The Twilight Zone - Now with VIDEOS!

Videos with sound at bottom of this post!

I was coming down the Tunnel leading to Nouvelle Chicane on Cote D'Azur when I realized I was carrying too much speed. I braked but....

WAIT A SECOND!

I aimed right for the wall! :dopey:

Yes, as some of you know this is track escaping. But what you haven't seen is a motherload of pictures showing you the humorous possibilities!

A purplish F1 was seen rampaging through coastal homes....

The stairs make you bounce.... repeatedly

Quickgrass?

It is not uncommon to do a random wheelie when carousing about in The Twilight Zone.

......Singing to the ocean, has the ocean lost its way......

On the dock

Back on land

My secret little course

My Formula flies - does yours?

No BS this time. All pictures are 100% unadulterated and photo editing free. I can upload replays if so requested.

I found something very interesting....out in the Mediterranean and even while on land but not right next to the track, you only get 15 photo angles to choose from. Even worse is that except for angle #1, all the rest are stationed on the track....meaning....you only have ONE view to choose from. I was relying on dive view to give me the angle I wanted for each scene....... :nervous:

Feel free to post any other experiences you have while testing the limits of this game!

Seattle is possible too! (but much harder to do)

For those of you experiencing trouble with breaking through, or just want to watch some videos and see how I got my crazy shots, please click here and scroll down to 'Various Replays'. Breakout 1 is my first attempt and the end is rather bumpy. Breakout 2 is sped up at 5x so you don't get bored, with the first 12 minutes of attempting to get in again cut out :P

Well, for whatever reason, PD seemed to have spent more time modelling the off-track areas rather than improving the stupid AIs. But hey, at least we get to drive in the matrix right? *whoa* :dunce:

WHOA!!! nice one man, but do you mind explaining how you managed it (speed, position, brake/throttle at impact)? earlier today I tried aiming as far right as I could at full throttle in my option stream z, but with no sucess. :(

thx

jamezracer
WHOA!!! nice one man, but do you mind explaining how you managed it (speed, position, brake/throttle at impact)? earlier today I tried aiming as far right as I could at full throttle in my option stream z, but with no sucess. :(

thx

Thanks guys.

Basically, I got the car as fast as possible through the tunnel. It is quite hard to do, and I can't even do it most of the time. What you need to do is stay as far to the right as possible, and kind of graze the wall before you smack the barrier. Hopefully you will 'overload' the game and find yourself in the forbidden area of Monaco. Come into the corner at about a 5 degree angle or so.

whoa kenny
you have uncovered the greatest glitch in the history of the universe!
well, maybe not quite
but still those pics are awesome

however i dare not try since my gt4 stuffs up already just running normally

Cool - you must have spent a while out there to get all those photos? Guess you didn't want to waste the opportunity eh?...

I've only ever done the track breakout once or twice, and that was back in GT2 at Motorsports Land.

So, these builidings won't be defined properly and you can drive through them as though they're not there? Is this right? :)

That looks painful. :ill:

First the wheel incident, now this? Your Formula GT is clearly cursed, I say you ditch it. Pronto!

Cool pictures though. 👍

tabs

That looks painful. :ill:

First the wheel incident, now this? Your Formula GT is clearly cursed, I say you ditch it. Pronto!

Cool pictures though. 👍

Thanks. Yeah, I really wanted red :P

drifterxl - I actually didn't discover the glitch, at least two people before me did. I first saw a post by MisterWeary I believe, then tubago.

ferrari-chris - none of the objects out there are solid, absolutely none at all. I felt like stargate, slowly rolling through the wall and watching my car temporarily disappear.

In fact I drove all the way to the outermost limits of the track map on the screen - and once you get that far away the handling is affected when you turn. The car becomes unstable and slides around some, so I didn't venture off the screen much.

At least this time it sounds true. I'll need to try this but can it corrupt my memory card or something like this? cause I don't want to lose my save file

That is some crazy stuff, i have attempted to do it once but it nvr worked, very awesome stuff dude. LoL It makes me laff looking at the pics, people get bored and do the unexpected, flying F1's, going through walls etc... :crazy:

Awsome and crazy work kenny! If I ever go to monaco for real i will watch out for those spots! To make sure I dont fall into some matrix and to never be heard from again!

Ok so i went home and tried this yesterday, i tried about 18-20 times at very high speeds striking the indicated are - no luck!! :sad: any exact spot? speed? (i was trying it at high speed - probably about as fast as you can go and i was hitting just in the right hand side corner where the crowd stands!!!)

Back