img.php

Event duration: Less than 90 minutes
Qualifying duration: Approximately 15 minutes
Race duration: 45-55 minutes

COMPLETE RESULTS & PHOTOMODES HERE

The Cars:
Alfa Romeo Spider 1600 Duetto ‘66
Lotus Elan S1 ‘62

Racers drive in team pairs, one in Spider, other in Elan.

Car Regulations:
comfort soft tires
tuning: prohibited

Allowed: oil change, engine rebuild, chassis restoration, wheel rims, & paint

Track:
30 laps @ Rome
1 mandatory pit stop

1st: 16, 2nd: 15, 3rd: 14, 4th: 13, 5th: 12, 6th: 11, 7th: 10, 8th: 9
9th: 8, 10th: 7, 11th: 6, 12th: 5, 13th: 4, 14th: 3, 15th: 2, 16th: 1
Team Results based on points. 👍

Race Regulations:
All aids off except ABS (driver's choice)
tire wear on
damage heavy
slipstream weak
grip real
penalty off
boost off
grid start, fastest first

Race Procedure:
15-minute qualifying
All racers enter track & spread out to qualify
All stay on track until race start
45-55 minute race
1 mandatory pit stop

Rules:
  1. GTP OLR Rules Please familiarize yourself with these rules prior to the event.
  2. There is 1 mandatory pit stop, to be taken at driver's choice.
  3. Pitting should also be done in the case of severe damage that's causing the car to be a nuisance on the track. ie: damage is not an excuse for reckless driving, wild weaving, nor neglecting track etiquette.
  4. If you cause a contact, you must make contact concessions.
  5. If your fault in a contact incident causes another car accident damage, you must follow into the pit with them.
  6. Failure to make contact concessions or failure to concession pit, will result in a post-race penalty concession. (ie: you will be placed below that racer in the results)
  7. Retaliation, "payback", & monkey-see-monkey-do rule flouting will not be tolerated.
  8. Rule violations or race incidents should be reported to the stewards via Private Messaging.
Stewards:
cc570 / cc570
jackargent / jackargent
Zorrin / Ditquois
watermelonpunch / wat3rm370n

Race will be hosted in the VCRC Lounge, add PSN: VCRC
Note: The VCRC account is just the club lounge account. It will rarely be signed on.
Get the FR in a.s.a.p. to assure acceptance in advance of racing.
In order to check the league lounge, you must click on the coffee cup,
and wait for the room content list to present.
No yellow people icon will show, even when the room is full.

Also please note that all club communication should be done through GTPlanet,
and not directed toward the PSN acct VCRC, as nobody checks messages there often, if at all.

Last edited:
Sign-Up Registry:
Please include: GTP Name / PSN Name / Team name? / which car? / car colour?
Teams do not have to match the paint on their cars,
but may want to stick with one team colour for recognition purposes, ie: both orange or both red.

Note: Racers not arranging a teammate will be paired with other interested racers.
Include your car preference, if any, in your interest sign up.

Teams:

"The Sofa Drivers"
jackargent / jackargent / Spider / Matte Light Green
watermelonpunch / wat3rm370n / Elan / Matte Light Green

"Wholly Sheet"
Zorrin / Ditquois / Spider / GT Chrome 8 & white
johnnynebraska / J-Neb / Elan / GT Chrome 8 & white

Merlin Racing
TyrrellRacing / TyrrellRacing / Spider / Petrol
John Wells / johnwells69 / Elan / Petrol

TBD Name ! ?
cc570 / cc570 / tbd / tbd
Schwarzbenz / Schwarzbenz / tbd / tbd

Interest sign-up:
  • GTP_J_Turner / JT977 / Elan / tbd

Last edited:
Love it. Love the concept and both cars, but it clashes with the Tri-Auto Cup timeslot. :ouch:
Good luck with the event. 👍

Well if it's Jacky Melon I'd expect a vulgar shade of pink - in fact I do have a lavender paint chip which is extremely disgusting should the pair of you wish to have it, just say so.

I am game for either car.

I like it! I'm in, but I'll need a damn fast partner to make up for my plodding. On the other hand, my ultra-conservative no-scratch racing approach makes for good endurance racing in close quarters.....and I do love that Lotus.

johnnynebraska / J-Neb / tbd / Lotus Elan / British Racing Green

I like it! I'm in, but I'll need a damn fast partner to make up for my plodding. On the other hand, my ultra-conservative no-scratch racing approach makes for good endurance racing in close quarters.....and I do love that Lotus.

Welcome! I thought you might like this.

Not to worry about a partner, I'm sure people will pair up easily enough.
And jackargent & I sure didn't worry about speed when partnering up. LOL
We're "The Sofa Drivers" not "The Senna Drivers", after all. ha ha
(No offense jack!)
I'm ultra-conservative, so I tend to do better in these types of events as opposed to more arcade go-for-it style racing. :)

My worry is that Zorrin is going to choose the Spider. :scared:
In the vintage mixer yesterday he won against faster cars in the Spider!!! :eek:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6984852#post6984852

Well Melon, now that you've laid that down I'll be taking the Spider. In it's glorious colourshifting pearlescent gold/green. Johnny, will you be my wingman?

Brilliant - you got it, Zorrin. I won't let you down - I'm actually not too shabby in the Lotus. I think I even have that colorshift paint chip laying around.

Now to come up with an equally brilliant team name...

Heavy damage endurance race on a real circuit in European lightweights :D.

Put me down for it. Looking for a team mate if anyone's interested !

Not particularly, they're both pretty good I think. Will probably be Alfa Romeo but if a team mate wants it then I'l go in the Lotus, I don't mind. :)

John Wells, want to team up ?

melon, as agreed in our team meeting at the top secret training camp, my spider is now painted matte light green.

beware the mean green sofa racers

lol I painted mine too. 👍
(Right after our Hubris Compound Meet. ha)

Update Correction:

Track:
30 laps @ Rome
1 mandatory pit stop

Bad math. :dunce: I think 30 laps should get us right within the ballpark of 45 minutes.

Edit again: I see what I did now, I added the pit time into every lap instead of just one. :lol: :guilty: :dopey:
I sure hope that doesn't happen!!! :lol:

Last edited:
Hey guys, newbie here. Interested in this race and available at appropriate time. No car preference. Is disabling the ABS allowed/looked down upon?

Team Wholly Sheet will be racing in GT Chrome 8 (Like British Racing Green, but Chrome) with White wheels.

Nice.

I was thinking cc570 & Schwarzbenz might both like to drive with abs off... Perhaps you guys ought to team up and be Team No aBS ;) :sly: :lol:

Quiet in here. Anyone done any practice laps yet ?

I'l be practising later at around 7 bst if anyone's around.

tumbleweed.gif

Think the people who are signed up for this are the silent types. lol
Or they're all planning their secret team plans. :mischievous:

Our team has done a little practice... as such.
The sofa drivers are banking on attrition. LOL :odd:

Quiet in here. Anyone done any practice laps yet ?

I'l be practising later at around 7 bst if anyone's around.

I did, I ran a whole bunch. However, can't remember how fast they were. Something like 1:36 (Elan) seems to sound about right?

Oh, well I think I've dipped into 1:36 with the Elan, but that's certainly not my usual laps inside the 5-10 lap practice races jackargent & I have been doing. Certainly not in the 1st few laps. Though as the tires warm, of course I tend to go faster. 1:37 to 1:38 seemed typical in the 5-10 lap test races.
I have not done any testing in the Spider, as I'm not driving the Spider for the race.
And generally I was often ahead of the Spider, and therefore jackargent spent more time drafting me, than I drafting him.

I'm in! Love the little Elan and really want to race it in endurance. Now all i need is a partner to race with...

Welcome!
You can race without a partner if it comes to that.
But occasionally someone winds up not being able to turn up, so it will be appreciated if someone who has a partner that gets detained from racing, will have the option for replacement. 👍
In the meantime pester your friends, and I'll see if anyone I know is interested. :)

Back