• Only DLC Tracks

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • Only DLC Cars

Votes: 8 5.3%
  • No DLC

Votes: 22 14.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am going to choose The Nurburgring Nordschleife. I know someone has stated the difficulty with the qualifying but 20 minutes would give us 2 laps + 4 minutes. I would also like to do 800 start. Time progression at 3, weather to start 0, weather change 10.

Hopefully you guys enjoy this particular race. I wont be attending. The Nurb is absolutely hell to race on..

Quiet, Nurburgring is fantastic. It gets my vote of approval. On a side note though, mandatory cautions should not be allowed there. Way too long of a lap.

30_Circuito-Ascari-Race-Resort.jpg

Quiet, Nurburgring is fantastic. It gets my vote of approval. On a side note though, mandatory cautions should not be allowed there. Way too long of a lap.
No need for a full mandatory lap. I suggest we start mandatory at tiergarten corner before downhill, so those who want to pit can do so, then resume at say aremberg or thereabouts. Another reason for caution is so we all can get back together again to make race a little closer. It can get pretty boring on Nurb hotlapping alone for 2 hours.

these are the rules we use in the mix master shuffle room.
Ascari
The Chicanes - 2 wheels at all times on the track surface or boundary line.
There is a bordering painted border line around the chicane design which should be treated as the curbing. The inside painted pavement of the chicane, on the other side of this borderline, is, like other chicanes, considered on the outside of the track boundaries.
This may depend on the width of a given car, but a good rule of thumb here is that if you are mowing the grass (sticking 1 or 2 wheels into the grass on the outside - the other side of the chicane from the track proper)... then you are very likely leaving the track surface & borderline with more than 2 wheels. In some cars, depending on the length, you might be able to maintain 2 wheels on the track surface or boundary line by keeping your inside wheels (those on the side of the proper track) lined up toward the pointy tip of the chicane design.
But this is certainly a tricky chicane depending on the car. provided by watermelonpunch.

S.N.A.I.L. will use something similar to these guidelines. I have to take a close look at the track and determine exactly what the surfaces are. If they are not proper rumble strips (and I don't believe they are), they will not be considered track.

Your series can do whatever it wants. I was waiting until I had to do this particular track for a Sunday night event. It is going to be quite a bit of work to take all the necessary photos and work up the descriptions.

If you guys want an official S.N.A.I.L. ruling to go by, I could work something up quickly tonight and get it posted. If you want to go with the above, then by all means, go with the above.

I'm not a big fan of Nurburgring Nordschleife BUT I'm a SPECer and will race the tracks that are chosen. It's cool if you choose not to race a particular track but I guess, for me , it will be like a drive in the country and hope the rabbits stay off the track:sly:

I know I speak for everyone that it sucks that cmbeal can't race this weekend. I was going to ask everyone if they wanted to start the season next week and wait for cmbeal to get his internet back but knowing Chris he wouldn't want us to do that.

So, with that being said, let's take our focus off Nurburgring Nordschleife, it is 4 weeks away mind you, and let's focus on the track boundaries for Ascari.

S.N.A.I.L. will use something similar to these guidelines. I have to take a close look at the track and determine exactly what the surfaces are. If they are not proper rumble strips (and I don't believe they are), they will not be considered track.

Your series can do whatever it wants. I was waiting until I had to do this particular track for a Sunday night event. It is going to be quite a bit of work to take all the necessary photos and work up the descriptions.

If you guys want an official S.N.A.I.L. ruling to go by, I could work something up quickly tonight and get it posted. If you want to go with the above, then by all means, go with the above.

I think we all trust your analyses of the track boundaries and your findings and if you would like to make an 'Official Snail Ruling' for this track, I don't have a problem with it. You're going to have to do it eventually:)

The official S.N.A.I.L. policy at Ascari, and only at Ascari, will be that the white lines at the edge of the tarmac surface will be the track boundary in all locations. The "rumble strips" here are not even proper rumble strips, they are just colored concrete that is starting to fall apart. As a matter of face, there appear to be places where proper rumble strips have been removed from the surface. At every other spot that is paved beyond the white line, it is a different surface or a different color. Being that this is a private race resort, I would imagine that these areas are put there for safety and visual aids. The only place you can get more than two wheels beyond the white line are in the chicanes and in the spots where the other track layouts come into play. There is one large bluish area on the exit of a turn beyond the white line and it will not be considered track.

This will, most likely, remain open for discussion up until we run the track on a Sunday night and I would like to get your feedback after you run the race here.

Personally, I would not recommend passing in the chicanes at this track. There are plenty of other places to make clean passes.

I may have time to race tonight and if there is enough room count me in. Can't seem to fine the post or data about ever requesting an official number color so please list me as #11 and Gold chrome (dark red on SNAIL nights), wheels ? Thanks.

NOTE: Everyone wanting to participate. Add me to your friends list. It will be a Private room only availible to friends. We don't need a repeat of Bathurst again.

I just sent a FR. I could have sworn I already had you on my friends list though. :odd: Oh well, I can't wait to race tonight! :D

So I take it we're still racing tonight? I'd like to change my color selection to the one I ran in the Daytona 2.4, Matte Dark Grey/Cream

I'll accept all requests when I get home from work. My color choice is:

Body: Yas Marina Blue
Wheels: Austin Yellow
Number: 29

Don't call the race off yet, the guy from Verizon just turned up out of the blue. I let everyone know asap if it's up or not.

Just ran a couple laps - Nice car!

How often do y'all pit for tires? I was on RH and I think I may not have been conserving very well... Or what # on your tires starts to feel pretty slippery?

Body: Chrome Orange (if we have too many Orange, holler at me, I will change)
Wheels: Rolling! Ah... Chrome Blue 05
Number: .44

I think wife is out for evening, so depending on kids, I am... 50/50?

So glad we wont be racing here in the dark it is horrendous at night. Not very easy at dusk either I might add.

Just ran a couple laps - Nice car!

How often do y'all pit for tires? I was on RH and I think I may not have been conserving very well... Or what # on your tires starts to feel pretty slippery?

Body: Chrome Orange (if we have too many Orange, holler at me, I will change)
Wheels: Rolling! Ah... Chrome Blue 05
Number: .44

I think wife is out for evening, so depending on kids, I am... 50/50?

On softs I found that the good was gone in 6 to 7 laps, depending on how hard I drove. Car would probably still be driveable for another 5 or 6 laps past that, but not quick.

I feel we should scrap racing soft period and just run mediums. Softs have way too much forward bite and cause otherwise loose cars to understeer. I have my strategy figured out and thats what im gonna stick 2.

I feel we should scrap racing soft period and just run mediums. Softs have way too much forward bite and cause otherwise loose cars to understeer. I have my strategy figured out and thats what im gonna stick 2.

We're not changing tire reg's 40 min before the race. It will be RS and RH. We need to learn to adjust and not knit pick.:)

I'm terribly sorry to notify everyone this late but I may not be able to run my first endure race with everyone. Hopefully real-life things go well in the next half hour so I can race tonight. :(

Back