W.M.A Sanctioned Eagle Talon Spot Spec Trophy Cup

• Thread starter Jahgee
  • 67 comments

Jahgee

(Banned)
United States
New York
Jahgee1124
Using underused tracks in the GT5 library, I will hold a day of fun racing on Sunday August 26th from Noon to 5 PM my time. Your Eagle must be stock other than painted aftermarket rims. We will have races on the following tracks in the order below:
  • Kart Space I (We will vote on forwards or reverse) 33 Laps
  • The Top Gear Test Track (Damage will be on light) 14 Laps
  • Tsukuba Circuit (You must use the longer chicane every lap, if you do not use it, then your lap will not be scored in the official standings) 17 Laps
  • Eiger Nordwand Short Track(Rain will be on for this one, though the track will start at 0% for qualifying) 18 Laps
  • Cape Ring Inside (Changing from CSR5) 21 Laps
  • Toscana (Race will be at night) 11 Laps
  • Autumn Ring Mini (We will vote on forwards or reverse) 29 Laps
  • Adenydd y Ddraig Goch (Wings or Red Dragon, famous jump track by Welsh-Fury) 19 Laps
  • Motegi Superspeedway 30 Laps

All races will be around 20 minutes long, with 10 minutes of qualifying before hand. There is a mandatory pit stop that must be made within 10 laps of the halfway lap. Points will be distributed like so 1st-16th: 16-1 points with one point for the pole. All aids except driving line will be off (this includes ABS), tires will be sports hard, boost will be on low so there will be no cautions. Please show good race craft to others, there are no penalties except for disqualification if 2/3 of the other drivers vote for it. This is strictly for fun, there are no prizes involved. All areas of asphalt are fair to use, this includes green track. To sign up, simply copy and paste the list below adding yourself using a semi-descriptive name for your cars color and rim color like Sky Blue & Maroon.

Competitiors GTP/PSN/Car Color/Wheel Color
Jahgee1124/Jahgee1124/Lime Green/Chartreuse Yellow
MrMelancholy15/MrMelancholy15/Maziora Matterhorn/white
NEWDRIVER2/OTS_NEWDRIVER2/Maziora Matterhorn/white
YouButNotYou/YouButNotYou/TBD/TBD
diabolicwyvern /diabolicwyvern /TBD/TBD

Last edited:
Oh this looks like great fun, the Eagle Talon is so underrated. Sadly I'm out of town that day, but if you decide to run something like this again I'm interested. :)

Oh this looks like great fun, the Eagle Talon is so underrated. Sadly I'm out of town that day, but if you decide to run something like this again I'm interested. :)

I will try and hold another during the winter. Sorry you couldn't compete :nervous:.

I'll consider this. :)

Competitiors GTP/PSN/Car Color/Wheel Color:

(reserved for teammate)/Maziora Matterhorn/white

Both of my team cars are white with white rims.

So, as for track votes: how will they be done?

Kart Space I (We will vote on forwards or reverse)
Clubman Route Stage 5 (We will vote on forwards or reverse)
Toscana (We will vote on forwards or reverse)
Autumn Ring Mini (We will vote on forwards or reverse)

My votes, just in case:

Kart Space-forwards
Clubman Stage Route 5-forwards
Toscana-reverse
Autumn Ring Mini-reverse

And, as for Toscana, that's the dirt track, correct? :sly: Be warned, I'm not the slowest bloke about, around there. 👍

Yep, we are using a dirt track for that race. Also, that race you must come to a complete stop somewhere on the track for 3 seconds to simulate the pit stop, just get off the track while doing that stop.

Yep, we are using a dirt track for that race. Also, that race you must come to a complete stop somewhere on the track for 3 seconds to simulate the pit stop, just get off the track while doing that stop.

How I feel:

images

I like the Toscana dirt track. :sly:

I see, for the voting what we will do is have a user voted track and you guys will vote between forward and reverse for those layouts.

Understood. :) Thanks. And, no upgrades but rims, correct? I want to ensure that everyone's even for tuning setups, too.

Yes, tuning will be disabled for the race.

In that case, I'll offer up a pre-emptive "welcome to W.M.A. sanctioning," because it would make a great race for those who want to learn to race, but can't tune/upgrade very well yet. There are plenty of such people. If Nizmo agrees, you're in. Anyways, I'm going to sleep, because I have an autocross event in about 8 hours and 11 minutes, and need six hours (at least) of sleep, before hand. Have a good night, bud. :)

In that case, I'll offer up a pre-emptive "welcome to W.M.A. sanctioning," because it would make a great race for those who want to learn to race, but can't tune/upgrade very well yet. There are plenty of such people. If Nizmo agrees, you're in. Anyways, I'm going to sleep, because I have an autocross event in about 8 hours and 11 minutes, and need six hours (at least) of sleep, before hand. Have a good night, bud. :)

OK, just waiting on Nizmo's response, when/if I get a yes from him, I will add a W.M.A Sanctioned to the beginning of the title.

Sorry for the double post, but I have an announcement

For easier breaking in purposes, the tires used during the pavement races will be Sports Hard

We have also received sanctioning for this race from the World Motorsports Association.

Last edited:
I might have a go if it's tuning prohibited, since on this week all my normal races are during Knockhill/BTCC so I have nothing to practise for..

And I say any stock Fwd is allways good fun, forget what those Rwds snobs say.

I might have a go if it's tuning prohibited, since on this week all my normal races are during Knockhill/BTCC so I have nothing to practise for..

And I say any stock Fwd is allways good fun, forget what those Rwds snobs say.

Yes, tuning is prohibited, all aids except Driving Line are off and tires will be Sports Hard or Dirt (So that you can brake in your Eagle easier).

👍. I don't need driving line as it annoys me, only really used it in Gt5P. (It actualy suggests to brake earlier than you need to :lol:)

I'll find a Eagle on my main and send to my GTP then sign up. (I have 962 cars I'd be surprised if I don't have atleast 2 as I buy all Fwds twice :lol:.)

I figured for a change of pace to allow driving line and disallow ABS, do you mind posting your car color & rim color? I will put your PSN in the OP.

Ah no ABS even better, dirt driving will be interesting ;). Erm my usual colours are my avatar, the same colours I used in FMSC when you raced. Sapphire Metalic and yellow wheels aka Pirtek racing colours :dopey:.

Ah no ABS even better, dirt driving will be interesting ;). Erm my usual colours are my avatar, the same colours I used in FMSC when you raced. Sapphire Metalic and yellow wheels aka Pirtek racing colours :dopey:.

OK, in the OP you go. Spread the word to others who may be interested, so that we can fill the field out as much as possible.

Do you really mean EST? It's daylight time in most of the country.

I might be able to get in on most of these races.

Do you really mean EST? It's daylight time in most of the country.

I might be able to get in on most of these races.

I'm trying to go from Noon to 5, I just can't figure out whether it is AM or PM

I'm trying to go from Noon to 5, I just can't figure out whether it is AM or PM

May I ask, whether or not you mean "lunch time" in EST? If so, it's 12:00 to 17:00 Monday, EST, while that means GMT-6, apparently.

My question was more of the time zone.

You say 12-5PM EST (Eastern Standard Time)

If that's what you mean, that's also 12-5PM CDT (the time zone I am currently observing.)

If you really mean EDT (Eastern Daylight Time ((if you observe daylight savings time and are planning on starting when the clock on your wall says noon))) then it's the same as 11AM-4PM CDT.

Either way I won't be able to race the whole time, but I would be an hour closer to all of it if you mean the second.

I ask because many people unknowingly write EST when they really mean EDT and I believe all of New York (if that's really where you're from) observes daylight time.

Well, then. Thanks for the clarification! If you don't mind me racing in only about the first six or so races I'm in!

(reserved for MrMelancholy15's teammate)/Maziora Matterhorn/white
paulmac2k9/GTP_PaulMac/Sapphire Metallic/Yellow
Apmaddock/Apmaddock/Green Go/Yellow

Feel free to put me in a reserve list should you get a bunch of people and want to leave out a "partial" competitor.

Well, then. Thanks for the clarification! If you don't mind me racing in only about the first six or so races I'm in!

(reserved for MrMelancholy15's teammate)/Maziora Matterhorn/white
paulmac2k9/GTP_PaulMac/Sapphire Metallic/Yellow
Apmaddock/Apmaddock/Green Go/Yellow

Feel free to put me in a reserve list should you get a bunch of people and want to leave out a "partial" competitor.

Sure, I will italic you which means partial

Back