• Only DLC Tracks

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • Only DLC Cars

Votes: 8 5.3%
  • No DLC

Votes: 22 14.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
New picture time for the first post! Thank you @Chiochan for providing the image!

SNAIL_EnduroRacingSeason15final.jpg

SNAIL SPEC Series Raceday!!!

Last week, Season 15 kicked off at the stunning Ascari Race Resort. Top competitors Adventuruss and Fastfox retired from the race with mechanical issues, allowing Season 14 champ Brandofo to cruise to an easy victory. JWalker took second, followed by an impressive first showing by PA98MA99. Xrad made a major strategy play to finish 4th, stretching 3 pit stops to last him the entire race after starting in the back, and Racefan rounded out the top 5.

Now, the drivers of the SNAIL Spec series will take on the tight and technical curves of Deep Forest Raceway! Compared to the wide open spaces of Ascari, Deep Forest is a veritable bull ring. With little run off room and walls always close at hand, any small mistake can be costly and dangerous. Combine this with the various changes of elevation and camber throughout the course, and you have a recipe for excitement!

These four-wheel-drive monsters will be lapping the course at well under 1:20, with some faster times approaching the 1:13 mark, so there's a good chance lapped traffic may come into play. Tire conservation and strategy will surely play a part as well. Left front tires in particular will be a hot commodity. Who will take the checkered flag? Tune in tonight to find out! :)
Real nice Racefan, good job with this description and thanks for the mention also since this is really good I wouldn't mind reading a paragraph like this after every race. Keep up the great work & racing, good luck tonight.

Remember, if you are going to race tonight, send me a friend request. We are racing in a 'friends only' room. When I open the room at 9:45PM ET / 6:45PM PT, I will no longer be accepting them, tonight that is. So get them sent ASAP.

We will be racing at Deep Forest Raceway/ Reverse
Laps:88
Cautions: Laps 29 and 59

The concrete area after the last tunnel is 'off limits'. Do not cut the track. If you do, you will be penalized, by the game, at the end of the race with a 100 second penalty. If you so happen not to receive that penalty, just so everyone is aware, I will be looking at the replay and if anyone is found cutting the track, you will be disqualified for the race.

Also remember this important rule about the Tire Regulations:

- Racing Hard and Racing Soft
- Must run at least 10 Laps on each tire compound
- Pit Out laps and caution laps do not count toward minimum laps
- Tire change required, game gives 100 second penalty at the end of the race if you don't change compounds

To be fair, since we are not, at the moment, running 2 divisions, those who raced and received points last week will have priority in entering this weeks race. If we see more racers wanting to join and will commit, somewhat, in racing every Sat. night, then we will have to possibly think about 2 divisions.

Please read the first post for all the rules and regulations for SPEC. It is up to you, if you have any questions, to ask, on the thread, before the race. Once the race starts, the only thing that everyone will be reminded of is the caution laps.

Look forward in seeing everyone on the track tonight and let's hope everyone completes the race in full without any connection issues (or anything else:sly:).

Remember, if you are going to race tonight, send me a friend request. We are racing in a 'friends only' room. When I open the room at 9:45PM ET / 6:45PM PT, I will no longer be accepting them, tonight that is. So get them sent ASAP.

The concrete area after the last tunnel is 'off limits'. Do not cut the track. If you do, you will be penalized, by the game, at the end of the race with a 100 second penalty. If you so happen not to receive that penalty, just so everyone is aware, I will be looking at the replay and if anyone is found cutting the track, you will be disqualified for the race.

- Tire change required, game gives 100 second penalty at the end of the race if you don't change compounds

To be fair, since we are not, at the moment, running 2 divisions, those who raced and received points last week will have priority in entering this weeks race. If we see more racers wanting to join and will commit, somewhat, in racing every Sat. night, then we will have to possibly think about 2 divisions.

Please read the first post for all the rules and regulations for SPEC. It is up to you, if you have any questions, to ask, on the thread, before the race. Once the race starts, the only thing that everyone will be reminded of is the caution laps.

Look forward in seeing everyone on the track tonight and let's hope everyone completes the race in full without any connection issues (or anything else:sly:).

Will be home in 15 minutes to send the friend request.

Friend Request sent. Please reboot your PS3 after accepting all Friend Requests. I have heard of instances that recent friend requests can go unnoticed sometimes when accepted and then room made right after... just a suggestion.

Thanks for hosting!!

I got home late this afternoon. I was at a PGA event at Riviera Country Club today. I was going to suggest to use a pic that Goat posted but you were way ahead of me. Banner looks great!

I'm a huge fan of action shots and this was by far my favorite!

For tonight's race:

As was mentioned earlier, this is a short track and lapped traffic will come into play. If you are leading when a caution starts make sure to pause immediately to let everyone catch up.

If you pit during a non - caution period, make sure to stay within the white lines on the pit exit to avoid any collisions into T1.

Good luck everyone and have fun.

Last edited:
Room is now open. Everyone that sent friend requests have been accepted. No more will be accepted tonight.

Let's race!

Well, there's a first time for everything. I got booted when I entered the pits. My tire change box said 'pulldown' and when I tried to change tires, I got booted. Oh well:)

It sucks because that car/track combo was really great:tup:

It's all good though. There's always next week:D:tup:

Last edited:
I got dc'ed too, though its 100% my connection going full retard right now with 344 ping 0.67 download and 2.26 upload :banghead: :(

Can't say if your connection effected me or others but with that kind of ping you should consider not entering tomorrow nights races. 100 ping is pushing it. Ping is the most important part of on line gaming. I just checked mine and it's 11 in L.A. East coast ping is 45.

Last edited:
Can't say if your connection effected me or others but with that kind of ping you should consider not entering tomorrow nights races. 100 ping is pushing it. Ping is the most important past of on line gaming. I just checked mine and it's 11 in L.A. East coast ping is 45.
I know, but like I said its going crazy because it was at 140 ping and 20 download 5 mins ago and now ping is down to 29. Hopefully its stable tomorrow.

Great race tonight. That was a great car and track combo and the pit strategies definitely affected the outcome.

I went soft/soft on the first stint and pitted on lap 27 so that I could jump in front of Nick on the start of the second stint to try to hold him behind me if possible and to get some clear air. It almost backfired on me as Racefan passed me as I exited the pits on lap 28 but his old rubber allowed me to pass back by the end of the lap.

I switched to hards around lap 46 and my strategy worked out perfectly because I caught up to the leaders and passed them both into the final corner to end the second stint. :lol:

The last stint was soft/soft and I was battling PA98MA99 for 3rd place the entire stint. I pitted a lap ahead of him and got the undercut but he stayed on my bumper. We swapped positions several times and went door to door on the last lap through the second sector. He caught a bit of the guardrail which let me take 3rd overall.

Great turnout tonight and some great racing. Nice win for Nick as he was clearly the fastest in qualifying and race pace.

Last edited:
Last night was probably one of the best races I've raced in a while. I really liked the combo also.

I started with Racing Hard tires and tried to stay with Racefan which proved to be really hard. Considering the pit box didn't pop up for me the first time I pitted, I didn't get any points during the first caution.

After I switched to Softs and the first caution was over me and Racefan were battling each other for 1st as brandofo switched to hards causing him to fall back with Nic and the others. Being a rookie to Enduros I messed up when I was leading a lap before the second caution which caused me to lose points.

Coming out of the last caution I was 7th but managed to catch up to 5th after that lap finding my self with cmbeal and brandofo. After a couple of laps me and brandofo faded away from cmbeal which led to me and brandofo battling for 3rd. He pitted a lap before me but I was able to catch him after I pitted. It was the one of the closest racing Ive been in. We were switching positions almost every lap being just inches apart from each other. During the last lap I made a move into the first corner but then he got the inside line through the second sector causing him to come in 3rd.

It was a great race but also a critical one due to the fact that the top 5 with the most points (Brandofo,Racefan,Nic,PA98MA99,Jwalker) are battling for the number one spot of this Seasons Championship.

SNAIL SPEC Series Race Report: Season 15, Round 2

Well folks, round two at Deep Forest Reverse is in the books! Nic-KL gave a dominant performance, winning the race from the pole by 20 seconds, but there was plenty of battles for position throughout the night. Through most of the first segment, Brandofo was able to keep up with Nic, but he lost some time as the stint progressed. Racefan and PA started the race on hard tires, battling hard for 8th for the first few laps. Once they put softs on, they were able to fight their way up through the pack.

At the first caution, Brandofo pulled a strategy move, short-pitting to give himself the lead on the restart. Nic restarted second, but he had a hard time getting up to speed, holding up Fastfox and Cmbeal. This allowed Racefan and PA to sneak around Nic on the outside through the tunnel and challenge Brandofo for the lead. Just before the next round of pitstops, Brandofo slipped up in turn 1. This gave Racefan the lead, which he held until he short-pitted before caution 2.

PA held the lead going into the second caution period, but he slowed down too soon, allowing Brandofo to get by. Most of the leaders pitted under the caution, but Racefan and Fastfox stayed out. Of the cars with fresh tires, Nic was the first in line on the restart. He was able to get going much more quickly this time, but he was held up for a few laps by Fox, who was struggling on his older tires. This allowed Racefan to get away to a 7 second lead. But, as soon as Nic got around Fox, he set sail, catching and passing Racefan with ease and driving away to the checkers. Racefan held on for second, while Brandofo beat PA for third in an intense, multi-lap battle. Beal, who had been solid all race long, came home in 5th.

Well, I am disappointed....I have missed a few races....it seems the last notification I received was that Endurance racing is cancelled until further notice......then while practicing for regular SNAIL event last saturday there was a drought in ppl practicing and someone said the dreaded phrase......"Oh, the enduro is on tonight".......I felt left deprived.... like the three year old at the walmart checkout, without chocolate!!!

Well, I want in again......what is the particulars for this weekend? I am usually slime green with #9, and Enkei Baha wheels in red.

Can I come out to play?

Based on my highly unofficial lap time calculations, Saturday night's race will be approximately 57 laps with cautions at laps 19 and 38. I will be basing my testing off these numbers, but I'm sure the higher ups will want to verify them before making anything official.

The points and other info like numbers and colors need to be updated as the laps for this week's race if possible, so everyone can begin testing.

Back