Toyota Yaris Hybrid-R will be in GT6?

• Thread starter Dionisiy
  • 78 comments
Russian Federation
Russia, Moscow
Dionisiy
ku-xlarge.jpg

...Inside, there are Recaro bucket seats, Alcantara trim and sport pedals lifted from the Toyota GT 86 (Scion FR-S). Also borrowed from the GT 86 is the CAN-Gateway ECU system that allows drivers to download onto a USB or smartphone racing data collected while driving on the track. The driver can then transfer this to the upcoming Gran Turismo 6 Playstation video game. GPS data, longitudinal accelerations, steering angles, gear changes, engine speed, vehicle speed and even water temperature are used to reproduce a real lap of the track inside the game and which can then be played virtually...

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/...ybrid-r-concept-hints-at-great-things-to-come

Last edited:
Nice find. Could be, but I wouldn't say it is definitely. As I've come to understand it any car can have that system so it doesn't necessary mean the car will be in the game. That picture could be straight from GT5/6 though! So much green foliage, just like the game. :dopey:

I don't want to be too positive but this does indeed look like a picture straight from GT, not to mention it's the sort of car I would really expect them to have.

...The driver can then transfer this to the upcoming Gran Turismo 6 Playstation video game.

Maybe as DLC, but I'd say that's a confirmation, the CAN-Gateway ECU would be pointless in it without it being in GT6.

I wouldn't mind that car, looks fun.

This image really looks like GT, but one thing that puzzles me are the yellow curbs. Spa has the old coloring scheme in GT5. So either the track got an update or the image is a mock up.

This image really looks like GT, but one thing that puzzles me are the yellow curbs. Spa has the old coloring scheme in GT5. So either the track got an update or the image is a mock up.

The whole point is not in the picture. The text says that we will be drive this Toyota in GT6.

The pictures are from real life(check link in OP), my earlier comment was more in line with how I imagine the car would look like in the game.

If they put a Prius in it, they'll probably also put this car in GT6. ;)

I mean the Honda Insight and the "sport hybrid" Honda CRZ are in GT so I can't see why they wouldn't put in Toyota their sport hybrid.

Last edited:
it's difficult to tell the difference these days, GT6 looks that good. i still think it's a real life picture with a few effects in the background that make it look fake, not sure.

Not really, it has a 60 bhp Electric motor powering each rear wheel (as said above)

Correction it has two 60hp electric motors one to each rear wheel. This thing is absolutely incredible from an engineering standpoint. It's cut from the same performance vein that all the new hyper performance cars are coming from with its gas/electric power train.

Well, it would be odd to recreate a lap made in the Yaris with a GT 86 in GT6, so that would point to this car being included in GT6.

I also have to say that I like the styling, definitely the best looking Yaris I've ever seen!

I adore this car! I'll so paint it either blue or red. Cars like these are my most favorite. :D

Oh and btw, those clouds look very anime-ish. GT6?

Maybe I'm getting too technical, but it sounds more like the data from the car's computer can be imported into GT6. Doesn't necessarily mean the car itself will be there.

If the motor is going to run out in just a few laps like every other hybrid in the game it'll be pretty much useless for anything but hotlapping, photo's and single make racing. To my mind, cars with limited uses like this detract adding to the cars most of us really want in the game, those that can run for more than a few laps without losing power and can be competitive in PP racing.

Correction it has two 60hp electric motors one to each rear wheel. This thing is absolutely incredible from an engineering standpoint. It's cut from the same performance vein that all the new hyper performance cars are coming from with its gas/electric power train.

That's kinda what I said, though it wasn't very clear. :dunce: But yeah, this new technology is exciting, increased performance with added efficiency should please many people.

That's kinda what I said, though it wasn't very clear. :dunce: But yeah, this new technology is exciting, increased performance with added efficiency should please many people.

Why would we care about effiency in a videogame where we consume no fuel or any other resources ut time? My guess is outside of a few tree huggers no one gives a rat's butt about the inclusion of hybrids/elecric cars in any GT game.

Why would we care about effiency in a videogame where we consume no fuel or any other resources ut time? My guess is outside of a few tree huggers no one gives a rat's butt about the inclusion of hybrids/elecric cars in any GT game.

I was on about the real thing...

Back