• 75 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
South Africa
JHB
Ninja_Nizmo

Wesbank.jpg

EngenBMW135iCup-M.jpg

*This is an Official W.M.A. sanctioned event.

Season Starts

SuzukaCircuitEastCourse.jpg

Welcome to the World Motorsport Association's (W.M.A) Engen BMW 135i Cup, part of the Wesbank Super Series initiative. This series will feature the BMW 135i Coupe '07 using the "tuning prohibited" option in the online lounge. This leads to very close and evenly matched racing and allows easy access as the drivers need only worry about driving and not tuning. Brake balance can be tuned and the tyres will be Sport Soft.

CtedAzur.jpg

Date

22 Aug 2012

Time

21:00 GMT+2

Car

BMW 135i

Upgrades

None. Only oil change and Sport Soft tyres allowed.

Races weekends would consist of two rounds per race night.

A 30min practice session will be held half an hour before the race, followed by a 10 min Qualification and a 5 min break before the race officially begins.

Qualifying:
When qualifying begins the host will notify the group via the chat box. The track will then be reset to clear all previous lap times. Once the track is reset all drivers will enter the pits and STAY in their pit box until the command is given that the track is green. Qualifying sessions will last for 10 minutes. Once a driver has entered the pits/track for qualifying they must not exit to the lounge or their times will be lost, stay on the track or in the pits.

DO NOT LEAVE THE TRACK AND RE-ENTER ONCE YOU HAVE SET A TIME. IF YOU DO SO, YOU WILL LOSE YOUR LAP TIME AND START FROM THE BACK OF THE GRID.

Be courteous of your fellow drivers during qualifying, give everyone room and if you're not on a fast lap do not impede other drivers who are on a fast lap. When time has expired the host will instruct the drivers to return to the pits where they must stay until the race countdown finishes. The host will list the top 5 qualifiers via the chat box. If all drivers follow these instructions the grid will be correct.

A Drivers Championship will be determined, as will a Rising Star Award.
The Rising Star Award will be presented to the driver that shows the most progress throughout the season.

SuzukaCircuitEastCourse_1.jpg

Races weekends will consist of two heats per race night. Both heats will consist of 8 Laps each.

Season Tracks

Cape Ring Inside
CapeRingInside-S.png

8 Laps

Deep Forest Raceway
DeepForestRaceway-S.png

8 Laps

Autumn Ring Mini
AutumnRingMini-S.png

8 Laps

Circuito de Madrid Reverse
CircuitodeMadrid-S.png

8 Laps

Grand Valley East
GrandValleyEastCourse-S.png

8 Laps

SuzukaCircuitEastCourse_5.jpg

Both races will start with a formation lap, with a standing start for the Race.

Race start procedure:
All cars run the formation lap in single file around the entire course at 100kph. Once the formation lap is completed, all drivers are to line up at their respective grid boxes. I will call a time in the chat and we all go then. If any body is caught jump starting in the race or replay, an investigation will ensue and they will be penalized/warned.

Lounge settings:

Tires: Sports Soft

Tuning: Prohibited

Penalties: Off

Damage: Light

Tire/Fuel Wear: On

Track Grip: Real

Slipstream: Weak

Aids: All are allowed

SPORTING REGULATIONS
  • GTP OLRrules will be used. I suggest your read and memorize these rules like you are studying for your final exams.
  • Banter, Bullying, Stereotyping, Racism or Whining will not be tolerated. Any one caught doing either of these will result in a warning, penalty, disqualification or complete removal of the series. We are here to have fun guys, we don't need these types of problems to ruin the race for everyone.
  • 2 Wheels of the Car should be on track at all times. The curbs (white and red/blue ones) count as part of the Track.
  • Cutting corners or going off track intentionally will incur a 2 second penalty per offence.
  • If you do not pit in the Feature Race, will will lose you finishing position and be classified last.
  • Faliure to adhere to these rules will incur a PENALTY. (Point degration or Grid spot penalties for the next race)
  • The W.M.A. Drivers Handbook will be available soon.

*Rules subject to change with prior notice!!!

Points will run 1st to 10th

1 Point is also available to the driver who grabs Pole for the Feature Race.

SuzukaCircuitEastCourse_2.jpg

All testing sessions will be posted and all registered drivers are encouraged to participate.

All feedback/opinions is encouraged and/or welcomed, either on the thread or by PM to Myself

If anyone else interested, please state your GTP name/PSN name/Colour/Rim Colour/Team Name

Last edited:
Registered Drivers

SuzukaCircuitEastCourse_7.jpg

NizmoDr3 / nizmodr3 / Green / Yellow / Mobil1 Racing
MrMelancholy15 / MrMelancholy15 / Maziora Matterhorn / White / Team Phoenix
NEWDRIVER2 / OTS_NEWDRIVER2 / Midnight Purple 1,2,3 / White / Team Phoenix
Driver101 / Driverone0one / Lime Green / Black / 101 Racing
TDZdave / TDZ-4-12-14-88 / TBD / TBD / Mobil1 Racing
FakeGangstaDIE / cam_from_nj / TBD/TBD / TBD
AceAeon23 / AceAeon23 / TBD/TBD / TBD
OneManRiot / AllyKH2882 / Black/Black / TBD

Last edited:
SuzukaCircuitEastCourse_3.jpg

A convenient picture of my entry.

GTP name/PSN name/Colour/Rim Colour/Team Name

MrMelancholy15/MrMelancholy15/Maziora Matterhorn/white/Team Phoenix

Yes, they are team colours; white on white is so clean. :)

:lol: ... that was actually Rally on Comforts ... :lol:

Shhhh, I know; it's still the car I'm using: a white 135i.

The only other photo, which highlights my driving, is after we all had that last corner bump that put NEWDRIVER2 and me off track. :ouch: That's not exactly the best way to say "Oh, hi! I'm here!"

That was actually me in the yellow Beemer ...

There were like five of us. Someone tapped the brakes, after someone else was delayed getting back on the throttle, we all bunched up... I think. I don't even remember. I tried to hold the inside line, without hitting the pit entrance. It didn't really work too well.

I think this is me in the orange BMW am I right ? :lol: I am in reserve place for me :dopey:

NEWDRIVER2/OTS_NEWDRIVER2/MIDNIGHT PURBEL 1,2,3/white/Team Phoenix

I am in on this, should be good fun, cant drive cars without tuning, but hey lets have a go.

@niz, I will confirm colour.

Are all Aids really allowed ?

This is a beginner series where the inexperienced guys can learn fron the experienced guys, so yes, all aids are on for those that need it ... once guys start getting used to the racing, then they can slowly start taking the aids off ...

@ D ... I'll put it in the OP bud ...

"A 45min practice session will be held half an hour before the race starts"

:confused: am I missing something?

"A 45min practice session will be held half an hour before the race starts"

:confused: am I missing something?

:lol: I think he means that there's open practice for 30 minutes, and then he wants people to join for another 15 minutes, before qualifying; just like real drivers can opt-out of some practice sessions, but, not every one.

NizmoDr3
My bad bud ... grammer mistake ... 30 min practice session, then a 10 min Quali session with a 5 min break before green flag ...

No worries! I was just a bit confused. I'd love to sign up, but I just can't make the times :(

Wow, this meshes with Karts a bit. This series is @ 14:00 GMT-5 Wednesdays, Karts @ 15:00 GMT-5 Wednesdays.

Damn ... I didn't think of that ... might have to move it a day back or forward ...

Not necessarily. I'll move karts back a bit, if I need to, and it gives us the chance for Karts drivers, (perhaps) to join this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back