Race of Champions - Champion of Champions

• Thread starter GT5_X2010
  • 250 comments
GTPFIA 4 time polesitter and one time winner. If you want to slot me in if there are any spots free later on. :lol:

Sebastian Vettel was in the ROC before he won any titles. So shouldn't it be open to a bit more than champions?

PDI Racing Kart 100 Championship - Season 1, One Race Win.
BST Monaro Cup - One Race Win.

This is quickly becoming the "Race of Winners".

I have decided on a change to the car rules. The vehicle tuning will be prohibited. Cars will then be decided to fill all these catergories:
-Formula cars
-LMP
-Touring Car
-NASCAR
-Rally Car
-GT Car
-ROC Buggy (this is obviously improvised)

Last edited:
I would like to see the replay of this, should produce some great racing. Unfortunatley I cannot drive non formula cars very well so to avoid coming last I will just watch the results come in like the wheezy boys on the touchline with a note from matron :)

I would like to see the replay of this, should produce some great racing. Unfortunatley I cannot drive non formula cars very well so to avoid coming last I will just watch the results come in like the wheezy boys on the touchline with a note from matron :)

Formula cars are in the series. I just forgot it on the car list. It would be a heavily limited FGT.

It looks really good man and I wish you luck with it 👍
I think heavily limited would take away any advantage I have, my brain only works at high speed.

RFLX_Niop
GTP NASCAR Sprint Cup Champion. Currently 3rd in points for season 2.
Also IROC Champion.

Last edited:
Maybe I might be eligible next year.. As TOCA S4/5 champion :sly:

Sounds cool 👍

RacerPaul
BST V8's current Champion

ps. I'm not going to be the Season 2 Champion, but its not over
yet so I'm technically still eligible for a champions spot :lol:

Sounds cool 👍

RacerPaul
BST V8's current Champion

ps. I'm not going to be the Season 2 Champion, but its not over
yet so I'm technically still eligible for a champions spot :lol:

Sorry but you're too far down with 2 rounds remaining to be the champion in this season ;)

I have the chance to make my 'standing' in this series a lot stronger if I manage to win the V8's, now that would be something :sly:

Actually...does my 1st in the Vintage Nascar count? It was only a 4 race series :P

Sorry but you're too far down with 2 rounds remaining to be the champion in this season ;)
I clearly said I wasn't going to be champion this season :)

As Season 1 and therefore the current champion, my application for the RoC series still stands GT5_X2010, thanks 👍

GT5_X2010
Was there a reasonable amount of entrants at each race? (near the 10 mark)

Hmm well there was near 10 for 3 of the 4. I'd ask Carbonox, akmuq or Furi to judge whether i'd be a worthy entry as i'm unsure and they were involved in it 👍

@RacerPaul

It is good to see your are very passionate and determined to become the back to back BST V8 champion but do not worry. To enter into the ROC, you must of become champion at some time. Even if you became champion in February and then retired, you would still be eligble for entry so welcome to the ROC.

@TomMcD

Those attendance figures are fine. Your entry to the ROC has been accepted. Now I need to update the spreadsheet.

@EVERYONE

I am updating the OP as I have changed rules regarding critical event details.
Cars in use are announced
Track has been decided
The way each heat runs has been changed to save time and increase accuracy to the real life series.

Check the OP in about 30 minutes for these details.

Last edited:
harvickfan is signing up too. so I am adding jakegirard in. He is the season 4 LMP Champ.

The OP is finished. All important details are in there if you need to see them. I will now update the list of entrants and that is it for tonight. Just gona chill and do some testing. Feel free to join.

The way each heat runs has been changed to save time and increase accuracy to the real life series.

Looks good 👍

Only thing I would suggest to save time and make it even more accurate to the real life series is when two drivers are tied on victories in the groups, look at their total time from all their heats and see who's faster. That's how they do it in real life.

But as the cars are set to random that makes everything above useless. If a guy was drawn with an FGT and an LMP vs a guy who got a rally car and Nascar (as an example) it's obvious who would win. But oh well, another heat sounds good I guess lol.
--

Also how is everyone going to be decided what group they're in. That random generator thing?

Back