@ Suzuka Circuit in GSR Spirit. ^_~
GTP_CAMikaze

GTPlanet Clio Cup Series

Round #4
Apricot Hill

Track Map credits - [SEARCH]AMG.[/SEARCH]
Banner Credits - [SEARCH]mnm_bmx[/SEARCH]

Hot-Lap Qualifying, 9 Lap Sprint Race and 13 Lap Feature Race

Sunday, November 4th, 2007 @ Midnight(24:00) GMT (7:00 pm EST)

We now head for the fresh air and hilly countryside for the fourth round of the Clio Cup series and Apricot Hill Raceway. This track configuration for this round provides the racers with a couple of downhill straightaways for some fast acceleration. Also, the undulating esses between T1 and T2 will challenge them to stay on their fastest line into the seemingly endless Turn 6 heading into the back straight.

There is a tight battle at the top of the Drivers Championship standings with only two points seperating the top 2 drivers. There's no telling if there will be a change at the top, or if the lead in the standings will - ehhh - 'grow'.:ouch: Also, can RACECAR duplicate his double-podium finish at Monaco? Or can he even - uh - 'produce' - :ill: - a victory to vault him higher in the Drivers Standings? SammiTogueGirl continues to lead the Independent Cup standings. While over in the Team Cup and Nations Cup, Bad Boys Racing and Team Hungary continue their places as the top pick of their respective 'crops'.:crazy: Plenty of races are left in the season, but this is no time for those who are in it to 'wilt' - :yuck: - away from the challenge.

Sorry about the puns, but I couldn't help it.:embarrassed:

All rules, regulations, car specifications, and races are controlled by the GTP Clio Cup officials. Any and all questions should be directed to the GTP Clio Cup officials(CAMikaze and RACECAR) and they will do their best to answer in a timely and accurate manner.
All drivers must run at the specified Tires, Top Speed, Weight and Horsepower settings for each round.

All Other Standard Online Racing Rules apply.
  • No Cheating, Hybrids, or any funny stuff like that. Run the car according to the Specifications please.
  • Try and keep two wheels on the road at all times. No shortcuts.
  • No wall-riding. It slows you down.
  • TCS and/or ACS is allowed IF DESIRED, but NOT mandatory.
  • Discussion of the split times is allowed but the full lap and race times are not be mentioned in the thread until the results have been posted and made official. Doing so will subject the driver to a time penalty to be added on to the qualifying and/or race time.
  • Times must be submitted by PM to CAMikaze and RACECAR by the Deadline listed. Otherwise a time penalty of 1 second for every minute after the deadline it is sent in by will be assesed to the Qualifying and Race times. Should the time submission not be sent in to the GTP Clio Cup Stewards by 2 hours after the deadline has passed, the times sent in after then will not be counted in the results.

Car Specifications
Power: 261 HP (-11), Weight: 1058 kg (-8), Top Speed: 260 km/h (0), Tires: RH/RH only

Qualifying Specifications
Arcade Mode >>> Time Trial >>> Original Circuits >>> Apricot Hill >>> Forward >>> Select Car

Sprint Race Specifications
Arcade Mode >>> Single Race >>> Original Circuits >>> Apricot Hill >>> Forward >>> Select Car
Transmission: MT or AT, Driving Aids: Your Choice, Tires: Racing: Hard, Difficulty: At least +5
Race Options: Arcade: No. of Laps: 9, Tire Wear: Mild, Driving Aids: Your Choice, Penalty: Forced Pit Entry, Time Limit: None

Feature Race Specifications
Arcade Mode >>> Single Race >>> Original Circuits >>> Apricot Hill >>> Forward >>> Select Car
Transmission: MT or AT, Driving Aids: Your Choice, Tires: Racing: Hard, Difficulty: At least +5
Race Options: Arcade: No. of Laps: 13, Tire Wear: Mild, Driving Aids: Your Choice, Penalty: Forced Pit Entry, Time Limit: None

Please make sure you send your Times formatted this way. It'll make it easier, and we'll be good.;)
Code:
Driver(Country): [Your name and country here]
Car #: [Your car # here]
Team: [The team you're racing for here]

Qualifying: [Your fastest Qualifying lap time here]

Sprint Race
Total Time: [The time it took for you to complete the race]
Best Lap: [Your fastest race lap]
AI Settings: [The level you had the AI race at and what tire settings you gave the AI]

Feature Race
Total Time: [The time it took for you to complete the race]
Best Lap: [Your fastest race lap]
AI Settings: [The level you had the AI race at and what tire settings you gave the AI]

A couple more notes before we get things going here.

• Some Ground Rules: Now that we're back to the road courses, there are the possibilities that you'll be forced off of the road by the AI cars again. Take care in getting back on the track because the ground is pretty rough off track.
  • Also, no passing the AI cars via cutting the corners is allowed. Especially in the chicane at Turn 11. Should you pass any of the cars in this manner, you're to let them back by you ASAP.
  • Again regarding submitting your times, for the Clio Cup Season once you have submitted your times, they're locked in and can not be changed. If you believe you can do better, hold off on sending the times in until you believe you cannot do any better or don't think you would have any more time to try to set a faster time. And make sure you PM your final times to myself(CAMikaze) and RACECAR before the race deadline so that you don't get asessed any penalties. ;)👍
  • So far for this series the turnout for each round is just about as I was hoping for. I would like to see more of you take part in this round and in the rounds to come this season. Hopefully, we can have a round this season where all 32 drivers(as of the start of this round) take part! :D

And with all that said...

Good luck, and good racing to all of you!:sly:👍​

Round4Qualifying.jpg

Round4Sprint.jpg

Round4Feature.jpg

Apologies for the mis-spelling on 'submission'. :embarrassed:

Round4DriversPoints.jpg

Round4IndependentPoints.jpg

Round4TeamPoints.jpg

Round4NationsCupPoints.jpg

Hi guys:
The best (so far) out of my first 20 laps on the hill with clio
T1: 13.569
T2: 59.292

There is a lot of room for improvement!

Now to gt4 to do 20 more laps.

New Info:
Terrible news (for me) i just did the sprint race and by lap 9 my front tires are in very bad shape specially the right one. There is no way that I can complete the feature race without pit in or doing the 2 final laps loosing a lot of time.
With the suzuka experience, I know that most of the drivers will be able to finish the feature without tire problems.
:guilty::guilty::guilty::guilty: sad, very sad.

CAMikaze: any chance to re-set the feature race to 15 laps?
I really got my hope up for the hill and be almost the only driver who has to pit in is really sad (for me)

PS: Once again, sorry for my bad english

Hi guys:
The best (so far) out of my first 20 laps on the hill with clio
T1: 13.569
T2: 59.292

There is a lot of room for improvement!

Well, I think there is not so much left in it.you are getting faster and faster,Smokalot.👍
But actually you've lost a lot of time between T1-T2.My T2 time is just 28.5xx.:)

Here are my current splits:
T1 13.4xx
T2 28.5xx
T3 58.5xx

Today's splits from a few minutes ago:

T1: 0'13.445
T2: 0'28.631
T3: 0'58.456

This course really suits my driving style and Finally I actually feel that I'm actually quick in this car.

Have started a week late due to having a fantastic week mountain biking in the Highlands of Scotland.
Had an hours practice this morning and the best I came up with is :

T1 - 13'330

T2 - 28'382

T3 - 58'242

nige

Thanks GTX, but: T1, T2 and T3?
T3??? to gt4 right now.

Ops. my bad.. did not see that there was a T3 on hill(my "T2" was actually my T3).
Just went to Replay Theater and here are my real Ts
T1 13.569
T2:29.229
T3:59.292

Total: 1.2x.xxx

Thanks GTXdriver.

VERY very nice pics nige. not a big fan of "Human powered machines" it would be awesome to be on this places with a 250cc XR or maybe a 125cc RA(noisy but very efective)
so far the only thing i know for sure of scottland is the quality of your whiskey(BTW: really really good)

PS: once again, sorry for my bad english

VERY very nice pics nige. not a big fan of "Human powered machines" it would be awesome to be on this places with a 250cc XR or maybe a 125cc RA(noisy but very efective)
so far the only thing i know for sure of scottland is the quality of your whiskey(BTW: really really good)

PS: once again, sorry for my bad english
Yep the whisky is good but an acquired taste though. I'm afraid I like it too much. Goes well with Haggis!!!!!!

nige

Times in! (just to be on the safe side)

My ps2 is making very strange noises....something like trak trak trak on every loading screen...sometimes the "clock" that appears on the loading screen turns RED!!. The laser seems to be fine, i can see all the opening movie without problems.....but that noise have me very very worried.

Well i really enjoy this circuit. Really suits the handling of the Clio perfectly! :D This is my split for today, hope i can still improve throughout the weekend.

T1: 13.663
T2: 28.502
T3: 58.517

My ps2 is making very strange noises....something like trak trak trak on every loading screen...sometimes the "clock" that appears on the loading screen turns RED!!. The laser seems to be fine, i can see all the opening movie without problems.....but that noise have me very very worried.

I had exactly that with my old brick ps2. I tried putting it on its end and that worked for a little while. In the end though it died and I had to buy a slimline one. I hope yours holds out for a little while longer.
nige

Your laser isn't fine!

The "red clock of death" is a pretty good indicator that your Ps2 is on the way out buddy!
You can try stripping it down and cleaning the lens then re-adjusting it, but to be honest..........it's on it's way to being buggered! Sorry!

The tick,tick,tick sound is the lens bouncing off (hopefully) the stop whilst trying to focus on the disk. It is a sure and certain sign of impending doom!

Sorry
Neil

Speaking of tick, tick, tick and clock, I just remembered the people in the US go back to Standard time this Sunday morning. So I edited the Deadline in the first post so that it reflects the correct deadline time in regards to Eastern Standard Time. :embarrassed:

Also, I got the first time submission for this round earlier. Hopefully, we can get a lot more in before this rounds deadline.;)👍

@ Neil re: PS2: I'm doing what I can to keep my PS2 brick well maintained with using the DVD Maintenance Kit, Dust Remover and vacuum at least once a month. Also, I am thinking of getting a Slimline PS2 in the near future.:D I did consider getting that recently, but I thought I should get a laptop PC first in case the PC I'm using right now ultimately bites the dust soon.

And in case anyone was wondering about the PC, I got a new Acer laptop from Best Buy last Friday and I'm in the process of getting it set up for internet purposes.:sly:

Hey Nige you would love the Bristol that I live in here in the U.S. Mountains, streams, rivers, views vistas and we make our own "whiskey"! Mountain Bikers' Mecca.

Chris, you might as well go the whole hog and get a PS3 if you are thinking about a slimline.
Just make sure you get the 60Gb one or better, the 40Gb one DOES NOT play PS2 games so GT4 would be out.
Look on Ebay, there are loads available for pretty good savings on retail prices.

Neil

Hey Nige you would love the Bristol that I live in here in the U.S. Mountains, streams, rivers, views vistas and we make our own "whiskey"! Mountain Bikers' Mecca.

Hey I want some of that. Sounds like my ideal location!! Any pics to share?
Just one question - What percentage proof is the whisky? :cheers: Cheers buddy.

Just managed my fastest splits:

T1 - 13'344

T2 - 28'265

T3 - 58'089

Regards,
nige

Nice splits,nige!👍
At T3 I'm ahead of you with a margin of 0.071...:eek:

I shouldn't worry there's not much chance of me improving upon it!!! Will have a last few goes this weekend before I submit.
I have really enjoyed the racing this week. I think the week off did me good!!

EDIT - Times Submitted - 13.30 GMT Saturday

Just a quick question which I'm sure somebody has the answer to - Why is the Time display different when running 9 and 13 lap races. On the 9 lap you have in the top right hand corner Best lap and Last Lap times but in the 13 lap race you have Best Lap and Overall time? :confused:

nige

I think its that if its more than 10 laps its endurance.:)
Can I be annoying and change my sponser to Sabotage.

Less than 23 hours to the Round 4 deadline now. ;)
Just a quick question which I'm sure somebody has the answer to - Why is the Time display different when running 9 and 13 lap races. On the 9 lap you have in the top right hand corner Best lap and Last Lap times but in the 13 lap race you have Best Lap and Overall time? :confused:

nige
I think its that if its more than 10 laps its endurance.:)
I'm thinking it may be something along the lines of how the game was programmed back then. If the race distance was at least 10 laps, we would be seeing the Total Time displayed instead of the Last Lap. I hope for GT5 we would be seeing all three time indicators on the screen for when we race.:sly:

Can I be annoying and change my sponser to Sabotage.
Sabotage, eh? Is this some sort of new women's fragrance now out in your part of the world Sammi?:D

Times submitted to CAMikaze. :)

Well i think this should work just nicely. The race feels good (although the AI cars trying to punt you off doesn't help at all!!! :scared:) The sprint race came nicely, as i was leading the whole race, finishing by a few seconds. :D As for the feature race, i did by best but i still failed! :guilty: Only came in 2nd when my tire starts to 🤬 up!!! (cause i didn't bother to pit in) Only a few more corners to go and my tire let go!!!! :ouch: :banghead: But then again, it was exciting none the less. Glad i didn't crash off too far or even spin out of control.

Now these is one of my attempts in the sprint race, i really screw that up!!!!

cliocupcrashtd3.gif

Well all i can only say is that:
I was going too fast and brake a tad too late. :ouch:

Here is the one of my Sprint race attempt, really was a close call. The Maxi 5 spun off in front of me, missing me by inches!!! :eek:

nearfatalaccidentna6.gif

Woohoo!!! Another race done!!! :cheers:

Times submitted to Camikaze and I have an announcement.... I... bought.... a... PS3. There I said it. --- Randy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back