• Thread starter 194GVan
  • 250 comments

194GVan

Premium
United States
Gainesville VA
retrohoon
ratr0
Has anyone else read the Game Informer feature article in the March 2006 issue on this game?

:drool:

Although this game is still probably over a year away, I would have to say the article and screenshots REALLY impressed me. It sounds like the storyline/gameplay does not go along with the Concept Art I was able to come across, sounds like something completely new.

Anyways, I dont have a scanner, so go buy yourself the March 2006 GI! This is going to be a game to keep an eye on next year! 👍

Screens and Renders

BIOSHOCK

In a world beneath the ocean, a paradise was born, then humanity's search for perfection became an obsession.

The "world exclusive" article is only in the magazine and is not online, its hard to pull alot of info from it because it all sort of ties together, as in, you basically have to read the article as a whole to understand it all. There is only one picture posted online that shows the environment (first one posted above), but in the magazine there are at least 10-15 more pictures showing many of the environment's aspects. This looks like no game Ive seen before, check out the article if you can, because theres really not much of a way I could explain it all.

There's a link here to a bioshock site.
Can't say what I think of it yet. Too early in its development. But I hope it'll use the 360's abilities well. There's too few games coming out that are truly next-gen. It's not just graphics that make a game next-gen, it's the content too.

slackbladder
There's a link here to a bioshock site.
Can't say what I think of it yet. Too early in its development. But I hope it'll use the 360's abilities well. There's too few games coming out that are truly next-gen. It's not just graphics that make a game next-gen, it's the content too.
We will have to wait later this year and early next year, before we starting seeing more games using the next gen of hardware more.

DRIFT GOD
looks like it could be a sweet game, i hope you can explore the ocean and see different fish and stuff 👍
Yes I agree. So far there really arent any cool games like this. It would be cool to explore colorful fish under water or an entire under water world. Imagine how colorful it would be in HDTV. :dopey:
GVAN can you take pics of the pics from the magazine? Sounds like a very exciting game.

CAMAROBOY69
Yes I agree. So far there really arent any cool games like this. It would be cool to explore colorful fish under water or an entire under water world. Imagine how colorful it would be in HDTV. :dopey:
GVAN can you take pics of the pics from the magazine? Sounds like a very exciting game.

We just moved last weekend, which was lovely btw, but I will try to find our digital camera tonight and take some good pics of the mag and post them up.

The way the article sounded, didnt seem like there would be any swimming around but hey, its still a year away and that possibility is definately there, being underwater and all.

194GVan
We just moved last weekend, which was lovely btw, but I will try to find our digital camera tonight and take some good pics of the mag and post them up. Ill try to get the text nice and clear too so you can read about it, its insane.

The way the article sounded, didnt seem like there would be any swimming around but hey, its still a year away and that possibility is definately there, being underwater and all.
Congrats on the move. If you posted about it can you send me the link?
Looking forward to the pics of this game. :) 👍 Even if you cant swim around mabey it will allow you to look out the glass tubing to see underwater creatures.
If its anywhere near as colorful as Kameo then I will be more than happy. I still cant wait to get a 360 so I can play Kameo again.

Thanks for sharing the pics GVAn. I was able to read some of the text but not all of it. I will keep an eye on this one for sure. I would think that if it is all under water that they would have some killer scenery to make it believable that you are actually under water. 👍

Havent seen much more info about this game. No release date or anything. I am glad to hear it is also for the PC. That makes sooo glad I bought a gaming PC. I will be able to get most of the games that come out for the 360 on the PC. :)

Very interesting, when I first saw the screen caps I looked away but after the video(Thanks MachOne) I have to say it looks very entertaining, at least worth playing, very much how I would prefer all FPS to be, much like "Prey" and other games that are highly interactive, it makes you feel more in touch with the game, in real life you could do anything including annoying things like flicking off and on the lights, I figure you should be able to interact with your enviroment in anyway you see fit much like Bioshock does.

All I think I can say is "WOW."

...Now that the information is comming at a faster rate, especially with video, it makes you appreciate those awards the game recieved back in May just a bit more!

You all know this is the spiritual successor to System Shock 2 (Best Horror game ever) right? This isn't no pissy exploration game, this is a straight up horror thriller :D

OMG this game looks incredible. I have been trying to keep an eye out for any information. It looks like everything I was hoping for in my other replies. I was hoping to have a game where you could view the underwater ocean and it looks like they finally created a game where you can do that. Plus the AI is beyond impressive and the graphics are simply amazing. The puzzles look like fun too. It looks like a combination of Half Life 2 and PREY but way better. I also like how its not linear and the AI is dynamic not scripted. The ability to cast spells onto the AI to fool the cameras into thinking its you is simply brilliant!! 👍 👍
It is coming out around 4/2/07 according to EB games. This will be a must buy game for sure.

OMG this game looks incredible. I have been trying to keep an eye out for any information. It looks like everything I was hoping for in my other replies. I was hoping to have a game where you could view the underwater ocean and it looks like they finally created a game where you can do that. Plus the AI is beyond impressive and the graphics are simply amazing. The puzzles look like fun too. It looks like a combination of Half Life 2 and PREY but way better. I also like how its not linear and the AI is dynamic not scripted. The ability to cast spells onto the AI to fool the cameras into thinking its you is simply brilliant!! 👍 👍
It is coming out around 4/2/07 according to EB games. This will be a must buy game for sure.
Is that April or February? M/D/Y? D/M/Y?

Looks like the date got bumped again. 8/21/07 Its fine with me. The longer they wait the better it will be. Plus I will have more than enough games to keep me busy for the rest of the year.

There are at least 20 new videos of this game since my last post. We also pre-ordered this game. It looks like its going to have a similar puzzle solving feel to Half Life 2 but all under water with much much more. :drool:

I for one think that this game looks absolutely amazing. From the first trailor i saw, I was in love. Its just so eerie, and soo different from any other FPS. I want it bad.

Back