• Only DLC Tracks

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • Only DLC Cars

Votes: 8 5.3%
  • No DLC

Votes: 22 14.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'd like to help out as well, especially with the Nurburgring one. Got some ideas for that I've been working on for a while.

I have more ideas to to expand car selection and run different cars at different events. I have one I'm particularly liking.

Uh Oh! Here's tcrash's opinion! I don't mind running a special event enduro race as long as it doesn't interfere with SPEC races.
I also want to say that we worked very hard to make SPEC the place to race on Saturday nights and to bring the closest enduro racing by implementing caution laps to bring the field back together and to change the rules of SPEC for one special event race, I'm not for. If we are going to have a SPEC enduro race, no matter if it's normal SPEC points race or a special event, the same rules should apply.

race #3:
Deep Forest Raceway / Reverse
88 Laps --for 110 min of racing
Caution Laps @ 29 & 59

Around 1:15 a lap.

Thank you Nick!

My choice for next season is Nurburgring GP/F. However I don't know if I want to do time change(weather is definite no), I'll update this asap once I can test time change(I was thinking of starting in the morning and finishing at sun set). We are having major problems with TV/Internet, at least the power is back on. Oh and typing long messages off a smartphone sucks!

Update:

Nurburgring GP/F
Start Time: 800
Time Progression: 3
Weather at Start: 0
Weather Change: 0

Last edited:
Well, I've got some bad news. After hearing from Verizon, it probably won't be until Monday till they can send a technician out. They said our internet/tv may come back on its own, or they may be able to get out earlier. So for the time being, I am unable to race, and I'll try and keep the thread as up to date as possible.

cmbeal317

race #3:
Deep Forest Raceway / Reverse
88 Laps --for 110 min of racing
Caution Laps @ 29 & 59

Around 1:15 a lap.
Thanks Nick! that helps a lot:tup:

Thank you Nick!

My coice for next season is Nurburgring GP/F. However I don't know if I want to do time change(weather is definite no), I'll update this asap once I can test time change(I was thinking of starting in the morning and finishing at suns et). We are having major problems with TV/Internet, at least the power is back on. Oh and typing long messages off a smartphone sucks!
That was my second choice. The car is going to zip around that track.

Is the Nurburgring Nordschleife an option?
It is an option but I think it would be a pain to have qualifying. We would have to set qualifying time to a least 15-20 minutes for everyone to have 2 reasonable qualifying laps. But since beal already chose a Nurburgring track, you may want to pick something else:)

Well, I've got some bad news. After hearing from Verizon, it probably won't be until Monday till they can send a technician out. They said our internet/tv may come back on its own, or they may be able to get out earlier. So for the time being, I am unable to race, and I'll try and keep the thread as up to date as possible.

cmbeal317
Monday???? What the hell???? I call Time Warner and they're out the next day! I'd demand better service than that and threaten to cancel service. That's BULL:censored:!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was my second choice. The car is going to zip around that track.

Monday???? What the hell???? I call Time Warner and they're out the next day! I'd demand better service than that and threaten to cancel service. That's BULL:censored:!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The few laps I did the other night were a blast!

As for waiting until Monday for internet, I'm not too mad Todays ice storm was horrible, and I now people that have been told it may be 2-3 day till they get there power back. I'm just glad to be able to have the power back on. They told us there were a lot of other people in our area with the same problems. Sure I'll miss this weekends races, but that is a small price to pay considering what others are going through.

Why do some of you have beef with time and weather change? IMO the weather just makes it more challenging and fun, it can make or break races, it sort of adds extra aspect to racing as a whole. Maybe don't set it to 100% but to 50% so the track isn't 100% wet in 5 minutes. As for the night racing I can't even find a single reason not to like it. We do endurance races after all, and both of these happen in a lot of real life ones.

So what about the Bathurst race? Are we going to do it? Since it doesn't fit in current schedule, maybe we could do it on a some other day? I think wednesday is free of any snail events. What do you guys think?

It is an option but I think it would be a pain to have qualifying. We would have to set qualifying time to a least 15-20 minutes for everyone to have 2 reasonable qualifying laps. But since beal already chose a Nurburgring track, you may want to pick something else:)

If we're going to do nordschleife race sometime in the future we could do a separate hour or 2 qualifying session a day before actual race or something like that.💡

Why do some of you have beef with time and weather change? IMO the weather just makes it more challenging and fun, it can make or break races, it sort of adds extra aspect to racing as a whole. Maybe don't set it to 100% but to 50% so the track isn't 100% wet in 5 minutes. As for the night racing I can't even find a single reason not to like it. We do endurance races after all, and both of these happen in a lot of real life ones.

So what about the Bathurst race? Are we going to do it? Since it doesn't fit in current schedule, maybe we could do it on a some other day? I think wednesday is free of any snail events. What do you guys think?

If we're going to do nordschleife race sometime in the future we could do a separate hour or 2 qualifying session a day before actual race or something like that.💡

If you check out this post,https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...rts-february-8th.255685/page-118#post-9308970, you will see we are running some special event races, which includes Nordschleife. Bathurst could possibly be squeezed in there.

As for time/weather change. I'm not a fan. First, I'm old and can't see very well when the screen is dark. If it's a lite track in the dark, I can live with it. Like Daytona, Indy, ect. Second, real life racing at night only really happens in a 24 hour race, which is a handful a year. Most endurance races happen during the day. Have you ever seen a night race at Road America or Limerock? They do race in the rain but it doesn't happen as often as you think. If someone wins a track choice and they choose to have time/weather change, that's their choice and I'm fine with that. Just, please make sure you test the configurations out. We had tried weather/time races in the past that didn't work out like they were supposed to.

@Chiochan - I just need your track choice for Season 15, and then I'll announce the schedule.

For everyone else,

I have figured out how to connect my phone to my laptop and use the 4G connection from my phone to access the internet on my laptop. Unfortunately, this does not mean that I'll be able to race this weekend, but at least I can get on the thread and edit it a lot easier than on my phone. I'll try to keep everything as up to date as possible and I'll be hoping that we'll get our full internet service back soon!

Hope everyone has a great weekend and good luck with the start of Season 15 tomorrow night!

cmbeal317

We ran a night race at a non lit track a few seasons ago and it was horrible. IT SUCKED.
The only good thing was I won... but it still was not fun.

I am going to choose The Nurburgring Nordschleife. I know someone has stated the difficulty with the qualifying but 20 minutes would give us 2 laps + 4 minutes. I would also like to do 800 start. Time progression at 3, weather to start 0, weather change 10.

Thanks @Chiochan!

The final schedule has been announced and has been posted in the the first post of the thread. I just need laps and cautions and I'll update those accordingly. Each track in the schedule has been linked to the post where the person who chose the track announced it. In those posts you'll find detailed information on weather/time change(if applicable).

Good luck to everyone tomorrow night and I can't wait to hopefully be back on track next week!

cmbeal317

So, Ascari tomorrow night? Are we counting the curbs on the chicanes as part of the track?
these are the rules we use in the mix master shuffle room.

Ascari

The Chicanes - 2 wheels at all times on the track surface or boundary line.
There is a bordering painted border line around the chicane design which should be treated as the curbing. The inside painted pavement of the chicane, on the other side of this borderline, is, like other chicanes, considered on the outside of the track boundaries.
This may depend on the width of a given car, but a good rule of thumb here is that if you are mowing the grass (sticking 1 or 2 wheels into the grass on the outside - the other side of the chicane from the track proper)... then you are very likely leaving the track surface & borderline with more than 2 wheels. In some cars, depending on the length, you might be able to maintain 2 wheels on the track surface or boundary line by keeping your inside wheels (those on the side of the proper track) lined up toward the pointy tip of the chicane design.
But this is certainly a tricky chicane depending on the car. provided by watermelonpunch.

Back