◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,480 comments
We use the same car for both tutoring and racing, so that when we show the students how to take the turn, we are running the exact same car they are. The rooms are locked down in the settings, just like as if it were a race.

If the car selection is optional, then what is the big deal? It's not like anyone can force someone to run a different color. ...same with the numbers, it's not enforceable, really, it's more of courtesy.

Your response sounds a bit defensive so just to be clear, I'm not arguing, but rather making an inquiry. I find little reason to get worked up over a game. My opinion is that if it matters to a majority, as a courtesy, prep cars the same but paint one for practice and one for league. Teach in whichever car colors you like as it has no bearing to league night, but then race in cars that are more unique. This is just IF there is unrest. Im thinking many don't care either way, myself included.

Last edited:
I PM'd Zero the track for the week, but im guessing he hasnt been on to update things.

track is Suzuka circuit. (the full version for those in question).

With an RM car, can you change suspension/transmission setups or will that disallow the car?

You cant change anything with any car with the Tuning Prohibited. (besides what we currently allow, rims, paint, oil, ect)

Ninja'd o.O

Last edited:
Thanks guys! Haha I was hoping it'd be like that. Definitely not a tuner. Sounds like a good choice though. Looking forward to it.

Last week we had a really poor turn out for a Wednesday, so I'm hoping this nice banner will draw soon attention.

WednesdaySpecRacing04-18-2012.jpg

I see you looking!

lol

Let's see if this thing works....

tez, zer0: Do you guys want to pick through the forum and figure out colors and numbers? If not, I'm willing to do it.

Also, the chart is going to need to be password protected or what have you so that it can't be arbitrarily changed.

tez, thanks for stepping up an creating that Google Doc for us! However, I agree with Apmaddock that we should not allow anyone to arbitrarily change it. Therefore, please uncheck the box in the share menu that says "Allow anyone to edit (no sign-in required)". Unchecking that box will let anyone with the link view the document, but will prevent them from being able to edit it. 👍

And while you're at it, please add my e-mail address in the "Add people" field (I'll PM you with it). Doing so will allow me to edit your document. There are a few tweaks I'd like to make to it if you don't mind. You can change it back if you don't like the stuff I add to it. :D

I think it is pretty clear that Tuber gets it, then, right?

Is 8 available?

Exosphere currently is but said he'd use 88 if need be :)

Also, sheet back to locked as per zer0's request.

Edit: I may not be able to attend tonight....our slo-pitch team is trying to score cool stuff from people for our fundraiser and we're heading off in about half an hour to do that.

Last edited:

Thanks tez! Btw, would you be willing to serve as the official color/number manager? You'd be responsible for updating the Google Doc with color and numbers requests as well as updating the number of Sundays that drivers participate in. I'm going to update the Google Doc with some formulas to make doing that pretty easy though. Let me know either way. Thanks!

Thanks tez! Btw, would you be willing to serve as the official color/number manager? You'd be responsible for updating the Google Doc with color and numbers requests as well as updating the number of Sundays that drivers participate in. I'm going to update the Google Doc with some formulas to make doing that pretty easy though. Let me know either way. Thanks!

I can do that for now, sure....better send me your email so I can add it though, lol

In the Google Doc spread sheet for the numbers, colors and such, the color for my cars i Passionate Pink. the Wheel is the wheel color.

Everyone in that sheet has not been update with the wheel color. FYI

I just thought you'd like to know. :sly:

Is there a number list? If Handlebar already picked #2 he can have it. I didn't realize he had already picked it or I would not have. I have my eye on #69 anyway. :lol:

In the Google Doc spread sheet for the numbers, colors and such, the color for my cars i Passionate Pink. the Wheel is the wheel color.

Everyone in that sheet has not been update with the wheel color. FYI

I just thought you'd like to know. :sly:

Oh, I just now added that column. I'm planning to transfer all of the wheel colors over to the new column myself. It wasn't intended for anyone to have to update on their own. :)

Other than for replays, different paints and numbers are pretty pointless, IMO.

All you can see of people in front of you is giant letters across the whole f'n screen anyway. (thanks alot, PD :rolleyes:)

*Note: This is in no way an indication of any unhappiness on my part toward anyone other than PD, just wanted to throw in my pennies in regard to conversation on the last page.

Oh, I just now added that column. I'm planning to transfer all of the wheel colors over to the new column myself. It wasn't intended for anyone to have to update on their own. :)

I took the initiative to put my colors down. Haha. Sorry if I wasn't supposed to.

I PM'd Zero the track for the week, but im guessing he hasnt been on to update things.

track is Suzuka circuit. (the full version for those in question).

haha I thought asking you when you were going to post your "Suzuka pick" was an indication that I already knew what your pick was. I just wanted you to post in on the thread so that everyone else could know as well. Also, I've started to add hyperlinks to the new cars and tracks that are added to the line-up so that it's easy to track who made each pick. Anyways, thanks for posting it. I've updated the line-up with your selection.

Last week we had a really poor turn out for a Wednesday, so I'm hoping this nice banner will draw soon attention.

WednesdaySpecRacing04-18-2012.jpg

I see you looking!

lol

Is that carbon fiber lettering I see??? Epic!! C'mon snails, the Wednesday races start in less than an hour. New car (the first RM'd car in league history) and new tracks. You don't want to miss it!

Tonight will be my last night hosting wednesdays. Cheeb will be taking over hosting duties beginning next week and I will sub in whenever needed.
See ya in 30 minutes in lounge 1

tezgm99

Edit: I may not be able to attend tonight....our slo-pitch team is trying to score cool stuff from people for our fundraiser and we're heading off in about half an hour to do that.

I was thinking of "behind the 8 ball" forgot about Mr. E.

Back