvement.

Probably fixing the ridiculous online/offline physics difference

Tell me about it :ouch:
Was so keen to race friends online,but the physics difference turns my cars to :yuck: so i don`t go online ever!

A excited dog on wet lino has more grip than GT5`s online physics :dunce:

Hoping against hope, real tyre grip in all modes. The same physics in all modes.

This.

I'm not a frequent online player, but it annoys me that I have to spend time re-setting up the car I've honed perfectly (well, to the limits of my talent lol) offline, when I could be on the track setting good times!

BUT, the online physics feel good once you've got used to them. As do the offline ones... it just needs to be the same throughout!!!

I wonder if it will include a new tyre model that allows for different wear rates between compounds, not just grip levels.

I have a feeling they mean they’ll just take off Skid Recovery and set Tire Traction to Real for A-spec racing and that’s about it.

I think I would prefer the online physics to those offline, frees the car up more, and then include rollover of course.

I'm definitely looking forward to physics update, hopefully PD gets the physics right and the Delorean disappears leaving flaming tire marks on the track when it hits 88 mph, as it does in real life.

theres allready a thread about the physics....

we dont need this ****ing speculation threads... c´mon people just wait this ****ing 4 days:tdown:

i hate the 2.0 because the people spam the forum to death with nonsense things

👍
Agreed.

Back