Race of Champions - Champion of Champions

• Thread starter GT5_X2010
  • 250 comments
United Kingdom
Great Britain
golfer199
Race-of-champions-logo.jpg

OFFICIAL EVENT SPREADSHEET

Many of the GTP community know of the Race of Champions, held every year at the end of the motorsport calender in which champions from race series across the globe compete against each other to claim the coveted title of Champion of Champion. It is a grueling test of a drivers ability to adapt to multiple different cars in a short period of time and their ability to keep their cool in very short races on a a very short and frantic circuit.

Well, I have decided to create what is (currently) a one off event, the gtplanet.net GT5 Race of Champions. This is a one day event for the people who have entered, competed in and conquered gtplanet.net's countless race series. They will be put through the same challenge as their real life counter parts, adapting to unfamiliar cars, mastering a challenging circuit and keeping their cool for the whole event.

Eligibility​
  • To enter into the ROC, you must be either a previous or reigning champion of any of GTPlanets racing series. THe series must of had a reasonable amount of entrants in each race (about 10 in each race).
  • You may enter into the event if you are not champion but you must of competed in a GTP championship and placed well and of had good pace. These driver will be allowed in if there are open slots left and no more champions join up.
  • I am entered by default, even though I am not a champion, because the whole event system thingy only works with 16 drivers, of which the host, myself, is one.

Cars​
The cars play a major part in any motorsport and it is the same in the ROC. During each heat, both competing drivers will use the same car. Car tuning will be prohibited so that no driver gains an advantage through car setup. The car categories are:
  • Formula - Formula Gran Turismo - Self-supplied - Racing Softs - 700 BHP
  • LMP/Group C - Toyota Minolta - Self-supplied - Racing Softs - 600 BHP
  • GT Car - Super GT Nissan GT-R - Recommended Garage - Racing Hards
  • Touring car - TESTING IN PROCESS - Self-supplied - Racing X - X BHP
  • NASCAR - 2011 Chevrolet NASCAR - Recommended Garage - Racing Softs
  • Rally Car - Citroen C4 WRC '08 - Recommended Garage - Racing Softs
  • ROC Buggy - Suzuki GSXR/4 - Self-supplied - Racing Hards - X BHP
Any car that is self-supplied only must be supplied. If that category is chosen and you do not have the car then the victory will automatically go to the other competitor. If neither has the car, neither will be victorious.

Heats​

• Each head-to-head race is officially called a heat.
  • The cars for each heat will be decided using this website: http://www.random.org/lists/
    The entrants will each say a number and an average will be taken to determine the chosen class. Same does not apply for the final where the most exciting classes seen will be chosen.
  • The two drivers will have 3 minutes to produce the best lap possible. The fastest driver starts on pole.
  • The two competitors will then race over 2 laps (3 in the grand finals) and the winner will progress.

Event stages​
  • The first stage is the groups. In this stage, you will race each of the four drivers in your group in a 7 lap race with a 5 minute qualifying race before hand.
  • The two drivers that progress out of each group are the drivers that have the place first and second. If one driver gains a position forcefully and does not then yield, they will be disqualified from the race and not progress if they are in the top two. Same applies if someone passes from second to first. It has no effect on who goes to the next stage but basic etiquette is expected from GTPs finest.
  • In the quarter finals, the remaining 8 drivers are paired up based on their finish position in the groups. The winner of Group A race runner up of Group B and vice versa. The same applies for Groups C and D. They will then have a 2 lap race for each heat with a 3 minutes qualifying session prior.
  • In the semi-finals, the remaining 4 drivers are paired up as before. Winner of Semi A against winner of Semi B and the same for C and D. Same procedure as the quarter finals.
  • The winners of these two heats will progress to the final. The runners up will race each other for the honor of third. These two finals will consist of three heats in a best-of-three format. The first too take two victories wins.
  • There may be a short time to chill out and have some drifting before these two finals.
  • If there is any confusion, click the link --> THE LINK

Lobby Settings​

• The track will be Special Stage Route 5
  • All aids except ABS will be banned.
  • Tuning will be prohibited.
  • Grip reduction will be set to real.
  • Damage, mechanical and visual, will be off.
  • Tyre/fuel depletion will be set too off since it will have no effect.

Event Date​

• Everyone here competes in different series at different times. The time that would be best for alot of people would be Saturday at 18:00 GMT. However, alot of people here have race series this time so we will need to discuss this.
  • It is possible to request the series you participate in to be postponed one week. For an event like this, I am sure nobody would mind.
  • The event will be towards the end of January. Likely to be the final Saturday in January although will be moved to allow maximum attendance.

Post below to register your interest. Just put your PSN ID that you will use and the series you are Champion of or have race well enough to earn a non-champion seat in.

Last edited:
Wouldn't mind seeing highlights or replays of this on youtube or something. Sounds awesome OP.

Sounds interesting... So is it 1 v 1 racing knockout style then? Any idea what time/day your thinking of ?

I'm TOCA Team champ and have come 2nd and 3rd a couple of times.:)

Huh. I think they only count drivers' championships. :P

I'm the shared TOCA Megane Challenge champion with neljack after a gentlemanly agreement btw.

Not a proper series though...:)

Huh, what exactly makes it 'not proper'? It's not our fault if the others didn't practice pretty much at all, it was still a series just as much as the real TOCA or the V8's.

No need to argue over entry. The Megane cup is definately a legitimate series, even if it is not the title event. And akmuq, I know you are a very good racer so you may enter if there are slots free. Teams championship doesn't count sadly but 2nd and 3rd shows clearly that you have enough ability.

And AMF, I'll contact you when I start my NASCAR Dirty Driving Turn One Massive Crash Series.

Here is the spreadsheet for the event:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqWvjUdvEPepdEFLdEFFeGY2WnJTeDJ6eGRNTTVJQUE

Looking at the sign ups so far, I can see a major balance issue relating to champions amount, non-champion amounts and the event name.

Well I don't believe Mav is eligible so it is Jamman's anyones for the taking.

Lol :sly:

Nah, it'll be fun for the best of GTP to race each other. And for me to get out of LMP's for a while lol. As long as you don't screw it up it could work very well. I'll sign up.

<<< PSN

2x GTP Le Mans Prototype Series champion

meh i see myself as the ultimate in this kinda competition golfer!

just one place for the wildcard AMF7

PSN: amf7F1

Entry as wildcard

Last edited by a moderator:
Ultimate? Lol nah, it involves overtaking :sly:

What is that supposed to mean!?

You have only been overtaken by me a few times as were usually miles apart..

F1 your behind until i Quit/Crash/DSC
LMP your ahead till I Quit/DSC

put me in golfer, PSN-Greennarcotics, DTM Camp x2

I'm not 100% that I can commit but once I find out the day/time/regs ect i'll be able to let you know.

No need to argue over entry. The Megane cup is definately a legitimate series, even if it is not the title event. And akmuq, I know you are a very good racer so you may enter if there are slots free. Teams championship doesn't count sadly but 2nd and 3rd shows clearly that you have enough ability.

I was just bragging, I don't mind not being in this, but it would be nice.:P

Will the be teams based on countries for example, Team GB, Team USA, etc?

akmuq
The OP said there might be a Nations Cup after if this goes well.👍

I think he means will there be teams according to country like they do in the real ROC 👍

I think he means will there be teams according to country like they do in the real ROC 👍

That is the Nations Cup.:)

In Real Life, there is the Nation's Cup on a Saturday, where it's all teams and Germany wins it, on the Sunday, everyone is racing for themselves, and not for the country.

It is coming along nicely and demand for a Nations Cup is clear. However a balanced Nations Cup is abit difficult with the current entrants. It would end up as 5 Great Britain teams and one team of "The rest of the world"

It is coming along nicely and demand for a Nations Cup is clear. However a balanced Nations Cup is abit difficult with the current entrants. It would end up as 5 Great Britain teams and one team of "The rest of the world"

Why not just get one team of 2 from Great Britain, prioritising it will make you stronger as a team as well.

True. There would be much more choice of talent. I could split the UK up as well. Scottish team, Wales, England and Ireland. That would help as well. There is always a way.

GT5_X2010
True. There would be much more choice of talent. I could split the UK up as well. Scottish team, Wales, England and Ireland. That would help as well. There is always a way.

That's a good idea, hope this goes well for you 👍

Back