◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 148,475 comments
image7.jpg

I see your point though. Im gonna go ahead and call it an unintentional design and personally would rather them come up with a better solution... on that thought though, perhaps tweaking the mtu settings could be a help. maybe just a byte or 2.

Without a doubt, a better solution would be preferred and I'm sure is quite possible. Better is a subjective term though. What is better to one may be worse to another. We are in a spot where we have to work around what is given to us. If what is being given to us changes, then we will adapt and work around that as well.

Ok, so, with all this talk, i think i wanna experiment a bit. I am going tp create a different thread to ease and to keep from flooding this thread. I'll post a link when i get it set up, I ask anyone who has had any sort of issues on track (connection/game based... not driver skill issues :dopey:) to head on over to this thread so we can start tracking and discussing.

Hey there fellow SNAIL's. Are any of you looking to try Project Cars 2 in a laid back and fun atmosphere? Well this might be just the place you have been looking for!
The Lobanaro Lounge was created by two long time SNAIL's, Mike Lobban and Aerolite, and we have quite a few current and former SNAIL's racing with us as well.
We are heading into our 33rd week of racing and have just moved to two divisions, so we now have open spots for more racers to join.
If your interested just click on our logo above.
We look forward to seeing you, :cheers:

We're always looking for more "immersion" in our sim racing and gaming experiences. One of the easiest, most effective, and affordable ways to do that is with a ButtKicker! They are the world's foremost brand of low frequency audio transducers and of course the title sponsor of the ButtKicker Challenge V! On top of all the obvious reasons to get a ButtKicker, I'd like to announce four additional reasons why there's never been a better time to buy one:

REASON #1 - BIG DISCOUNT! All Snails get 25% of their order. Simply go to TheButtKicker.com and enter the Coupon Code SNAIL25 to get your 25% discount off any order!

REASON #2 - FREE SHIPPING! Get free shipping on any order (in addition to your 25% discount)

REASON #3 - PURCHASE INSURANCE! If you win the ButtKicker Challenge V, you will get a FULL REFUND on your ButtKicker purchase!

REASON #4 - COOL SWAG! Post a picture of your new ButtKicker on this thread, and I'll send you a you a 6-inch die-cut SNAIL decal in your choice of white or black (as shown below):

niegztO.png
Pics of my new Buttkicker and custom fabricated mount.

Attachments

• IMG_20171031_034224765.jpg
    IMG_20171031_034224765.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20171031_041803787.jpg
    IMG_20171031_041803787.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 18
@JamCar0ne posted a beautiful White SNAIL Logo on the GTS Activity.
Put it on the sides of the Rear Wing - am unable to find a way to eliminate the resulting streaks on the top of the Wing.
It has been discussed here - but cannot find where that conversation took place.
Would appreciate some instructions.
Thanks

Put it on the sides of the Rear Wing - am unable to find a way to eliminate the resulting streaks on the top of the Wing.
It has been discussed here - but cannot find where that conversation took place.
Thanks
Place another decal on the top of the wing that matches the color of the car to cover up the streaks

Place another decal on the top of the wing that matches the color of the car to cover up the streaks
Tried that but:
1-How do I stretch the decal across the Wing?
2-How do I paint the covering decal?

Thanks

There was a discussion about this in one of the livery threads https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/logos-on-gr-1-fins-how.368756/

When you are placing the decal, there is an menu icon that lets you change the camera a projection style or something of that sort. The Angle Limit option will keep the decal from bleeding over onto the wing.

To stretch, hold L1 and move the right joystick around. I believe left/right is stretch left/right and up/down is stretch up/down. It's the left joystick that does skewing.

Can someone explain what that angle limit and projection angle mean?

Can someone explain what that angle limit and projection angle mean?

Just a wild guess....

The projection angle is the view angle as viewed from your eye 90 degrees straight up front... 45 degree as viewed diaganally from the side.

If it helps to avoid the bleeding onto the center part of the wing, I am sure it has to do with how much 'depth' it does to the decal.

Last edited:
Thanks. My mission today is to recreate the Ford GT GTE/GTLM livery on the Mustang. I found images of it from all sides straight on which really helps.

I also made a Martini livery for the 458 Italia Gr.3. It's simple but that's usually what a Martini livery is. I'm waiting for some good round stripes for the rear quarter panels. So far I've only seen straight and slightly curved upwards which work for everywhere else.

Thanks. My mission today is to recreate the Ford GT GTE/GTLM livery on the Mustang. I found images of it from all sides straight on which really helps.

I also made a Martini livery for the 458 Italia Gr.3. It's simple but that's usually what a Martini livery is. I'm waiting for some good round stripes for the rear quarter panels. So far I've only seen straight and slightly curved upwards which work for everywhere else.

Can you share your decals via the game?

0474 6137 2263 6918 3812[/QUOTE]

Tried that but:
1-How do I stretch the decal across the Wing?
2-How do I paint the covering decal?

@TEX36 and All
it is actually pretty easy via the Projection Menu. Use the middle icon, is the projection method, use align with surface.
Then when you place the decal, go to Projection area... Depth Limit.. I place mine at -10
This prevents the bleeding over the wing area and avoids having to place another sticker to cover the bleeeding.. which I actually tried before, but then also ruined the side decal. So it just created another problem.

Can you share your decals via the game?

Thank you! Awesome! It seems you figured it out.

20171118150505 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

Thanks to all of you for helping.
It looks perfect now.

No problem man, I have to "repost" them to my activity feed and then you can see them all. Do you want everything or just the SNAIL stuff?

Edit: I just uploaded my Ford GT GT/GTLM livery for the Mustang Gr. 4. It's missing some decals but it's as close to the real thing as I can get right now.

Last edited:
Hey guys. Boy have missed this forum and the racing. Well I am a bit tardy but at least I am here. I am all good to go on the new platform. It's been years since I signed up and can't remember how the procedure goes but I have already submitted my time trial and can't wait to see where it places me.. so SIGN ME UP please lol.

I heard if you go to "Discover" you can find all sorts of decals created and shared by the world. Will try some time over the weekend, maybe.

I tried this. There are a lot of stickers. Mostly brand names, some Martini Racing stripes, and some numbers as well.

No problem man, I have to "repost" them to my activity feed and then you can see them all. Do you want everything or just the SNAIL stuff?

Edit: I just uploaded my Ford GT GT/GTLM livery for the Mustang Gr. 4. It's missing some decals but it's as close to the real thing as I can get right now.
The more you share the more Thank yous you'll receive!

This Sunday's Menu

20171118190857 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

20171118190907 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

20171118190918 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

20171118190929 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

20171118190941 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

Last edited:
I'm kind of adding and deleting things as I need them. Brand logos for cars as we use them, that kind of thing. Otherwise I don't care about oil and tech companies lol If anything I put the logos of what I use. GTSport, PlayStation, Logitech, and a SNAIL logo

@TEX36 Show us what you made!

Last edited:
Back