◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,532 comments
There are no current replays for D2 in "the cloud". I though by posting this here, it might get noticed faster than if I posted in the stewards area.

I'm uploading them now. Had to put them in two parts due to their size. Part 1 is Races 1-4. Part 2 is 5 and 6.

Good job on the pics tcrash and tez, thanks 👍

ditto what cheeb said! HUGE thanks to tcrash and tez for taking the time to decorate out home on :gtplanet: with some stylish decor! :)

Anyone in D3 want to give it a shot? There were 14 of you in there so I'm sure there are plenty of awesome shots just waiting to be captured! :D

Great pics tezgm99.

15 cars in D2 makes for some good racin' and even better pics!

Does anyone from D3 want to post some pics?

Well folks, I'm gonna bail.

It has absolutely nothing to do the problems I caused Sunday night. It's simply that I don't have enough time. I work second shift full time, and run in another series. I need to quit my job...💡

This is a great series, I really like the spec racing format. Levels the playing field, imo. I also had fun the three times that I ran with y'all..👍

Wishing you all the best...

That's a shame to hear, greest. I think we all had fun racing with you as well. Come back anytime, we'd be glad to have you. :)

The period in which a complaint may be submitted has closed. There were several complaints this week, but none of them will change who finished first in any division.

I'd like to congratulate the winners, then, but please wait for zer0's blessing before making any prize selections.

The complaints that were lodged will go through the normal process in the Steward forum and any point adjustments deemed necessary will be made. That should be finished by this time tomorrow, and I will post the results here.

Thanks, guys.

Thanks for giving the "all clear", Ap.

Division winners, please claim your prizes!! According to the results, RIP_Welsh_Don gets the first pick since he finished with the most points among the three division winners. The second pick goes to sethfraz22 since he had the second most points among the division winners. The remaining prize will go to rofajole.

If you select Prize A, go ahead and announcement the new car and track that you've decided to replace Round 2 with.

If you select Prize B, please go ahead and announce whether you will be replacing the car or the track on Round 1, and what you'll be replacing it with.

Thanks and congrats again on your division victories!

Last edited:
For those who are trying to level up your Bob drivers... B-Spec Seasonals will punch your ticket right quick.

fzappa
Great pics tezgm99.

15 cars in D2 makes for some good racin' and even better pics!

Does anyone from D3 want to post some pics?

I will give it a shake, but I don't think they will look like your quality.

I read a post that said something about splitting up one of the races with two cars. I think that would be a mistake, keep it to one that works for me.

Each week replacing the least favourite car/track combination, based on votes, becomes Prize A. Whichever of the winners selects Prize A gets to replace both the Car and Track.

The second least favourite, based on votes, becomes Prize B. Whichever of the winners selects Prize B gets to replace the Car OR Track.

I read a post that said something about splitting up one of the races with two cars. I think that would be a mistake, keep it to one that works for me.

You misunderstood. The idea was to have two 5 minute qualifying sessions for the Ferrari/Motegi West race. Each session would have only half of the field on the track. That small track with a full grid makes it very hard to run a clean lap without interference.

You misunderstood. The idea was to have two 5 minute qualifying sessions for the Ferrari/Motegi West race. Each session would have only half of the field on the track. That small track with a full grid makes it very hard to run a clean lap without interference.

Thanks AP, I guess I misunderstood too :lol:

thanks AP

Yeah, in D1 we didn't have enough people to run into this issue. Maybe we can set a threshold where this goes into effect?

Actually, I wonder if Millerhd is actually talking about this post from the S.P.E.C. Racing thread. It seems to be more in line with his mention of splitting the race with two cars. Prior to Rally's post regarding qualifying, the only time it was mentioned was over voice in the D2 lounge on Sunday night. Millerhd wasn't in the D2 lounge on Sunday night so it's unlikely that he would have known about that conversation. :confused:

Yeah, in D1 we didn't have enough people to run into this issue. Maybe we can set a threshold where this goes into effect?

I think we should just leave it up the director of each division on how they want to handle qualifying on short tracks like Motegi West. Depending on how many drivers are in the lounge, it may or may not be an issue. We had 15 in D2 on Sunday night and it was definitely cramped. Looks like you guys ran into some issues in D1 with 10 drivers.

If it's a threshold you're looking for, how about tracks less than one mile long will need to be split into two 5-minute qualifying sessions?

I'll give Prize A a shot please. Hope I can come up with a fun combo!

Just a quick question before I do. What is the general feeling on using 'Standard' cars? I know it has been done, but it doesn't seem common practice. If it's ok, then I'll post the car now, but will need to match it to a suitable track later, once I get home.

My car choice will be the 'Toyota Supra RZ '97'. I am more than happy to send this car to anyone that may need one too, or if too many people don't have it, I can pick a Premium car.

Also, if anyone can help, I will be looking to pick up a few paint chips for my cars:
Colour - Perlmuttgrun :)

Cheers,

I think we should just leave it up the director of each division on how they want to handle qualifying on short tracks like Motegi West. Depending on how many drivers are in the lounge, it may or may not be an issue. We had 15 in D2 on Sunday night and it was definitely cramped. Looks like you guys ran into some issues in D1 with 10 drivers.

If it's a threshold you're looking for, how about tracks less than one mile long will need to be split into two 5-minute qualifying sessions?

I was thinking about number of people in the room (10+) being the threshold, so maybe use both criteria.

I'll give Prize A a shot please. Hope I can come up with a fun combo!

Just a quick question before I do. What is the general feeling on using 'Standard' cars? I know it has been done, but it doesn't seem common practice. If it's ok, then I'll post the car now, but will need to match it to a suitable track later, once I get home.

My car choice will be the 'Toyota Supra RZ '97'. I am more than happy to send this car to anyone that may need one too, or if too many people don't have it, I can pick a Premium car.

Also, if anyone can help, I will be looking to pick up a few paint chips for my cars:
Colour - Perlmuttgrun :)

Cheers,

Traditionally we only do standard cars if they are available in the OCD. The logistics of getting cars traded around the group are pretty daunting.

I was thinking about number of people in the room (10+) being the threshold, so maybe use both criteria.

I think a combination of the two conditions would need to be filled in order to warrant a split qualifying session. There's no need to split the session based on 10+ people. That pretty much happens in every division every week and 5 minutes just isn't enough time for long tracks (like our old friend Spa). So how about this:

Qualifying sessions will be split into two 5-minute sessions if the track is short (< 1 mile) and the grid is full (> 10 drivers). Thoughts? Suggestions?

Latest Posts

Back